The Call

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Every sunsets, begins another night... and every night, I only think about You

-----

 

 

A classic music, filling the entire restaurant with a candle lightens at the center. Two woman sat across with each other. 

 

Why is she here? 

 

She changes a little.

 

Did she just took Yoong away from us?

 

Hmm... she's thinner now.

 

This is weird. Why all of a sudden?

 

Her hair, it seems not being take care for a year.

 

It's been a year, I'm so confused.

 

Her lips were even that dry, and she seems really tired.

 

But... I hope she's here because she wanted to tell good news.

 

This girl, I can never like her. She changes my son.

 

--

 

After some quite of silence, one of them broke their silence.

 

"Hyun-ssi... "

 

The younger gulp in nervous. She was anticipating. She was hoping. And she was anxious as to what could be the next words from this older. 

 

"I know it's been a year."

 

She took a hold on her self-not breaking her stare to the older.

 

"And I know it's a sudden for you."

 

Yes, it is too sudden. So why tell the real intention of this meeting?

 

"I won't take this so long... " She tried to focus until she saw her grabbing something underneath--a white envelope, together with her... phone?

Her eyes stirred at the older. What could this be? She thought.

 

Before she could answer this question, she watches as the older pushes it towards her in their table. Her eyes were in the two things. 

 

"The envelope is worth enough for you to handle the emptiness for Yoong's absence, and the phone... I'll give you a minute. I want you to call him and... break up with him."

 

She got stunned, looking up in surprised to the older. Is this even possible? A mother giving a money to a girlfriend of his son. This only happens in dramas, and... in reality too? She couldn't utter any word and blinks for a few times, trying to understand the words from the older. Her hand fidgets under the table, while her eyes slowly went back to the two things.

 

I thought she's here for a good news? Why does she despise me? I thought at first she was all this good for me. But she seems not now. What have I done to make her do this? I am so confused.  

 

"Hyun... Just pick up the phone and you will have the-"

 

"Mrs. Im why?"

 

She bravely asked, looking up again. "Why are you doing this?" She asked once again, in such a husky voice. "I thought...."

 

"I'm not here to explain myself. I just want you to do what I wanted."

 

She clenches. 

 

Those eyes that fuming with anger was just undeniably enough for her to have an answer--that the doe-eyed guy's mother never like her. It doesn't suppose to be deal with, but it's her relationship with her boyfriend is talking about here. She shouldn't be feared of. Love, it's pain but, for her now, it's braveness.

 

"Mrs. Im. Is there anything you don't like from me? Then... can you give me an upportunity for me to show that I'm worth for your approval? I love your-"

 

"Enough words! pick up the phone!" She was taken aback, causing her to lowered her head in an instant. It's getting hard for her to cope up this situation.

 

The older also clenches, seeing how hard headed is the girl in front. She picked up the phone and instead do as she wanted the girl to do earlier. She dialed her son's number and it rings in an instant.

 

--

 

Cambridge, United Kingdom.

 

The doe-eyed guy was on the lake for the 2nd time. He don't have anything in mind to do at the moment, and just resting in peace while he awaits for the sun to finally sets. Less students around are quite a help as he wanted a peaceful thought, with her girlfriend in mind.

 

His two arms are in place at the back of his head as he lied on his back to the green grass. Wearing smiles all over never disappears as time passes by, while his head is thinking about his memories together with his girlfriend and friends.

 

"Hyun... I'll be back, just wait." He unconciously utter, with closing eyes.

 

The book on his right side was flipping from page to page when suddenly a strong wind brushes his hair. It didn't take any seconds as his eyes opens, and he gets up.

 

"Ugh!" He tries to fixed his hair.

 

"Oppa, we're here!" He heard a voice, gaining his attention as he look back quickly. 

 

"Krystal, Suzy." He watches as these two new found friends sat beside him, giving him two things; a bond paper and a pen.

 

An arching eyebrow literally was seen from  him. He never asked about it. "What's this?" He asked, curious.

 

Krystal who took her spot on his left answers instead. "We've heard that you are running as vice president for 'Student's Union'? So... Suzy seems to be eager to help you Oppa. Since you also help us earlier from those bast*ards."

 

Yoong chuckle, remembering how he actually punches three guys when the two came across with these two americans. He was there at the cafeteria trying to have a good dinner, when it happens. "It's nothing ya know. I got you here. But wait, How on earth did you know that I am?"

 

Suzy answers. "I and Boa Unnie had a talk earlier too Oppa. Hehe... "

 

"You asked her?"

 

Krystal answer instead. "No Oppa, she torture Miss Boa to tell a lot of things regarding you. Hahaha! But she only got one thing." earning a smack from Suzy.

 

Yoong giggles. "Fine, but what am I going to do with these two things?"

 

"Oh!" Krystal stood and sat beside Suzy this time. "We want you to tell us, why are you joining? For a campaign?"

 

"What? Campaign?"

 

"Yes!" The two said in unison.

 

"How-how... are we going to do this?"

 

"That's why, we want a reason right? We'll print some flyers and then... we can have campaigns. We just know that the promotions will be starting next week. We should plan for our strategy now!"

 

Yoong got silence. 

 

For all of a sudden, he was overwhemed. He didn't expect this to happen. Two young female students, that he barely know is already showing their supports for him. He should not take advantage. He can do on his own. "I'm sorry, but I guess I can't take this." He handed back the paper and the pen, but the two pushed it again.

 

"No Oppa, we insist. We came to realization that you only have one friend which is not here, to whom where he is. So just take our help. It's our gratitude for welcoming us here!" Suzy said, trying to see any valid reason for doing it.

 

The doe-eyed guy pushes it back. "I'm really sorry, I can't brag you two on this."

 

"No Oppa. We insist." Krystal this time got it and pushes it back towards the doe-eyed guy.

 

Yoong holds back the two things in defeat. Seeing how desperate are them, he can only allow it with a smile to them. "Okay, I'll accept it."

 

Suzy and Krystal brightens. They quickly grab a camera and ordered the doe-eyed guy to pose.

 

"Uh... I think it's not necessary." Yoong rejected, covering his face immediately.

 

Krystal and Suzy quickly grab her two hands and said... "Smile Oppa!"

 

Yoong flushes to the demand. He only use to have a picture to someone so special back home, not with strangers. 

 

"Yah! Oppa please look at here."

 

"I told you guys, I don't want this promotion thingy, I am not comfortable." Yoong cover his face once again with the use of the bond paper.

 

"Okay, since you don't like the idea, Let's have a picture then together." Krystal suggested, grabbing his left arm and wrap hers there.

 

Yoong was taken aback by the sudden contact to their arms. Though they both have some jackets on, he couldn't help and his mind reminded of something.

 

Come on

 

When he was being pulled over for a linking of arms, he couldn't stop his mind and was literally forgetting that he was with somebody else. "Hyun.. " He calls as if the girl by his side is the girl he's been missing. 

 

Yoongie Oppa?

 

He couldn't believe it. Was he staring at his girl? 

The beat of his heart doubled it's pace. Then, he smile so brightly. He miss this girl so much. "Hyun... are you-"

 

/Snap.

 

"Yoong Oppa!" For some quite seconds there, he was in heaven, but when a finger snap through his eyes, it changes suddenly and he was back at the normal place. The girl by his arm isn't his girl and just random stranger, not his girlfriend. What a sad life.

 

"Uh... I'm sorry." He quickly look away.

 

"Oppa, are you okay? You called me... "

 

"Quick! Let's just finish this now." Yoong quickly look at the direction of Suzy and smiles a little.

 

"Okay!"

 

CLICK.

 

--

 

Yoong was left speecheless. After the taking of pictures and writing his reasons, the two youngsters immediately left. A chuckle suddenly appeared in him once he realize how random it is. Couldn't find any reason to go back at his dorm, he went back in his lying position and breathed in and out, so slow and so smooth.

 

"Aigoo... they're quite the same. Those holds." For some unknown reason, he still couldn't shrug the thought of the younger linking his arm to his. "No! quit that Yoong. Your Hyunnie is the only one in this world... but Uh... aigoo... why I keep bragging this? Damn! I'm just missing you baby. I'm so sick here without you that I end up imagining you are here. Screw my mother and the people of this University!!!" He hissed as he take a look at his side: The sun is already starting to give an orange color, which also gives him a warm feeling.

 

"I wonder why Donghae is still not here? He is suppose to be here by now!" another hissed from him, he stood to gather his things. Just when his eyes laid to the bycicle that his mother gave him, he shook his head and just decided to place all his things in the back of it. 

 

He pause for a moment and faces the sun first. "Every sunsets, begins another night... and every night, I only think about You. Baby... Just some more time, we'll see each other again."

 

He said to himself, before he gradually took the bycicle and ride on it. Just when he passed the lounge at his University, he receives a surprising call, which leads him to stop and step out from his bycicle.

 

"Mom?"

 

--

 

Seoul South Korea

 

"Go grab it."

 

She was asked, yet, she doesn't want to answer it. 

 

"Joohyuna-ah... don't make my son wait. He's on the line."

 

She should be happy that she will be talking with her boyfriend, but as she thought of talking with him just to declare a break up, he was hesitant. Her eyes landed on the white thick envelope. She could feel it, if she's going to do it, she will lost her boyfriend. She doesn't want to do it. Not at this moment that she and him aren't yet talking for a long time. She will be only breaking his heart if so. 

 

Staring back to the phone, she can feel herself eager to answer it. Just hearing the doe-eyed guy's voice, for sure, she'll be in heaven. But as the thought of Mrs. Im's demand, her heart would crushed.

 

Answer the phone? or not? All she wanted to do is to hear her boyfriend's voice though.

 

"I'll take it." She takes the phone anywaye and a nervous smile appeared in her. A lot of gulps was in her, as she find her heart  beating so fast. Her heart says to speak but wouldn't.

 

[Mom? Do you want to say something about this little gift again? I don't like it. Can you take this?]

 

She bit her lip, hearing for the first time the doe-eyed guy's voice. Her heart suddenly feels so alive and wanted to explode. Those voice that nearly fainted her forms a single tear in her right eye. It is like an electric magic, that spreads all over her body and wanted to scream.

She misses this voice a lot.

 

[Mom? Yah!]

 

"Yoong... " Finally, she had this courage to call for him, in such a lower voice. Mrs. Im watches in full focus, in any minute, she'll make this girl sing for what she wanted her to do.

 

[Eh? Uh... who's this? I barely can hear you.]

 

"I'm-I'm sorry... Umm... It's... "

 

[Hyun?]

 

Suddenly a sound of a thing drops echoed her ears, which makes her a little bit flinching when she response. "Yeah... it's me. How are you doing?"

 

[You serious?]

 

--

 

Cambridge, United Kingdom.

 

The doe-eyed guy unconciously let go of his hold on his bike when finally, His heart felt like exploding after hearing the younger's voice. The heart of him couldn't believe and it feels like being ligthen up after hearing those little few words from her. The hold on his  phone is shaking whereas the right hand of him was on his pocket, shaking in addition to this unexpected voice.

 

"You serious?" He accidentally screamed in disbelief, that a passer got surprised and looks at him weirdly.

 

[Yes. It's me, Hyun... Yoong, It's been-it's been... a while..]

 

"Y-yeah... I couldn't... wait... " He scan around and quickly spotted an empty bench, just nearby bush. This quickly made him an action and sat there, where no one is around.

 

"Hey, Umm... I-I... don't know what to say. This is unexpected. Is mom there?"

 

[Yup Yoong... she is... here. That's why, it's her number appeared in your phone.]

 

"Uh yeah.. fail me. Anyway, umm... Uh.. I-I... I... Umm..." He can't even utter any word out of a sudden.

 

[Hey, hold up. Breath in... and out... ] Those smooth words is giving him a blissful feeling.

 

Yoong giggles after hearing those words, but he did it eventually, trying to calm his heart and nerves. "Thank You, I can speak now."

 

[That's good... because, I wanted to tell something, and... please... bare with me.]

 

"No wait please, I wanted to asked you first." Yoong could no longer help his happiness and just wanted to chat a lot with this girlfriend of him. 

 

[Okay, go ahead. But I only have a minute.]

 

Yoong nods and opens his mouth again to speak. "Can-can I get your number?"

 

[Eh?]

 

"Uh, just... really missing you so much. I wanted to call you every night and day. Can I? If it's okay of course."

 

[Yoong, you know I can't. Your mother is here.] It's like the thinnest voice Yoong have ever heard, as if the latter is really being careful with her words.

 

"Yeah... " He sighed, realizing it. He wonders, why on earth is her mother is actually giving this upportunity though. But somehow, he wishes this will be some good signs that her mother's mind changes.

 

[Yoong, anything you wanted to asked more?]

 

"I miss you so much. I love you so much. Can I be just a flying object to go back there? I'm so really eager to see you, to embrace you, to laugh with you, to feed you, just to make you happy... I miss all of it.." He said, from the bottom of his heart. 

 

There was a chuckle with a little of sniffles was heard, before he got an answer. [Yoong... I miss you too.... and I love you so much!]

 

He could no longer take it and tears started to overflows. Why can't they just be back with each other's arms now? He couldn't wait any longer. "Did you eat well? are you taking care of your health? How's everything there? How's father? your father? Hyung? Fany Noona? your siblings? How's everybody in school? and by the way... I think it's Yonghwa who beat me. I swear, It's really him."

 

There was another paused, which keeps him so waiting patiently just to hear her girlfriend's voice again. He waited for another few seconds before another voice was heard from the younger.

 

[Everybody was good here. I am taking care of my health, don't worry about it. I am even working now Yoong, as a barista every Mon to Fri. About our friends? They're all good. They missed you so much now, especially your best friends. And Yonghwa? Yes, we already know about it. But Yonghwa-ssi still can't be found after that day in Hawaii. ]

 

He sighed in relief after hearing those information. For a year, he's been missing his friends too, especially his two best friends, Yul and Jessica. "I see... Thanks for the information. I'm happy to hear your voice Hyun, for the first time after a year."

 

[Yeah, thanks to your mom.]

 

"By the way... " He paused.

 

[Hmm?]

 

"Happy first anniversary. Even for we are parted, I did celebrate our first year . Happy... Happy... Belated birthday too, baby?"

 

He hears a sobs this time, which confuses him, and it hurts him so much. He can finally feel it. Their emptiness in their hearts are just unbearable. It's too painful that he wishes to go back now, and heal their aching hearts for each other. 

 

[Baby... I'm sorry it has to be like this. ]

 

"Yah! why are you saying sorry? It should be me... I let mom do this to me. Did you know that I'm like a prisoner here? She was dectating me!" Yoong out burst all of a sudden, after hearing that her girlfriend is saying sorry.

 

[Your mother only wanted your good Future, baby.]

 

"Whatever is her reason. I don't like it. Why can't she see how am I not so happy being here? She's really killing me Hyun... I only wanted a simple life.. "

 

[I can feel it... and I understand. Baby... hold on there, Okay?] It's like a whisper.

 

"What do you mean?" He got confused when the voice turns serious and there was nothing any sniffles anymore. He assumes, the younger is holding herself.

 

[Yoong. I love you so much... and I'll do everything for you. You trust me right?]

 

"Of course... and I'm willing to do the same too. Just wait, and I'll be coming back."

 

[No need.]

 

"Eh? why?"

 

[Because Yoong... I'm... ]

 

Tot-tot-tot....

 

The doe-eyed guy almost groans in frustration when he heard the phone was being cut off. He immediately dialed her mother's phone but it won't be connected back. "The hell happened?" He shouted.

 

--

 

Seou South Korea

 

Two prying eyes, makes the younger stay her head low. Just earlier, the older grabs the phone and ended it right away in time when she wanted to spill something.

"I am disappointed. You take advantage!"

 

She got startled when the older shouted in front of her. She didn't even move any inch and just reply cooly. "Mrs. Im. I am sorry. I will not do it. I have enough from the past."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter