Family day (Zoo)

Drabblessss

Today is finally the day both the families will be spending their family day together. Hakyeon had called Hongbin one day before, saying that he volunteered to prepare breakfast for everyone of them and eat together before leaving since they are neighbor.

Hakyeon is humming while preparing 6 servings of pancakes because this is the easiest recipe which can be done in the shortest time. Taekwoon, being a good and obedient son, wakes up earlier than usual to help his mother to prepare breakfast while his dad, Wonshik, lets just say his dad loves the bed too much to wake up early. In 30 minutes, Hakyeon has done with the breakfast with a big jug of freshly blended orange juice with the help of Taekwoon. “Taek, go wake your father up. Jaehwan’s family is coming soon” Hakyeon says while glancing at the clock and earns a nod from his son.

Few minutes later, Taekwoon and Wonshik are coming down from the stairs hand in hand. To be exact, the son is dragging his dad. Wonshik groans “It’s Sunday and I need to sleep”. Taekwoon is slightly upset at his father’s reaction because he is really excited for the day. Wonshik notices his son’s change of expression and immediately says “but I will do whatever to make my little prince happy~ Does Taekwoonie likes appa?”. Taekwoon immediately smiles and hugs his father, “I love appa!”. Just as both of them are in their own world, the door bell rings, indicating the arrival of the Hyukbin couple with their son, Jaehwan.

Both the families have a pleasant breakfast that fills with laughter. After breakfast, they get ready to go the zoo. They get on Wonshik’s 7-seaters car in which both the father at the front, mothers at the middle row and the kids occupy the last row. The drive to the zoo is another pleasant time after the breakfast, both the kids are singing loudly or playing with each other with some toys that they brought along. “I think our sons are inseparable” Hakyeon says and Hongbin agrees by saying “I can imagine their wedding. Hyukie, they are going to be so sweet.” The four adults are laughing loudly and the kids have no idea about what’s going on but choose to continue playing.

As soon as they reach the zoo, both kids scream excitingly and run towards the ticket booth. “Both of you stop running~ you don’t want to get a boo boo, do you?” Hongbin reminds and the kids immediately stop running but walk towards the booth hand in hand. They enter the zoo immediately after buying their tickets. Hongbin is busy taking pictures, Hakyeon is busy taking pictures or it should be busy taking selca, Wonshik and Sanghyuk look after the kids while both the kids look at those animals and non stop laughing due to their excitement.

When they reach an area in which there are different species of monkeys, Jaehwan’s eyes brighten up. He lets go of Taekwoon’s hand and walks closer to the fence, wants to see the monkeys more clearly. Taekwoon pouts at the younger’s action and reaches out to hold the younger’s hand again. “Hyungiee.. don’t you think they are cute?” Jaehwan asks when he sees Taekwoon holds his hand again and earns a nod from the elder. Before they leave the area to go see other animals, Jaehwan exclaims that monkey is his favorite animal out of the others.

Soon, their eyes fall on a few lions that are walking around in a secured fence. Taekwoon is so focus on his favorite animal and doesn’t notice the hold on his hand tighten. He is about to ask whether the younger is having fun but he hears soft whimpering from the younger. “Hwannie, what’s wrong?” he asks worriedly, afraid that the younger is hurt or what. “Lion is scary… Hwannie is scared…” Jaehwan says softly and hides behind the elder when he sees a lion is walking towards his direction. Taekwoon turns around and hugs the younger “Hyungie is here.. no one will hurt you” he says with assurance. “Really?” Jaehwan asks and Taekwoon only nods and tighten his hug. The adults who watch the scene coo at their cuteness and fluffiness. How can a kid be so sweet and caring? They thought.

By the end of the day, all of them are dead tired especially the kids who have been running and playing around. On the ride back, Jaehwan is sleeping soundly snuggles to Taekwoon and the elder has fallen asleep with his arms around the younger. Hongbin who likes to take picture doesn’t miss the chance to take the picture of it, saving the cute scene as a sweet memory.

Before they back to their respective home, Taekwoon leaves a soft kiss on Jaehwan’s forehead who is still sleeping in his father’s arms. “I think my baby is going to be sleeping beauty for tonight” Sanghyuk jokes and Wonshik replies by saying “my son will be the prince who saves him then”. The adults are laughing again and Taekwon storms his feet “Shh! You will wake Jaehwanie up!”.

Both the families bid goodbye once again and back to their respective but not before they make promise to spend next family day together again. 


Sequel for my previous story, Family day. Enjoy reading! :D