Yul vs. Yunho

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

May the best man wins.

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Whoa.... no wonder you never called nor come to my dinner. Look, how are you guys so fit well, eh?”

 

“Yul… what are you talking about?”

 

“You don’t know? Okay… let me tell you. This guy, is really going to steal you away from me.”

 

"What?”

 

“Jess, don’t mind him, he’s just drunk.”

 

“I’m not. For your information… I’m not a drinker, so better—“

 

“Oppa, I think it’s time for you to leave.”

 

“Hahaha…. Yeah… it’s time for you to leave.”

 

“Okay, I’ll see you at work Jess. Bye.”

 

--

 

“Bye Mister Seo… Yun… ho… hahaha… “

 

“Yah! what’s really wrong with you? You look drunk.”

 

“Me drunk? Never. Just a little I guess?”

 

“Tch, why are you here by the way?”

 

“Hmm? Oh… of course… I would be here because I want to see you. You ditch me, right? So I am here, bringing you dinner.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++

 

30 minutes passed…

 

Two light candles, two wines and two plate’s places in a circle table was never been touch. Jessica deeply know the reason of these things in front of her. She glances to her front, just to see her friend sleeping in the table, with her two arms as a pillow.

 

“I thought this is our dinner.” She mutters, watching in disbelief.

 

“Hmm… “

 

Suddenly, the tan guy switches his head towards him, pouting away, and mumbling. It never misses her eyes, as she smile to her sight. It was unlikely adorable for her.

 

“Yul, you’re so stupid.” She mutters once again, watching the tan guy mumbling while sleeping. She doesn’t know what happened to her heart, the moment she landed back to Seoul. It changes like a flash she can never turned it back. Yunho was still doing its best and she's starting to like the guy, while she decided to move on from her heartaches from Yul. But as he can witness the tan guy somewhat still showing his best, he can’t help but really to feel it.

 

“I already told you to stop.”

 

Another sigh escape through her.

 

“Just watching you like that, makes me eager to slap you... but can you blame me? I waited like for how many months?” She continues to speak.

 

“Jeshika… I’m sho-sho… rry… “ Yul continues to mumble.

 

Minutes pass, she enjoyed watching the tan guy sleeping. She herself can still feel it. There’s no doubt, the tan guy has still a thing in her. 

 

“Yul, wake up. It’s already late.” She shake the latter’s arm, in hope to wake him up immediately. But unfortunately, the tan guy won’t barge.

 

“Your father might be calling you anytime soon now. Hey, wake up.” she tries even further while she took a glance to the latter’s handy phone on the side.

 

As if on cue, the tan guy’s phone did rings.

 

“See… I told you so. Come on, wake up you tan guy. hehe… “She giggles, right after noticing her randomness. “Mister Kwon.” She tried even further but to no avail, she sighed and sat back.

 

But as she sat back, the same time Yul had open up his eyes and a smile greeted her.

 

“Tch, I thought you won’t open your eyes. Your phone is ringing, go answer It.” she said quickly.

 

Yul didn’t waste any more time and quickly answers the phone.

 

“Yes Dad, oh. I’m sorry… I’m still at Jung’s residence. Really? omo!!! Yes, she will and Yoong too. Okay, bye. I’ll be back in a minute.”

 

After he ends the call, a smile once again appeared in him.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Jessica asked, confusedly looking at the tan guy.

 

Without any warning, Yul took a peek at the blonde’s cheeks with a grin.

 

“Yah! Can you stop doing that to me? It’s really out… “She stops, this time, Yul poke her nose.

Right there, she blushes. The way the tan guy behaves in front is somewhat out of natural. But she enjoys it.

 

Giggling, the tan guy stood and offers a hand for the blonde. “Hehe.. I’m so sorry, I was a bit off. My head throbs and I can’t really that talk well… will you do this for me?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Aish!” Yul forcedly grab the blonde’s hand and pulled her up. He guided his hand over her waist to slowly put his chin to her shoulders.

 

Jessica was taken aback. “What are you doing?” she shrieks.

 

“Jess, do I still have a chance?” he whispers.

 

“Hmm?”

 

Yul pulled back and showed a brief smile to the blonde. “… I can see that you and Yunho are really having fun with each other.”

 

“Yul… don’t get me wrong, Yunho was… “

 

“You like him don’t you?”

 

“De?”

 

“Anyway, I wouldn’t mind though. Just want to ask, do I still have?”

 

Jessica hesitated to say. Her heart would say Yes, but she can’t utter. She must be fool to decline him, but as she remembers those times she was hell out of waiting for him, she’ll end up retracting her tongue.

 

“I guess, it’s time for you to go.” So she only shows a poker face.

 

Yul disappointedly pouted. He scratches the back of his neck before saying. “Yeah, I think I don’t have eh? But I wouldn’t stop. Hehe… “

 

Jessica simply looks away.

 

“Uhmm, anyway, I’ll go ahead. I’m sorry; I came here just to sleep in front of you. I’ll see you… by Monday then? It’s the trip. I’ll just send you the tickets. Hmm? Goodbye Jess.” He said before he give the blonde another bear hug and then slowly turning his back.

 

Just as I thought. In Yul’s thought before he started his way back to his car.

 

“I’m sorry Yul.” Jessica can only say, watching the tan guy disappear her sight.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

2 days later…

 

                Top 5 students of freshmen

 

“Kim Hanuel, Lee… Min… Nicole?”

 

Yoong’s eyes widened. “Nicole got it?” he exclaimed, trying to process what he just read in his hand. “How did she got in?”

 

Knock.Knock.knock.

 

“Come in.”

 

The door creaks to open, revealing a student in the door.

 

“Oh, Thanks for bringing that to me. How was their reaction?”

 

“They’re all surprised Mister Im. Do you really need to do this?” asked the student, still shock to the news that their ever so kind president is stepping down as a president in their University.

 

Yoong didn’t answer. He simply signed the paper and gives back the paper to the student.

 

“You know sometimes, in order for you to have full focus in your choosing path, you should give up something. I know I’ve been doing this for almost 2 years now, and I can’t disappoint you guys. But… to tell you, there are more thing I wanted to do rather than this. It’ll be helpful for me, if you guys will be really acceptable with my decision.”

 

The said student smiles. “I’m just worried Mister Im. Students still prefer you.”

 

Standing up, Yoong approaches the student and tap her shoulders. “Don’t be worry, coz I know, the next president will be likely better than me. Who knows, right?” he said before he opens the door at his office and offers the student for a leave.

 

He took out his phone and dialed the first girl came into his mind.

 

“Baby, where are you?”

 

[Here at the University, checking for my final result. What about you?]

 

“I’m heading… and I guess… I can see you now.”

 

Ending the call, Yoong waves his hand, catching the attention of her girlfriend.

 

“Yoong… “approaching, she had a nice and bright smile to the doe-eyed guy. which most likely, can tell she’s as happy than any other person.

Yoong quickly grab her by her waist and chaste a kiss to her cheeks.

 

“Why are you here?” asked the younger, letting go immediately from their hug.

 

“Just finishing processing my leave.”

 

“Leave?” just as she about him to drag by his hand, she stops to hear the word ‘leave.’ “Don’t tell me… “

 

“I mean as a president. You know I can’t leave it that easily.”

 

“What about the chorale?”

 

“Hmm? I’m not yet sure about that. Hyung and Professor Kwon can’t seem to sign it.”

 

“Yoong, you know what does that mean? They don’t want you to say goodbye.”

 

“That means one thing too.” the doe-eyed grin, knowing exactly the stare from his girlfriend.

 

“What?” the younger asked obviously.

 

Grabbing her two hands, Yoong turned serious. “About the thing I ask you?”

 

The younger got silent. She had never thought about it.

 

“So… you don’t want, right?” He asked.

 

The younger keeps on pondering. She and this question haven’t met yet. It’s in her mind for quite some time, but she can’t decide. Her mind would say, it’s going to be okay, but her heart would say, it’ll never be. If she’ll allow him, that means, she’s going to wait for 4 years. And that is also means, she’ll put trust and faith to the doe-eyed guy, and she wants him to pursue his dreams.

But as the thought of being far from him, it keeps her getting anxious and sad. She’ll going to miss him so much. Might be, she’ll lost inspiration. It’s indeed hard. But, can she be selfish sometimes? Or not?

 

“You… Yoong, what do you want?” she asked back instead.

 

“Hmm… you know… that… exactly… you… and… my… dream… is… the same. I can fix this, without leaving. But as I thought of my mom, I can’t disappoint her. I’m confused, or rather… really… really… not in myself... Mom, and you… are my inspiration. Two person, who have my heart.”

 

That was clear and enough. The younger smile and nods. “I understand. I don’t want to decide it for you Yoong. You decide. Me... no… your dream, or… Seoul?” it’s an indirect question. Whether it’s Seoul or his dream, she knows, she’ll be happy for whatever is his decision. She knows, she’ll accept it but at the same, she would probably a bit, disappointed? But, she doesn’t want to be. She hope so.

 

“Hmm… I don’t know. Let’s not talk about that first. Let’s talk about your father.” Yoong’s mind suddenly brightens even more, remember the talk he had with the father of his girlfriend.

 

Flashback…

 

“I receive a notice from the bank.”

 

Mister Seo put two papers in the coffee table. Two thick pages of paper that contains notice from the bank. “It’s from the account that we made for this house. And I have known, you and your… money, is the reason of these all things. The debts and even the loans we made. You paid it all. Kindly explain to me, why such a thing you’ve done this? Don’t answer me because you love my daughter… answer me truthfully.”

 

The doe-eyed guy was left speechless. He stared at the two accounts and it was indeed his works. But the other paper was about a notice of taking it back. He can’t help and holds the paper tightly. Her mother’s words were indeed true.

 

“Sir… I don’t think I still have any reasons, except for your daughter. You don’t know what we’ve been through just to get into this relationship again. I know it’s quite unbelievable that I did this because of loving your daughter, but… it was the truth. I did this willingly because I wanted to.”

 

“I knew it… okay… so what about the second paper. Your mother, I know she’s against. Why did you still done this?”

 

Yoong gulps. He doesn’t know how to explain it, but he can only assure the older man. “Sir, Yes… it was indeed against my mother’s will, and she wasn’t aware of this when I done this thing. Don’t get me wrong, but… what I did was I think… good. I mean, you know… since your family is really in need… and except for my love for your daughter, Uh… I think… I’ve done this because, your family… I wanted, to be... part of it too.”

 

“That’s what I wanted to hear from you.” Mister Seo smile briefly, he took back the papers and open a pen by the side. Yoong was confused, the latter is writing something he doesn’t know. His heart couldn’t help but to feel nervous. The way the older is taking some notes is quite serious and seems like… a contract?

 

He waited… and waited… until for about 15 minutes, he was startled when the older give back the paper. Slowly, he took the paper and read its content…

 

5 things I wanted you to prove to me that you love my daughter…

 

He read in his mind, which gives him a little smile, before he proceeds reading its content…

 

1. Drop her every before 7pm.

 

He arches a brow towards the older. “7pm, is ridiculous, Sir.”

 

“Why? Is it hard for you to do it? Okay fine, give me that—“

 

“Oops… fine, I’ll do it. But… aish! Fine.” He groans in frustration and proceeds reading…

 

2. Don’t kiss her in the lips, unless I’ll allow it.

 

“I’ve already done this.” he mumbles, earning a smack from the older. “Aish! Fine.” But I really can’t help it. I’m sorry Mister Seo.hehe

 

3. If you got out with her except for the University, do tell me every before you’ll do it.

 

4. Definitely, don’t disturb her every studies. Meaning, every exams, no study session with the two of you. Do it by yourself.

 

The 4th role seems to be hard for Yoong. He was use to have a study session with his girlfriend. He’s totally going to reject this role.

 

And finally, for the 5th…

 

5. Strictly, no holding hands and no … ***

 

Glancing up to Mister Seo, Yoong almost have a silent chuckle. He never knows that he will include it. He never had thought of this for his entire relationship with the younger. Just kissing is enough for him.

 

“Why are you laughing?”

 

“Uhmm… Sir, it was because, the 5th role was really that… unexpected, and this never came to my mind. I’m seriously deeply in love for your daughter, but not to the extent that I will do that.”

 

“Who knows? You can be a little ert, eh? That young mind of yours will never be good, I guess?”

 

Yoong smile so bright. He just don't want to add more words and offered his hand for a shake. “I’ll be really grateful to do all these things Sir. I can assure to you that, your daughter is in the right hand. She’s in the right guy. Im Yoong.”

 

But before Mister Seo could take the doe-eyed guy’s hand, he quickly grabs back the paper and wrote another long paragraph this time.

 

Yoong waited, this time, his heart is happy. Happy for instance, the head of theSEO family is somewhat considering his relationship with the youngest daughter. It gives her a little bit of relief to see the Seo is welcoming him. Now, what he wanted to do is to convince his mother. Hopefully, he can see his mother agreeing for his condition as well. That would be great if his mother will allow it.

 

After such an hour passed, finally, Mister Seo finished the paper and hand it back to the doe-eyed guy.

 

“Oh my… this is… “

 

“Just too short. Inside, was my real intention why I did include you to my black list? Just want to summarize it… don’t… ever… give me a reason to break your nose again. Or you know what will happen. Yoong, my daughter is the precious girl of this family, and I want you to do the same as well. She’s my princess, and giving you my blessing is hard, but I know I should let her. For her experience it too... she’s as innocent to this, so don’t ever let her cry. Understood? I’m not going to take easy on you for the meantime. So be sure you’ll do accordingly to this role, to make me like you.” He said firmly.

 

Yoong feel like pressured. How would he do it? He was still uncertain upon leaving the country.

 

 

“I’ll… do… my-my best Sir.” He stammers. “… That… she-she… wi-will… never cry. I want to make her happy… as she can be. Much better Yoong this time, will be in your sight.” And he adds, confidently. 

 

 

“Good.” Mister Seo offered his hand. Pondering, Yoong slowly shook the hand with a smile of sincerity.

 

“She’s in her room, go calm her down.” Mister Seo quickly stood and left the doe-eyed guy.

 

Sighing in relief, Yoong thoroughly massages his temples before going to her girlfriend’s room.

 

++++++++++++++++

 

Sniffs… sniffs…

 

Yoong smile in proud to hear the younger sniffling. Tiptoeing, he quietly approach the bed and gently sat on the mattress.

 

“Appa… please leave.” The younger mumbles under her pillows and her blankets.

 

He giggles a little. It was too cute for him to handle that he end up wanting to hear more.

 

“I know I’m wrong appa. So… I’m deeply sorry… I just love Him so much that I’ve done it. I hope you understand me.”

 

Sniffs… sobs… and more. He can no longer take it and just simply tap the younger’s shoulder, and pull her to make her look at him entirely.

 

“Appa… Yoong?” surprised, the younger girl gets up to see the doe-eyed guy. “What-what… are you doing here?”

 

Instead of an answer, the doe-eyed guy simply leaned in and capture the latter’s lips and pulls away quickly, afraid that Mister Seo will see him. No. 2 role, scratch that. In Yoong’s mind.

 

“What was that?” wiping her tears off, Seohyun sniffled a little as she asked.

 

Yoong scooted closer and whispers… “Your father just blesses us.”

 

“De?” she almost squeal in surprised.

 

“Yes, and I’m no longer in his black list. I’ve read his reasons,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter