Change

Drabblessss

Taekwoon is sitting at corner of the classroom, quietly with his usual poker face on.

Everyone in the room is used to that. Taekwoon is always quiet, calm, cool and expressionless. Some of them even doubt whether this cold person has emotion.

Taekwoon knows he may looks rude to others. Whenever there is someone who wants to talk him, he do reply them coldly without any trace of emotion. He knows that people do judge, especially someone like him who choose to be alone instead of mingle around like most of the university students do.

Of cause, he has emotions as well. He is a human too. He knows how to smile, laugh, show emotions and even socialize with people. It’s just that he only uses and applies them whenever he thinks is essential or he thinks if the person worth it. Although his friends and family have been advising him about that, but he didn’t show any changes or improvements. His friends and family are already used to it and they think that is pointless to change Taekwoon.

Taekwoon is content with his life now and he doesn’t think that he need to change. At least that’s what he thinks for now.

However, this thought soon crumbled by the moment a new transferred student steps into the class.

“Hi, I’m Jaehwan but you can call me Ken. Nice to meet you” the new student greets.

The moment Taekwoon looks at Jaehwan, he feels the needs to know him, to talk to him.

On that spot, Taekwoon makes a decision which results in a major change in his life.

-Taekwoon’s side of view-

After the class, Taekwoon takes a deep breath and walks towards Jaehwan who is already get ready to leave the class.

“Hey”

The shorter of two looks up with a smile “Hi?”

Taekwoon’s heart skips a beat at the smile and he practically can hear his heart pumping loud against his chest.

“Hmm.. do you want to walk around the campus? I mean.. you’re new and I can show you around” he asks while silently wishes that Jaehwan to agree with him.

A wide smile found its way on Jaehwan’s face with a shy nod.

As they walk around, they talk about their life, hobbies, interests and others.

As the conversation goes on, he finds that Jaehwan is actually 2 years younger than him. The younger actually share the passion as him in music. Jaehwan is bubbly, cheerful, cute and undeniably lovable.

-End of Taekwoon’s side of view-

Ever since that day, Taekwoon finds himself always by Jaehwan’s side. Whenever you see Taekwoon, you can see Jaehwan as well.

Of cause, Taekwoon’s friends have realized the changes in this usual quiet friend. Taekwoon starts to speak more than usual, smiles more often.

Taekwoon knows that he has changed, from a quiet person to a more lively person.

Today, as usual, he is hanging out with Jaehwan at a café nearby their campus.

Despite Jaehwan’s cheerful personality, he is actually kind of shy in front of Taekwoon. When Taekwoon offers a bite of his cake to the younger, the younger blushes madly but accept it with a shy smile.

After that, they decide to have a walk at a park nearby.

Jaehwan is sitting under a tree and humming a song happily.

Taekwoon looks at him lovingly before taking a seat beside the younger.

He finds that the younger has a really soothing and nice voice, a voice that can calm him, lace with warm and passion for music.

They have a moment of silent after Jaehwan finished the last song a while ago.

“Jaehwan?” Taekwoon calls and breaks the silence.

“Yes hyung?” Jaehwan smiles brightly and looks at the elder.

Taekwoon takes a deep breath. He doesn’t know why but he feels like has to confess at the moment. Everything is so right, the surroundings, the warm feeling. Everything is so right when Jaehwan is with him.

“Hmm.. as you know.. I am a quiet person.. or I should I say I was… I am content with my life and didn’t think before that I would change for anyone up until.. until I met you.. you catch my eyes at the moment you enter the lecture hall. You’re everything that I am not. You’re perfect. And .. and I think both of us complement each other well.. You change me ever since the moment you came into my life.. I change to be a better person..” Taekwoon pauses for a while but his eyes not leaving the blushing younger and continues “I’m not perfect but I will change.. I will change to the person that you adore.. I like.. I love you… do you want to be my boyfriend?” he ends his speech with a question while looking at his own feet.

He feels like running away, flee from the scene because Jaehwan has been silent without any response for a while after his confession. He starts to think that maybe its rejection.

“Hyung..” Jaehwan says softly and looks directly at the elder.

“I’m sorry.. I shouldn’t have said that” Taekwoon cuts off Jaehwan’s sentence and turns around ready to leave.

Jaehwan quickly grab the elder’s wrist “hyung.. look at me.. hyung…”

Taekwoon turns around and faces the younger again.

“Hyung.. you don’t have to change for me.. you don’t change for the one you love.. you are amazing in everyway.. I love you just the way you are.. don change for me, hyung.. and yes.. I will be your boyfriend..” Jaehwan ends his speech and hugs the elder tightly.

Taekwoon’s sad expression suddenly change to a bright one and pulls away from the hug.

“I love you, Lee Jaehwan” he says and kisses the younger softly on the lips.

 


I'm back!!! :D Enjoy reading! :)