A Surprise Event

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I wouldn't mind, just as long you can assure to me...

--------------------------------

 

 

"Look at this, your face, you look... "

 

The doe-eyed guy stops. When without noticed, the younger is leaning her head to his shoulder. Later then, he was already hearing her smooth breathing. It flutters him in an instant. He drops his paper and feel the smooth breathing that was coming from the latter.

Staring out over the window, a smile crept into his lips. The angel by his side is undeniably giving him a flattering stomach; an undying feeling that he doesn’t know how to stop. “You’re still as beautiful… “ he says as he slowly places gentle kiss to the younger’s forehead. “I want to go back, but I guess it’s not yet the right time. Maybe, you can wait first?” he whispered.

Unconsciously, he smiled and he moves to get her closer to his shoulder. His smile never leaves until he himself couldn't fight the urge to yawn.... and slowly... leaning in to the younger's head. Eyes are slowly closing until...

 

zzzzz......

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++

 

At the stadium…

 

" mics... "

 

" check."

 

"Band"

 

"Check"

 

"Instruments"

 

"Check"

 

"Alright, we are all done. We only need our artist. Are they coming so near now?"

 

A total of 15 members of choral nodded their heads, upon confirming that their representative is just few minutes away from them. All of them are wearing the same nervousness and at the same time, beaming for their representative. Even for cancellation for the choir group, they're all anxious for the result. This will be their last fight if they'll not move to the finals.

 

Who will it be?

 

"Professor Kwon, your son's gang just arrived." a student suddenly interrupted the meeting, earning their attentions.

Turning their heads behind, they watch as Yul and the rest are approaching them.

 

"Dad, Taeyeon, Jessica, and Fany will do the surprise part. Will you allow them?" asked the tan guy as they stops in front of their professor.

 

"What will be the surprise?" 

 

Taeyeon, Jessica and Fany stared at each other before answering... "It's a secret Professor Kwon, you'll see It." they all said at the same time. Right then, they excuse their selves and left the room.

 

Yul was left with Jinwoon and Nicole's company while they wait for the main couple who will take off the stage.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

[Monitor and sound system area]

 

Steps by step, three girls sneak into a certain room that specializes on the event's big screen in the stage and the sound system for every instrument that will be played.

 

These are Taeyeon, Fany and the boss of this secret mission is Jessica, who is holding her ipad and net book all along.

 

"Jess... is it really okay?" Taeyeon asked worriedly. What they are about to do later will surely be a surprised both for the audience in the stadium and the people watching it on TV.

 

"Don't worry, I've already confirmed this. It's okay. Hence, this could make our audience move after the performance." Jessica answered, while busy with her net book. Taeyeon who is in the side was only watching, not really knowing the doings of the blonde. She could only arch a brow while she wait for the entire process of transferring files, is being done.

 

Fany settle down into an empty bench behind the blonde while waiting. "How long can we wait?" she asked. "I'm hungry Tae-tae!"

 

"Fany, it's almost seconds left, don't worry we'll eat a lot later." Jessica answered, which earned Taeyeon's giggle.

 

"10 seconds left." Taeyeon exclaimed.

 

"Come on. I am hungry!!!"

 

5

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

"Done." Jessica quickly pulled out her usb from the computer system and grabs her gadgets.

 

"Quick, I think the red carpet is starting!" Fany quickly helps the blonde along with Taeyeon to place it in her shoulder bag and successfully left the room without any mess.

 

[Red Carpet]

 

Walking hand in hand, Taeyeon and Fany stops right in front of the red carpet. With their respective cameras, they waited at the fans area to capture every moment of the two precious people in their lives, Yoong and Hyunnie.

 

Clicks... flash... and more flashes. The three are blinded by every flashes of camera in front. Fans were all mesmerize by every celebrity coming in and out. Not long after, contestants started to arrives, creating a massive cheers from every fans around.

 

"When will they arrive?" Fany hissed noticing that their bet isn’t yet arriving.

 

"Just wait patiently." Taeyeon nudges.

 

"More contestants are coming." said a fan behind. This didn't miss the couple as they look back almost instantly.

 

"Who are coming?" they asked in unison.

 

"I guess from France, and then... from Italy... then... USA... then... " suddenly the fan paused, as if seeing someone so handsome?

 

"What?"

 

"OMG!!! He's here!!!"

 

Much to Taeyeon and Fany's surprised, fans almost pushes them to the side. Screaming of fangirls are filling the entire red carpet which cause the both of them to slowly turned. And find their selves looking to a handsome white man.

 

"Charles." They both said.

 

"He's that popular too, isn't he?" Jessica suddenly joined.

 

Turning again their body to the source of the voice, the blonde stands in front of them with a plastic bag. "Food?" Jessica offered.

 

It was fany who immediately grabs it and rummage inside. Taeyeon sigh at her girlfriend, before she focuses back her attention to the red carpet before them. Jessica followed suit, standing by her side while the eye-smile girl is behind.

 

"We have a big competitor."

 

"You can say that. He has powerful vocals, along with his partner." Taeyeon added, as they watch the Italian guy waving to every camera.

 

"I bet, we are going to lost this." Jessica said in a mutter.

 

"I don't want to think about that. Let's bother for the surprise event. I hope this could help the two back together."

 

Jessica giggles out of her disbelief. A sister hooking up her sister to a certain doe-eyed guy? It never came to her mind that one day, it'll be Taeyeon's turn to hook her sister to a guy. But, as she looks at Taeyeon, she knows the latter is doing it for the best. Even for the fact that her sister just wants friends for now.

 

"You really love to see your sister being inspired, is it?" Jessica asked.

 

"I'm always like this, until I know her being inspired by someone she doesn't even know. Yoong is such a blessing for her, I know she can feel it."

 

"But you see, they're both having the same feeling... friends?" Jessica added, as she observes the two ex couples.

 

"Yeah right Jess, they wanted us friends but... as I look at it, they're both longing for each other. I can see it carefully. That Yoong. He is suppose to be doing his best right now, but instead, he wasn't. He's busy with his father and some other delegates out there."

 

"Oops... remind me too, Yoong just rejected his partner G.Na for a date."

 

"Chincha?" Taeyeon almost slip her camera upon hearing the information. “Did he?”

 

“Yup, it was Yul who told me that. Professor Kwon was the one also who told him. Aigoo… I think he wanted to see if how long he can endure a girl? Or is it… he wanted to show hyun that he can be trusted now? Or… perhaps, he’s really moving on?”

 

“I think the second one?” Taeyeon giggles.

 

“Well, whatever is on those two. Much important is… Yoong's heart.”

 

“I can observe it.”

 

“Really?” Jessica leans in, somehow interested. “How?”

 

“Look, they’re coming.” Taeyeon pointed.

 

As if on cue, the fans went wild once again to see her sister with her partner. They quickly bring their camera up and flash a lot of clicks towards their awaited guest. Fany who was still eating can’t fight the urge and drops her food on the side to dashes forward and immediately capture a lot of pictures.

 

“Kyaaaa… Yoong, hyun!!! Look here!!!”

 

“No!!! here my brother!!!”

 

“Hyun here!!!”

 

And more screaming fans are filling the entire red carpet. The ex couple could only smile and waves to their fans, especially to their sisters and friend Jessica.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

[South Korea Team. Dressing Room]

 

Mess.

 

A messy dressing room greeted Yoong and the younger once they open the door. Inside, were the exhaust members of chorale including the tan guy who was in the couch sleeping while sitting?

 

A Big sigh escape to their mouth as they together step inside.

 

“Hyung? Wake up.” Yoong sat beside his best friend while the younger…

 

“Nicole, Jinwoon-ssi… wake up. Hey, everybody… wake up. We are already here.”

 

“Hyun… they’re much exhaust than we are.” The doe-eyed guy shared his thought as he giggles. Standing up, he approach one of their member across the couch and check the time…

 

1:30pm.

 

“We have 30 minutes left Hyun.”

 

Yawn~

 

“Omo, finally sunbae, Nicole, Jinwoon-ssi… “ The younger brightens, upon seeing her co-members waking up already.

 

The doe-eyed guy simply shook his head. As if it was a cue for him to wake their co-members up.

 

“Hyun? Yoong, omo! Finally you guys are here.” Yul was the first one to stand up and checks on them almost immediately. Then, Nicole and Jinwoon followed by the other.

 

“You guys, it’s time!” they all said almost at the same time, earning a chuckle from the ex couple.

 

Chuckling, the doe-eyed guy speaks. “But, before anything else… I would like to say thank you guys, because… our hard works will finally be paid. For almost 3 months, we shared a lot of sweats until today… we are now standing to the main event. Let’s all work together for this one goal, it’s to… win?”

 

The members of chorale were tearing up due to the warming message from their young president.

 

Seeing the chorale’s silence, he proceeds… “But win or lost, we are still… “

 

“DUNGGOK!!!” the entire room was filled with laughter’s after their random shout. It took another minute for them to have a lot of chitchats here and there until the doe-eyed guy stops them once more.

 

“I would like also to thank… our new members, Nicole and Hyun for bringing the nation here. The chorale won’t be complete without you two. So... be sure to enjoy the entire year being a chorale member.”

 

All heads turn to the two best friends, which only give a smile to the entire members.

 

“Thank you for welcoming us.” Nicole and Seohyun both bows in 90 degrees, causing the chorale to immediately disagree with their bow as they laughs afterwards. They started to laugh and chats a lot more. random jokes and random thoughts filled the entire room as they continue to share what’s in their mind.

 

Meanwhile amongst of the few people who is enjoying the talks too was the tan guy. But as he could observe the rest, a particular member isn’t laughing much. Instead, he observe as this guy was staring so lovingly to another one. Tilting his head, he smiles when he confirms who’s the girl the latter is staring at. It’s the same girl who he fell too.

 

Deciding to approach the doe-eyed guy, he sneak his arm to his neck and whispered. “Yoong, don’t stare at her like that. She will melt."

 

“Hmm? What are you saying?” as if caught off guard, the doe-eyed guy immediately unlock his best friend’s arm and stared at him innocently.

 

“Tell me, what is really the real reason why are you acting like that? why did you broke up with her, while all along, you know your heart.” Yul stated, curious as to why his best friend needs to do it.

 

“You know hyung, being by her side somehow contented me. I wouldn’t mind to go back though, but it’s not yet the right time. I’m still sorting these things. I might be end up hurting her again once I got her again. who know what will happen if we are back, right?”

 

“You got the point there. But don’t make me wait, you know I can’t wait to make her fell for me as well.”

 

The doe-eyed guy almost scoff towards his best friend. He look at the tan guy with a disbelief stare. “Then, why not do it right now?”

 

“You wouldn’t mind?” asked the tan guy in surprised.

 

“I wouldn’t mind, just as long you can assure me that she will be happy.”

 

“Wow, I can’t believe you. So you are giving up?”

 

“I am not saying like that. Just want to see if Hyun can be happy as we had if you guys will be together? But… what about Jessica Noona?”

 

Yul got silent.

 

Noticing the silent, the doe-eyed guy smack his best friend and says… “You still really can’t get out from her, is it?”

 

“I don’t know. I can’t yet decide truthfully. But I know I’ll be doing what is meant for me. You’ll see after this competition.” the tan guy shared a meaningful smile.

 

“Sunbae? Yoong?” suddenly the younger approach them with Nicole. They instantly smile as a greeting.

 

Knock.knock.

 

But as the two men was about to say something, a knock was heard. They slowly turned their heads and was greeted by an Italian guy.

 

“Hyun? Yoong? The blockings are starting. I think we should guy.”

 

“Oh yeah… come on Hyun?” instinctively, the doe-eyed guy immediately lead the younger out the room, leaving Nicole and Yul with a smile to their faces. They resumed back to the members and started to leave the room too, for a preparation for the event.

 

[Stage]

 

In the stage, a lot of staffs were having their last check here and there. Making sure that the competition will be successfully delivered to the audience. While some of the staffs were checking the stage, some of the staffs were at the back stage, guiding every contestant for the opening as well as their way for every done songs. In the monitoring area, there were a total of 20 people inside the room who are carefully watching also to every cameras that was placed all over the place. 

 

In the audience area, fans also were settled already. Team from USA were having their big banner that occupies 3 row of seats, Italy team was having their balloons that represents their nation, France are having their all red shirt, Canada Team are having their ribbons, while for the South Korea Team, they have their own light sticks to support the team. As the last rehearsal stage was going on.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

[Backstage] 20 minutes before the show…

 

A director suddenly came into the backstage and greeted the entire contestant.

 

“Hello my dear friends. I’m sure, you guys have the best nervousness inside… and I am here… to even add that.” The director said along with a grin. It earns a groan from all the contestants who were having their bit of snacks on the side, after the blocking for an opening number.

 

Almost all of them are wearing the same nervous smile and almost all of them can’t get their hands to their own respective partner, but, it is way too different from South Korea Team; the two are just having a good snack while  chatting happily.

 

Going back, the director surprisingly opens a box and i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter