Scar

Drabblessss

Jaehwan sighs heavily and wakes up from his sleep. He has been hospitalized for the past two weeks after being robbed by some robbers after work when he was on the way back to his and his boyfriend's shared apartment. He touches his left cheek softly, the gauze feels so foreign under his touch. He feels like crying again.  

 

He still can recall vividly what happened that night. He was humming along his MP3 while texting his boyfriend, telling the other that he was going home. Suddenly, he was dragged into a narrow and dark alley by two strangers. They asked for money at first, and Jaehwan willingly gave them everything he had to avoid problem. He knew that he is too weak to fight the two strong and buff men. However, one of them tried to touch him inappropriately. Thus, he tried to fight, ended up got a cut on his cheek as they were fighting. Fortunately, someone passed by the alley at the same time and called for the police. He managed to escape from being by the robbers. Unfortunately, he got cuts and bruises on him and fainted because of an impact as he fell on the floor. He was sent to the hospital after that to get a treatment.  

 

He gets up from the bed and walks slowly to the washroom. Inside the washroom, he stands in front the mirror and examines himself. He looks so much paler, horrible than before, the only good thing is the bruises on his skin start to fade. He then slowly raise his hand to touch his cheek, touching the gauze softly while contemplating whether he should take it off to check his cheek. He takes up the courage and softly and slowly remove the gauze from his cheek. When the gauze finally off from his cheek, he closes his eyes tightly, not daring to look at the mirror. He knows that the cut is a bit big and deep, he hopes it will not leave any scar, at least not an obvious or big one.   

He slowly opens his eyes, raises his head to look into the mirror. The moment he sees himself in the mirror, his hand flies up to cover his mouth, silent tears flowing freely down his cheeks. The scar is so big and obvious, its almost as long as his finger. He cries hard but silently, he falls on his knee. He has no idea what he should do now. The scar is too big and the appearance is too deep colour in which he doubts the make up can cover it up or not.  

 

He cries and cries, feeling depress, upset and mostly dreaded. The only thought in his mind is, will Taekwoon still accept him after the elder sees the scar. His boyfriend, Taekwoon loves him dearly, cherishes him like there is no tomorrow. The elder always showers him with kisses, makes love to him with passion, praises him with endless compliments like 'you're so hot', 'you're so beautiful', 'you're so sweet and pretty'. He sighs again, but this time more depress and disappointed on himself, will the elder praises him beautiful again with the scar on his cheek.  

 

"Jaehwan? Love? Are you in?" he hears his lover asks outside the washroom. Jaehwan panics again and immediately takes the gauze in hand and quickly covers the scar again. He is not ready to face the elder, not ready to reveal his appearance yet. Hell, even himself can't accept his current look. If he has to comment about it, it is ugly, he looks ugly now or maybe scary because of the scar. He carefully open the door, only meets his boyfriend who is waiting for him with open arms standing in front of him.  

 

Taekwoon walks forward and hold the younger tight, "I miss you so much, baby. How are you feeling today?". Jaehwan only wants to cry more at the question. Will the elder still stay with him after knowing the scar? Will the elder accept him? Or the elder will be disgusted and leaves him? The thought of Taekwoon might leave him scares him to no end. He can't afford to lose the elder, Taekwoon is the only one he can depend on after he has been kicked out from his house by his parents because of his ual orientation. He doesn't know what to do or how should he goes on in life without the elder.  

 

Jaehwan only nods and whisper softly "I want to rest on bed". Taekwoon smiles softly and carries the younger to the bed. Once Jaehwan is laying comfortably on the bed, the elder takes a chair and sits beside him. The elder holds his hand in him, telling him what happened lately in his office and how the meeting went. The younger only nods now and then but keeps quiet all the time.  

 

When Taekwoon is talking half way, he notices something is different or weird. Jaehwan is usually talkative, although the younger has been more quiet ever since the incident, he is not that quiet. "Baby, are you okay?" Taekwoon asks worriedly and caresses the younger's right cheek. Jaehwan bursts out and cries at the moment the elder touches his cheek softly. "What happened? Are you hurt? Do I need to call the doctor?" Taekwoon immediately asks and examines the younger. 

 

"Hyung... I have something want to tell you... I understand if you want to leave me after this..." Jaehwan says softly and Taekwoon only stares at the younger with confusion. "What do you mean? I love you so much, baby" Taekwoon says and hold the younger's hand tightly. Jaehwan's hand slowly raises up to his left cheek, carefully but slowly remove the gauze. He stares at his lap nervously and points at his scar, "can you see this? I'm no longer pretty or beautiful.. I look ugly and maybe scary to you.. I don't people to laugh at you.. you look handsome and charming... but me? the only word that suitable for me is ugly..." Jaehwan says sadly and cries again.  

 

Taekwoon keeps quiet all the time and stares at his crying lover. "Just leave hyung. I can understand. don't feel sorry for me" Jaehwan says dejectly and lays down and turns to the side, not wanting to look at his boyfriend. He shuts his eyes and cries again, but this time is because he has lost the one he loves the most. Suddenly, he feels someone caressing his cheek. He slowly opens his eyes only can find that Taekwoon is caressing his cheek and still looks loving and caring.  

 

"Hyung?" Jaehwan calls nervously. Taekwoon only leans forward and pecks the younger's cheek softly. "I won't leave you. I love you so much. Don't you dare to think about I will leave you because of this. Actually, I already know about the scar much earlier" Taekwoon says and Jaehwan only stares at him with large eyes. "I have talk to doctor. The scar is quite hard to cover. One of the way to get rid of it will be laser but it will take a few treatment to make it totally invisible. If you really uncomfortable with the scar, we will go for the treatment. I will be with you every treatment". Jaehwan cries again, but this time feeling touch at the elder's confession. "I love you, my dear. Don't worry about anything. I will take care of everything. If the scar doesn't disappear after those treatments, I will get myself a scar too. Just remember, you will not be alone. I will be with you forever. You are stuck with me forever. Lee. Jae. Hwan." Taekwoon ends his speech and kiss the younger on the lips. 

 

Jaehwan looks at the elder, the elder's eyes only show love and determination. Suddenly, Jaehwan feels so silly to think that the elder will actually leave him earlier. He holds the elder's hand tightly, "What do I do to deserve someone amazing like you?". Taekwoon only smiles and says "I should be the one ask you that.."  

 


UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Leave some comments if you like it ^.^