Oblivious

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If Your dream is alive, then one day it will come true.

-Seohyun-

------------------------------------------

 

 

After hearing the two called him almost at the same time, Yunho could do is to stared at them in confusion. An old friend is with the doe-eyed guy. He never expected to see her in one place.

 

A smile formed into his lips as he was about to…

 

“Yunho Oppa? Why… why are you here?” The blonde beaten him on asking the latter; Jessica stood to greet him with a sweet smile.

 

“Oh wait… Noona? You guys know each other? Uh… “ But the doe-eyed guy had took him by surprised when the latter stood as well and asked.

 

“Oh! yeah… haven’t know this too. You know him too?” and then again, Jessica asked the doe-eyed guy. All he can do is to stared at them from left to right.

 

These two friends of him then slowly look at him. In response, he only awkwardly smile.

 

---

 

For Jessica, Yunho is an old friend back when the older guy had a month of work in Jung hotel. But another question made its way to her mind… “Oppa? I didn’t know you are studying now?”

 

Yoong snap another questioning stare to his friend. From what he knows so well, Yunho is not studying anymore. “Wait, Hyung?” he asked once again.

 

Sighing, Yunho crosses his two arms. “Uhmm… to make this clear… I’ll answer both of your questions.” He motioned them to sat in their table again as he started to explain why Jessica knows him and why Yoong knows him.

 

“Yoong… Jessica and I were old friends… once I work at Jung Hotel… basically in information desk… and Jessica was… I mean Miss Jung, she’s just really kind enough to know every staffs in the hotel that everybody knows her very well. Lucky for me, I was one of her closes friend there.” Yunho beams, which earned the blonde's little chuckle.

 

“Oh, I see… “ Yoong nods in understanding, glancing to the blonde who just chuckles silently and awkwardly.

 

“Uhmm, Miss Jung… I know Yoong because of my sister.” He informed.

 

“De?” Jessica surprisingly shrieks, upon hearing the word ‘sister’. Is this another small world to be hold?

 

“Uh… Noona… Hyung is… Hyunnie’s older brother actually” Yoong instead answered it.

 

“Omo serious? I thought it’s only Taeyeon?” she asked in disbelief. All she thought was Seohyun has only one sibling and that’s Taeyeon. “Wow! Oppa… this is really… a small world, So all this time?”

 

“Yeah, such a small world… But anyhow, I’m so glad to see you again, actually. I miss the old days… “Yunho shamelessly shared, chuckling a little and quite uneasy with the blonde around.

 

“Yeah, back then, I always scold you for not being so attentive sometimes.” Jessica shared enthusiastically.

 

“And you’re just how young are you that time? 20 I guess?”

 

“Oops… 19 Oppa… that’s after I came across with Yoong and Yul.”

 

“No wonder, you are ignoring my calls now.”

 

“Whoa! Wait… wait… oh right. I think I need to go now. I still need to go back, Old friends?” Yoong teases, noticing his self being left out with the sweet smiles and chats from the two reunited friends.

 

“No Yoong, I’ll come with you… I still need to fetch Seohyun too.” Yunho quickly followed when the doe-eyed had stood.

 

“Wait, I’ll come too.” Jessica also followed suit.

 

They three of them then walk together in their way to the Music Room, where Seohyun and the other members of choral are waiting for the doe-eyed guy's comeback.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[2 hours earlier…]

 

“Let’s have a break, first guys!!!” Professor Kwon announces after a non-stop of practice. It’s 5:30pm already and they’ve been singing the same song for almost half an hour.

 

The members responded with deep breaths after hearing their coach’s announce. They all collapse in their in a warm cemented floor and took their bottles of water immediately. The once so filled with music earlier was replace with heavy sighs and gulps from their own respective bottles of water.

 

Throats are dry and voices are somewhat getting weak, but they’re not yet done. They still need to do another 2 hours of practice.

 

It’s their last practice after all.

 

Next stop?

 

The competition in Rome.

 

-

 

Watching his co-member’s exhaust faces while having a good talk with his girlfriend, the doe-eyed guy slowly rose up to catch their attentions.

 

“Hey guys, since we are almost there now… uhmm… I’ll treat you guys coffee… who wants it? Just raise your hands.” Yoong announces. The choir members, alongside with Seohyun, Jinwoon and Yul raise their hands all together.

 

The doe-eyed guy raised his shoulders to see a lot of them raising their hands, he chuckles and went back to his girlfriend first.

 

“Hyunnie… I’ll get you coffee first. I’ll be back.” He informed.

 

“Do you need help?” Jinwoon and Yul asked in unison, but the doe-eyed guy disapproved as he shook his head.

 

“No it’s okay… I’ll take care of it. I’ll just ask somebody… you guys were exhaust now. No need…” Yoong said.

 

“But Yoong, it’ll be difficult. Let me hel—” 

 

“Hyunnie… I’ll take care, okay?” the young president winks to her and Yul didn’t miss it and secretly shook his head in disbelief. His best friend is totally engrossed on showing his affections towards the girl he once love too.

 

“Fine… come back quick, okay?” 

 

“Why? You’ll miss me?” Yoong teases, and lucky enough, Jinwoon who is just on the side wasn’t paying attention anymore as he excuse his self.

 

“Of course not!” Seohyun immediately slaps the latter’s arm for being so cheesy again.

 

Yoong chuckles heartedly and made another wink to his girlfriend. “I’ll be back.” He said, taking glance a little to his best friend who is actually looking at them. “Hyung? Something wrong?”

 

“Oh Hyunnie… I think your phone is ringing.” Jinwoon comes back to interrupt them, catching both of Yul and the doe-eyed guy’s attention.

 

Seohyun who is in between the doe-eyed guy and the tan guy raised a brow towards Jinwoon didn’t heard anything ringing.

 

Yul and Yoong do the same too. Later then they heard loudly the ringing phone already. Seohyun quickly stood and approach her bag to the bench not too far, behind her.

 

“I’ll go ahead now Hyung… “The young balladeer excuses his self, not forgetting to took a glance to her girlfriend as he make his way out.

 

---------

 

“Oh, that’ll be great… I have free time in that. Okay, I’ll see you… by tomorrow, then? Thank You.” Ending the call, the young singer of choral smiled in beam to herself. She places back her new phone to her bag and turned to sat back besides the tan guy.

 

“What took you so long?” curious eyes greeted her just as she sat back from the tan guy.

 

“Hmm? Uh… no-nothing Sunbae. Let’s start to rehearse again?” the younger girl quickly avoided Yul’s questioning stares.

 

She felt silent all of a sudden as she turns on, her mp3 again, giving the other earpiece for him. But the tan guy still can’t get off from her, making her uncomfortable. “Sunbae?”

 

Snapping back to reality, Yul blinks a lot of times before coming up with a respond… “Nothing, Just… something in my mind.” he shamelessly said as he took the earpiece.

 

Later then they started to listen to the song.

 

But the tan guy still can’t get over and stared in dazed to the younger girl. Did he hear it right? There was something in those words he accidentally eavesdrops that he couldn’t tell. The way the younger girl actually avoided his stares is intriguing.

 

Earlier too, when he left her for a moment on their way to the Music room, the latter is somehow bothered with something, if it wasn’t for his observant, the younger girl sure has some problem. He can clearly sense it.

 

He recalled the words he eavesdrop earlier again as he raised a brow. What’s with tomorrow?  He mentally asked in no one in particular.

 

“Sunbae!”

 

Once again, he was snap from reality when the latter nudges him.

 

“Uh? Hyunnie? Something wrong?”

 

“I think I should be the one who will asked that.” the younger girl retorted back the question.

 

“Uh… “ Yul panics. He needs to answer the question right away but what’s in his mind is something concerned for her. how can he ask?

 

“Sunbae?” another call and he was already out in his mind.

 

The sudden moving on for an apartment. The call she got earlier and those avoiding eyes were really bothering him. He still doesn't know why all of sudden the SEO are moving to a new home.

 

“Hyunnie? Are you having some problems? I mean… your family?” he asked eventually.

 

Caught off guard, the younger girl almost backs away with the sudden question. She pulled off the earpiece and look at the tan guy fully. “Nothing Sunbae… why?”

 

I knew it; she’ll deny or avoid it. In Yul’s mind and shook his head. He decided not to interfere first. “Alright, let’s resume now. Don’t mind me.” he said and grabs back the earpiece again.

 

The younger girl can’t help and feels uncomfortable with the stares from the tan guy.

 

They got silent and just listening to the song in their mp3, until someone had broke their silence towards each other.

 

-------------

 

Looking up almost at the same time, they are greeted by an unfamiliar face. “Excuse me?” Yul raised a brow.

 

“Uhmm, I was wondering if I can still audition?”

 

Seohyun look at the tan guy and raised her shoulders. “I’m sorry but… we are full now. Maybe by next month. We can have our auditions again.” Yul replied.

 

“Oh I see… I’ll come back later at the end of the month then.” the stranger then hesitantly left the room as another guest came right after.

 

“Hey Guys!!!”

 

Just then, another voice echoed the entire room. All members look up to see the doe-eyed guy with two guests.

 

“Oppa?” Seohyun quickly runs towards his brother and welcomed him with a big hug.

 

Yoong, Yul and Jessica smiles to witness the younger girl happily greeted his older brother. It’s not only them as some choir members were smiling to the scene.

 

Letting go, Seohyun flashes a smile to her brother. “Why are you here Oppa?” she asked in curiosity and was a bit surprised too.

 

“To fetch you for today.” Yunho sweetly informed. He glances to Yul and made a bows a little which made the latter to do the same.

 

“I thought you have work?”

 

“Since I have less worked now… I think I visit you more often now.”

 

Seohyun smiles in response and let him in, together with Jessica too. They chat for quite some time while having their coffees that the doe-eyed guy had treat them, until the practice resumes again.

 

-

 

Yunho was in the audience and enjoying the practice together with Jessica on his side too. They would constantly smiles towards each other every time the voices from each member were giving their goose bumps and would also applaud, in every end of the song.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

While the two reunited friends were having some fun listening to great vocals, Taeyeon and Tiffany were almost done as well to prepare all the things for the house warming party.

 

“Oh right… only one left… our cake.” Tiffany clasp her two hands as she eyes the foods in the table.

 

“Cake? For what?”

 

“Yah! there should be a cake, ya know?”

 

“It’s not yet my birthday… “ Taeyeon chuckles.

 

“Is cake only for birthdays? Cakes are for—“

 

Knock.knock.knock.

 

Suddenly a knock was heard. Thinking that it’s the pizza she ordered, the eye-smiled girl then proceeds to open the door.

 

“Good evening, is this Seo Residence?”

 

Tiffany nods enthusiastically and right then; she accepted the pizza and give the dilvery boy her signature. She went back and places the pizza in the table with another beam.

 

“I’ll call Jessica now to buy us cake.”

 

“ugh, just go ahead.”

 

Taeyeon walk pass and just resumed to organize their drinks to one place while Fany talks to Jessica…

 

[Sure, how many cakes?]

 

“Just one Jess… and don’t forget also to remind yul to come in the party okay?”

 

[He is always on the go for this.]

 

“That’s so great to know.. Okay, I’ll see you later then.”

 

Ending the call, Tiffany then checks her girlfriend again and helps the latter. But her phone rang again, that made her stops on doing so.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter