The Gift - [Final Phase 4.8]

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

welcome new subscribers/readers ^^ hope you enjoy your stay here!

 

and yeah!!! an update! After such... a long time? keke... Thanks for the votes! ^^

but wait, it hasn't ended, so brace yourself, for this week's ending.

keke.

 

enjoy!

 

and again... excused for any typos and grammar erros >.<

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoong's POV

 

Doctor Im, a patient is waiting... Doctor Im. Hey, wake up... wake up...

 

Slowly opening my eyes, I blinked... twice... thrice... or even until five times, before I could get my sight back.

 

Doctor Im, Mrs. Reynolds is waiting--for about 15 minutes now.

 

Following the voice, I felt someone is touching my arm. Slowly pushing myself up, I was greeted by my assistant nurse. I was yawning; actually not mind her words that I hear myself. I also spread my two arms, like I had really slept for more than an hour.

 

"What time is it?" Instead of minding her, I asked my assistant. She glared at me, earning my small smile. "Yeah, yeah... I'm sorry. Um, Kindly bring her inside." I said, as I search for my phone. She left me without a doubt.

 

"Oh yeah." Before I forgot, I get up and make my way to my couch. There, I saw my phone, beeping like it use to be. I reach for it, hoping that I can't read my wife's messages, yet, it has to be all of her message. That made me smile, even though. It's been 5 months already since her pregnancy, and Basically, December is her due. Oh how I wish it'll be Christmas Day . 

 

I was about to reply all her text messages when someone, or should I say, Mrs. Reynolds needs to come inside. I decided to put it aside, and welcome's her. She's pretty, though old in her age. She's holding a stick to support her from her walking. And her dress is always floral, reminds me of my grandmother.

 

"Let's have a seat, Mrs. Reynolds." I gradually offered her. She took the seat across me, with smiles all over her face. I smiled back, as I followed her. "So how was it going?" I asked her, casually. Mrs. Renolds has been going in and out in my office because of her high blood pressure. 

 

"I'm here to personally thank you, Doctor Im. I don't actually know how to thank you, because of how kind are you to me. Not only for me, but to every poor patient of yours. I’m really so thankful…" She moves forward, stretching her two hands towards me.

 

I did as what she did, as I took her two hands to hold her with gratitude as well.

 

"Thank you, also... Mrs. Reynolds. I can’t explain how flattered I am right now; thus, it’s my happiness to have help you with your health. It’s always, my pleasure to help, Mrs. Reynolds.” I replied, sincerely.

 

She smile so warmly, giving me more reason to continue with this field I am in.

 

“Oh, before I forgot… I have some gifts here for your twins?” To my dismay, she hurriedly let go of my hand and opens her shoulder bag in the side. I was surprised, and couldn’t decline it anymore.

 

“Th-thanks, Mrs. Reynolds. My kids will like this.” She gave me two pairs of hood for my twins. What’s really nice, it is intentionally for twins. Blue and pink hoods. Oh, my heart. “Thank you so much.” I said again, as I flutter to a cute gift.

 

Actually, it’s not only Mrs. Reynolds; all my patients who know I have my family now are giving me gifts. A lot of them are giving me baby bottles.

 

“No problem Doctor Im. It’s nothing from your kind heart towards us.” She said softly. And I can see how happy she was.

 

My heart got even fluttered with her words. It’s truly an amazing feeling, to have received such blessing from unrelated blood. And it’s because, you have made them feel they’re not just nobody.

 

I smile and give her a nod. “Thanks for the compliment.”

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

 

[No need, I am coming out, wait for a moment]

 

My wife’s voice made me alerted, as soon as I hear some footsteps around her also. I took a glance at my phone, the time says; 2:00am. Yeah, it’s indeed late, but it’s not a reason for my wife to do her duty. She herself is as busy like me. And to make sure she’ll not be stress out with work, I ask someone to look over my wife from time to time. Thanks to a kind nurse, so far, she is working smoothly while she’s carrying our twins.

 

Glancing to my side, I reach for the bouquet of flowers I bought earlier, and smell it. There’s also a basket of her favorite fruit.

Taking another glance to the time, I slowly opened the door in my side and step away from the car. As soon as I am out, I scan around the parking lot, none. I can see only some few passers.

 

So I waited… waited… and waited… until my eyes lit up, to see her, wearing still her white gown, approaching me. I smile so sweetly, which she did so.

 

“I am so—“ before she could apologize, I pulled her over her waist a little, crashing our lips deeply. I need t Within a spilt of seconds, I let go, and she has her sweet smile, making my night so wonderful.

 

“Yoong—“

 

“Flowers for my beautiful, wife?” and for the 2nd time, I cut her off, showing her the flowers. She pulled back and accepted my flowers.

 

“What’s the occasion?” she asked, with such a gorgeous smile.

 

“Oh come on, you know me.” I replied; as I lowered down to give her covered tummy a lot of kisses. She giggles instantly.

 

“You are tickling me.” she pulled me through my chin, earning my grin.

 

“I’m just giving my twins my love, hon.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter