Rainy night

Drabblessss

It is a raining night. The sound of rain drops only makes Jaehwan miss his quiet boyfriend more. It reminds him that how the elder would hold him and lull him to sleep. It reminds him that the elder has confessed to him on a rainy night where the elder promised to protect Jaehwan from the thunder, lightning and nightmares.

Jaehwan quickly puts down his book on his nightstand and leaves his bedroom as soon as he hears the one of his younger group members announced their arrival at the dorm.

As soon as he enters the living room, he can see that other members are gathering their group subunit LR who just came back from schedules and promotion.

The moment he looks he looks at his quiet lover, he can’t help but worry for the elder as the dark circle on the elder’s face has been more obvious than before. His boyfriend looks tired and need a lot of rest. He wants to walk forward to give Taekwoon a warm hug, to cuddle with him and sleep together.

However, he knows that he can’t do it. They have agreed to keep their relationship as a secret, so he is not able to do something intimate in front of the members. He knows he has to hold the urge to do so but he really miss the older lately.

They have been spending lesser time together than usual. Jaehwan miss the elder, he wants to fall asleep in his boyfriend’s embrace. It has been weeks he falls asleep by himself or fall asleep as he stares at the quiet lover’s sleeping face.

Just as he wants to talk to Taekwoon, the elder announces that he will swap his room with Hongbin for the night to share a room with Wonshik because LR will be having a morning schedule the next day and he doesn’t want to disturb other members. Jaehwan sighs at the announcement.

Doesn’t he know how much I hate thunder? Doesn’t he knows how thunder always remind me of those nightmares, the bullies, the day when dad left mom and I alone at the house without anything? Doesn’t he knows I can’t sleep well on rainy night? Doesn’t he know that I need him to hold me, comfort me? Jaehwan thinks sadly and feels like his tears are going to fall.

Jaehwan quietly leaves the scene and walks to his room. On his way back, he found an arm wraps around his shoulder. He almost smiles at the thought that maybe his boyfriend has finally remembers him but it quickly changes to frown when he finds that its Hongbin. “Jaehwan hyung~ aren’t you excited? We are going to share a room tonight~ it has been a long time since I last share a room with you~” Hongbin says excitedly and Jaehwan replies weakly “yea.. let’s sleep”. Hongbin nods and drags Jaehwan into the bedroom happily.

Jaehwan has been laying on his bed for 1 hour and Hongbin has fall asleep. He wants to sleep badly but he can’t. He has been so upset on the thought that his boyfriend has forgot about him. The loud thunder outside doesn’t help at all and even reminds him of his sad past. His mind is such a mess now and he didn’t realize that he has been crying. As the memories come like a wave, he can’t hold it anymore and unconsciously whimpers. He quietly walks to living room to avoid from waking up Hongbin. He doesn’t want other people to see him at this state. He wants to remain his happy, bubbly image of Ken in front of people.

He find himself hugging himself at the corner of the living room and tears are falling non stop.

Why can’t I stop crying? I should have overcome all these. I should have overcome my fear. He uses his left hand to clamp his mouth to muffle his cry. He is so immerse in his emotion and didn’t realize that someone has walks into the living room and is staring at him intently.

“Jaehwan…” a familiar voice that reminds him of the warm, protection reaches his ears.

“Taek… Taekwoon hyung..” He looks up and finds that his boyfriend is kneeling in front of him and looking at him worriedly.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t swap room with Hongbin. I should have be with you” Taekwoon says and pulls Jaehwan into a tight embrace.

“Hyung… it was so scary.. everything is haunting me.. how appa leaves umma and I.. how the seniors abuse me at school.. how…” Jaehwan says in between his cry and Taekwoon quickly interjects “its okay.. everything is okay now.. I’m here.. everything will be fine”. the elder says while the younger’s hair.

“Lets sleep..” Taekwoon says while carrying Jaehwan in bridal style. “But hyung.. Hongbin…” Jaehwan says while staring at the older.

T : Just sleep on the same bed.

J : but hyung.. I thought we promised..

*a kiss on the lips*

T : Screw it. I can’t leave you alone like this. I don’t care about others. You are what matter to me now

Taekwoon says and places Jaehwan on the latter’s bed and sleep beside the younger but not before pulling the younger into his embrace.

“I’m sorry for everything, Jae. I love you.” Taekwoon says and hold Jaehwan even tighter.

“Everything is fine as long as hyungie is here” Jaehwan says with a smile and place his head on the elder’s chest.

You’re the only thing that matters to me. I’m your protector and lover. Don’t be afraid and I will always be with you. Taekwoon thinks.

As long as you’re with me, nothing is scary anymore. Whenever you’re with me, I feel safe. Jaehwan thinks.

The rainy night may bring up sad memories or unpleasant past. However, it does bring up sweet memory as well. The night starts with a sad beginning but ended sweetly. It is a bitter yet sweet rainy night.   


Hi people! an update!!! by the way, the requests are in progress and I will upload it soon ^.^

Thank you!