Distance

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

warning: fluffy.

 

 

Seoul South Korea

 

3 days later...

 

Tiffany got home with heavy loads of headaches. Shedropped her body in the mattress with a loud sigh. All she could think at the moment is her girlfriend. Her girlfriend's sentiment. Her girlfriend's disappointments. All of it makes her just want to bang her head. She doesn't know what to do anymore and just let her palms burried her face. She silently cries, as she wanted to release the heavy heart she is having.

 

For once, she blames her schedule—her education. Because for the first time, she felt missing something on her relationship with Taeyeon. She couldn't believe that due to her busy schedule, she has missed a lot of things from her girlfriend. It was unreal for her to think how far she was with her girlfriend now. What she heard earlier from her was just evidence how she had been away from her. It was almost like she hadn't been seeing her for months or a year even. It hurts for her to realize it. 

But before she could actually blame her being busy, she stopped from sobbing, thinking of her graduation in just 3 weeks later. A small smile formed in her lips as she could see herself in a graduation gown. For a moment, her problem with Taeyeon was set aside as she jumps off and walked over to her closet. There, she saw her black graduation gown. She and Jessica had picked it up earlier and even her best friend was all excited for the most meaningful day they'll for sure treasure with warmed hearts.

She picked it and went back to her mattress, sitting there with her two legs crossing. 

 

I should make up with her as soon as possible. Or this gown will be waste. She thought to herself, staring dazedly at the black gown. She caresses it with her. 

 

She was filled with happiness. Anxiety. And excited. It was all in one. Mixed Emotions, Indeed.

 

I hope Yoong could even visit too, though. He and Hyun should be in that day. With another sigh she set aside the gown and dropped her back to her mattress. Her eyes were fixed to the ceiling, 

 

How am I supposed to fix her?

 

----------------------------------------------

 

"You confront her?" Yunho asked for the 2nd time. Taeyeon was across him, accepting the glass of water from her brother.

 

"Yeah... I just couldn't take it anymore Oppa. I thought she should really know."

 

"And telling her the truth is the best you could do?"

 

Taeyeon nodded reluctantly.

 

"Tch, I understand. Then what was her reaction?"

 

"She was speechless. It was me who just talk and talk. Telling her how was it for me to be declined always from my plans to do us a dinner date. I even told her that Mrs. Im doesn't like our relationship for each other."

 

"Oh no. I think you just really hurt her."

 

"I did... but it was me who is hurting much... and she should know how I am being here."

 

"Like what they say, people who are born to be patient will never last. They had limitations too."

 

Taeyeon snap a smile to her brother. It was indeed true. Her patience is too little already, and she was so near to just break down and told Tiffany her plans. But unfortunately, Mrs. Im is really something and she couldn't deny the fact that she was too angry for the older.

 

"So you will just give up just like that?"

 

Taeyeon shook her head. "That word isn't in my vocabulary Oppa. But I need rest first. It was too much. I couldn't take it yet. I need full time focus here... while-"

 

"Hey Guys!!!" Taeyeon rolled her eyes hearing the call. She and Yunho looked up, watching Hyo and Nicole linking their arms as they sat down in another table.

 

"Two usual orders from us please Taeyeon-ah!" Hyo said cheekily, motioning the midget to do it quickly. Yunho who also saw her, simply give her a knock in the head before he and his sister went to the kitchen.

 

-----------------------

 

Yul, who was in his usual daily routine to check every patient, has becoming exhaust. It was his 5th turn this time, keeping her too diffucult to cope with her body. He had no breaks because of the hospital's lack of nurses. They only have 50 nurses, and about 20 doctors only were hired while hundreds of patients were being confined. How can he survive this last internship? He needed strength and perseverance for this work. Luckily and he isn't the type of a lazy person. So being exhaust to his work is just a thought and still his works was his priority.

 

All dress up with a white hospital uniform, along with smiles over his face, Yul finally had his last patient. The work being a nurse isn't as hard for him, as he only finishes checking the patient in just 15 minutes, then left to his way to dropped everything in a storage room. Then, finally find his self in a cafeteria, Yul had ordered a lot of food to feast.

 

After his lunch, he resumes his doings for more patients to be take care.

 

--------------------

 

while someone is freaking busy in the other side, a blonde was bored as hell, talking to Nicole with random staffs. 

 

"Then when she talks to me so sweet, I couldn't help but to cringe."

 

Yawn~

 

"What else?" Jessica asked nonchalantly, while her two hands palms are against her chin.

 

Nicole didn't bother, and continues... "If I call her, she would freak out... telling me that she's-"

 

Ring... Ring...

 

As if it saves her, Jessica quickly got up, bought her phone out and answers the call. But what she supposed to be a good call didn't come in return for her waiting, as it was only her father, telling her to be back at the hotel by the next hour.

 

"Araso~ Bye~" she sighed so sad, ending the call.

 

"You're leaving me already?" asked Nicole.

 

"Yeah... later on." Jessica simply said, taking her seat back.

 

"Oh... and you seemed... "

 

"That Yul, he's not calling me anymore." Nicole raises a brow, watching Jessica hisses.

 

"Are you missing him?"

 

"Soooo Much!!!"

 

"Then follow him there."

 

"Why should I? I assume he will only kick me out there if he'll see me."

 

"How sure are you unnie?"

 

"100% sure. Let's see if who's going to give in. I won't either call him."

 

"Oh, really? can you survive?"

 

"Yes! 5 days left and i know before it ends, he'll eventually call me. He can't resist me Nicole. I know that."

 

"Okay... "

 

"I tell you Nicole, he will. I can see it." Jessica determinedly said.

 

"Well, if you believe... then so be it. It's your relationship unnie." Nicole giggles a little, finding it amuse.

 

"Hmph!"

 

“Oh! Speaking of another lonely girl, Taeyeon unnie is coming.” Nicole said, as she stood and welcomes their guest. The same, Jessica had a smile to meet the midget in her lonely times.

 

“Jess, can I talk to you?”

 

Jessica didn’t responded anymore and grabs Taeyeon’s hand—dragging her out, leaving Nicole with a shaking of head.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Cambridge University

 

For the 3rd time of the day, Seohyun drops her books unconsciously when she felt her two hands starting to get limps. Bending down instinctively, she gathered her books in one place as she brought it up to her grasp once again. Unfortunately for her, it seems her arms are that weak a little and she drops them once again.

 

“What’s happening to me?” she tiredly said, picking it up once again.

 

“Hyun, I told you to have a break sometimes.” Came Yoong’s voice, bending down to pick the books for her. She stood and sighs in relief to see her boyfriend helping her out.

 

“I am actually doing it from time to time.” she hisses, complaining to Yoong’s worries.

 

“But only for a minute. Hyun, don’t work too hard please. You see how your eye bugs are becoming so big?” Yoong joked, earning a smacked from his girlfriend.

 

He shrugs it off and just simply tags her along to walk their way back to the dorm. Side by side, the two are in silence with Seohyun hugging her boyfriend’s right arm. The cold breeze from winter is seemingly becoming so unbearable for them, that she could be freezing from every night a snow falls. Yoong was almost the same as he instead gives his girlfriend an arm to her shoulder, pulling her closely to her body.

 

“Are you warm now?”

 

Seohyun nodded in satisfaction, sneaking also her left hand over Yoong’s waist. Yoong smiled in happiness as he let them walked in a slow manner to a white snow in their way.

 

“Christmas is coming near.” Seohyun suddenly utter.

 

“Yeah… and I can’t wait to celebrate it with you.” Yoong’s smile never disappeared, after hearing the words from his girlfriend.

 

“Me too. But at some point, it would’ve been better if we celebrate it with our friends and family right?” Seohyun suggested.

 

“I agree…. So what’s in your mind?”

 

“Umm… call them?”

 

“Hmm… that would be great. But you know we have to be careful.”

 

“I know. I can ask Donghae Oppa, what do you think?”

 

“That’s a great idea. Okay, let’s tag Donghae along too.”

 

They continued to walk along the way with a lot more plans in mind to be shared—mostly were about Seohyun’s big project and the Christmas seasons.

It’s getting so near that they can’t hide their excitement anymore because for the first time, they’ll celebrate it together.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

After 30 minutes of walking, the two happily arrived at Seohyun’s room. Yoong drops his girlfriend’s books in her desk with a fake exhaust face, earning Seohyun’s guiltiness as she quickly give her boyfriend a shoulder and arm massage.

 

“Is it good?” Seohyun giggles, as her two hands are keep on moving to massage the muscles of Yoong’s arm.

 

“Yeah… you really got nice massage baby, I love it.” Yoong who was enjoying while closing his eyes, couldn’t help and cringe at every press from the younger’s smooth fingers.

 

“Really?” Seohyun know better. She presses it too hard, earning Yoong’s scream.

 

“AHHHHH!!!!”

 

 “That’s for tricking me.” she chuckle, releasing her grip from Yoong’s forearm. She stood and walked to her desk before she could hear a response from her boyfriend.

 

“Hehe you know me too well, anyway… Is it really okay for you to go there alone?”

 

“Yup. Don’t worry, I’ll be back always before midnight.”

 

“Just call me if you lost the way, Okay?” Yoong asked, wanting to assure that his girlfriend wouldn’t be as the same as they first meet in Dongguk. After knowing the latter will spend for 2 weeks in someone’s place, he couldn’t be careless and wants to assure she’ll be okay.

 

Seohyun tilted her head towards her boyfriend. “Or you just really want to drop me there? Hmm?”

 

“Ugh! You know I wouldn’t mind to join you in this project, but… I have my own too. Screw professors!” hissing, Yoong hit the pillows under his hands.

 

“Awww… Yoong, we can just see each other by night—or even morning.” Seohyun said as a fact.

 

“I know, it’s just that… it’ll not be the same anymore.” Yoong pouted so sad. “I can’t see you more often now.”

 

Seohyun know better. She sat beside her boyfriend once again in the bed and fixed his hair, saying… “Baby, it’s only the time, not our love for each other. You hear me? Besides, it’s only 2 weeks” she said giving him a pinch in his cheeks.

 

“Cute.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You’re so cute when you are so sweet.” Yoong commented. He wrapped his two arms in her waist, pulling her closely.

 

“You’re cuter… that cute pout!!! I can’t take them and pinch your cheeks.” Seohyun pinches Yoong’s cheeks once again.

 

“Yaaah!! Stoop!”

 

“Hahaha!” seohyun quickly complied and stopped. She giggles and gives her boyfriend a last pinch before she let go from Yoong’s hug and walked to her desk once again. Yoong was left giggling. He his self also stood and was about to reach for his girlfriend’s hand when Yoonghyun suddenly barks under him. He jumps in surprised.

 

“Yoonghyun seems to be hungry now Yoong.” Seohyun noticed.

 

Composing his self back, Yoong bend down and was about to carry Yoonghyun when it rush outside. He quickly got up to follow him, as Seohyun also did the same.

 

“Yah! where are you going Yoonghyun?”

 

“Wait Yoong!”

 

“Come quick!”

 

They chase the little fox around the dorm for about half an hour, keeping them exhaust. But the exhaustions disappears as Yoonghyun rush outside the dorm, playing in the snow. Both Yoong and Seohyun giggle to see their little one playing with the snow under a tree. With a sweet smile to each other, they joined Yoonghyun in the snow, making some angel snows in the ground as well as snowman’s.  

H1 dorm’s front yard was filled with laughter, giggles and snow balls.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Amidst to the fun in front of the dorm, was Krystal having a smile to see the young couple happily hitting each other. She just got back from class when the sight of the two made her stopped and hide from a tree nearby. She couldn’t deny how it was hurt for her to see them happy, but at the same time, she was happy. It was indeed a good decision to finally be able to release what was inside her before she could fall deeply.

 

Sighing with a bright smile, she turned around to go back to the library, as she started to walked away from that scene. Mindless, her walk suddenly fastens as a cold breeze brushes her entire body.

 

She walked and walked without even caring she could…

 

Thud.

 

Krystal drops in the ground with her bum hitting the ground. Due to the impact, she winces in pain as she grunted and looked up to scream to the person her just bump into. “YAHHHHH!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!”

 

“Omo! Look who just bump into, eh? The girl from the ball? Krystal is it?”

 

Came a husky deep voice that made Krystal to stop from whining. Her eyes raise a brow towards a smiling guy.

 

“How did you know—“

 

“Take my hand.” the guy offered a hand.

 

Krystal snaps the hand instead, as she stood by her own. “I don’t need it.” she said nonchalantly.

 

The guy suddenly chuckles. “Hahaha! Help yourself then.”

 

“Yah! how do you know me?”

 

“Oh! how? Umm… It’s Sul.”

 

“Am I asking your name?”

 

“Oh right, fine. You’re one of the girls in the ball my eyes laid into, I asked for your name around. That’s when I know your name.” the guy named Sul cheekily said.

 

Krystal clenches. Instea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter