The Waiting Game

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Thanks for still subbing the fic everyone~. <3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[From Baby Hyunnie: Good Morning Baby~ ♥]

 

 

Yoong had his bright smile reading the text message. He set aside his hold in his spoon to reach for his own phone, typs for a reply. 

A typical morning he and her has been doing-never fails to make her bright.

 

"Good... Morning, baby... you... beat me... huh?" He loudly said as he types it. "... Did you take... your... daily, vitamins? Have you... eaten your breakfast?" then he sends and put it back in his side.

He brought his hand over his spoon yet agian, as he resumed to eat in his porridge. Though alone in his apartment, the bright in his eyes aren't going to left him. Seohyun who would constantly text him or call him, doesn't feel a loner. 

He continue to have his porridge slowly and peacefully, while waiting for a reply.

 

It's 7am to be hold.

 

Eating his porridge is the best he can do while he is feeling the pain in the corner of his lips, left eye and unto his abdomen. Though it has been 3 days, the bruises can still be seen. Lucky and he is good at alibi to Seohyun. The latter has no more questions regardless to his works. Besides, his fiance is as busy too-helping Yunho in his restarant.

 

"Hmm... " He keeps his eyes on the phone, not leaving it.

 

"What took her to reply?" mutters him, still enjoying the hot porridge he actually ordered for himself. The only thing that can enjoy him for the meantime is his porridge and his fiance's call.

 

Ring~~~

 

Startled by the sudden ring, Yoong had reach out for his phone instinctively. But only to feel disappointed. It was not as he expected.

 

"Hey, Krysy~" It was indeed Krystal, quite disappointing him. Heck, Krystal made him put a smile as the latter replied,

 

[Oppa, I'm outside your apartment. Are you inside?]

 

"Yes. Why?" Yoong got up as he put his bowl of porridge in the counter. He walked out his dining room to open Krystal a door.

 

[I'm here to hand something I almost forgot.]

 

"Okay, hold on a second." Yoong replied, just before he opens the door for the younger. He was greeted by a sweet smile from the younger, however, it turns out to be a frown as she covered her face with an envelope.

 

"Hey! why are you hiding there?" Yoong was puzzled, at the same time, amuse to have seen her quick move- covering her face.

 

"Umm, Oppa~" Krystal on the other still couldn't leave from behind the envelope. Yoong was about to reach for her wrist when she step backwards afraid at his advancement.

 

"Waeyo?" 

 

"Oppa, you're... Uh... shirtless~" Krystal blushes behind the envelope obliviously. Yoong giggles at the small reason.

 

"Krystal, it's Okay." Yoong pursued, again step closer to reach for Krystal's wrist. 


"No Oppa Please. P-put... your shirt on first." Krystal almost squael, in which the doe-eyed was surprise.

 

"Umm... Uh... fine, It's Okay." said him, quite getting the younger wanted to say. "Come inside first, I'll put my shirt." 

 

Krystal sighed in relief, pulled back the envelope in time the doe-eyed left the door. She walked inside, a little embarrass however just the way she commanded. Oh well, she doesn't want to blush yet again from Yoong's view. Scartch that. His abdomen, or his abs specifically.

She fanned herself through the envelope while waiting for her favorite Oppa to comeback. While waiting, her eyes couldn't deny the fact that Yoong was indeed so in love to a girl by his side in a photo frame near his television. She was proud, knowing the long terms that Yoong and Hyun has been into.

 

"They're so good together... " She unconciously admired the frame, smiling at her own.

 

"So what... are you doing here?" Yoong came back, grinning when he caught Krystal smiling directly to his picture frame.

 

"Oh, Oppa. You're here." Krystal got up in alert to feel someone behind. 

 

"Why so surprise?" Yoong chuckles softly, placing his two hands over his waist.

 

"Yes?"

 

"You're staring at the picture, am I right?" Yoong teases, to which Krystal awkwardly smiled couldn't react from being caught. "So... Uh, what are you doing here?" 

 

"Oh yeah~ almos forgot." Krystal snapped, sharing the two envelope to Yoong.

 

"What are these?" Yoong reluctantly accepted, a little puzzled.

 

"It's from a professor in my University. He said that's for you and Hyun unnie's needed files for your residency here in Seoul. " 

 

"Awesome! I thought I'm still going to the University. Thanks for this Krystal." Yoong thanked in delight.

 

"You're welcome Oppa. I'm just here to hand that." Krystal who doesn't want to stay any longer picked her bag off the sofa and bows to Yoong right away.

 

"But... uh... have you eaten? hmm.... Breakfast?" Yoong offers, concern if the younger hasn't, since it's still that early.

 

"Eh? I have~ before going here... Oppa." Krystal informed, declining the offer.

 

"Okay, I thought you were. Are you going to school later?" 

 

"Yes. Sul is waiting actually~"

 

"Hmm, that make sense you are in hurry?" The older cooed with giggles.

 

"Err, Oppa! Sul is a friend." However, it came as different from the younger.

 

"Haha! Did I ask something... related to... ?"

 

"Umm... " Krystal bit her lip, a bit embarrass at her sudden slip of a tongue. She avoided his teasing eyes right instinctively

 

Yoong ruffles the younger's hair. "Don't mind me anyway. You should go back before Sul could not wait."

 

"Hehe, thanks Oppa." Krystal bows awkwardly, complied as she started to go back to the door. Yoong just follow behind, a little a amuse.

 

"Thanks again for dropping this." He told Krystal just before he could open the door for her. Krystal once again bows a a respect.

 

"No problem Oppa. I'm going now. I'll see you around?"

 

"Sure!"

 

"Bye~" Krystal waves her right hand, turns on her back as she started to leave the place.

 

Yoong smiled briefly, watching the younger leave. He didn't stayed any longer outside as he went back inside his apartment. He opens the envelope and smile as he thought about Cambridge yet again. 

 

"I miss Cambridge." mutters him while he reach for his sofa to sat down. Just before he could read the records inside his own envelope, he heard a phone ringing not far away. "omo!" it was his ringing tone that didn't miss him to rush inside his room. He has no time anymore to see the id caller, as he answered it right away.

 

"Baby?" 

 

[Oops, nope Yoong. It's mom. Where are you?]

 

Yoong smack his forehead instantly for mistaking once again. " Yeah? umm... at home." He answered, sitting in his mattress with another disappointments.

 

[Do you have schedule for the entire day?]

 

"hmm.... nope. Why?" oblivious, Yoong answered simply. It's the fact that he plans for staying at home until his bruises disappears.

 

[That's good. Do see me in the mansion.]

 

"Huh? why mom?" Yoong has some weird feelings if his mother does call him though. Did he done something? he doesn't remember either.

 

[Taeimin will be home from school this lunch, do accompany him for the meantime]

 

Yoong knew it. Heck, Taemin is his focus right now. There's nothing to be worry. "I have plans though, I almost forgot."

 

[That's good. Bye~]

 

"Yeah, bye mom." Yoong ended the call with a slight worry about Taemin. His mind was all over for him yet again. Just the talk about him, he would find himself a little gloomy. The thought of Yoojin would still came to him. Definitely giving him pressure and concerns for Taemin. He thought of hurting him if one day, he could reveal the truth.

 

"Aigoo, i should've told Taemin the truth a long time ago." He regrets.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Yunho's restaurant

 

Like the usual small restaurant, Seo's restaurant aren't that good in business. Only few costumers would stop by and eat. There were even sometimes that for the entire day, the restaurant has no costumers.

Like what was in Yunho's sigh. Only one costumer is having his lunch peacefully. Worse, he ordered one dish only.

 

sigh.

 

Yunho didn't know what to do. He might end up closing the restaurant if ever. If that will be the case, he can no longer see his parents coming back home. If it's about money, he has nothing, compare to his siblings.

 

"Tch, I shouldn't have resigned myself at Im Call Center. I would've earned a lot by now." Yunho regretted, having a long face in his table. He stood up, reach for his costumer in the side and handed his bills. The guy looked up into him with a brow.

 

"Umm, you Bill Mister~" Yunho said.

 

"Oh, hold on." The guy complied, opening his purse to hand Yunho his bill.

 

"Eh? Euro?" Unfortunately, the guy handed him a euro money, which he has no change.

 

"Oh no, I'm sorry... It's this." 

 

Yunho sighed in relief that it was just a mistake. The tall white guy handed him won finally with embarrassement. He shrug, accepted the right amount of his bill in a won then bows again, as he went back to his seat. 

 

"By the way, are you by chance... the owner of the restaurant?" Just as he could count his money in a his pocket, the guy surprisingly asked him.

 

"Yes." and he answers honestly simply.

 

The guy made a smile accross his face, nodding as if he knows him. 

 

"Waeyo?" Yuhno can't help and raise a brow towards him.

 

“Nothing, just asking… because… I see that it’s only you here?”

 

“Uh, my sister hasn’t comeback from the market though. She’ll be here to help me.”

 

“You have a sister?”

 

“Yes… younger sister.”

 

“I see. Anyway, thanks for the little chitchat.” The white guy said, standing up as he gathered his belongings, then left the restaurant without anymore words to utter towards Yunho.

 

Shrugging it off, Yunho simply resume on counting the money he earned for half of the day. So far, he had a disappointing amount in his hand. It’s not even enough for his daily groceries.

It disappoints him again.

For a long time of managing the restaurant, it’s his first time to have met such small amount.

 

“Aigoo, what was happening?” asked himself, scanning his surroundings’. “I think it’s Taeyeon who has the power to run this. aish! Not really good at this.” he hisses, realizing how it has been so bad for the restaurant the moment Taeyeon decided to be wed with Tiffany.

 

“Tch, it’s not yet the end though. I still have my sister.” As always, thinking about his younger sister would always lift him up. His adorable and yet unpredictable sister would constantly give him such hope.

 

“Ara, there’s still later. Let’s work.” Yunho surprisingly had a high spirit as he stood up and walk to the counter.

 

Consider him lucky, another costumer entered his place. This time, 3 people compose of a kid, a mother and a father.

 

“Good Noon, Sir and Ma’am. Lunch?”

 

“Yes.” Yunho smiled back to the costumer, eyes were on the kid, slightly reminded by someone in him.

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Market

 

Seohyun finally dropped her big plastic bag in the corner, in her last store to visit. She bends down, searching for good vegetables being place in a mat in the floor. Mostly were good but she needed the freshest vegetable. Especially that she’s going to cook a dish for dinner. And it’s for their customers.

Being task to buy the ingredients for dinner time, she has no worries hence she was being trained by her mother. She knows what’s the difference from a fresh vegetable to an old vegetable.

 

 Moments later when she has thought she found it, she picked it up and toss it in an awaiting paper bag in the side.She picked up another...and another one... until she filled the big paper bag with almost of her favorite vegetables.

 

“Thanks Ahujumma~” she paid right away then once again took a glance at her wrist watch. She find it too early to go back.

 

“I still have time to buy my vitamins.” She thought so as she left the last vendor she paid attention. Walking in a crowded place in a high sun made her a little dizzy. But that was a long time ago, because at the moment on, she’s wearing her sunglasses and had her vitamins before she left the house.

 

Yes it is, she’s now going to take care of her migraine. The look of her fiancé 3 days back made her really so guilty. It’s her who has migraine and should worry about her health, not someone as her fiancé who only wanted her to be healthy.

 

While walking too, she couldn’t help and smile to every people in the Market. It has been years since she last visited a market. Not that kind of like a mall. But a real market for everybody. It’s her joy to share the same market with others, losing her attention to her front which she accidentally bumped into a girl.

She nearly outbalances if it wasn't for a quick hand from a guy instinctively grabbing her wrist.

 

“I’m sorry!” she apologized right away at her mistake, bowing to the two people in front.

 

“I’m sorry too, unnie. I wasn’t looking.” The girl she bumped in a pony tail hair apologizes the same.

 

“Are you alright, Miss?” the guy who is taller than the girl reaches for Seohyun’s wrist, checking if she’s okay.

 

Seohyun nodded with a small smile. “I’m Okay. I thought it’s my mistake Miss, I was lost with the people around.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Oh nothing. Hehe… I should get going now.” Seohyun bows again, sheepishly walked passes at them in a hurry.

 

“She’s adorable.”

 

“Yeah. Anyway, we should resume our date. Where are we going this time?”

 

“Hmm… amusement Park?”

 

But before she could be far from them, she stopped hearing their innocent voices. They were a couple in her ears which didn’t fail her attention. But what stopped her is the word ‘date’. It came to her like instinctively when she thought about that word.

Over two years had passed as engage couple; she misses into ‘dating’ thing with Yoong. For instance, going to a movie theater and amusement park really missed her.

They are already 2 years as engage couple, and yet, all they did is to work and work then recently, a memorable night.

 

Turning her body around, she pouted to miss the old them. She misses her young self somehow. Being innocent with the kind of love she is experiencing.

 

“Hmm, let me see.” Instinctively, she thought of any day for free time from the both of them. “But wait, it’s only me who has a lot of free time.” realizing that she’s in a break from work; she brightens and check for her phone right away. It’s still so early to comeback home. Why not do it later? That would be awesome.

 

So scrolling again, she calls for her fiancé.

 

“Baby~” she greeted too, the moment the other line answered.

 

[Yeah~ what’s up? Are you at home or... restaurant?]

 

“I’m at the market, as usual. What about you?” she answered, having

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter