Stubborn Hearts

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You are my Lucky Charm

----------------------------------------------

 

 

note: italic and gray fonts are usually thoughts and flashbacks.

 

 

 


Problem: The committee’s decision for having the duet competition in a Big Stadium.

 

For the old stage, they're only going into one stage. This time, the stage is much bigger. It has 2 sided run way stage with the judges table in front.

 

Now for the plan B...

 

Instead of just walking in such a small stage, the singers must separate their way this time. In the west, it'll be Seo Joohyun then in east, it's for Im Yoong. The venue has a wide range of ground that includes the audience area, staff area and media areas. So in order to deliver the song more thoroughly, they needed to do the walking run way style, instead of just staying in one place. This way, they can dilever it to the audience as well as to the people watching it on tv.

 

++++++++++

 

"We have another problem."

 

All heads turned to Professor Kwon.

"Who will do the piano? And… we have to consider another style that can make the audience and judge move. This is not just about going to finals, this is for the people of Korea. So who have an idea?"

 

Like an instinct, all of them turned to see the tan guy who was in his phone, trying to contact someone.

 

"Yah Yul."

 

"Wait.. " excusing his self, the tan guy distance his self to the corner and answers the call...

 

[Hyung? why did you call?]

 

"Are you coming?"

 

[Yup, I guess one more street. Why?]

 

"Heard about the changes?"

 

[Just did... Anything wrong again?]

 

"Just want to remind something. We'll not see each other once you got here... so... Uhmm... Just want to see to it if you can mon-I mean look over Hyun from time to time?"

 

[Okay... for what?]

 

"Uh... just... never mind, can you promise me that?"

 

[Yah! are you and her dating now? It seems you are carefully watching over her?]

 

"We are not! Just want to make sure that you can always have a time for her. Can you grant that? Just for this one."

 

[I'll see what I can do. But, I can't promise. I still need to have talked with my partner for the opening.]

 

"I see... but... Uh okay, just really look over her. Don't ever lose your sight to her."

 

[Of course I won't. She's my partner here, remember?]

 

"I know... just really-"

 

[I said it once, Bye~]

 

Tot-tot-tot....

 

sigh.

 

"It's not bad though. Yoong still cares for her." Yul finished his conversation with a deep sigh. Later, the two will take off the stage, and his concerned was head over heels. Yes, the younger has indeed taken her medicine, but... he couldn't really help but to bother the latter's health. It'll be hot since it's an outdoor competition this time. 

 

He can only hope that the performance will finish without any accident happening.

 

"Sunbae?"

 

"Yul?"

 

Hearing his name being called, he turns and fined his friend looking at him with arching eyebrows.

 

"Are you okay Yul?" asked the blonde, which makes him nods.

 

"Just tired... anyway... let's go?"

 

"Oh wait sunbae." 

 

Taeyeon, Fany, Jessica and Yul instantly turned their heads to the younger, when the latter left the lobby with a dash to the elevator.

 

"Does she forget something?" asked Jessica and Yul almost at the same time.

 

Fany and Taeyeon don’t know either, so they end up raising their shoulders.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Sound of a car pulling over was slowly making its way in front of Diana Hotel. Inside were only a driver and a representative from the competition. It creates a various interest from the media as series of flashes was created almost immediately when it arrives.

 

"Today, the competition which was supposed to be held at the Auditorium, will instead be held at a big stadium in Rome. This is because of some request from fans to have it wider rather than in a simple theater. Amongst of the team who will be affected to this changes was the South Korea Team. They all thought that their two representatives from the choir competition will have a comfortable stage, and these changes never came to their mind. They're at the lobby of Diana Hotel right now, having some meetings, maybe for plan B." 

 

A reported said while facing to his camera.

 

"We'll get some feedbacks later after this meeting. Stay tuned everyone as we give you latest updates from these unexpected changes from the committee."

 

Stepping out from the cab, a certain doe-eyed guy just happened to hear the news. He can only shrug it off and proceeds to the lobby of the Hotel where the other members were now waiting for him.

He spotted a lot of media but he didn't care and successfully enter the Hotel safely. All heads turn to look at him as soon as he arrives.

 

"Professor Kwon, are we ready for the plan B?" He asked.

 

But instead of an answer, Professor only... "Are you ready for this?" asked him in return.

 

The doe-eyed guy determinedly nods his head. He's ready to take off the stage with his partner now. For his friends, family, University, for his nation... and lastly, to the girl who he always longing to have back. "I am... Professor Kwon." He said along with the nod.

 

Yul patted his shoulder and smile in response. Jessica, Fany, and Taeyeon who were behind were all beaming, together with rest of members.

 

"Now, where's your partner?" asked Professor Kwon, as he scan around.

 

"Oh, Professor Kwon, my sister hasn't arrived yet. She went back to her room." informed Taeyeon, upon realizing the old man already looking for her sister.

 

"I see..." Professor Kwon nods in understanding.

 

"I'll get her instead... " Yul was about to left the group when Fany stops him instea, telling him to stay instead and wait.

 

Yul and Yoong can only look at the tan guy vaguely while they wait for the younger....

 

After a minute of waiting....

 

+++++++++

 

"I'm sorry for taking so long."

 

A familiar voice made the entire chorale to look up into their seats. Each of them almost at the same time formed a sweet smile to their lips. Taeyeon who was with her girlfriend was smiling like an idiot, Jessica did was only to make a thumbs up, while the tan guy stood along together with the doe-eyed guy, almost having a jaw drop.

 

Gulp.

 

In front of them was like a goddess along with its gorgeous smile. Having a curly hair, plain make up, along with it’s off bare shoulder dress was the same girl they fell in love.

 

"Uh... Hyun... "

 

"You look so gorgeous." The doe-eyed guy finishes his best friend's words, earning a shy stare from the younger as she replies... "Thank You."

 

"Alright, let's start moving now."

 

Professor Kwon announces, making the three to stop their stares from each other and follows the old man quickly along with the members of chorale. Taeyeon quickly grab her sister for some sort of advice, gives her the medicine she needed and some quite naughty thoughts... "Hyun... if you have the chance to grab his hand in our ride, go take it and don't let go." she whispers, earning a slap from her younger sister.

 

"Tae-tae... what the hell did you advice again?" Fany noticed it and barge.

 

"I was just advising the right thing for her to do. She exactly knows her heart, isn't it... hyun? hehe... " the midget added with a giggle.

 

"Unnie... I've told you right? I'm okay like this; we have no problems if we are friends." 

 

"Really? Coz I've seen you brightens when you saw the gifts that came from... that doe-eyed guy?" Taeyeon continues to tease.

 

"Yah! unnie, I didn't say it came from him." The younger blushes and immediately, runs after the other members.

 

Watching the younger running after the others, Taeyeon and Fany follow suit, not forgetting to show thumbs up towards each other. They spotted Jessica waiting for them outside too, and made a hi-5 to the both of them.

 

"What's next?" Jessica asked as they watch the limousine driving off from their sight.

 

Taeyeon and Fany smirk. They only have one in mind... "Give their suitors a name."

 

"I love that." The blonde giggles.

 

Flashback....

 

5:00am.

 

Text Message received.

From Fany: Tae-tae... can I ask what Hyun usually give to your parents? I mean, as a gift for them?

 

Taeyeon, who just got out from the bathroom opens her phone right after hearing it. She proceeds to her bed only to received another one...

 

from Jessica: Taeyeon-ah~ I'll call later regarding Yoong's gift for your sister. Stay act as you are. 

 

Reading the text, the midget giggles after hearing it. She slowly lied to her bed and made a respond...

 

To Jessica: Okay... I'm on it Jess. Just give Hyun a call then I'll act the rest.

 

To love: Maknae usually gives vitamins to someone she cared.

 

/sent.

 

--

 

After doing so, a grin plastered in her face, with the thought of... 'Hyun, Yoong... I'm sorry, but you guys should get together ASAP. Mom and Dad are coming; I don't want to see you my sister, cries because of father's strictness. It should be you Yoong in Yul's place. But since Yoong, you're not doing it better, I'll do the rest. hehe~

 

end of flashback....

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Beep~

 

Jessica, Fany and Taeyeon almost jump off ground as soon as they heard the beeping sound. Slowly making its way in front to them, was a black BMW 6, with the tan guy on it.

 

"Girls, come on." Yul immediately calls, earning the three girls a nod and quickly steps inside the car.

 

The car slowly drives off the hotel until they're now clearing the way from the hotel.

 

in the road....

 

[Limousine]

 

Awkward silence...

 

Two ex love birds is having a hard time to converse with each other.

This wasn't they expected, they thought their won't be any red carpet premier, but it seems they're wrong. Though they prepared some dress, it still uncomfortable for them to have each other in one place with their outfits. The doe-eyed guy is wearing a blue tuxedo whereas the younger is wearing a white goddess gown, all courtesy of Mister Hwang. Yes, even the younger, Mister Hwang manages to give the latter a gift. 

 

Silence~

 

Tic... toc... tic... Toc...

 

Only the sound of the doe-eyed guy's wrist watch is filling their ears. As if no one is really around inside the limousine.

 

Yoong, she’s your partner. Act normal. Aish! But how can I? my heart… it’s unbearable. It’s beating like it’s my first time to  see her dress. Damn it. Yoong you promise to take a break right? what’s happening to you? You’ve been longing to hold her hand once again. You’ve been longing to lean your head on her bare shoulders once again and you’ve been longing to act so sweet towards her. oh gosh, God… please let this ride to stop in our venue now. I can’t take this. I’m so red by now!!!

 

Sigh. Why I can’t even look at him? I promise to stay calm now. But what is this? why I can’t normal? Maybe since the scene at the elevator? Or… am I seeing him so really captivating. His eyes, it’s shining while his over all look is really that mesmerizing to me. god, please keep him away from me. I’m going to die soon!!!

 

Yoong and the younger who couldn’t really get uncomfortable with them side by side had a wide thoughts coming here and there. Why?

 

They’re almost sitting so close side by side, with their hands on their laps, fidgeting. Their nervousness from the competition has gone when they saw each other in one place, with silence~

 

Another minute pass…

 

The doe-eyed guy can’t longer take the silence and decided to open his tuxedo and pulled out something. He hand it to the younger and says… “Uh, let’s have a little rehearsal.” He looked away almost immediately.

 

The younger smiles. She took the paper and… “This isn’t our song? Who—“

 

“I composed that, way back… a month ago.” Yoong cut off.

 

A month? That means, it was when she and the doe-eyed was still a couple. “Yoong? Uh… “

 

“Give me that if you don’t want.” The doe-eyed quickly grabs back the paper.

 

Grabbing back the paper, the younger almost pouted as she glares to her partner. “It’ll be my pleasure though.” She mumbles. “So this is a duet song?”

 

The doe-eyed nods.

 

“I see… hmm… what’s the title?”

 

“To have and To Hold.” Yoong answers almost quickly.

 

The younger look at the doe-eyed with puzzle stares. She doesn’t know how to describe what she’s feeling, but it intrigues her on how the doe-eyed is giving it a title. She feels as if they’re back again?

 

“I  composed that song… thinking of my friends and family. Don’t get me wrong.” The doe-eyed guy reasoned, feeling the stare of the younger at him.

 

Yoong, we are not together, but why am I feeling this? I can still see your heart for me. That avoiding of stares. Did I really make you feel I’m not worth for you? I hope I can see the real of you, sometime soon. Because Yoong, I’m starting to get over your mistake. With your changes, I can feel a little regret for letting you walk away on that night. 

 

Staring out over the window, a deep sigh escape in the younger’s mouth. Her heart couldn’t still move on, no matter how hard she wanted to see their relationship as friend this time. She's just denying her acceptance of being just friends at the moment. She can still be affected with everything around her. Especially if the doe-eyed guy is around. Even for she is starting to accept it. The feeling was still there. It’s hard to get over for someone she once have. It would've been better if she and him aren't seeing each other, that way, she can move on easily. But how can she? She is destined to be partnered with this doe-eyed guy.

 

“Hyun? Hey… look at me.”

 

Hearing her voice being called, the younger quickly turned her head and was met by a smiling doe-eyed guy.

 

“I have some biscuits here, do you mind?” she was being asked. Smiling in response, she took the biscuit and had a bite.

 

The doe-eyed guy then grabs back the pap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter