Love

Drabblessss

Jaehwan is sitting against the lockers, crying with his face in his palms trying to muffle his sobs. He doesn’t know that it will hurt so much. He does think before the possibility of the incident may happen. He does know that he is just a friend, nothing more. What he doesn’t know is, everything comes to an end so fast.

-30 minutes ago-

Jaehwan was on his way going to the cafeteria to have lunch with his friends. He always feels the happiest at this time because it is the only time he can have a meal with his forever crush, Taekwoon. Taekwoon is elder than him by 2 years and from science stream, which makes Jaehwan who is younger and from art stream has totally different schedules and building from the elder.

Usually, he would straightly goes to the cafeteria but today he decided to go the library to borrow some reference books first since it was on the way. He exited the library happily, hugging the books closely, thinking that he has got enough resources to do his assignments. Just when he wanted to make a right turn to go the cafeteria, he saw a familiar person standing not far away from him with a girl standing in front of the guy. Just by the side view, Jaehwan can 120% sure that the guy was Taekwoon. Despite all the students wearing the same high school uniform. Jaehwan always thinks that the elder stands out from the others. The power of love, they say.

Out of curiosity, Jaehwan decided to high behind a tree and peeked over them while trying to eavesdrop their conversation. His eyes grew wide in shock as he heard the girl, Dara confessed to the elder. His legs went numb and he fell on the floor when he saw the elder nodded his head and accepted the confession.

‘Afterall, I’m just a friend of him...’ Jaehwan thought sadly and left the scene.

-Flashback end-

Jaehwan is supposed to go for his class now. However, he is too sad and weak to move. So, he decided to skip his remaining class and goes to the rooftop instead.

‘it’s over I guess’ he thinks sadly as he laying on his back and stares at the sky. He has been loving the elder for 2 years ever since he first met the elder. He thought he can finally have a chance when his friend’s Wonshik introduced him to the elder. All of his friends know that he loves Taekwoon, just the elder is oblivious of everything. He considers to confess before but he is too shy to do so. Although he always looks bubbly and outgoing, he becomes very shy when comes to all this love- relationship issues. The bell rings indicating the class has finished for the day. He stands up and walks towards his class to collect his stuff and gets ready to go home.

By the time he reaches his class, he sees Wonshik is standing by his desk and waiting for him. He smiles at the younger weakly and the younger returns with a smile. Wonshik gives him a warm hug “its okay, hyung.. you can find someone that is much more better than Taekwoon hyung”. Jaehwan gives a small smile and quickly bids goodbye with the younger before going home.

One week has passed. For the past week, Jaehwan has been having lunch at somewhere else. He hears from Wonshik that Taekwoon’s girlfriend always tags along during lunch. He wants to act like he is okay, but he can’t help but feel like his tears going to fall when he sees the couple being lovey dovey towards each other.

He is sitting by the window in the library now. It has become part of his daily routine ever since he decides to avoid from meeting Taekwoon. Just when he wants to start doing his homework, someone has walks towards his table and sits opposite him at the same table. The moment he looks up from his book, he sees the love of his life, Taekwoon is staring at him intently.

J : Taek.. Taekwoon hyung?

T : Are you avoiding me?

J : What? I’m not.

T : You have been not coming to cafeteria for some time and do not hang out with us anymore even on weekends.

J : You think too much hyung. I just need more time to do revision for the upcoming test.

T : Lets go.

Taekwoon pulls Jaehwan up from his seat and drags him out from the library and walks towards the basketball court.

J : Let go of me, hyung.

Taekwoon ignores the younger and continue dragging the younger and holds him even tighter. He only lets go of the younger when they reach a bench beside the court.

J : What do you want hyung?

T : I overheard Wonshik’s conversation with Hakyeon the other day. They said that the reason you have been missing from the cafeteria and hangout is because of me. Why?

J : I told you its not because of you. I need more time to do revision.

T : Don’t lie to me, you’re the top student in school and you score well even though you don’t study much.

Jaehwan sighs and looks at the floor. He wants to run away, wants to get away from the scene, away from the elder. The memory that Taekwoon accepts Dara’s confession comes across in his mind again. It hurts, it hurts a lot.

J : Do you really want to know the reason?

Taekwoon nods.

J : Fine. I… I like you.. In fact, I love you. It hurts when I see you and Dara noona being lovey dovey in front of me. I’m just a nobody for you I know. I know we are just friend and I shouldn’t be selfish to do something that will affect our friendship but it hurts. It hurts a lot.

Jaehwan finishes his speech and collapse on the floor while crying. Taekwoon is stun at the confession. He knows that the younger has a special place in his heart. He always wants to protect and hug the younger whenever he saw him. However, he feels that it is wrong for him to love another man. Thus, he decides to move on and accept Dara’s confession. He thought has made the right decision up until now. He looks at Jaehwan who is crying helplessly while hugging himself. He feels hurt, he wants to hug the younger and tells him everything is alright. He wants to tell him that he is in love with him as well. But he doesn’t want to admit it before this. He walks towards the younger and pulls him into a tight hug.

J : I look pathetic now. Don’t feel bad for me. Leave me alone.

T : No

J : LET ME GO! DON’T YOU HURT ME ENOUGH? WHAT DO YOU WANT?

T : I love you too.

J : its not funny

T : its true. I love you. I fall for you ever since that day Wonshik introduced you to me. But I thought it was wrong. I thought it was wrong to love a man. And I thought you don’t like me in the way I like you since we didn’t make any progress after knowing each other for sometimes. So I decided to give up and move on. I’m sorry for didn’t notice it earlier and hurt you a lot. Can you forgive me and give me a chance? Do you want to be my boyfriend?

J : but.. Dara noona…

T : I will talk to her. So, are you going to be my boyfriend?

Jaehwan nods in Taekwoon’s embrace. It feels like a dream if you ask him. He is the edge of breaking down and fall apart but his crush confesses to him instead. Not far away from them, their group of friends as well as Dara are standing there and watching the whole scene.

“Tell Taekwoon that we’re breaking up for me” Dara says sadly before leaving.

One week later

Jaehwan is having his lunch happily at the cafeteria sitting beside his boyfriend, Taekwoon. Everyone can see that they are a happy, sweet couple. Taekwoon has been a sweet and caring boyfriend who takes care of the younger while Jaehwan has been a supportive boyfriend who attends the elder’s every football practice.

“Aren’t they the sweetest couple in the school?” Wonshik says happily while looking at his friends. Finally, everyone is happy and be with their loves one.


Finally!! An update with highschool!au :)

Hope you all like it ^.^