Mr. and Ms. Genius

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. and Ms. Genius

Love? I call it an exam.

------------------------

 

 

 

After the welcome dinner for her half sister, Yoong flopped his self to his comfy bed and looked up the ceiling. His mind is filled with the younger girl’s last text message…

 

From Hyunnie: I’m sorry Yoong. I wasn’t feeling well. I’ll just see you this Monday.

 

He tried to call her for almost 10 times but only one answer he could get…

 

[There’s nothing wrong. I’m sorry with my cold treatment earlier. I’ll see you in Monday okay?]

 

Even his voice was cold. How can he still convince his self that nothing is wrong?

 

He turned into his left and fiddles to the bed sheets smoothly. He slowly closes his eyes but only the image of the younger girl will appear that can make him smile.

 

We are over.

 

He recalled his best friend’s words again to his mind, keeping him smile from ear to ear. “Hyun… I don’t understand you today, but I understand Hyung’s words.” he mumbles.

 

Shifting his position to have a comfortable back, he brings his phone to the ceiling and a smile crept into his face again when an adorable wallpaper of the younger girl greets him.

 

Seohyun is pouting in his wallpaper while concentrating to a song.

 

A stolen shot he got earlier in the choir practice

--.

 

“Darn. I can’t sleep if you keep on pouting like that.” He talks to his wallpaper, as if it will respond.

 

With a blink of an eye, He notices as the time strikes to 11:10pm. This made him get up and sat in his mattress. He started to countdown in his mind until it strikes 11:11pm.

 

In an instant, he quickly closes his eyes and wishes. A wish that has something to do with his current situation with the younger girl.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

On the other side of the city…

 

“Yah! Maknae!”

 

Seohyun almost immediately give her sister a glaring eyes after she had heard her unnie’s voice. She was busy clasping her two hands while closing her eyes when her unnie interrupted her.

 

“Unnie. How many times I told you to read the board in my door.” She angrily reminded her older sister. This is like tons of times her sister won't bother any signs in her door.

 

“Oh, that board called… ‘Don’t disturb because I’m wishing?’” Taeyeon mumbles, as if she can already sense the meaning of it.

 

“Unnie. It’s the first time… that’s why I don’t want to be disturbed.” The younger girl groans silently as she focuses back her attention to the book in her desk.

 

Taeyeon snickered. “First time? So… is it about Yoong then?”

 

The younger rolled her eyes and nonchalantly looks up to her nosy sister. “Unnie, it’s not about him, okay? It’s something else.” She said and right after, she focuses back her attention to her book and adjusted her eyeglasses.

 

“So if it’s—“

 

“Unnie… I am studying.” The younger girl mutters.

 

“Yoong is—“

 

“I am studying~”

 

“He’s the—“

 

“Which is bigger, your left eye or your right eye?”

 

“Yoong’s heart.” Taeyeon flash smile.

 

Frustrations took over the younger girl as she abruptly closes her book and glared to her older sister. “You like Yoong for me, right unnie?” she asked sarcastically.

 

Taeyeon nods enthusiastically.

 

“Then tell him to stop calling.” Seohyun said firmly.

 

The older girl perked her eyes to the bed. The thing is indeed ringing. “You sure?” she furrowed her eyebrows.

 

Seohyun only nods and with the use of head, she motions her sister to answer the call.

 

But a smirked was seen from her sister before she answers the phone. “Yoong-ssi~”

 

[Noona? Where’s Hyunnie?]

 

“Oh, Hyunnie... “

 

Seohyun quickly snaps back her phone when she noticed her older sister’s grinning face--that means 'something'. Taeyeon didn’t hesitate to snap it back again but the younger still insist and tried to snaps back her phone again. But Taeyeon didn't give up and grabs the phone again, and runs off the room this time and answers the call…

 

“Yoong, help Hyunnie… she’s going to—“

 

/snap.

 

“Yah! Unnie. I hate you.” Seohyun manage to snap back her phone and quickly run off to enter her room, not forgetting to locked it.

 

----------------------

 

“Tch… how can I focus if he always calls?” She mumbles, throwing her phone to her bed. “Aish! I HATE THIS!!! WHY I IT HAS TO BE YOU!!!”

 

“Shut up Maknae!!!”

 

“Shut up too unnie!!!” she yelled.

 

Their room is just beside with each other that they can yell with every time they want.

 

Withe a defeated sighed, she focuses back herself to the thick book and adjusted her eyeglasses again. “Hmm… how many pages left.” She mumbles until she noticed that it’s only three pages left.

 

“Nice… “she took a glance to the wall clock; 11:30pm. “I’ll have 30 minutes left then.” Focusing back to the book, she read and read, mumbles the words, taking notes, flipping pages and marking some words. She repeated it in cicrle until she got tired.

 

“Hmm… This is enough.” She announces and took a glance to the wall clock again. 12:00am.

 

“Ahh~” she yawns instantly as she spread her two arms widely. She stood and flops herself to her comfy bed right after.

 

Breath… in… out…. She can feel herself breathing steadily and calmly. Her eyes are close to its dreamland already until…

 

She widely opens it again. As if it’s a dream or something; she’s currently staring to those doe-eyes closely. “Yoong? Is that you?” she called softly. “I’m sorry... it’s not my intention. I am planning to avoid you because Nicole told me so…” she mumbles, more like a whisper. “Yoong… if I’m going to say ‘I love you’, will you still accept me?” she helplessly asked and reaches for the doe-eyed guy’s cheeks, until…

 

Thud.

 

Snores~

 

--

 

“What was that?” a voice was heard coming from her phone.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

[2 day later… ]

 

“Woooohoooo~ step aside!!!” a certain brunette is claiming the hallway of Dunggok University while running on her way to her first class. In 5 minutes, she will be late—giving her a reason to yell to every students. The students can only laugh or smile at her randomness.

 

With another stair she climb, she pants and supported herself though her bending knees. Another hallway greets her but this time, it’s the Nursing Department. Her department.

 

Walking slowly and calmly, she greeted every students she walk with a little bow here and there, not even caring her way, until…

 

/bam.

 

She bumps into someone she doesn’t know—or she thought.

 

“I’m sorry.” She held out her hand to the guy and instantly, she widened her eyes in surprised who she bumped into.

 

“Yoong-ssi… “ she utters. Their hands, still in place as their eyes meet; as if it’s their first time to meet again.

 

Yoong flashes a smile to slowly get up. “Aish! Why are you so careless.” He hissed, cleaning his white uniform.

 

“Who’s blocking the way either?” Seohyun flash a smile too. Her tears from the previous will no longer be shown as she wants to just shrug it off and, who knows what might happen in this week? Coz she’s planning not to avoid this doe-eyed guy anymore. “Bring it on!” she mutters.

 

Weird. Only one word pops-out in the doe-eye’s mind. “Hyunnie… “ he steps forward, causing Seohyun to steps backward.

 

Seohyun’s heart trembles. For all she cares, her heart still beats like this in front of Yoong. “Yoong?” she softly called. The latter is smirking and was leaning in slowly to her face

 

Students began to stop in their tracks and were anticipating for the next thing to happen.

 

“Yoong… you’re not doing it.” she added, in a whisper.

 

Suddenly just inches apart, Yoong stops and just flash a smile before he abruptly grabs the younger girl’s shoulder bag and her books. He composes his self and held out his hand to the younger girl. “Hold my hand.” he offered.

 

Seohyun can’t put any word to describe with the doe-eyed guy’s behavior. As if nothing happened last Saturday. “Are you—“ but before she could asked the latter, she was already being dragged gently.

 

Unfortunately…

 

“Oppa? Hyunnie?” Nicole made them stop.

 

For some reason, Seohyun’s mind isn’t functioning as she sneak suddenly her arms in Yoong’s right arm. “Hey Nicole.” She flashes a grin.

 

Nicole clenches, she glared at her best friend and was about to grab her when Yoong blocks her. “Nicole, this is a University. Don’t ever do something stupid.” He said firmly, clenching his fist tightly.

 

Nicole scoffs and glared to the both of them.

 

/CRIIIIING~

 

“We’re not done yet.” Nicole walk pass to them, leaving them a dead glare.

 

The younger girl quickly unlocks her arms from the doe-eyed guy’s arm and compose herself. “She’s getting worst.” She mumbles.

 

Yoong snickered after hearing those words from the younger girl. He unnoticed grabs the younger girl’s hand again and followed Nicole for their first class. Seohyun can o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter