Worries

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

thanks to whom who voted this up! keke ^^

 

---

 

 

 

Sigh.

 

I watch us the door closes in dead silence. Over the past years, this is the first time I’ve seen her like that. She’s totally worn out. I arrive at the police station just to see her cry. Her eyes are so red that I barely can recognize her. Her hair was messy, while her cheeks are full of scratches. Even her arms are full of scratches, might be, she fight back.

I give a try to comfort her, but it would only give her a reason to cry so loud. She mumbles a lot of words that I can never understand. I can just hear Yoong’s name in her mumbles, which I think she badly needs her boyfriend in her side. she continued like that until we arrived at home. It was unfortunate that the guy who made this to her escaped successfully. Thank God and there was a police officer who manages to be there on time.

My heart, it’s aching like the way my sister is right now. I could feel myself giving in to these hinting tears, but I don’t want her to see me the same with her. I need to be strong for her, as I promised to get that bast*rd in prison.

 

As I saw her stepping inside her room, the same amount of failure I’ve thought to myself. I was a fail to protect her. The promise I made to my parents was a failure.

 

“Omma… Appa… I’m so sorry.” I mutter, as I sat in the couch with my two hands running through my temples. It’s giving me headaches, just to see my sister like that. She was dead silence when we got back, and immediately got inside her room. all I did was to see her like that, say the best words that can cheer her up, but it was useless as she would only call for Yoong. At times like this, I think it’ll be Yoong who can manage to give her much comfort. I think my sister needs a comfort of a man. A man that she can surely trust.

 

“Yoong should get back asap. I am afraid Hyun will be in trauma. He needs to go back for her!” I heard Oppa hissing. We have the same thought. This is is such a traumatic experience for her. She was being violated. And I doubt if it’ll just pass that nothing happened. I assume, by the next day, she’s still in silence.

 

“Oppa, do you think Appa should know this?”

 

“No Taeyeon. You know how much expectations are having our father for her. For sure, she’ll be dead if father or mother will know about this.”

 

“But you know. It was only so near.”

 

“Even so. Hyun was violated and she was weak to even fight back.”

 

“I understand.”

 

Oppa was right. Never seen father didn’t told Hyun to be strong. I assume he will only scold my sister. My innocent sister that only looks forward for her future. This is really hard. I should do something for Yoong to be back. But how can I? I know I am not in the right position to do this, but if it’s about my sister’s happiness, I’m willing to do something for her.

 

“By the way, I’ve heard about Mrs. Im these days, meetings with Mister Hwang?”

 

“Right, I’ve heard about that too.”

 

“It might be some business.”

 

“That’s what I think. But for Mister Hwang,  I know he had something on this.”

 

“Do you think he is working to bring his son back?”

 

“I would love to believe.”

 

“He needs to convince Mrs. Im.”

 

“I agree… but it will not be that easy.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Oppa, why not us? I mean, let’s set a meeting for Mrs. Im.” I suggested, thinking of convincing Mrs. Im to bring her son back.

 

“Taeyeon… do you think your plans on setting a meeting for Mister Hwang will lead on this? for sure, that grandmother will be there too.”

 

“Omo! I never thought about that.”

 

Yunho Oppa chuckle. He stood and ruffled my hair. “Use your brain sometimes Taeyeon. So when will be the meeting?”

 

“I plan to do it by Saturday?”

 

“That’ll be good. I’ll accompany you… but about our sister?”

 

“I doubted if she will be going to school or even at work Oppa. You’ve seen her face. She was all worn out. She can’t even answer me back normally.”

 

“Aigoo… so it’s only us then.”

 

“What’s wrong about that?”

 

“Just… hehe, kidding. Me and You? Saving our sister’s happiness? I’m on it.” He beams, out of my happiness.

 

--

 

Cambridge, United Kingdom

 

I drove back with Donghae Hyung at my University with a smile in my face. Earlier, I did excused to  Krystal and Suzy for a reason of going out with Donghae. I manage to escape from my guards as well, without any hassle. I thought I can’t really escape them that easily, but with the use from Donghae’s men, I got out easily. I know by now, they’re contacting my mother because I escape. But who cares? I got what I wanted. I manage to talk to the Korea Embassy. Hopefully they’ll process it right away.

 

--

 

Going back, we arrived in silence. My guards are still at my door waiting for me. But I was brave now, with Donghae Hyung on my side.

 

“Mister Im. I’m sorry to tell you. Your mother knows you escape.”

 

I knew it. “What is there to surprise? You guys are still the same.” I said nonchalantly before I slowly approach my door and opens it for Donghae Hyung. I thought they’re going to kick me or not. But it was surprising that they only let me in with Hyung without anymore words.

 

“I thought they’re so… “ I was about to further sit in my living room when both I and Donghae stop in our tracks.

 

“Yoong, I think you should see her first.” Donghae said, as I sigh in defeat to approach my bed. There, Krystal was sleeping with my phone in her hands.

 

“I told her not to stay over here.” I hissed, thinking of my guards outside. But it seems my guards have no care on her anymore.

 

“Yoong, should I call for Suzy?”

 

“No need, I think she was asleep next door now. I’ll just carry her.” I said, before I lift Krystal up. I know it’s better if I’ll wake her up, but seeing her so deep in her slumber, I thought of just carrying her into her bedroom.

 

I started to walk with Krystal on my back, as Donghae also assist me to open the door. My guards were all surprised to see the younger, but they only shrug their shoulders and later guide me to the next door. They knock on the door for me, for like 5 times before a yawning girl opens it for us.

 

“She fell asleep in my bed.” I told Suzy.

 

“No wonder I can’t contact her. I was so near to contact you too… but anyhow, get inside Oppa.” Suzy said, leading us in. She leads me to Krystal’s bed before I cautiously drops Krystal’s body to her mattress.

 

“Oppa, is that your phone?” suzy snap me. Fail me to grab it.

Instead of me, Suzy carefully slip it under Krystal’s hands and she successfully did it. She handed it back to me, and right then, I was surprised to see how many miscalls I got from my girlfriend.

 

“Oppa? Something wrong?” Suzy was puzzled, witnessing me widening my eyes. Donghae got me quickly and cover me up.

 

“We should go ahead Suzy, it’s late.” He said, as I agree too. We bid farewell immediately and turned to my room with a panic.

 

---

 

“Hyung, she was calling me for almost hundred times earlier. What should I do?” I quickly asked Donghae, the moment we sat back in my couch.

 

“Call her right now. No need to ask.” Donghae hissed, smacking my head as he went to grab glass of water in my fridge.

 

Aish! why am I so slow sometimes?

 

I quickly called Hyun’s number, just to hear a lot of rings first.

 

“I’m going back to my room.” Donghae informed me, just before he smack again on my head. He chuckle and then left me. I just can’t react anymore and just wait for the phone to be answered.

 

“Come on. Pick up the phone.”

 

I waited and waited, as I am getting impatient. I decided to just lie in my bed while waiting. I badly need to make up with her thinking about how I let Krystal to talk to her earlier. She might be disappoint or mad at me right now.

 

Aigoo… what am I going to do if she is? Aish!!!

 

It keeps on ringing and ringing, until I’ve witnessed as the clock strikes 2:30 am. I keep on yawning which leads my eyes to be half too now. But no, I wouldn’t mind. I badly need to apologize to Hyun. I am sure she’s really so eager to have a time with me. I’ve been too busy with so many things lately that I always ignore her calls and if we can have time to talk, it’s only some minute as Krystal and Suzy would always be interrupting.

 

Sigh.

 

[Hello… Yoong~]

 

I nearly jump in happiness to hear my girlfriend’s voice. But… it was too… low. There was something wrong.

 

“Hyun? Hey, umm… something wrong?” I asked, as I can feel my heart beating unusually.

 

I heard sniffles first, before she answered back. [Yoong… *sniffles*… glad to hear… your… voice.]

 

Is she crying? Her voice is really crack. “Hyun, are you crying?” I asked for a confirmation, getting up from my bed. I switch the phone to my right, to have a comfortable hearing on her voice. “Hey! Answer me.” she continued to cry instead of answering me. It breaks my heart out of a sudden. She might be really disappointed on me.

 

“Hyun I’m sorry. I was out because… “

 

[Yoong… I need you… here.]

 

“What? wait… what is really going on? Why are you crying?” I can feel myself worried into this indirect answer from her. I can feel that she’s having a hard time, or rather a bad mood. “Hyun, just tell me… please!!! I’m getting worried here!”

 

[Baby… I was… I was… ] She didn’t even finish her sentence when it suddenly was cut off. I quickly dialed it back and she was answers in an instant.

 

“Tell me… now. I want to know. What’s with your cries? Is it me? Did I done something wrong? Okay, I apologize, I know I’ve been disappointing you these past, but believe me, there was a reason for all of these.” I said, desperate that she can understand my situation here. Both of us are longing for each other, and I feel it through her cries.

 

[No… it’s not… you…] Her voice is really not that normal. I have guess, she’s been crying for a while now. I think that’s one of  the reason why she didn’t answer the call quickly.

 

[Yoong… it’s somebody… else… ]

 

“What?—“

 

[I was nearly... .]

 

“Pardon?” I don’t know what to react. Is that a word that needs a force before someone can get what he wanted? Is that an act that needs more time to be healed once someone has experience it? Yes. I think it was.

So the girl that I’ve been respecting for almost 2 years now has been molested? The girl that I’ve been treasure for this entire relationship I have with her, has been violated?

My heart breaks the moment I’ve realized it. My grip on my phone is tightening as I can myself boiling in anger. That word never came to my mind. it was an act of unforgiving.

 

She was silent so I answer instead. “WHO DID THIS TO YOU?”

 

[Yoong… It's... ]

 

“Who is this bast*rd?” I shouted, feeling the adrenaline rushing to my veins. My body is shaking out of my boiling desire. My two hands are clenching so tight, fighting the urge to scream more.

 

[I don’t know… he… was… he was… in a mask. I-I… can’t… re-recognize… him]

 

Right then, my tears flow like a river. I drop in my mattress with a bounce as I let my left hand covered my mouth to suppress my sobs.

This is too over. Why her? My innocent girlfriend. Now I can feel myself regret for being here while I am not there, to protect her. To be by her side when she needed me. I’m so stupid for not moving so fast. I should’ve been there already to feel our happiness with each other. Why am I still here?

 

“I’m so stupid…. I’m sorry… I was not there. I was not there to protect you. Baby… I’m so sorry… I’m sorry.” I cried letting the agony of my heart out. I know by this time; it should be me who will comfort her. She badly needs me there in times like this.

 

[No need… to apologize… it’s okay… ]

 

“But are you even okay? You are not Hyun! ” I continue to cry, letting her know that it’s not okay for me. It’s hurt to hear my girlfriend in this situation. I am afraid it will create a deep hole in her mind, in her entire soul. She's a girl, for God's sake. Too weak to experience this.

 

[Baby… ]

 

“Tell me, what did he do to you? did he hurt you that much? Because I’m surely going to kill that bullsh*t”

 

[Baby… ]

 

“Listen, I need you to stop your work. don’t go home without any company. I can’t forgive myself if this could repeat again.” I hissed.

 

I can only hear her cry so loud. Her breathing was so heavy, and I can feel how hard this is for her.

I  couldn't do anything anymore and wanted to comfort her with words I wanted to do.

 

“Hyun… be strong. Don’t worry, it’ll be okay… I’m just right here… by your side.” I said, and she continued to sobs. I can feel her desire to be hug by me. I can feel her emptiness right now which brokes my heart into pieces over and over again.

 

“.. If I can just comfort you right now… if I can just hug you and kiss your tears away… I would’ve done it right now. I’m so weak. I’m so slow. I should’ve been there already. But how can I? I’m being tied here so tight. I can’t even that move freely… ” I added, and she cried, at the same time, I cried. We both cry, just feeling each other’s pain. If I’m just there by her side right now, this won’t happen. This won’t be a nightmare for her.

Yoong, you are so slow and stupid. You choose to feel this pain while all along you can move fast. Don’t worry Hyun, just wait patiently. Korean Embassy will help me. I’ll be there in time. I want to fix this problem of yours. I want to be there in your side sooner.

 

“Baby, please don’t cry. You are giving me more reason to cry too… please… Keep holding on. We’ll see each other soon.”

 

[Baby… I can’t wait…. I ca-can’t… wa-wait… f-for… that…d- day.] Her voice is an aching to my heart. I bit my lower lip, but still my tears won’t go away. It’s as if it’s not going to stop until I can see her again. Why must it have to be like this? Why must her? It should be me who should suffer. She was too innocent for being treated like that. How can I forgive that man who did this to her? I’m so going to kill him once I’ve seen him.

 

“Baby… It’ll be alright… let’s get you sleep now, shall we?” I suggested, and she just answered me with a sob. She might be closing her eyes now as I can only hear her breathing so heavily. I can imagine how she is alone in the bed, cuddling to a pillow or what. 

 

I am so Broke, the same with her.

 

and out of my sadness… my mind suddenly blinks and I can see Hyun by my side, crying. I thought this is real as I place my mouth in her ears, whispering to her…

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUyrpnI8S7o

I turn off the lig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter