Welcome to Cambridge!

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome To Cambridge! ^_^

-------------------

Jung Hotel

 

Jessica heaved a deep sigh, looking up to the night sky. It has been a week now since she cancelled the engagement she had with Taecyeon. It was even in newspapers’ headlines—keeping her heart heavy, every now and then.

 

Stress.

 

Yes, she is. No matter how hard she wants to be as joyful in front of her friends and her boyfriend. She end up in her office at the hotel with a deep thought still regards with Jung Hotel’s current situation. Her father was indeed doing a lot of effort, but it wasn’t enough to save the hotel. A totally of 5 restaurants has already been closed, and there are quite few employees declaring their resignation letter. To add how bad it is, some of their food supplier and stocks are starting to pull out their partnership with the hotel.

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore.” She mumbles, with her chin in the table.

 

Another makes her sulk in her table was her anxiety over her next exam. It’ll be the last this time and she prays she will pass, for she wanted to help her father in full focus. If she got the highest honor, it would be such a big help. A lot of investors might she meet if ever.

 

“Just 3 days left before my finals.” She continued to mumble, puffing away.

 

“The hotel will not be back if you continue like that Miss Jung.” as if she heard a ghost, Jessica turns on her back to see another man with a sad face. She raise a brow, thinking of any possible reason why on such earth does this man happened to be in her hotel.

 

The guy sat across her, handing something.

 

“Taec… what is this?” Jessica was surprised. The little box is for sure…

 

“A ring?” Taecyeon said.

 

Jessica scoffs. “I know. Why are you giving this?”

 

“Let’s continue this. I want you to marry me… instead of just—“

 

“Can you see yourself Taec? You look horrible… No! This isn’t happening.” Jessica outburst, she’s starting to get annoyed by this. Taecyeon’s face expression isn’t helping, as she can see how stress is this guy. it’s like the guy has been stress out regarding this?

 

Taecyeon look away. “I know I’m desperate here. But I only care for my family. The Hotel was bad as hell too. There were some investors who are pulling out their shares after you’ve cancelled it. I don’t know what to do… except for this. Marrying you seems to be good for them. You know I don’t want to see my family suffering Jess.” He said seriously.

 

Jessica was left speechless. She can see it through his eyes. It’s really determined to fix the problem. She stayed silent for a while, allowing her mind to sort out the current situation. She keeps on glancing at Taecyeon who were only quite himself too. She can see that black color around her eye bugs, indicating how badly he needed some rest and some sleeps. He is indeed working so hard for both for the family and University.

Deciding to break the silence, she briefly smiled. “Have you eaten your dinner?”

 

Taecyeon shake his head. “I have gone for a practice for the upcoming Sports fest.”

 

“Uh right. It’ll be in 3 days. No wonder Yul is hell of busy back and forth too.”

 

Taecyeon can’t believe her eyes. Jessica was smiling and talking to her normally, unlike the other. It gives her more reason to stay more in the place. “What he does?” then he shot a question.

 

“He does swimming.”

 

Taecyeon chuckle. “No wonder he really can’t get over when Jinwoon-ssi wins the tennis match they had.”

 

“Y-yeah… he’s always like that. If something is really not meant for him, he will be headache.” Jessica smiles a little, thinking of her boyfriend. Her hands are running through her car keys, reminding her that in any minute, her boyfriend will arrive.

 

Turning her gazes to the blonde, Taecyeon feels like being stupid for proposing the wedding once again. “I’m sorry. I think I’m really that stupid to still insist this.”

 

“It’s okay. You have your reasons Taec.”

 

Awkward…

 

Jessica and Taecyeon smile from each other after like awkward words from Jessica. She who only just say anything if Taecyeon will shot a question and he who only shot a question about how is their current situation now. Regardless to school stuffs, they both thought that they have no connections anymore—except for Hotel Businesses.

 

“Umm… can I order? I’m so hungry.”

 

Jessica laughs at Taecyeon’s words, and just motioned him to do so. Taecyeon quickly ask for a lot of food while Jessica was on the side, running her two hands to the car keys. Her boyfriend isn’t calling yet and she was getting impatient.

 

“You’re waiting for him?” Taecyeon asked after he done choosing his food.

 

“I am. Maybe around 6, he’s already here.”

 

“By the way, who was that over there?” Taecyeon finally questioned, noticing a guy behind eyeing them. Jessica give a turn and smile to the guy before going back to her guest.

 

“He’s a friend. A long time friend. Yunho.”

 

“I see… because I always see him around if ever I’ll be passing by. I thought once that he was Yul, actually.”

 

Jessica chuckles. For some unknown reason, Taecyeon is becoming comfortable for her. After the cancellation of engagement, it seems the guy is becoming gentlemen on her. Well she thought, it was only because of the contract regarding the engagement that’s why he’s like that at first.

 

“He’s Hyun’s brother. You remember the girl we always hang around?”

 

Taecyeon take a mental note. “Oh! no wonder… they are look alike.”

 

“They’re.” Jessica chuckles.

 

Beep.

 

“Oh wait, I think I should see this first.” Jessica quickly pulled her phone out, and a message from Yul can be read:

 

From Cutie: I can’t fetch you Cutie. Will you visit me instead here at my practice? It’s becoming so heavy that’s why I can’t. Just ask a favor for Yunho Hyung if so.

 

“Hmm? What is it?” Taecyeon raised a brow, noticing the blonde’s change of smile. He guesses, it’s not good news.

 

“Yul can’t fetch me. He wanted me to see his practice later. Aigoo… but I think I can’t. I might be tired the next day if I’ll wait for him later.” Jessica give a frustrated groan.

 

Taecyeon nod in understanding. “I see… then? Are you not calling him?”

 

Jessica was snap from her trance. Yes, she really needed to call for Yul. “Uh… yeah of course. Wait… “she distance herself and went to the garden.

 

It rings for quite seconds only before a panting boyfriend of her answered her. “Hey Cutie~”

 

[Hey… Ha… ha… so?]

 

“You were panting?”

 

[Yes. I just… got… out from… the pool cutie. So? Are you… Umm coming?]

 

Jessica bit her lower lip as she answers disappointedly. “I think I can’t Yul. I still need to do some reports and reviews later at home. I can’t join you tonight. Is it alright?”

 

[It’s okay. I was just trying if you can. I’m sorry I can’t drop you. I’ll make it up to you next time, okay?]

 

“You should. Really!”

 

[Oh wait, I should also remind you. Your signature from the professors was up for a pick up. You can just visit the University if ever you have a free time.]

 

“Thank You cutie.”

 

[At your service. Anyway, good luck to us?  Let’s graduate together.]

 

“Of course. We will. Good luck too. For the exams and for the sports fest?”

 

[Thanks Cutie. Yeah, I’m trying my best here to give a good fight. Don’t ever miss this, araso?]

 

“It’s already in my note Cutie. Don’t worry about it.”

 

[Hehe, I know I can always count on you. Oh wait, I think I should go. Bye~ cutie. Love ya~]

 

“Bye~ love you too.”

 

Tot-tot-tot….

 

As the ending tone filled her ears, Jessica couldn’t help and really feel like smiling once again. It’s pretty soon. She and Yul will graduate, and she was looking forward for years with him.

 

“Oh shoot. Speaking of Yul. Our first anniversary is coming too soon.” Jessica sharp a mental note. It’ll be by next week.

 

Taecyeon who heard behind almost choke her own chicken. He turns to see the blonde whining and wailing. As if she was in big problem?

 

“She might be thinking on how to celebrate it with him.” Taecyeon shakes his head and decided to shrug it.

 

--

 

And speaking of a big problem, Taeyeon isn’t an exception. She herself has. Tiffany is a BIG problem. Why? the latter seems to be really busy with University stuffs too. Her girlfriend is a freaking graduating student. How would she assume that the latter isn’t that busy? Yeah, she can only wish that this will be finish too soon. Oops, scratch that. She thought about Mister Hwang’s request—giving her much problem. Because it’ll be in her graduation. That means, she needed to wait for another two months before she can propose.

 

Sighed.

 

Taeyeon escaped such a deep and heavy sigh once she realizes Mister Hwang’s request. “I thought of killing myself. I just can’t wait anymore!!!”

 

“Whoa!!! Taeyeon Unnie?” she stops, looking back to the source of the voice. “Oh! Nicole?”

 

“Yes…. and Hyo here!” Taeyeon almost jump in surprise when Hyo appeared behind her like a ghost.

 

“You seriously!” she clutch into her chest, feeling it like moving up and down so fast.

 

“Yah! Hyo-ssi!!!!” and before she could ask Nicole, the latter has yelled to Hyo and the shorter girl quickly runs away. Nicole chases, giving her a reason to smile to the sigh before her.

 

“Why can’t they just date each other?” Taeyeon commented as she resumes her walk to the HRM department—where Tiffany is doing her last session.

 

--

 

Arriving at the kitchen Lab, she pops her head out and saw some students having an anxiety all over. 5 professors were up for food tasting in their deserts, which she never missed to take notice. Her girlfriend was on the right side, as she decided to approach her behind.

 

“Hey.” She poked her behind.

 

“Tae-tae… you’re here.” Tiffany shot an eye-smile, which never fail to make Taeyeon to smile in return.

 

“Are they up on it?” Taeyeon whispered.

 

“Yup. Mine will be the last. Omg! Tae-tae… I’m excited.” Taeyeon raised a brow. Usually, people will say they’re nervous when it comes to judging, and seems like her girlfriend is different. She was only clasping her two hands to not pray hard to pass, but only to see the reactions from the judges.

 

“You were confident?”

 

Tiffany simply nodded. “I did my best to this.”

 

“That’s my girl. I’ll see you outside, okay?”

 

“De.” With that said, Taeyeon exited the room and waited there. She waited patiently, having a peak to what’s going on inside from time to time, walking back and forth and even whistling a song through .

 

She was only interrupted when she heard Nicole over the football field in the ground. She find it intriguing and stared down to the football field.

There, she witness as Nicole and Hyo keeps on laughing to one Polaroid? “Hmm… look at this two. They should really date each other. They’re good to look at.”

 

But as soon as she mutter those words, came another person in the football field. “Whoa? Jinwoon?” she was surprised, he interrupted them. “Did he have a crush on my sister only? So… is it possible that… “

 

“Tae-tae… “turning her head behind, she saw her girlfriend smiling so widely.

 

“So it’s good?” she asked.

 

“Yup! Two thumbs up!” Tiffany proudly showed her Spanish desert. “They love the adding of toppings and some creamy that it made it tastier.”

 

“Serious?”

 

“Yep. Come on, have a taste.” Complying, Taeyeon grabs the fork and have a taste to her girlfriend’s desert. She slowly gives it an attention to every ingredient she came across with her tongue, until it melt and she give her girlfriend a meaningful smile.

 

“So?”

 

“Your professor gives you two thumbs up right? I’ll give you 10 fingers~”

 

Tiffany couldn’t help and smack her girlfriend—quite amuse by how Taeyeon is too kind to give her more points. Taeyeon smack back and literally give her a quick hug just before she could revenge.

 

“Come on, let’s just go home.” Taeyeon announces and drag her girlfriend to start leaving the University that started to be empty.

 

--

 

Pulling over not so far from Hwang Mansion, Tiffany then turned to her girlfriend before she could step out the car. Though not Taeyeon’s car, it was still something for her as the older really wants to drop her.

 

“Hmm… since it’s your first stage of final exams tomorrow, I’ll give you a lucky charm.” Fany didn’t even have the guts to say a lot more words when Taeyeon had already capture her lips and pulls away quickly. She blushes hardly when she receives it. Thought quick, it was a deep one—and she was breathless.

 

“How do you like it?” Taeyeon asked in a devilish smirk. Fany shows two thumbs up, causing Taeyeon to groans in frustration. She give her girlfriend a two palms earlier and even give her a lot of cheering messaging, this is only she got?

 

“Aish! You serious—“

 

“Miss Hwang, your father and Mrs. Im just arrived.” came a voice from Tiffany’s driver. Taeyeon had her eyes outside immediately when she heard the words from the driver. They’re not so far from the driveway of Hwang Mansion, so they can have a look at it.

 

Later then Tiffany joined her girlfriend, observing her father’s actions.

 

“Oh no.”

 

“That’s… “

 

The couple escapes a gasped, after witnessing such events. They turned to each other slowly with an o face.

 

“Your… your father and… “

 

Fany look back ahead again, wanting to confirm it. But it only more gives her another shock of her life. “Oh gosh. Yoong’s mother and my father… are back together again?”

 

--

 

Jung’s Residence

 

Jessica drops her belongings in her bed with an exhaust sigh. "How would I pretend that this house is alright?" She mutter, after passing the living room and the kitchen to see nothing but only their maids. She assumes, her parents were out yet again for other business meetings. They are most probably being having a hard time to talk a lot of business partn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter