Yoong-Sick

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

-----

I will never let go anymore.

 

 

In the midst of the romantic atmosphere going around a particular place, one stood by the distant. Her eyes couldn't leave to two young couple, having their last romantic dance. It was unbelievable for her to stand at the corner-even for she could feel the urge of dreaming herself in that dance. 

Empty.

Yes, she could feel it there. The emptiness of her heart while watching them giving her this unusual feeling she hasn't felt for a long time. It isn’t the same empty feeling from her family; it isn't even an empty heart of losing a friend. It's an empty feeling she couldn't really describe nor name it.

What is really love?

She’s really too innocent, indeed.

 

-----

 

Seohyun who was in the midst of happiness while on a dance with her boyfriend didn't fail to see someone in the corner. As much as she wanted to be entirely happy at the moment, she couldn't happen to be. 

 

"So if ever I'll win, I can guarantee for us to have a free access outside and inside the school. It'll be a privilege for us also to enjoy the place as what I always like... Hmm... what do you-"

 

"Yoong!"

 

Yoong stopped midway after being called. "Hmm? what's wrong?" asked him, noticing the stare from his girlfriend.

 

"Krystal... I think you should talk to her."

 

Yoong look back, to see Krystal already leaving the place. "Are you sure?" He asked, knowing what it was meant for.

 

"Yes. Go follow her. I'll just wait here."

 

Yoong smile in proud. Even before he decided to go with the request, he knows this girlfriend of him would still care for someone's feelings. "Alright, you wait here okay? I'll be back later." He said with a peck of her forehead, before jogging away to chase for the younger.

 

"Hmm... It seems like you are sending him away from you." Startled, Seohyun look back to see an unfamiliar man behind.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"Oh! I'm sorry. Where's my manners? hehe... It's Sul. You will not be interested, but I'm actually been eyeing you for a while. And... If you may want to know, I was from Seoul University, we arrived at the same time." He informed.

 

"So... you were my neighbor room?" Seohyun frowns. She has been hearing about this student that arrived the same time with her that time. But she never had a chance to greet the next door.

 

"Yep. Nice to meet you." He grins

 

"Uh... o-okay. Seo Joohyun." Seohyun awkwardly shakes the hand.

 

"I already knew. Noona told me so."

 

"What? Your sister?" Seohyun frowns hearing the information from a younger boy.

 

"Uh yeah... I think you know my sister... Choi Sooyoung?"

 

"Omo! so you were... her brother?"

 

"Younger brother basically."

 

"I see... "

 

"So Umm... want to dance?"

 

"Huh?" and for the 2nd time, she frowned being offered by another dance.

 

"I see that the event isn't yet over, so... can us? Actually want to dance with you earlier." He shot a sheepish wink, which took Seohyun to avoid his eyes. This guy is obviously hitting her, and she doesn't like it.

 

"I-I was actually... wai-waiting for my boyfriend to comeback. I think... you can have a dance from the others." She quickly declined and was about to go after her boyfriend when she stopped to hear his voice.

 

"I would love to, but... they're not my type to dance with. Noona, you're the most beautiful in this ball... Will you dance with me, Noona? Please? Just a request."

 

She looked back just to voice out her answer. "Uh... I'm-I'm sorry." and quickly left the ball.

 

“I knew it. Just tried it though.” The guy named ‘Sul just shrugs it and went back quickly to his friends.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Seohyun heaved a deep sigh of relief after escaping the request from an unknown man. She stood at the entrance of the ball, wandering around the place. 

The ball has starting to get empty, as she could see some students and professors leaving the place, keeping her wanting to just go home too. Plus, it's becoming so cold. Yoong's coat was in her shoulder, worrying her quite a bit for her boyfriend's health too. She keeps her boyfriend's coat in her shoulders, to somehow warm her up while she waited for him to comeback. 

 

"Aigoo... what took her so long?" she keeps on mumbling, wondering if he was talking at Krystal at the moment. 

 

"Unnie!" to her smiling lips, she had finally seen Donghae, Boa and Suzy coming out from the ball.

 

"Where's Yoong Oppa?" Asked Suzy, same as Donghae and Boa.

 

“Waiting for his comeback. He chases for Krystal to have a talk with, and until now... he hasn't comeback."

 

"Oh I see. Want to hang out first while waiting?" Donghae offered, noticing the younger's constantly rubbing her two hands.

 

"No it's okay Oppa. I'll wait for him until he'll comeback. I think he's on his way back. It has been 30 minutes and I don't think it's already long enough."

 

"Just warm yourself first. Let's have a coffee, what do you think guys?"

 

Boa and Suzy nodded in agreement.

 

"Uh... really, Oppa! It's okay. I can take care."

 

Donghae give the younger with a pat of her shoulder. "Fine, I know you just don't want to Miss Yoong's arrival. Alright, just call us if Yoong will never be back." He joked, causing Boa to smack his shoulder.

 

"Why do you need to joke around like this?!" said Boa.

 

Donghae giggle at Boa's aggressiveness. "I'm just kidding ya know."

 

Seohyun smile at the concern. “Thanks Oppa, Unnies.”

 

“Oh! Don’t forget me also, Unnie!” Suzy raises her hand, realizing that the older just stared at both of her sunbanaems.

 

“Oh! Of course, you too.” Seohyun quickly give the younger a pat in her head.

 

With that, Donghae, Boa and Suzy had said their goodbyes, which leave Seohyun alone still waiting for her boyfriend to comeback.

 It’s becoming too late already, and yet she hasn’t spotted him. The guy she met earlier had also greeted her as he left the ball. Her classmates, schoolmates and even professors also spotted her in the side of an empty bench.

As time passes, her nose has becoming so red and she would constantly sneeze. The wind breeze that would hit her face was becoming so difficult for her to stay up late in this cold night. Her toes are curling due to the snow that would sometimes hit her. Fortunately, the snow didn’t last that long as it was finally been replaced by stars.

An hour passed, the soreness in her for sitting for quite a long time made her stood and walk back and fro, hugging her arms tightly as she could.

She took a glance at her watch for the last time, 9:59pm. “Ugh!!! Where is he?” she groans at frustration, for finally been noticing that Yoong has been missing for half an hour now. She took her phone out and dialed his number, but it only leads her for a none-stop ringing.

 

“Yoong!!!” she exclaimed, seriously getting so worried with his inconsiderate to the time and how many hours she was waiting already.

 

“He should suppose to be here.” she hisses as she sat back again, still eyeing the dark pathway which lead to the Med department. Hopeless, she decided to stood once again and was about to follow the way when finally after half an hour, her boyfriend was seen walking with a wet messy hair, white tee-shirt and still with his black pants.

She rush on his side and quickly a confusing mind was all over her mind.

 

“Yoong, what-what happened?” she gasp in surprise. Yoong sneezes instead of answering his girlfriend. He even coughed a little as he just stared half eye to his girlfriend.

 

“Ya! Don’t look at me like that! tell me!!!” Seohyun wails. Her anxiety over her boyfriend’s condition was on top, shaking his two hands.

 

Yoong chuckle heartedly before he comes up with an low answer. “I was… I was... soaked by the river’s water earlier.”

 

“You did? In this hour? where's Krystal?”

 

“She's back at the dorm. Krystal and I... actually… fell to the river... and I just knew that she isn’t a swimmer and… and… achoo~”

 

Seohyun widened her eyes in a possible scenario…

 

“Krystal… ya! Wake up!”

 

“Oh! no.”

 

Then, Yoong would probably be giving the younger a mouth to mouth cpr?

 

She shook her head for the thought. “Tell me… did you just… “

 

Yoong nodded at the questioning eyes from his girlfriend. “I… gave her a mouth to mouth cpr.” He informed, coughing afterwards.

 

“Oh… I see… No wonder you were so late.” She mutters.

 

“Then after that, I give her my suit for comfort. We talk about us. I was happy because she starting to be understanding with our situation right now. Though it wasn’t clear for me, I know she knows what I mean when I say… I only see her as a dongseng.”

 

She hold her back in proud.“So… she… she confessed?”

 

“Hmm… not really. Aigoo… I hate to hurt someone’s heart… but—achoo~” Yoong once again sneezes, causing his girlfriend to step back in avoidance to his nonstop sickness.

 

“Are you okay Yoong?”

 

“Yeah… I think?” Yoong answered, a bit weak for her usual voice.

 

Seohyun’s instinct made her to tiptoe and place her palms against her boyfriend’s forehead then to his neck. “Ugh!… Yoong, you’re hot.” She hisses. “Let’s get back to the dorm.”

 

Yoong cough so hard as a response. He blushes and flatters to the concern look from his girlfriend. He just stared at her, while letting her support her beside.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

11:30pm.

 

It’s been 2 hours now since I saw myself lying in the bed with a wet towel on my head. After that incident I had with Krystal, I don’t think my body will be okay. It was too heavy that I couldn’t even move an inch. I feel so cold and needs to be wrapped by this thick blanket from girlfriend. I wanted to sleep so badly but as I could see my girlfriend panicking with my flu, I couldn’t leave her and decided to stay awake while I wait for her to finish the porridge.

The medicines and a basin with warm water were in my night stand, quite messy. It would have been better if she had vaccine me already, but she was running out of it already. University is already close, so she decided to try out only with the medicines and just want to vaccine me by tomorrow.

After another 30 minutes passed, I finally saw her walking towards me, climbing in the bed and place a food tray in the side.

I smiled at her when he supports me to sit in my mattress and then follows the food tray with the porridge between my legs.

She grabs the spoon for me and even blows an air to the hot porridge before she had slowly feed me. Obediently, I opened my mouth to taste it.

 

“How was it?” she asked, smiling so sweetly. I give her a wink instead which causes her to giggle and take porridge to the spoon. She does the same process until I finished a one entire bowl and burp afterwards.

 

Unexpectedly, I thought the porridge that would give me strength only give me the urge to vomit as I quickly rushed to my bathroom and vomited all the porridge I ate earlier.

 

“Omo! Yoong. I shouldn’t just give you that porridge!!!” I could hear my girlfriend’s cries behind, really giving me regrets as to why I should be so sick like this.

I took a lot of deep breaths, catching for my breath when I walked back to her. There, I saw her in the mattress panicking to contact someone. Might be our professor.

 

“Hyun, it’s okay. This is normal for person in flu. My stomach is weird out of sudden not because of your porridge, it’s because my stomach doesn’t allow it.” I said and was about to climb again when I felt it for twice.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

1:25am.

 

Finally I settle down in the bed while still in wrap with this thick blanket. Still so wide awake since I still can see my girlfriend trying to contact a professor of us. She was hoping she can ask for any vaccine so that my flu will be gone instantly. Watching her desperate in this state really breaks my heart. She did blame herself for giving me the porridge that gives me tons of stomach aches.

After having a talk on the phone, she went back on me, checking my flu.

 

“Yoong, 37.8 degrees Celsius.” She said with a worried face. “I think you should sleep now.” She scolded and gives me a peck in my forehead. “I’ll be just here, don’t worry okay?” she whispered and jumps off.

 

“Wai-wait… where are… you going?” I quickly asked, watching her leave the room. I thought she will be in my side as I drift to my dreamland. It seems wrong.

 

“Just want to grab my textbooks in my room, be back in a minute.” She said and left.

 

I lied back and looked up into the ceiling as I waited for her. My eyes were really urging to close, until slowly and slowly, I close my eyes and drifted to sleep.

 

-- -----------------------------------------------

 

Going back to my boyfriend’s room, I was met by his snores. I smiled and decided to sit by his side, taking the towel off his head. His two hands were on the edge of his blanket, holding it tightly. It’s been a while since I saw him weak like this. And this sight of him made me look back to that moment in Hawaii. I don’t have the best time with him that time. I think one of the reason why am I so desperate to be with him always because That was the worst moment of my life—letting go of his hand that time, really breaks my heart. I would be denying if I say I am no longer having this fear. The fear of letting go of him was really I couldn’t get out. What if Mrs. Im will learn that I and Yoong are already backing to each other’s arms? I really couldn’t imagine again, being away from him. I will never allow that anymore. Yoong is the most precious guy in my life right now, except from my family of course. If my family was always been the number one in my life, Yoong is also number one. I will never let go of this hand anymore. Just having him by my side is priceless.

 

“Hmm… “

 

I smiled again hearing his continuous mumbles on his sleep. “Have a good sleep baby.” I said and planted another kiss in his forehead before I gently pulled the blanket up in his chin. I went back to the living room and decided to continue the project I left earlier in the morning.

 

“This will be a long night.” I said as open the laptop.

 

--

 

5:00am.

 

I was awake by a sudden alarm clock in my phone. Chuckling, I just realized that I slept with my two arms as the pillow over the coffee table. Yoonghyun was on the side sleeping too.

 

“Ugh… Hyun!”

 

Hearing the call, I quickly got up and run over to Yoong. I sighed in relief seeing him just mumbling. Damn. I should’ve sleep beside him. Screw my project. But it’s okay as I can monitor him still.

 

Glancing at the night stand, I took the thermometer and silently climb to the bed, sneaking it under his armpit. I placed my palms over his forehead—hot. He’s still that hot, but not too hot unlike last night.

 

35 degrees Celsius.

 

That made me relief to see him quite better now. I decided to go back to the living room and fix my things there before I went back and check on him again. He was still in his dream which made me think of making him breakfast.

 

“But wait, what if Yoong’s stomach still wouldn’t like my cook? Oh no!!! I couldn’t just waste his vegetables there.” I groan as I remember how hard it was to see him vomiting nonstop. “What am I going to do?”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Seoul South Korea

 

 

“Yeah I’m sorry. It was a rush and… “ Yul didn’t even finish his sentence, having been scolded so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter