The Perfect Gift

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You're all over my mind for this entire day... How can I go home without seeing you, okay?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

“Whose Birthday?”

 

Two words, only one name answer. But then again, he utters those words in such a low voice that no one manage to hear him. He felt as if being left out when suddenly…

 

“Alright Seobaby… blow the candle.” Fany had already gives the cake in front of his girlfriend and all of them anticipates to see the birthday girl bow her candle.

 

“But unnie… it’s in the day after tomorrow.” the younger said as a matter of fact. Her hold in the doe-eyed guy’s hand loosens as she holds unto to the cake.

 

“No it’s okay… we are celebrating it in advance.” Yul said as he supports to hold the cake.

 

“Yes, since you two will be busy tomorrow and… might be… the next day too. Right Yoong?” Jessica nudges the doe-eyed girl on her side that just looks at her with blank stare.

 

“Anyway, Maknae blow the candle now.” Taeyeon requested.

 

Seohyun smile slightly and made an eye contact to the doe-eyed guy. She doesn’t know how to explain this situation for him, watching him so blank. She knows by then, those eyes have only one question: Why did she didn’t mention it to him?

 

She then turned to her unnies again and to her older brother with another smile before she closes her eyes and wishes.

 

/blown.

 

She blew an air to the candle, earning everybody’s claps but except for a certain doe-eyed guy on his side.

 

“Yay! Party! Party!!!” they all said in unison. Taeyeon grabs her sister and make her sat in the middle as the others took their respective seat in the small living room.

 

Yunho poured a glass of cola for everybody while Taeyeon each gives them their respective piece of cake whereas, Jessica took care of their other foods.

 

A lot of talks here and there were made while they keep on laughing. Seohyun was more than happy as she almost had the best day. Even for it’s an advance bday celebration, she was all thankful for them.

 

On the other hand, the doe-eyed guy can’t still utter any word and will only smile occasionally, maybe since he doesn’t have any words to utter with this surprised information, he’s still so shock and felt bad for never knowing this.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After having a good dinner with everybody, Yunho was the first one to excuse his self. He still needs to go to work at 11 as a call center agent.

 

“Wait, Oppa.”

 

Suddenly, Jessica blocks him on leaving the house much to his surprised. “Uh… why all of a sudden?” he asked, feeling the awkward atmosphere from the other’s stare. Yul was staring at them scoffing while Yoong just stared at Jessica with a teasing smile and his sister’s were almost choking with her cake, hearing the blonde’s offer.

 

“Princess… I thought—” Yul didn’t even finish his sentence when the blonde had already cut him off.

 

Jessica shot a sweet smile. “I’m actually going home too now. Dad called me already.”

 

Yoong and Yul both raised their eyebrows. “Okay… be sure to go home safely.” Yul just simply said and started to gather his things too.

 

“You’re leaving too Yul?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Your cake is not yet finish.” Fany said.

 

“Yeah sunbae.”

 

“Oh that’s great then, I’ll—“

 

“No… Yunho Hyung will drive you… right Hyung?” Yul quickly interrupted the blonde, knowing exactly her next words. “I’ll go ahead now Yoong, Seobaby, Fany… and Taeyeon-sshi.” He smiled and walk pass to the two. Yunho just shrug his shoulder.

 

Seeing the tan guy left, the youngest quickly followed suit, feeling a bit concern with the latter’s actions when the blonde has offered it.

 

“I’ll drive you then, I still have 2 hours before my work.” Yunho offered, earning the blonde’s smile.

 

“We’ll go ahead guys!” Jessica said, before they left the apartment too.

 

Yoong can only shook his head in disbelief.

 

“Yoong? Something wrong?” fany interrupted, noticing all this a while her half brother’s silence.

 

“No… (cough)… th-thing.” Yoong stutters so low.

 

“Aigoo… your voice is getting worst. Let me give you the medicine again.” fany then left to the kitchen, leaving only Yoong and Taeyeon in the living room.

 

As soon as fany left, the atmosphere suddenly drops. Yoong doesn’t know how to converse with this sister of his girlfriend whereas Taeyeon is hesitant to converse with the doe-eyed guy. She has something in her mind that wanted to ask or something but she got tongue tied all of a sudden.

 

“Alright, I’ll ask this eventually… “

 

“Hmm?” Yoong raised his head.

 

“Uhmm, Yoong… can-can… you tell me where this Hwang Mansion is?”

 

Sounds of utensils erupted almost immediately in the living room. Yoong just drops his utensil after hearing the older girl’s question.

 

Hwang Mansion?

 

He doesn’t even know.

 

“Uh... noona… (cough)… I don’t know… exactly.” Yoong stated. He has no contacts with his father now for even knowing the place where his sister is residing. And he’s not even planning to know. “I’m sorry… “

 

“Oh that’s okay… I was just asking.” Taeyeon looks down to her cake. “I’m planning to bring Fany back.” He surprisingly said.

 

“Waeyo? I thought… “

 

“Yeah, I love her… but I feel like… she has no future with me.” Taeyeon shared sadly. The thought of their debts were almost all over in her head now that she doesn’t want the eye-smile girl to get involve or even this doe-eyed guy. She needs a better job in order to pay all of it. Yes Yunho has a job, but it’s not enough to pay all of it in one month.

 

“Noona?” Yoong asked, noticing the older's silence.

“Oh… Uh—“

 

“Oh! here is it Yoong.” Fany suddenly interrupted their conversation, earning both of their attention.

 

“Thanks Noona.” Yoong grabs the medicine and a glass of water before having a drink.

 

Fany can only took a glance to her girlfriend and decided to go back to the kitchen. "I'll start washing the dishes." she excuses.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Wait Sunbae… “ the younger girl chases and successfully caught up the tan guy. They stop in front of the blonde’s car.

 

“Hyunnie… I’m okay… I’m just tired.”

 

“I haven’t said anything.” The younger girl quickly said, after hearing a defensive reason. “You were… jealous?” she teases.

 

Yul scoffs and places his things in the hood of the car of the blonde. “Come here… can I hug you first?”

 

“De?”

 

“You told me that I can hug you every time I want, right?”

 

The younger girl can only chuckle in disbelief as she willingly opens her two arms. The tan guy then grabs her for a hug. Being in the younger girl’s warm embrace can always sooth him and he always longing for it every time he’s dead tired. “Aigoo… I’m not, okay?” Yuri answered.

 

“I knew it.” The younger girl smiles.

 

“Tch, tell me, is your brother likes Jessica?”

 

“I don’t know. I just know that they’re old friends.”

 

“But it seems he is.”

 

“Then?”

 

“I don’t know what to do if that’s the case.”

 

“Sunbae, I’m telling you, if you let this pass again? I’m sure you will never get her back.”

 

“But I can’t take another heartache seobaby… I should’ve fight for you instead then.”

 

“Yah!” Yul chuckles upon receiving a slap in his chest.

 

“Fine fine… I’ll see what I can do. But if this won’t work… I’m not going to give up on you.” Yul said seriously in the latter’s ear.

 

“Sunbae!!!” Seohyun whined as she look at the latter’s face this time.

 

“I’m just kidding.” Slowly, Yul let go from the hug as he look behind to see whose coming. The younger girl followed the tan guy’s eyes and fined her brother having a fun conversation with Jessica. She looked up and…

 

“Sunbae?” she noticed the tan guy’s smile to them.

 

“Uh, Hyung? Jess?” the tan guy interrupted.

 

Yunho and Jessica stops from their tracks and was surprised to see Seohyun in the tan guy’s arms.

 

“Yul… oh… I thought you have gotten home already?” asked the blonde, an arching eyebrow was seen from her as she focuses the latter’s hand over the younger girl’s waist.

 

Noticing this stare, Seohyun quickly let go and fix her uniform.

 

“I am… but actually Hyunnie wants to said goodbyes to me before I left.” The tan guy flashes a smile, earning the younger girl’s eyebrows wasn't sure if he's acting ordinary, or he wants the blonde get jealous?

Yunho and Jessica just nods in understanding.

 

“Okay, I’ll go ahead… I’ll see you tomorrow then, Miss Jung?” Yul said before he turned to hug once again the younger girl. “Good Night!” he whispered before he let go and smiles for the latter. He turned to bow to the older man before he grabs the things in the blonde’s car hood. He then walk pass to Yunho and Jessica, to open his car behind them and step inside.

 

Yunho, Jessica and Seohyun watches as the tan guy’s car disappeared to their sight.

 

“What’s happening to him?” asked the blonde.

 

“Hmm? I think Hyunnie can answer it.” Yunho turned to face his younger sister who was about to leave them without notice but stopped when heard her name.

 

“Oppa? Oh… about Sunbae? Uh… nothing. I’ll-I’ll get inside now.” The younger girl shamelessly excused herself immediately.

 

Jessica chuckles heartedly and opens her car. Yunho then let her in and took the driver seat. “Uhmm… Jess… can I get your number?”

 

“Oh sure Oppa… I’m sorry that I never contacted you beforehand. We actually move already… and I got my own condo now.” Jessica informed, giving her phone for the latter.

 

Yunho types his number and right at instant, his phone rang. “Thanks… I have really fun tonight.”

 

“Me too Oppa.” Jessica flashes a smile not knowing how Yunho’s heart is starting to flutter by seeing her smile. The eldest Seo then started the engine and drive off.

 

On the way, Jessica couldn’t say anymore words and lied to have a nap first. It’s been so quite long day for her. Her exams, the meetings and even the birthday celebration was totally exhaust for her. But when this old friend came, it seems the tiring day has a sense. She’s happy to see him again.

 

“Why are you smiling?” asked Yunho all of a sudden when he notices the blonde’s smile with her closing eyes.

 

Jessica opens her eyes and her smiles got even better. “Just happy to be with you again… it was already a long time again Oppa… I miss the old days.”

 

“Do you still remember that day at the event?”

 

“Hmm… when you accidentally spilled on my dress? Of course I won’t!” Jessica shifted her position and sat now on her seat.

 

“But I got you new dress that time.”

 

“And I’m still using it.”

 

“I’m glad you still did.” Yunho beams. He can feel his self falling for the blonde once again. For two years time, he’s been secretly admiring this blonde and when he saw her again, he doesn’t know how to act with her around. Maybe since he hasn’t forget his feelings for her. As if, an old love was being renewed. 

 

“Oh by the way Oppa… I’ll call you back tomorrow? Coz I guess the hotel in need with another staff… do you want to accept it?”

 

“oh sure… when will you call? So that I can—“

 

“Set a break?”

 

Yunho laughs. The blonde still knows his habits. “You still know my doings?”

 

“Well, who wants to forget you?”

 

Jessica laughs as the older guy stared at her in dazed.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“We’ll go ahead now Noona… “ Yoong bows as a respond to the two Seo’s in front of him. He smiles to the younger girl before he followed his half sister to her car.

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun was left watching the car started to disappears. They were about to get inside when the younger girl’s phone rang, stopping the latter.

 

“You go ahead unnie, I’ll take this first.” Seohyun said, noticing an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter