Playmate

Drabblessss

Kid!au Keo is back!


“Mommy, where will we going?” Little Taekwoon asks his mom confusedly. Hakyeon is currently dressing him up with shirt and jeans, something that he only wears when he goes to the mall or when visiting their relatives.

Hakyeon smiles at Taekwoon, his son is always fast at picking up things. He brushes the kid’s hair softly and asks “We will be going to your father’s friend’s house. You remember uncle Sanghyuk?”. Taekwoon smiles brightly at the question. Of cause he still remembers his Uncle Hyuk who bought him chocolate and toy cars when they last met.

---- In the car ----                       

“Baby, are you excited?” Wonshik asks as he sees his son is bouncing in his seat while playing with his robot.

“Yes! Uncle gave delicious chocolate!” Taekwoon answers and giggles while Hakyeon is mumbling something about an uncle who spoils kids with sweet.

“Daddy, is uncle’s house fun?” Taekwoon asks, still playing with his favourite robot, even intimating the voice of a robot.

“I guess? They a son who is younger than you. you will have a playmate” Wonshik says with a fond smile as he remembers his friend’s adorable son.

“Really?! Then I will have dongsaeng!!!!!” Taekwoon exclaims excitingly. He has been wanting to have a younger sibling to dote on and he likes cute things. He bets that the kid that he will meet soon must be really cute as he remembers that his Uncle Hyuk looks kind of cute, too.

“We are here” Wonshik announces as he parks his car by the road and Hakyeon helps his son to get down from the car. The couple walks to the house happily while holding their son’s hand.

“Daddy! I want to press the doorbell~~” Taekwoon whines and Wonshik chuckles but carries his son so that the kid can reach the doorbell.

“Hyung! You are here!” Sanghyuk greets happily as he opens the door and sees the family in front of him.

“Uncle Hyuk!” Taekwoon greets excitedly before Wonshik or Hakyeon able to greet their friend. “I’m sorry. He is just too excited” Hakyeon says and Sanghyuk only laughs and carries the kid in his arm.

“Uncle~ Where is dongsaeng??” Taekwoon asks when all of them sit on the couch, he is still on his uncle Hyuk’s lap.

Sanghyuk tilts his head slightly as he doesn’t understand the question. As far as he knows, Hakyeon and Wonshik only has one son. Wonshik chuckles and helps to solve the misery “he means your son. Jaehwan is younger, right?”

Sanghyuk laughs and answers “He is taking his bath. He will come down soon. Why don’t you play with the toys there first?” while point to a corner of the living room in which there are tons of toys which belongs to his son. Taekwoon pouts slightly, he is so excited to have a new playmate but the younger is not there yet. He then walks to the corner and plays with the toys while waiting.

“Sorry guys. I have a hard time to have this little angel to get dress up”

All of them turn to stairs when they hear someone is speaking behind them. On the stairs, Hongbin is walking down while carrying a kid in his arms, the kid is hiding his face in the crook of his neck.

“Baby, greet the guests” Hongbin says softly and encourages his shy son. Jaehwan is shy since born; he is so shy that he always hides behind his parents when there is stranger or guests. Jaehwan shakes his head and hugs his mother even tighter.

Sanghyuk walks over and carries the kid form his wife. “Baby. They are appa’s friends. Be a good boy and greets them, okay?” Sanghyuk says and lets the kid sits on his lap while facing Hakyeon and Wonshik. Taekwoon who is playing with toys immediately puts down the toy and walks over to see the kid.

“Hi, I’m Jaehwan. You can call me Hwannie” Jaehwan introduces himself shyly and clings to his father again. Wonshik and Hakyeon only coo at the cute adorable kid. How can him be so cute? Like a little teddy bear, Hakyeon thinks.

“Mommy! He is so cute!! Hwannie is so pretty!” Taekwoon exclaims as soon as he sees the kid’s face. At the second their eyes meet, Taekwoon decides that he likes the kid. Jaehwan who hears the compliment becomes even shy-er and hides his face against his father’s chest.

“Did I do something wrong?” Taekwoon asks sadly as he sees the kid only ignores him after his compliment. He pouts at the response. “No, you didn’t. but Jaehwan is just shy. Maybe you can talk to him more?” Hakyeon comfort his sulky son.

Taekwoon walks over and tries to look at Jaehwan’s face which is snuggling against Sanghyuk’s chest. “Hwannie?” he calls and pats the younger’s back. “I’m Taekwoon. You can call me Woonie hyung. Let’s play together!” Taekwoon says cheerfully. Jaehwan perks up at the word ‘play’ and turns to face Taekwoon.

Woahhh, this baby is really pretty Taekwoon thinks but this time decides to keep the compliment within himself as he afraid that the younger will be shy and hide again.

Jaehwan looks up at his father, Sanghyuk gives him an encouraging smile and a nod. He then smiles and get down from his father’s lap.

“Let’s play” Jaehwan says softly, a hint of nervousness and shy is still visible and obvious.

Taekwoon smiles brightly and pulls the kid over and walks to the corner with toys again.

Both of them play happily together. Taekwoon is trying his best to make the atmosphere less comfortable and coax the shy Jaehwan to talk more. By the end of the day, both of them get along well and Jaehwan is getting better as he doesn’t stutter anymore.

When they are on the way home, Hakyeon asks Taekwoon who is humming happily at the backseat, “Taekwoonie, are you happy?”

Taekwoon looks up and nods furiously and exclaims “Yes! Woonie has a new playmate and dongsaeng! Hwannie is cute!”

The adults laugh at their cute son while Taekwoon is already looking forward to the next play date he will have with his new playmate, Jaehwan.


An update! Enjoy reading! :D