Playdate

Drabblessss

“Mommy~~~!!! It’s pika’s time!!!!!” Jaehwan exclaims happily while running towards to his room to get his jacket and get ready to go out.

His mom looks up from the novel and glances at the clock, it shows 5 o’clock sharp. She chuckles lightly at her son’s cuteness. The two years old Jaehwan still not able to differentiate number and only recognize the time by looking at those animation characters on the clock.

Jaehwan comes out from his room with his jacket in hands and shirt that have been wore inside out. “Mommy~ Hwannie is ready~~ Let’s go” he says loudly.

His mom takes a look at his son, can’t help but laugh at his son.

“Come here, baby. So clumsy..” she shakes her head while gesturing her son to com near her.

“Sweetie, you have to learn how to wear your clothes properly.” She says and smiles warmly at Jaehwan.

However, Jaehwan is too excited to listen to her. “Mommy, so can we go now? Hwannie is late.” He says with his puppy eyes.

It is not like he has an important meeting or what. How can a two years old toddler has any important agenda tho? However, the playdate at the playground every evening is the most important agenda in his two years life time. According to Jaehwan, it is even more important than his Chopper doll.

As soon as he reaches the playground, he quickly runs to the sandbox looks for his special friend.

“Hyungieeeeee~~~” Jaehwan greets happily as soon as he finds Taekwoon is sitting there building a sand castle.

“Hwannie” Taekwoon greets softly with a smile.

“Can I join hyungie?” Jaehwan asks with a blush on his face and Taekwoon replies by holding the younger’s hand and guides him to the sandbox.

Both of them are playing happily and didn’t notice that someone has entered the sandbox, too.

“Taekwoonie~~~~” someone greets with a high pitch whiney voice.

Taekwoon doesn’t even need to look up but already know that the owner of the voice is Hakyeon.

“What you want?” he says softly eyes not leaving the sand castle that he builds with Jaehwan.

“Let’s play tag~! Sand castle is so boring.” Hakyeon replies.

Jaehwan looks at Taekwoon with a pout on his face and the younger quietly reaches out and holds the elder’s hand tightly.

Taekwoon smiles at Jaehwan as assurance and says “not today, I’m playing with Jaehwan and we want to build sand castle.”

“You are no fun!” Hakyeon stumps on his foot and runs off towards a group of kids at the field.

“Sorry hyung” Jaehwan whispers quietly.

“Why sorry?”

“Because of me you can’t play with your friend.”

Taekwoon smiles and pat the younger’s hair “doesn’t matter, we’re going to each other at the daycare anyway. Lets continue building our castle” he claims happily and the younger replies with a wide smile.

“Its so pretty!!” Jaehwan says happily while looking at the sand castle that successfully built by Taekwoon and him.

Their moms also walk towards them with a warm smile.

Taekwoon’s mom speaks up “Wow.. such a beautiful castle.. are you going to live with daddy and mommy in this beautiful castle?”

Taekwoon shakes his head lightly and his mom frowns “why not?”

“Its for Hwannie and I. I will build another pretty castle with daddy and mommy.” He replies while smiling brightly at his mom.

Both their moms are going to melt at their cuteness.

Jaehwan looks at Taekwoon with an obvious blush and says “Hyungie and I are going to live happy and ever after like those in story book!”

Soon, it is time for them to go home. Both of them look upset because of the time flies without them knowing.

“You still can see each other tomorrow, kay? Let’s say goodbye boys~” Jaehwan’s mom says.

Taekwoon lets go of his mom’s hand and walks towards little Jaehwan who is standing beside his mom.

“Hyungie will see you tomorrow okay?” Taekwoon asks while holding the younger’s hand.

The younger nods with a smile. Taekwoon leaves a peck on Jaehwan’s face leaving the younger shocks “this is as a promise that hyungie will play with you tomorrow” Taekwoon says with a smile and leaves the playground with his mom.

That night, both the kids sleep with a smile on their face with the thought that tomorrow will be another good day and have a playdate again.

 


Hi!!! I'm back with update! So sorry for didn't update it for a long time. I was so busy with my assignments and test. Actually I'm having my finals now so I guess the next update will be around end of the month when I'm finished with my finals. Thank you and enjoy reading! ^^