Christmas Wish [Extended Epilogue]

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

***************************************

 

 

 

It's sharp 8:00pm when husband and wife Seohyun and Yoong ended successfully the surgery from someone that encountered a car accident. Both doctors sat down in an almost empty cafeteria of the hospital, along with their 2nd meal of the day.

Having a late dinner isn't that new for them. Moreover, the less people in the cafeteria. But to be seated at the same table near the big Christmas Tree that the Hospital placed, isn't new for them. For the first time, they're in the Hospital, not at home celebrating Christmas with their twins.

 

Seohyun is more than worried, hence, their twins are not used with them being apart. The last time they spent Christmas, it was yet the best Christmas ever. Their twins made a special present for them. BaekHyun gave a scarf, whereas for Yoong, He gave a baseball cap. Yoobin on the other hand, gave a letter and a paper painting of their family. Yoobin also gave her father a letter and a pen.

 

Both were so cute, telling them the reasons why they choose the things;

 

"Everytime Mama is cold, the scarf will protect her from the cold weather. This is me, wrapping my arms in Mama's neck to warm her up."

 

"Dada is not fond of baseball Like I do, So I want to gave him my baseball cap. Dada, you like it?" BaekHyun's reason made Yoong to start liking baseball ever since that day.

 

--

 

"Mama... my present is a letter. I want to tell you everything tonight, but I think it will take time, So I wrote a letter for Mama."

 

"Dada likes to wrote a song for Mama. So, Dada... is it Okay if I gave you a set of pen? You can write a lot of love songs to Mama." Came Yoobin's cute reasons as well.

 

 

They went for a one day vacation in Jung Hotel in that Christmas, where their twins had their time of their lives, enjoying the one day fun with their parents.

 

But now as they sat down in silent, staring over the Christmas tree, makes their heart aches. 

 

"Hon, I Miss the kids." said Seohyun softly. 

 

"You say so." Yoong simply replied.

 

 "But as you said earlier, they're with Taeyeon unnie. Let's call them, instead?" Seohyun brightens, almost forgetting about the word ‘call’.

 

"No You cant." Yoong surprisingly don't want.

 

"Wa... why?" and it earns Seohyun's puzzlement. She thought her husband also misses their twins. "Why can't we? I'm sure our kids will like the idea."

 

Yoong sigh, reaching for Seohyun's two hands. His eyes are into her, lovingly gazing at her. "We’ll give them a reason to miss us more if they'll hear our voices, Hon. It's better in this way. Nonetheless, we can see them by weekend." He said as a matter of fact.

 

Seohyun didn't like the idea and shook her head. "It's 3 days before the weekend. Hon, can we at least call them? I'm-I'm.... afraid they’ll hate us because we never told them about this. All they knew is that… we’ll spend another Christmas with them. Please... " she cried, holding Yoong's hand tightly. Pleading to her with a pout.

 

"…And besides... we have 2 hours of break right now. I think it's enough." She added.

 

Yoong reach for Seohyun's hair and tuck it behind her ears. There, He can visibly see how unpleasant is the latter's expression. As if, She hasn't seen them for 2 years, or something. It breaks his heart as well, but He need to stand on the Hospital’s decision.

 

"Hon, I said it. We will not call them. Or you know what will happen? You will just spoil yourself." Although Yoong understands, He doesn't want to see his wife, getting off her mind from their work. "Hon, I understand too well. Yet, sometimes... we need to hold of what we missed in order to save lives in this hospital. You do agree with me, don't you?" 

 

Seohyun let go of Yoong's two hands slowly, disappointed that even the call, her husband is preventing her. She sulk, crossing her two arms near her chest. She looked up to the Christmas Tree, thinking about her twins.

 

Yoong can't take it and stood on his feet, just so He could settle down next to her.

 

"Listen, I also want us to spend a meaningful Christmas even though we are away from them. Are you in?" Yoong said, flashing a suggestive smile. 

 

Seohyun turned to meet Yoong's eyes. "What's on your mind, huh?" She couldn't believe, her mood changed into a bright yet totally alluring smile together with his handsome face.

 

"Two hours of break... It's enough for us to celebrate this Christmas." Yoong sweetly held out his hand. "I tell you, you will forget that  you miss our twins." He smirked, confident with what's in his mind.

 

Seohyun's eyebrows arches. She knows him well. If there's something in his mind, She needed to behave. "You sure?" Yet, She don't want to accept it right away.

 

"How can you spend the night here without even celebrating?" 

 

Seohyun chuckles. "What am I trying to say is that... are you sure with what's in your mind? Earlier, you don't want me to call our twins, but here you are, doing something I don't know. Yah! Im Yoong, it's Christmas! We should celebrate it with the kids!"

 

Yoong disappointedly retracted his hand back, and dramatically pouted. He was about to turn away when his wife actually just gives in, and pulled him from behind with a back hug.

 

"Aigoo... so easy to give in?" Seohyun giggles.

 

"You just don't know how to joke." Yoong muttered, not giving in by the touch.

 

Reaching for his hand, Seohyun turn her husband to make him face her. She reaches for his cheeks and cupped them. "You know I can't resist my husband." And pecked at his lips.

 

Yoong pouted inwardly, as He kissed his wife's palms and says, "And I can't resist staring at you, missing our twins. So, shall we?" with a little grin across his face.

 

Seohyun can't help and smile at her husband. She nods afterwards, confirming her agreement to whatever was in his mind. Yeah, How can She resist this wonderful husband of her? She’s just too lucky to have met such a dedicated husband.

 

 

*************************

 

 

After an hour of driving, Yoong pulled the car over in a seemed to be a Christmas theme park. Seohyun was left flabbegasttered, watching herself in a place where She hasn't gone, or Did She?

 

"Hon, why are we here?" ask her, turning her head to the doe-eyed in the driver seat. Instead of an answer, her husband flashes a knowing grin before he got off from the car. 

 

Seohyun doesn't know a thing. She followed him at the back of their car, just so She can see her husband already bringing out some basket and a mat.

 

"Are we-"

 

"One and half hour only, I think it's enough to enjoy the fireworks later." Interupted Yoong, as He gave the basket and He closed the back of the car, before turning his attention to a dumbfounded wife of his.

 

"You never failed to surprise me." Seohyun said, almost lost on how many times did her husband surprise her. For the past 5, there were no occasions that her husband won't surprise her. Like their anniversaries, kid’s birthdays and their birthdays. It is always her husband that would beat her from doing so.

 

Yoong held her hand and says, "My queen, let me be your king always... I promise, I won't ever let you down. "

 

Seohyun giggles. "And you know how much I love that sweet talking of yours." She pokes at his nose, before She held her back again and walk them now to the entrance of the park.

 

Upon arriving, both eyes were mesmerized by the lights around. A lot of people are also spending their quality time in a grass, having their own picnic. The cold weather wasn’t a reason for them to stop spending it with others, as the Christmas Spirit is around.

The Big Christmas Tree at the center made it even more enjoyable for their eyes to see.

 

From lovers to families, all are wearing the same happiness ever could be painted.

 

"Whoa! Hon, I like it here." Seohyun cried being mesmerized. Yoong smiled in beam, as He now drag his wife near the center of the park, joining the others. He settles their picnic mat and their basket, before they settle down their selves.

 

Opening the food Yoong had actually prepared, Seohyun gasped in surprise as her eyes couldn’t believe that her husband cooked the food He is not basically good at.

 

“Hon, are you sure you want me to eat this?” She asks, having 2nd thought of giving it a try.

 

“Wae? You don’t like to eat your husband’s cooked? Yah! I work for this!” Yoong defensively answered.

 

“Um but… “ Seohyun couldn’t answer back, reminding her that first time her husband tries to cook something.

 

 

Flashback…

 

It was their 2nd anniversary. Seohyun is having a bad headache on how will She surprise her husband on their special day. She is in the office, thinking of something that is already been a while. But surprisingly, She couldn’t think of any except for spending time with him again.

 

“Aigoo… why am I so helpless when it comes to this.” Muttered her. She didn’t notice that it’s already lunch time, which She didn’t give a damn because of the works in her desk.

 

Then as a sudden knock was heard outside, She irratingly answered, “Come in.”

 

The door opens, and there goes her doe-eyed husband, wearing an apron instead of hospital gown. Seohyun frowned, and quickly stood up as She approached him, concerned.

 

“Hon, what happened?” She can finally see closer her husband’s red wound in his cheeks. “Did you do something?” She caringly caresses his cheeks.

 

The doe-eyed simply flash a mischievous grin. Before She could even react, the latter showed her two hands, “Happy 2nd wedding anniversary, Hon.” Offering her also a plate of dukbokki.

 

Seohyun was agape, as her eyes couldn’t believe what her husband have done. Usually, it is her who will cook because the latter doesn’t know how.

 

“Is that expression of yours a compliment? Hehe… welcome my loves.” Yoong flash a smile, earning a knock on his head from the latter instead. He winced, a little hurt. “Yah! Why did you do that?!”

 

Seohyun dragged her husband to the couch and set aside the plate before She reach for an aid and apply some ointment on the spot.

 

“Wait, what are you doing? It’s just a little, Hon.” Yoong complained, finding himself in Seohyun’s care of touch once again.

 

“You are not suppose to do this. It’s me.” Seohyun answered, treating the wound in his cheeks.

 

“But it’s our anniversary today.” Yoong pouted, hearing that cold words from his wife. But He exactly understands it. Cooking is not in his field.

 

After finishing, Seohyun peck on Yoong’s lips in order to make up with her sudden cold words earlier. “Happy Wedding Anniversary, then.” She sweetly said, which earns her husband a bright flash across his face. She giggles, and reaches for her own husband’s version of dukbokki.

 

“Let me taste my husband’s first attempt of dukbokki.”

 

Excitedly, Yoong reach for the fork and feed his wife. The latter munched the content inside for quiet a minute before She surprisingly turned away from her husband.

 

“Wae? You don’t like it?” asks Yoong, concerned.

 

Suddenly, Seohyun stood up and left for the bathroom, leaving him dumbfounded in his seat.

 

“It’s not good?” came his wonder, as He stared down to the plate.

 

End of Flashback...

 

 

*************************

 

"So?" Yoong anticipated, as He can see his wife, munching endlessly the food He is not good at. To his dismay, Seohyun showed a thumbs up.

 

"Whoa! How many times did you cook this over and over again?" Seohyun chuckles, taking another bit of the food.

 

Yoong brightly smiled, and beam. He followed his wife, sharing a food with her, "5 times. Hyung Yul helped me, actually."

 

"Yul? Ugh. Again?" Seohyun rolled her eyes. It disappoints her that her husband always come to Yul’s door and ask for a help. Something just never changed from him.

 "Aish! You told me You won't ask any help from him anymore?" and It surprised her that her husband basically just ignores his promise. "The last time you ask for a help from him, you drove us to a different city, instead of the place you planned." It was their 3rd Wedding Anniversary, when Yoong planned something again that She doesn't have any idea where they were going.

 

"But I know you liked that." Yoong giggles, remembering that one night.

 

 

*************************

 

 

Flashback...

 

The car suddenly went to a stop much to Seohyun's relief. It has been 2 hours since they left Seoul, and her husband has been driving She surely doesn't know when and where are they arriving at the place He is planning them to go. Just when She is about to to ask him, She witnessed Yoong, getting off from the car and opened the hood of it. Instantly, She frowned as a smoke can be seen, coming from inside. 

 

Following him outside, Seohyun sighed at the sight of the engine. 

 

"This is not happening." 

 

Yoong also sigh, closing the hood. "What are we going to do now?"

 

"We are at the middle of nowhere, Hon. Is this even the place Yul Sunbae gave you?" Seohyun realized, the road is empty while they're being sorrounded by none other than -- tall trees. She shudders right in an instant, and scooted closer to her husband.

 

Yoong's two arms instinctively wrapped around her, bringing her closer. "It is. But... I don't know if it's actually the right road?" He admitted. "Um, I think I lost us."

 

Seohyun knew it. She sighed, doesn't mind it at all. She rested her head in Yoong's chest, wrapping her two arms in his waist.

 

"So are we going to spend our 3rd Wedding Anniversary here, Hon?" She asks, having disappointments in her voice.  

 

Yoong slightly pulled away and placed a gentle kiss to her forehead before uttering a word, "I have some gifts for you too, I hope you don't mind spending the night here."

 

Seohyun flash a warming smile to confirm her agreement. The sudden realization hits her head, "As long as you are always with me, having you near me is already a blessing." She sweetly answered. She can't do anything, though. What matters most is they're always with each other.

 

Yoong also copied her, taking a peck on her lips this time. Seohyun giggle, copying him too. Until both found their selves kissing passionately outside the car. But the need of air is always the reason for them to break apart.

 

"Aigoo... so where's my gift?" Seohyun said, breathing hard. Her forehead is resting against Yoong's forehead.

 

"Inside. It's cold here, Hon." came Yoong's breathless response. Seohyun smiled, reaching for the doe-eyed's hand and dragged them inside the car. Yoong took the driver's seat once again and She took the next seat to him.

 

Upon being settled once again in the car, Yoong quickly reach for a box in the back seat and handed it to his wife. Seohyun accepted without any 2nd thought and opened it excitedly.

 

"You will like it." Yoong said, proud enough with the thing inside.

 

Seohyun brought it out, showing it to her proud husband, "Sunglasses? What was in your mind?" She chuckles, finding it irrelevant as a wedding anniversary.

 

Yoong reach for the sunglasses to wear it for his wife. "This isn't just sunglasses. This is a 3d glasses. Since we'll be stuck here until tomorrow morning, why don't we use this." Then He left the driver's seat and went to the back of the car. Curious, Seohyun followed him.

 

"You bought a new gadget?"

 

"Yep." said Yoong, as He brought a seemed to be a brand new laptop. "I knew you love to watch movies, So while you wait for me to finish my work, you can watch through this with our twins." He proudly said, in which Seohyun can only admire him more. The more He actually does something for her, that more his wife would feel bad because She can't repay it. Well except for the so called 'Unconditional Love'.

 

"Thank you, Hon. I Hope someday, I can beat you with surprises." regretfully, Seohyun said.

 

End of Flashback...

 

 

 

*************************

 

 

Seohyun had enough and put the her fork down to the side. Yoong also followed as He brought their plates back to the basket. Right then, the young mother rested her head on her husband's shoulders, greasing up to the big Christmas Tree in front of them. The bright lights reflect through her eyes, keeping her smile so sweet at the different colors. The cold weather is not an exception. But She felt the warmth slowly from her husband, as She continue to admire the season.

 

“Something bothering my lovely wife?” Yoong whispers, noticing the sudden silent from his wife.

 

Seohyun shake her head. “I’m just too happy tonight, again... Thinking about today and for our future… I can always see you and our little family.” She really has no regrets from tying the knot with him.

 

Yoong knew what’s in Seohyun’s mind. He knew that word ‘contentment’, in which He is exactly as the same with her.

 

“You… BaekHyn and Yoobin… complete me.” added Seohyun, slowly looking up to her husband. “Hon, you’re the best thing that happened to my life. You don’t know exactly how am I always thankful to God that He gave you to me. I love you~” sweetly, She pecked at his lips.

 

Yoong absorbed all those words with gratitude. He couldn’t help and answered her with a long yet lingering deep kisses on her lips.

 

“I love you more, Hon.” Comes his husky voice, before going behind the latter and back hug her securely.

 

Seohyun sighed, reaching for his two hands and held them. “How many years, still?”

 

“Until dea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter