So Close

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

pleas vote for TTS and Taeyeon > http://mama.interest.me/poll

 

 

--


A bmw car is cautiously making its way to the entrance of Jung Hotel, on it's late night. Two representatives from a said hotel slowly approach the black car, opening it for the two important people in the hotel--Jessica and Yul.

 

"Does Taecyeon already arrive?" asked Jessica, passing by the two representatives. Yul who is behind was simply following behind, carrying his girlfriend's shoulder bag.

 

"Not yet Miss Jung." said one of the representative.

 

"Ugh! I can't believe him." Yul remarked.

 

"Yul, let's just proceed." came Jessica's scold, as she grabs her boyfriend's arm, entering a Korean restaurant that they always love to eat.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

They suited their selves across with each other, while listening to a smooth jazz music around. The place wasn't that crowded as only few couples were inside, having their own dates. Some were old, but mostly are young. 

 

Every now and then, Jessica would gently caress Yul's right hand, allowing her to feel the warmth from her partner. She can feel how her happiness is all over, just being with this tan guy. However, when it comes to her current problem with this ongoing engagement she is with Taecyeon, she couldn't be just careless. 

 

The engagement ceremony will be tomorrow. It should be stop no matter what.

 

"Jess, something bothering you?" Yul asked, while watching the blonde in deep thought.

 

"Just thinking about Taecyeon's reaction." she answered truthfully.

 

"He has enough with the past right? You even give him time at the amusement park. He should be contented... and just follow our request later."

 

"I know cutie~ but... you know Taec too well. He won't give up until he'll be married with me."

 

"Alright, if he won't agree with our proposal... then, so be it. Don't attend the ceremony. Simple as that." Yul said, as a matter of fact.

 

"But Yul... you see who will suffer. The hotel, my family."

 

"Jess, are you telling me that you want to choose your hotel over me?"

 

"No! It’s not like that!"

 

"Then don't attend the ceremony!"

 

Jessica sighs in defeat. Watching Yul's desperate to cancel the ceremony is really that something. She should be doing what her heart wants to, however, the thought of her family would always distract. She wishes, she can choose both.

 

Ring... ring... Ring..

 

As if it's the best thing to avoid Yul's eyes on her, she immediately excuses herself to answer the call.

 

"Mom? Dad?"

 

[Honey! are you in the Hotel?]

 

"Uh... yes... why?"

 

[I need to talk to you regarding Taecyeon. He won't be there. What is this you and Yul huh? I thought he won't get in the way?]

 

"What? what is this? I don't know anything dad!"

 

[You wait there honey, we'll be there in a minute.]

 

Tot-tot-tot...

 

Jessica almost slapped her forehead. It looks like there is another problem. She went back to her seat with a weak smile towards the tan guy.

 

"Something wrong?" Yul asked, noticing the small smile from his girlfriend. Before the blonde could answer him, two waitress stop in their table, placing down their order.

 

Watching the food in the table, Jessica couldn't seem to answer her boyfriend's question anymore and just started eating. Yul was left puzzle, witnessing the blonde eating vigurously.

 

"Jess... hold on. We have a lot... "

 

"Can you order more?"

 

"Eh?"

 

"Just dew... itch!"

 

Yul snickered, watching in amuse. He complies and asks for another order. 

 

"I can't believe you." He chuckle. "Here... you can eat mine too."

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

University of Cambridge

 

"Here we go ladies!!!"

 

Yoong, wearing an apron with a big plate in his hand, announces, as he places down the food in the coffee table. Krystal, Suzy and Boa are sitting in their , having their hunger inside their stomach. Jaw drops as the mouth watering of pasta was already in their front.

 

"I don't know if this is good or not... but hopefully you guys will like this." Yoong shamelessly said scratching the back of his neck.

 

"No it's okay Oppa. I think this will be good." Both Krystal and Suzy said in unison, complimenting the doe-eyed guy's effort. Boa who is in the side, could only watch in awe to the both youngsters. She simply showed thumbs up Yoong along with a smile.

 

"Really? But I guess, you need to taste it first before you compliment me. I just follow what is in the guide book." Yoong suggested.

 

Three girls nod in agreement, as they bring their plate one by one to have a taste of Yoong's Cheese Casserole. One by one, they slowly have a fork to the tasty food. Each one has aniticipations for this first food feast in Yoong's room.

 

"How was it?" Yoong gulp, asking the three ladies' feebacks. He couldn't see anything good as these three ladies were serious on tasting every ingredient. It's as if, it's a contest.

 

"Hey... say something." He anticipates.

 

Krystal who was the first one to finish hers, immediately showed an Okay sign. "It's delicious Oppa!"

 

Suzy and Boa followed with thumbs up as well. "Do you have left there? It's so delicious Yoong." Boa complimented, enjoying her own food. Suzy who can't say anything anymore just smile.

 

"Aigoo... I thought it's not. Anyway, I'll be back later guys, I still need to answer this." Yoong quickly excuses himself, much to Krystal's disappointments.

 

"I thought he's going to join us?" Suzy suddenly blurted, causing Krystal to realize that it's not her too who is disappointed.

 

Boa, who doesn't care simply arch her eyebrows. 

 

"No day I can't see him talking to his girlfriend via phone." Krystal added.

 

They both sigh, after noticing it so many times. Boa simply shook her head out of her amuse to the younsters before her. If she's not that old enough, she wouldn't assume that these two younsters ain't like Yoong. It's been like 2 months since they've known each other, no doubt about it. Suzy was even too obvious.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

"Yoong, I'll be back in Seoul tomorrow, do you want to... give something for your girlfriend?"

 

It was the day before Donghae Hyung will be off for Seoul. He asked me about giving something to my girlfriend. I don't know exactly what will I actually give because I am being stuck in Cambridge, so instead, I ask him for any idea.

 

"Hmm... since you are stuck here. And you... can't let her know your situation here. Why don't you give her... some kind of... romantic things?"

 

"Romantic?"

 

"I bet you are not, right?"

 

"I-I... don't know how to be romantic actually."

 

"Aigoo... no wonder your girlfriend let you slip away from her. Don't you know that girls like romantic guys?"

 

"Are they? I actually give her... necklace and... Flowers, is that even romantic?"

 

"Only that? No songs dedication or something?"

 

"Of course, I would always sing for her."

 

"But is it in a romantic place?"

 

"Hmm... I haven't done that. But Oh! During her birthday, I did some lighting at school. I think that's the best one."

 

"Okay, I consider that... but no more? I mean, do you always give her extra romantic places, such us candle dinners? Hmm... lake? beach? anything? tower?"

 

"I have planned on tower, but it was being cancelled because of heavy rains."

 

"I see...  why not continue it?"

 

"Eh?"

 

I was left puzzle. Donghae told me about everything he can do while he is in Seoul. He told me about this handsome kid, and I have thought that it was the best idea, giving you a lot of love quotes, flowers, and even some singing chorale. He did it for me. Everything he did there was few of my ideas as well, including the flowers and the love quotes.

I was happy because, at this tiny secret, I can make you feel my love even for I am away. Though it's indirect, I am glad that I can show my love through this.

Later then he told me about the rest of his plans until the end of the month. I think the last thing he did was for Taeyeon Noona.

 

------------

 

Nicole, Yunho and especially the youngest Seo couldn't say any word, being informed honestly by none other than...

 

[Hyun? I'm sorry I keep this. But hopefully you are... ]

 

"I hate you! Don't you know that I've been throwing all the flowers you gave me? Even those teddy bears... and those... love quotes. I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" Seohyun almost screamed, sobbing. For hell she cares, she regretted why she never keep all the gifts from handsome kid. No wonder, at first she was hesitant. 

 

[You did?]

 

Yoong's voice echoed the entire living room, leaving Nicole and Yunho in amazement to the doe-eyed guy's surprised reaction. Unlike Hyun, they're quite amused to this information. Hyun being the pressure one because she was being court by this Handsome Kid, while Yoong being the evil of this situation. It's like, Yoong is giving his girlfriend a full loaded of headaches every time she'll receive gifts from this handsome kid.

 

"Yoong... how can I know that it's you? All of them are... not so you.  I thought it's from someone else."

 

[The hint letters were supposed to be... 'Please wait for me' Yoong.. But since Donghae Hyung came back prior to his plan. He wasn't being able to complete it. Only the small things were continued. I'm sorry Baby... but it's okay, because I know now that you really did not fell to someone you don't know. hehe...]

 

"Aish! But even so. I should know that it's you." Seohyun continued to sob, wiping her tears off.

 

"Hyun, stop crying. It's okay. It was a relief that it was Yoong Oppa, not some other strangers out there." Nicole comforted, bringing her best friend into her embrace.

 

Yunho chuckle at his sister's sight. "Hyun, I tell you, for sure Yoong is now regretting. Hahaha!" He joke.

 

[Yah! Hyung!]

 

"Ahahaha!!!!"

 

"Yoooooongggg~"

 

[My Baaaaaabyyyyy?]

 

".... "

 

Nicole and Yunho giggle at  Seohyun's silence after hearing the doe-eyed guy's cute aegyo. 

 

"hahahaha!!!!"

 

The house was filled with laughter, slapping and teasing, amidst to someone outside...

 

--------------------------------------------

 

Amidst to the happiness inside the house, one Shorty girl is standing in the door of Seo residence, too weak and... sad.

 

"Lucky Hyunnie." Taeyeon mumbles.

 

Flashback....

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

I arrived too early than I expected. Mister Hwang called he'll be quite late for he still need to drop Mrs. Im into her house. Mindless, I am so happy that Mrs. Im isn't going to be with Mr. Hwang. Probably because it's not that a big deal. I'll be talking about Tiffany to be hold, so there's no need for her to be present here. 

 

Gladly, Mister Hwang conisder us to meet here in the park that Yul told me. I was so thankful that he even suggest this place. It was nearby by the Han River that I could totally see a romantic place for lovers. But for tonight, it won't be for lovers, but instead for in laws? hehe~ I hope so.

 

The place was already set-up. There was a projector just behind our table, a mini caters food on my left and a nice table, decorated with white cloth was being place as well. The stars above are adding to my prayers that Mister Hwang will agree on to my proposal.

 

Grabbing the tiny box in my pocket, I place it in my palms and open it using my left hand. "Mister Hwang... will you... Marry me? Hahaha kidding... will you... let me marry your daughter? That would be good." I chuckle to my own antics, as I scan around the place.

There were few lovers in the corner of my place while I can see some families having their night picnic as well.

 

"That makes me miss my family." I mutter, having the urge truly missing them. However, I know it's too impossible. Both of them are still contracted to a company in Venice, and I doubt they can comeback that easily if I wish to. 

 

Anyway, where's my guest now? It's freaking late already!

 

"Miss Seo? I'm sorry for my late arrival." Just then, I heard Mister Hwang's voice behind. I stood in an instant and bows to him as soon as he sat across me.

 

As if it was a cue too, the projector behind me opens, revealing Fany's pictures, with his father and... of course me.

 

"What is this for?" Mister Hwang asked which I never hesitate and answer it.

 

"Umm... Let's have our food first Uncle." I said, calling a waiter on the side. It didn't take any seconds as the hired waiter gives our food. Mister Hwang was left speechless as we started eating.

 

How can I broke this silence? Mister Hwang seems not the type of person who won't mind if I say something while eating? Ugh! Never mind, just do it Taeyeon.

 

"Umm... Mister Hwang... " I started, clearing my throat, after I have drank a tap water.

 

"Hmm?" and just what I expected, he wasn't even paying attention and just eat and eat in front.

 

"I-I... want to say something." I bit my lip, feeling this nervousness in my heart, my hand and my legs. It's like a mix of emotions. I am not even in love to him right? why can't I get rid of this nervousness? hehe~

 

"Go ahead Taeyeon." He simply said, still so inconsiderate to look up.

 

"I-I... Okay... Umm.. do you know that, the first time I met Fany? It was like... the first time for me to see another meaning of my life." I started, and he still can't be move, just listening to me.

 

I wa startled when a song suddenly was heard around. I look around, just to see a singer singing a song called... I don't know even. Aish! Anyway, going back to Mister Hwang, he is still so serious in his food, for how long I don't know.

 

I compose myself once again, to continue my proposal.

 

"Mister Hwang, you should know that... once I laid my eyes on Fany, I know... by that time... I am already mesmerized, the way she would sparkle her eyes on me, it was undeniably a great feeling. It was as if I am being taking over by this smiling angel... until then, I realized how I've been captured. I've been truly fell of her charms. And... just recently, I realize that I can see... Fany as my future... But as I know, you are his guardian; I think I should be careful. Because, the years you've spend with her was far from what we have. You've been such a good father for her, and I want to propsed, that I'll be better for her, more than what you wanted for me. I want to say... that I can take care of your daughter, so well."

 

Mister Hwang stop, to my nervousness. He look up so serious and look behind me. I think he wants to see his daughter's photos, before me.

 

"Uncle.. "

 

"Just get to the point." He said, taking a sip of his juice.

 

"Umm... Can-Can... I-I... ask for your daughter's hand?"

 

Out of my surprise, Mister Hwang splashes his juice on my face, causing me to tightly close my eyes.

 

"Omo! I'm sorry." I felt his napkin wiping my face, as I open my eyes, smiling at him awkwardly.

 

"It's okay... Uncle." I tried to be cool, taking the napkin from his grip.

 

"I am sorry... I was just surprised... but actually I was anticipating for you to say it." He chuckle out of sudden. So he intended to ask me just to splash a juice in my face? How bad father.

 

"Hahaha! I'm so sorry. Really! Am I that bad?" My hand clenches so tight, hearing his reasons and his apologize. 

 

Hold on Taeyeon, he just want you to feel threat on this. Your nerves.

 

"... anyway, to tell you seriously... “The heck with him? He's serious once again, as he look at behind me.

 

"I did not expect for you to tell me this... when I arrived here... But... ever since you spoke. I was already guessing it." He was staring at me so intent, as if he wanted me to pay attention with what he is going to say. My hands started to tremble once again, as I places down the napkin I got from him.

 

"Uncle, I know it surprised you." I said, slowly and carefully.

 

"Taeyeon, you're such a good girlfriend for her. But, I am sorry... I am not yet ready. Fany will still be the--"

 

"Uncle, I'm not saying that this is going to be Fany's hindrance for her success. I can wait for the day in our marraige, I just wanted to assure first, that you will be giving me your blessings. You know you are the most importan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter