Absence

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

lying is the most hurtful you've done.

----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Sigh.

 

Sigh.

 

Sigh.

 

And more sigh.

 

"That's the 20th sigh i've hard from you. Come on, you know you can share those."

 

With a gentle smile, The younger give a way to the tan guy to take a seat besides her.

 

“Something wrong?” asked Yul.

 

“Sunbae… If a person suddenly act so cold around you… or rather… so weird. What does that mean?” asked the younger girl with a glance to her friend.

 

Yul nods slowly in understanding. For a moment, he was silent.

 

With another sigh from the younger girl, Seohyun crosses her two arms and made a pout. “… for almost half a day now. I can only see empty desk besides me. “

 

“Hyunnie… if a person you are close with acts like that. Don’t you think there’s a valid reason? I know that person is the most understanding, kind, thoughtful and forgivable… that you can’t even think of any negative towards that person.” Yul said.

 

“Sunbae… I don’t know how to think of it. But I know one thing, I guess I have made a mistake which made that person cold towards me.” Seohyun replies with a hint of sadness. It never came to her mind, that one day, the person she grows to love will going to act like the coldest ice.

 

Reaching for the younger’s hand, Yul put it in between in his palms. “Hyunnie… what you miss about Yoong is how he actually take things accordingly. He’s a brilliant person. I know by this time, he’s not just avoiding you, but because… he is taking things slowly. You know what I mean? If there’s a problem, he’s the person that won’t fight, that won’t brag it or won’t yell it out. He’s the person that will think it thoroughly first before coming into an action.”

 

“If it’s because of something why he’s acting cold, then… let him first. I know for sure, he won’t going to resist you. There’s nothing in this world that he’s not forgivable on something.” Yul adds.

 

“what about his father?”

 

Yul chuckle of the question. The younger is indeed true. “That’s a different story. It came from his childhood, so no one can yet convince him. He had trauma, that’s why.”

 

“Trauma?”

 

“Oh… haven’t Yoong told you? I think Yoong hasn’t right? well… to tell you… before his father actually left them for another family. He saw his father kissing another woman for the third time in a mall. When his father saw him, he runs away until he exited the mall with his father chasing him... until he got caught. Then, Mr. Hwang ride him to their car and he fight to his father in the car until… they got into an accident.”

 

“OMO!” the younger girl gasp.

 

“Right, that’s why… He can never forgive his father. His right leg was casted for a month… and he can’t even be talk because of that. He got trauma for almost 5 months… then one day, his mother saw him afraid to ride a car… but it was still so glad that he can ride them now, though… he promises he won’t be driving for all of his life.”

 

“No wonder Yoong doesn’t know how to drive.” Seohyun mutters.

 

Yul nods. “That’s why… I beg you to please wait for him. Because of rushing things from the past. It lead him to a traumatic experience.”

 

The younger nods in response, having been aware with her boyfriend’s experience.

 

“Thanks Sunbae… Okay… I’ll wait for him until he’ll share them to Me.” she smiles warmly.

 

“Oh! guys!!! Here’s our cappuccino.” Exclaims the blonde girl, sitting in between the two ex-lovers. Yul and Seohyun could only chuckle with their friend’s antics.

 

“So why are you guys serious earlier?”

 

“Nothing Jess… just some random topic.” Replied the tan guy as he look at the younger with a smile.

 

“I see… random topic like Yoong?” the blonde immediately look at the younger with an arching eyebrow. She herself is noticing the absence of their friend.

 

“Uh, unnie… how-how do you know?” The younger asked.

 

“well, since I’ve been noticing you a lot lately—alone. Where’s Yoong by the way?” curiosity took over the blonde as she tries to see the younger’s expression.

 

“I—“

 

“Yoong seems to be busy Jess… he still need to report for daily student reports. The council’s next project and everything for this month is in his hands. Plus, the competition is this weekend, making him much busy today. He needs to finish it all within this day.” The tan guy said, lying for some reason towards the blonde.

 

Jessica can only nods in understanding as she look at the tan guy.

 

“Yeah, that’s right unnie… Yoong is… quite busy.” A bitting lip in her lower lip, the younger defeatedly sigh to lie about her problem with her boyfriend once again to the blonde. She knows too well how will the latter would reacts so she decided to go with flow.

 

“Alright, I think you two... up in the stage now.” Jessica immediately grabs the cup of capuccino from her friends' grasp as she realizes the other members of the choir are already up stage.

 

The two choir members then slowly complies. They put down their respective song lyrics and together, they went upstage with the other members. They greeted everyone by bowing here and there until they met Jinwoon which they welcomed them warmly, before they also greeted Nicole with a smile and a little chitchats.

 

“Guys… this will serves us our preparation piece before going to Rome. We guys  know that the event will be this weekend’s right? So we have to prepare our voices for the meantime before flying there. I was glad that most of the members were healthy because we badly need it in their weather there. It’ll be cold so… I am expecting for extra clothes and jackets. Then, the vitamins? Jinwoon? Have you handed it already to them?”

 

“Yes Professor Kwon… I have done it earlier.” Jinwoon replies.

 

“Good… now back to our extra rehearsal… wait… where’ Mister Im?” asked Professor Kwon. He look at his son with an arching eyebrows.

 

"Uh, Dad... I think we should start now. Yoong isn’t around… he’s busy with stuffs.” The tan guy immediately reasons of his best friend’s absence.

 

“Oh it seems… I heard he got a lot to do first before the flight tomorrow. Okay, I’ll consider his absence. So shall we start?”

 

All the members’ nods in unison while the younger girl and the tan guy could only look at each other. Their excuse earlier from the blonde seems to be true.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

8:00pm.

 

After the rehearsal, students started to leave the place respectively. All were having the same feeling; nervousness and excited for the trip.

But one particular member is having a mixed of emotions. During the group rehearsal, this young brunette couldn’t concentrate and end up messing up. Professor Kwon was kind enough though to let her pass until the end of the group rehearsal. When it was her turn to have duet that suppose to be with her boyfriend, she was even worst. The tan guy was her partner at that time and could only understand her situation along the way.

--

 

Walking in the hallway with her shoulder bag hanging in her left, her right hand was holding her phone and her eyes was fix to the device. Can’t even have the guts to look forward as she walks the hallway on her way out the University.

 

“I wonder what is he doing? It's been a whole day.” she asked in no one in particular, under her breath.

 

“Who are you looking through your phone?”

 

Looking up to face the source of the voice, she was met by Yul’s bright smiles.

 

“Sunbae? I thought you’re out with your father?” she asked the tan guy, out of her confusions.

 

“Well you bet? I am here because dad wants us to have dinner with him before the fly tomorrow.”

 

“Omo. Am I forgetting it? Tomorrow is the day right? But still… I couldn’t contact Yoong.” The younger realizes it sadly. Her mind was filled with worries towards the doe-eyed guy that she misses the day for tomorrow.

 

“Hyunnie… I’m sure Yoong won’t ditch us. he’ll not going to disappoint the University, I'm so confident that he will appear tomorrow at the airport. Have you heard? He could be sometimes so mystery… “ Yul grins, in attempt to lift the younger girl up. Ever since the rehearsal, he couldn’t stay calm by his seat to see her lifeless face.

 

“Sunbae… thank you. You were always there for me until the rehearsal ended.” Said the younger with a warm sincere smile.

 

“No problem, you know I always been here for you if you need me.” the tan guy added with a giggle. He took the latter’s bag and books as he lead her way out.

 

Unconciously, the younger sneak her arms under the tan guy’s arms and presses her cheeks to it’s shoulder, as if longing for someone to hold her.

 

“Do you do this with him?” asked the tan guy out of a sudden as they walk in a silent hallway.

 

The younger girl nods.

 

“I wish I could just see him tonight. So that I can sleep peacefully without worrying over him.” The young brunette said in a whisper. “It’s like a day without him is… empty.”

 

Yul chuckles heartedly, couldn’t believe to hear it for the first time.“You do love him, aren’t you?”

 

“Aigoo… do I need to spell it?” asked the younger girl obviously.

 

“GUYS!!! Wait up!!!”

 

Suddenly a super loud voice was heard behind, making the two ex lovers to stop and their backs.

 

“Jinwoon?” Yul arch his eyebrows. “Why are you breathless?” he asked, noticing the countless of heavy breaths from the eyes smiled guy.

 

Jinwoon took a lot of deep breaths first before he speak for a response. “Glad that I was able to catch up you guys… Uhmm… Hyunnie?”

 

“Jinwon-ssi? Why?” Seohyun arche her eyebrows.

 

“Uhmm… can-can… I walk with you?” asked Jinwoon with hopes.

 

Yul couldn’t help but to pat Jinwoon’s shoulder and bring his lips close to Jinwoon's ear to whisper… “Jinwoon-sii… can’t you see? I’m with her.”

 

Jinwoon stood froze after hearing the threat. He eventually steps back and look at the young brunette with pleading eyes.

 

“It’s okay Sunbae… it’s only out the University, right?” Seohyun snickered.

 

Jinwoon nods enthusiastically.

 

“Fine… but only here. we still need to go out.” Yul reminded.

 

“Wait… where are you guys going?” another voice, Jinwoon, Seohyun and Yul simultaneously tilted their heads to see the intruder.

 

“Jessica unnie.”

 

“Jess.”

 

“Jessica-ssi… “

 

They all said together upon seeing the blonde behind them.

 

“Yul, answer my question first.” Jessica determinedly said as she places her two hands in her waist, while glaring over her suitor.

 

“Eh? Oh, only for a dinner with Hyunnie… you want to come?”asked the tan guy right away.

 

Jessica arch a brow. She look at Jinwoon and Seohyun before shaking her head. “No. I can’t able to go… it’s between your family and the members of the choir, is it?”

 

“Oh no. I’m not invited Jessica-ssi… it’s only them.” Jinwoon immediately corrected which make the blonde’s eyes bulge in out of her surprised. She has never thought of Professor Kwon inviting a girl to a dinner. Let alone, an ex-lover.

 

“Yul? Is this true?” she asked in confirmation.

 

Instead of answering it, the tan guy took the younger girl’s hand and nods. “Dad only wanted to see her.” he said.

 

Jessica’s eyes travel down to met the two hands linking before she answers… “Okay… I understand. I’ll see you at the airport tomorrow then.” She said before she walk passes.

 

“Sunbae?” an arching eyebrows was seen from the younger girl after the blonde walk passes. She actually notices how her sunbae grabs her hand earlier, and now that the blonde walk passes, the latter intertwined it. Something is in Yul that she couldn't figure it out.

 

“Hyunnie… shall was just resume?” Yul suggested as he also look at Jinwoon on the side.

 

The younger girl could only nod in defeat, shrugging the thought of their hands whereas Jinwoon is keeping her smile towards the puffy girl in his side.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

In the road....

 

“Oh wait Sunbae… before I forgot, I should call unnie first.” After realizing the time, Seohyun rummage through her bag and open her phone right away. She dialed her sister’s number and a hyper voice of her sister makes her back away from the phone.

 

“Yah! unnie, why are you like that?” she asked out of her curiousity.

 

[I’m sorry dongseng. Your sister is only so happy today. Anyway, why did you call? By the way, I and Oppa is not going home again tonight. So you’ll stay alone for tonight, it’s okay right?]

 

“You guys are over working again?” scolded angrily by the youngest of the Seo Family.

 

[No it’s not over working. It’s over time my dongseng. You know we can always make money through this right?]

 

“Yeah, I know… but—“

 

[No buts… now tell me why you called?]

 

“Uh… fine… I called because I’ll be going home late too. I am with Sunbae… I’ll be having a dinner with him later, is that okay?” The maknae asked, in hope to hear an agreement.

 

[Oh! where’s Yoong if Yul was there?]

 

“Uh… he… he’s actually at sunbae's house now. Don’t worry, he'll be with me.” she lied again for how many times already today? Seohyun couldn’t count. First, it was from the blonde, then Nicole, Jinwoon, Professor Kwon, their other professors, their classmates down to her… sister.

 

[I see… take care always. Make sure that you are not alone on coming home, okay?]

 

Seohyun sighed and look at the tan guy before coming up with a response… “I’ll be su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter