Kitchen

Drabblessss

“Boys. Time to wake up” Taekwoon calls soft as he sees his sons sleeping soundly on their respective bed.

On the left, Wonshik is sleeping on the Spiderman’s theme bed sheet while hugging a puppy plushie. On the right, his brother Hongbin is sleeping on the Ironman’s theme bed sheet while hugging a teddy bear. He smiles slightly at the adorable twins. The kids are undeniably cute and sweet but surely trouble makers. He keeps remind himself that once the kids are awake, the peacefulness will be gone.

He decides to wake the younger twin, Hongbin first as the older is a heavy sleeper. “Binnie~ wake up.. it’s morning already” he says softly and ruffles the kid’s hair. Hongbin opens his eyes slowly, staring at his father sleepily, “appa?”. Taekwoon nods and carries the kid in his arm, “let’s wake your hyung okay?”.  Hongbin nods with a smile and get out from his father’s arms the latches himself on his brother.

“Wonshikieee~ Wakey wakey!!!” Hongbin yells at his brother’s ear. Wonshik opens his eyes and glares at his brother who disturbed his peaceful sleep. “Are you awake?” Hongbin asks cheerfully, not noticing the grumpy look on his brother’s face. “Yea yea, I’m awake.. get off now” Wonshik says grumpily and pushes his brother.

“Don’t be mean to your brother” Taekwoon says and opens his arm widely. The older twin immediately goes to his father’s embrace, enjoying the warm. “Where is umma?” Hongbin asks while hugging his father’s long leg.

“Umma has some errand to be done. He will be back around afternoon” Taekwoon answers softly and picks up Hongbin. He then walks out from the room with both kids in his arms. “No umma?” Wonshik asks sadly and stares at his father. “But I want umma makes breakfast for me” Hongbin says softly, soft cheek pressing against his father’s shoulder.

“Umma will be back soon. Appa will make breakfast for you. Do pancakes sound nice?” Taekwoon asks and places both kids on their respective chairs at the dining table. Both kids just nod silently, looks upset at the news there their mother is not there with them.

Taekwoon sighs innerly and starts to prepare breakfast for the kids. He can’t blame the kids for being clingy and dependent on their mother as he knows that Jaehwan has been spending most of his time taking care of the kids when he is out there working hard to earn money.

After a not so peaceful breakfast as the kids complain that their father’s cooking skills are the worst in the world, Taekwoon decides to play with the kids. He wants to spend some quality time with the kids with his free time. They say kids grow up very fast, and Taekwoon does not want to waste any moment. He wasn’t there when the kids learnt how to walk, how to talk, how to feed themselves while holding the plastic spoon with their tiny hand, and he wants to treasure the chance to make memorable memories with the kids.

“Appa, what are we having for lunch?” Wonshik asks out of sudden when three of them are watching cartoon at the living room. Each of them is sitting beside Taekwoon while clinging on their father.

“Appa, please tell me you’re not going to cook for us” Hongbin says while blinking his doe eyes, still feeling trauma over the terrible pancakes they had in the morning. Taekwoon pouts at this son’s statement. He knows that he isn’t good in cooking, Jaehwan is always the one who in charge of cooking while he is only good in brewing coffees. Just when Taekwoon wants to ask his kids’ opinion about calling McDonald for lunch delivery, the door of their house opens.

“Babies~ I’m back!” Jaehwan announces his presence loudly. Both the kids immediately climb down from the couch and run to their mother. “Are you two behaving? Did you cause any trouble?” Jaehwan asks as he pecks the kids’s forehead and carry them in his arms.

“I miss you so much” Wonshik says sweetly and caress his mom’s cheek with his tiny hand. “I miss umma more!” Hongbin whines and swatting away his brother’s hand from Jaehwan. “Boys. What did I told you?” Jaehwan asks softly and stare at the kids. “Be nice to each other and no fighting” both the kids choruses. Jaehwan nods with a satisfied smile and places the kids on the couch.

“Hey you” Jaehwan greets Taekwoon who has been standing at the living room for the whole time. “I miss you so much, babe” Taekwoon says and hugs his wife tightly. “Are everything settle now?” he asks as he recalls that the younger went out to settle some documents. Jaehwan nods and tips toes to peck the elder’s lips. Just when Taekwoon wants to make the kiss more intense, the kids interrupt them. They said kids are ers, and I have two at home, Taekwoon thinks and curses silently.  

“Umma~ Binnie and Wonshikie are hungry~” both the kids whine together and rub their empty stomach. Jaehwan chuckles and pulls away, whispering softly beside his husband’s ear “I guess we have to wait for another time”. Taekwoon smiles at the statement.

“What do you guys want for lunch?” Jaehwan asks and Hongbin immediately replies “as long as it does not taste bitter and not black in colour!”. Jaehwan looks at the kids confusedly as he doesn’t understand Hongbin’s statement. The older twin, Wonshik who notices the confusion on his mother’s face explains “Appa makes pancakes this morning. Its burnt! All blackie…” .

Jaehwan chuckles again at the explanation and looks at his husband who is looking down due to embarrassment. “Its okay. Umma will make you favorite kimbap for lunch okay?” Jaehwan asks with a warm smile on his face. “Yayyyy!!” the kids exclaims cheerfully and runs to the kitchen, trying to climb up the high chair.

“I guess you are banned from entering the kitchen anymore” Jaehwan says teasingly to his husband. “Yahhhh! At least I tried” Taekwoon defends himself and follows his husband to the kitchen to help in preparing lunch.


An update! Enjoy reading!

For those who are also readers for the story 'Love? Loved?', I'm sorry that you have wait somemore for the update as I lost my pendrive ><