Present

Drabblessss

Its finally Christmas. Mama Hongbin thinks happily as he wraps some presents with those Christmas theme wrapping papers. At the same time, papa Sanghyuk is having a hard time to bath his 28 months old baby Jaehwan. The baby is always well behave and listen to the adults. Yet, it changes when it comes to bath. Sanghyuk is happy that his baby loves water, at least he doesn’t have to drag his baby into the bath tub and force the baby to take bath. However, his son loves water too much, to a point that the baby plays water more than taking a bath. The bath always end up like a water war. Ever since they realize Jaehwan always makes taking bath like a war, Sanghyuk volunteers to bath with the baby as Hongbin is tired from taking care of their baby almost 24/7.

“la la la la la la la la~~” Little Jaehwan sings happily while grabbing his towel tightly. Behind him, you can see Sanghyuk chasing him with clothes on his hand, “Baby~ don’t run!!”. Jaehwan giggles while continue running, enjoying the tag game between him and his father. Suddenly, Hongbin appears in front of him and immediately carries the running baby in his arms, “you’re caught, little man!”. Baby Jaehwan pouts, “Meanie! Hwannie down! Hwannie down!”, he screams while kicking his legs in the air. “Baby.” Hongbin says with a low tone and Jaehwan immediately behaves himself. At his young age, Jaehwan already knows that an angry Hongbin is not easy to deal with. Papa Sanghyuk is always gentle to him, spoils him and rarely raise voice at him while mama Hongbin is always caring and sweet but scary when he gets angry. “Opps~ someone is in trouble.” Sanghyuk says cheekily but quickly walks over to his wife and baby, afraid that his baby will get scold on this happy Christmas.

“You know you shouldn’t run away after bath, right? You know you will get a cold if you run , right?”Hongbin says coldly while letting Jaehwan stands on his own feet. The baby’s eyes suddenly fills with tears. “Don’t scold my precious baby” Sanghyuk immediately brings the baby into his arms. Hongbin sighs, his husband is always like this, pampers their son. “Hwan.. Hwannie … is.. sor.. sorry..” Jaehwan says softly while wrapping his thin arms around Sanghyuk’s neck tightly. “Baby, come here” Hongbin says and carry Jaehwan from Sanghyuk, “Forgive mommy, okay? Mommy is just worry”. Jaehwan immediately shows his angelic smile and leans forward to kiss his mom’s cheek. Both the adults smiles unknowingly at their cute baby.

----At the same time, at another house across the street----

“Taek~ Come help me decorate the cupcakes will you?” Mama Hakyeon asks sweetly and the 5 years old kid immediately put down his toy and enters the kitchen. The kid takes his seat at his usual spot at the dining table and decorates the cupcakes with cream with his small hands. “Our baby is a good boy isn’t he?” Hakyeon says when papa Wonshik enters the kitchen with a cup of coffee. Wonshik nods and leans down to kiss his son on the lips.

Little Taekwon is embarrassed but still happily at the complements his parents gave. “Umma, is Hwannie coming later?”, Taekwoon asks with a soft voice. Both the adults smile at the question, their son is always so fond of their friends’ baby, taking initiative to play with the baby or take care of the younger. “Yes, he is, honey.” Hakyeon answers sweetly and Taekwoon smiles widely. Taekwoon takes two cupcake from the tray and decorates them with the letter ‘J’ and ‘H’ on them. “Mommy, I want to give these to Hwannie later.” he says shyly and shows his mother the two cupcakes that he specially decorates. “Aww~~ You’re so sweet. Go and help your clumsy appa to wrap up the presents, okay?” Hakyeon says and places those nicely decorated cupcakes aside.

Taekwoon walks to the living room only to see his appa Wonshik struggling to wrap those presents. “Appa! You should tape at the side so that it can be wrapped nicely” he says softly and sits beside Wonshik. The adult smiles with embarrassment as he is corrected by his son. Wonshik follows his son’s instruction and finally can wrap those presents presentable. “Sweetie, go and take a bath okay? Or you want bath with appa?” Wonshik asks as he places those presents under the Christmas tree in their living room. “Can Taekwoonie bath with appa? Please?” Taekwoon asks while looking at Wonshik with his feline eyes. Wonshik nods and laughs, carries his precious baby in his arms and runs to bathroom. Hakyeon smiles at the affectionate father and son.

----Later at the evening----

Taekwoon is singing along the Christmas carol with a Christmas hat on his head. He glances at the clock, realizes that it is already 7 in the evening, it means his Jaehwannie is coming soon. He runs to the windows and looking at a particular house across the street.

Hakyeon chuckles at his son’s cute action, “our son looks like you, don’t you think?” he asks Wonshik who is standing beside him. “Why you say so?” Wonshik asks and Hakyeon answers “Do you remember you the days you always standing outside the classroom and stalked me through the window?”. Wonshik smiles and leans forward to hug his wife but their lovey dovey is disturbed at their son’s happy scream. “Appa! Umma! Jaehwannie is coming!” Taekwoon exclaims happily as he sees a couple is carrying a cute baby in their arms walking towards his house. “Sweetie~ chill chill” Wonshik says and walks to the door while gesturing Taekwoon to come to the door as well.

“Why are you all waiting for us at the door? It’s cold” Sanghyuk says as soon as they reach Wonshik’s house. “Because my son is waiting for your son.” Wonshik says and looks at Taekwoon who is staring at Jaehwan who is snuggling against his papa Sanghyuk’s chest. Sanghyuk and Hongbin look at Wonshik with a knowing smile and enter the house. Sanghyuk lets Jaehwan down and the baby immediately runs to Taekwoon. “Hyungie hyungie~~ Hwannie huggie huggie~~” Jaehwan exclaims happily and spreads his arms. Taekwoon smiles and hug the younger “Merry Christmas, Jaehwannie~”. Jaehwan who is still young and doesn’t know about Christmas just smiles at the elder as a reply.

During the dinner, the adults chat happily, reminiscing their old times. The kids sit beside each other and Taekwoon is trying to feed Jaehwan or helps the younger to eat his meal. “Hwannie, are you full?” Hongbin asks as he sees his baby has cleared the plate which is previously piled up with food. Jaehwan nods furiously and says “Hwannie is full~ full full~ Can Hwannie play with hyungie now?”. Taekwoon smiles and helps Jaehwan to get down from the high chair.

After playing for some times, the adults gather around the living room and ask the kids to come out from the playroom. The two adorable kids sits on a small couch at living room while staring at the Christmas tree, more specifically at the presents under the tree. “Does our Jaehwannie wants a present?” Sanghyuk asks with a warm smile. Jaehwan nods cutely and says “Yes! Hwannie has been a good baby!”. The adults laugh but proceed to give present to the kids. Taekwoon receives a robot from his parents and a football from the Hyukbin couple while Jaehwan receives a huge teddy bear from his parents and a set of toy cars from the Navi couple.

Jaehwan’s eyes shine brightly at the present, “Hwannie loves presents!” he exclaims. Taekwoon thanks to the adults and play the new robot with Jaehwan who is sitting beside him. “Taekwoonie, don’t you have prepared something for Jaehwannie?” Hakyeon asks Taekwoon who is playing happily with the cute baby and forgot about the present. “Oh ya!” Taekwoon says and runs to his room. “Hyungie!!!” Jaehwan shouts with a pout, thought that the elder leaves him alone. The baby stares at the stair and starts whimpering, upset at the thought that the elder abandons him. Jaehwan starts to cry as he doesn’t see Taekwoon comes down from the stairs.

“Shh~ shhh~ baby don’t cry..” Hongbin says immediately rushes to his son. Little Jaehwan wraps his arm around his mommy and says “Hyungie leaves Hwanie”. Hakyeon coos at the baby’s cuteness and how the baby is so dependent on his son. Hongbin his son’s hair while humming, calming his baby.

“Why are you crying Hwannie?” Taekwoon asks as soon as he reaches the living room, looks worry since his favorite baby Jaehwan is crying. As soon as the baby sees his favorite hyung, he immediately squirms and wanting to get down on his feet. Jaehwan hugs Taekwoon tightly and whines “Why hyungie leaves Hwannie?”. Taekwoon feels guilty and says “Hyungie go get present for Hwannie~ see~” he shows the nicely wraps present to the cute baby. Jaehwan smiles at the present, “Yay! Hwannie present!”. The adults laughs at Jaehwan’s action, he changes from an upset baby to an excited baby in a second.

Taekwoon smiles brightly at Jaehwan who looks happier than ever. Taekwoon got him a cute cap with Chopper on it. Jaehwan looks happy but turns upset again, “But Hwannie didn’t prepare any present for hyungie..” he whisper softly. “Its okay” Taekwoon says and pats the baby’s head. Suddenly, Jaehwan thinks of something, he thinks of something that he may give the elder as a present.

Baby Jaehwan leans forward while tipping his toes, pecks the elder’s lips. “Ta-da! Hwannie’s present for hyungie!” Jaehwan exclaims proudly leaving Taekwoon blushing madly at the kiss. They wraps up their night with a Christmas theme movie and ends up Jaehwan is staying over at Wonshik’s house.

On Taekwoon’s bed, you can see a cute baby is hugging the elder kid tightly. Before Wonshik offs the light of the room, he whispers softly to Taekwoon, “I guess you got your best present this Christmas.”. Taekwoon blushes and looks at the cute baby sleeping beside him, he nods with a smile.

Hwannie is my present…


Update on Christmas eve! Kid!au~~~

Comment! comment!