You + I = Us

Drabblessss

 

It has been seven years since they are couple and three year they have been living together.

Taekwoon always thinks that life couldn’t be any better. He has Jaehwan by his side and they have gone through every hardships or obstacles together. He has a stable job as composer or music producer which allows him to have a flexible worktime or even work at home and have a stable income. Jaehwan also achieved his dream and became a teacher at a kindergarten. Despite both of them often having a heavy workload, they always make sure they have time for each other. Late night movies, weekends date, cuddles on bed…

However, Taekwoon feels that both of them became distant lately. Jaehwan has been busied himself with more and more workloads and even brought his work back home. Its has been weeks both of them didn’t spend time together. Every time when he tried to initiate some intimate moment or what, Jaehwan will reject him by saying “hyung, I’m tired…”. When Jaehwan left for work in the morning, he just simply peck on Taekwoon’s lips and bid a quick goodbye. When it’s bed time, he would just go to sleep without the usual cuddling session with Taekwoon.

 

-Taekwoon’s POV-

“Hwannie?” I walks towards Jaehwan who is busy preparing some materials for the next day class.

“Yes hyung?”

“Can we talk?”

“I’m busy hyung. All these have to be ready by tomorrow.”

“Jaehwan..” This time I raise my voice a bit.

“Can you wait till tomorrow? I need to…”

“Lee Jae Hwan! We are going to talk now. Now, not tomorrow. Stop your work.”

I grab his hand and drag him into our bedroom from his workplace.

 

In the room..

“Hyung! What are you doing? I need to finish all that” Jaehwan speaks when Taekwoon lightly push him onto the bed.

“I told you we need to talk” Taekwoon speaks sternly and stare at Jaehwan.

“Fine…” Jaehwan whispers quietly without looking at Taekwoon.

Taekwoon takes a seat beside Jaehwan and holds his hand.

Jaehwan does nothing but just stare at the floor.

“Hwanie, I want you to be honest with me, okay?”

“…..”

Taekwoon sighs at the moment when Jaehwan isn’t replying his question but choose to stare at the floor as if it has something interesting on it.

“Did I do something wrong?”

When Jaehwan heard the question, he is nothing but shocked. His eyes seem bigger than usual and quickly replies “No hyung.. You… I…” .

“Then what is it love? Lately you have been more worn out than before and you always look tired and depressed. You have been avoiding me as well. Are you.. perhaps… want to break up with me?” Taekwoon speaks slowly and he feels like his heart is breaking when the last question came out from his mouth.

Jaehwan finally looks at Taekwoon’s eye and says “No hyung! I love you! I love you more than anyone else. I don’t think I can live without you.” He finished his confession with a tight hug.

Taekwoon smiles lightly but a frown quickly takeover when he feels that his shirt turns wet and sniffles can be heard. “Hwannie? Why are you crying? Did something happen?”

Jaehwan pulls away from the hug and meets Taekwoon’s concerned and loving stare. “Hyung… I received a phone call from umma few weeks ago…”

Taekwoon can sense that there must be something bad. Jaehwan’s mother usually don’t make a phone call, she usually chooses to text them. He nods his head as a cue for Jaehwan to continue.

“She said someone has been inviting appa to start off a business with him. And appa has always been wanting to open a restaurant. He sees that as an opportunity and decided to accept him. However, end up it was just a trick. Now they are having debt and need money.” Jaehwan speaks quietly.

“and?” Taekwoon askes shortly after Jaehwan’s speech as he thinks that Jaehwan still missing some part of it.

“and I decided to help them. I took an offer to do some drawing for some publishers. This can help… help me to save more money in a shorter time.. I also worked extra hours as a babysitter at my kindergarten there to get a higher pay…”  Jaehwan speaks sadly.

Taekwoon can feel that his heart is arching when he listens to Jaehwan’s speech. He didn’t know that his lover has been going through all these alone and he didn’t take the initiative to settle these earlier. Taekwoon pulls him into a tight hug. “Hwannie.. why didn’t you tell me? I can help you.. you..”

Jaehwan cuts him off “hyung.. this is my family issue.. my problem.. I don’t want to trouble you.. and that’s not a small amount…”

“Jaehwan! How can you think like this? You have gone through every hardships with me. And now I will go through it with you as well. Your problem is my problem as well. There is US between two of us.. not you and I…”

“hyung……”

“let me help okay? I can’t see you suffer like this anymore. It hurts me…”

“…………… okay” Jaehwan nods and hug Taekwoon tightly.

“I love you hyung”

“I love you more”

That night, the works that on the study table has been long forgotten. Taekwoon tucks Jaehwan into bed and sings him a lullaby.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi people! :D

I will update as often as I can whenever I'm free or I have idea. Feel free to leave any comment or idea for me :)

Thank you! ^^