Rumors

Drabblessss

The title may not seem too matching with the story. I'm sorry for it since I can't come up with a better title. >.<


As usual, Taekwoon entered the class much earlier than others. There were reasons why he always chose to be the first one to enter the class. First, he would like to enjoy some time alone before the class starts. Second, he gets to his favourite spot in the hall the seat beside the window at the last row. Lastly, he gets to look at his crush for a longer time. The later always entered the class few minutes after Taekwoon. They didn’t talk to each other before, just simple greetings and smiles or nods. Taekwoon wished they could be friends, but he never have the courage to initiate a conversation. Besides, his crush seems to be a quiet person who dislikes attention and many rumors spreads around about his personal life. Although he didn’t know his crush personally, but deep down he knew that the later was a good person who did not deserve to be isolated by others. His crush was no other than the pride of the choir club, Lee Jaehwan.

Lee Jaehwan, 23 years old, a year 2 student who currently taking music as his major. He is not an active university student, he didn’t join any club activity except the choir club. He tried to make friends and mingle around the campus. However, the rumors that spread around were hindering him from doing so. He was aware of the rumors but he decided to ignore it. The last thing he wanted to happen is to attract unwanted attention. From others’ eyes, he seem like a normal university student who take part time job after class, attending every lectures and did well in examination. However, rumors started to spread around when people spot him always bringing a toddler around, when people found that he was living alone at a small apartment downtown. Some rumors said that he is single-parent who being abandoned by his own boyfriend, some said that he was a that’s why he ended up having a kid at such a young age, some even said that he was earning illegally because it was hard to survive when you live alone as an university student and he even has a child and many other rumors. He was upset by it at first, but he realized that he couldn’t do anything with it. What’s the point of clearing things up when people tend to only believe in what they assume to be true?


 

Today, as usual, Taekwoon was having his lunch with his bestfriends Hakyeon and Wonshik at the campus’s cafeteria. He stopped eating the minute he spotted his crush sitting not far away from him. He couldn’t help but stared at the later longingly. “Hyung?? Earth to Taekwoon hyung? What are you looking at?” Wonshik asked curiously while he eyes followed the direction where Taekwoon stared at. “What do you see in him? I seriously don’t understand. Don’t you hear of any of his rumors?” Hakyeon said while taking a sip of his coffee. Taekwoon glared at him harshly and said “you also said its just rumors. Why should I believe it?”. “Rumors do not come from nothing you know, it must be a reasons why people say so. Don’t you think its weird that he never cleared up anything before?” Hakyeon defended. Taekwoon sighed but chose to ignore his noisy friend. In his heart, he still believed that the Jaehwan he loves is not what people described as he is.

Later of the day, Taekwoon decided to spend some time at the park nearby. Although he denied and ignored his friends’ advices but he was actually affected by them and started to think whether he should stop crushing over Jaehwan. He thoughts were disturbed when a football rolled towards his direction and stopped by his feet. Soon, a toddler was running towards him while panting “I’m sorry… my ball…” the toddler said while bowing his head. A smile found its way on Taekwoon’s face, he loves for kids were huge and this toddler was so cute. Taekwoon ruffled the kid’s hair lightly and said “its fine. Here, you can have it”.

“Binnie~ where are you?”

Taekwoon looked up when he heard a familiar voice. He found that Jaehwan walking towards him with a concerned face. The toddler walked away from him and quickly ran towards Jaehwan’s embrace “Appa!!!”.  “where did you go? I was worried” Jaehwan said softly not wanting to scare the kid. “I was playing around and the ball rolled to the other side.. but that kind hyung returned it to me” Hongbin said cheerfully and pointed at Taekwoon who stood still under a tree. Jaehwan walked forwards and said politely  “Thank you. Did he cause you any trouble?”. Taekwoon said “no.. and he is cute..”. Jaehwan smiled at Taekwoon’s reply and the Taekwoon felt that he fell for the younger even more at the moment. Hongbin decided to play at another side of the park leaving the two adults standing there awkwardly. “Why don’t we sit at the bench there?” Taekwoon said and Jaehwan nodded at his suggestion.

“Hmm.. about the kid?” Taekwoon initiated a conversation after several moments of silent.

“Hongbin? He is my son” Jaehwan admitted with a faint smile and looked at Hongbin who was running around happily with his playmates.

“How about his another parent?” Taekwoon asked but he regretted the second when he saw the saddening eyes of Jaehwan.

“Taekwoon-shi, it’s going to be late. I will take my leave now” Jaehwan said politely while walking towards Hongbin to bring him home.

Taekwoon sighed and thought ‘why should I ask the question? It could be a good chance to be friend with him and know more about him’.


 

Ever since that incident, Taekwoon found himself wandering around the park every evening just to ‘coincidently’ meet up with Jaehwan. However, Jaehwan didn’t come to park since that day. Just when he decided to leave, he heard the familiar voice again. He turned around and found that Jaehwan was standing not far away from him. He decided to take the chance and walked up.

“hey”

“hey”

“I’m sorry about the other day..” Taekwoon apologized while looking at Jaehwan.

“it’s okay…”

Both of them continued their conversation at a bench nearby. They found that they have similar interests and hobbies. Jaehwan felt that he is comfortable around Taekwoon. The elder made him forgot about his worries and burdens that he had. For Taekwoon, the evening was wonderful. His one-sided love for Jaehwan became even more after the interaction. Both of them exchanged their phone numbers and promised to meet up again the other times.


 

Ever since then, both of them spent a lot of time together after class. Taekwoon would play with Hongbin and the toddler grew closer and even attached to Taekwoon. He even went over Jaehwan’s house to take care of the toddler when Jaehwan was out for part time.

This day, as usual, Taekwoon was spending some time with Hongbin at Jaehwan’s apartment while the younger was out for part time.

“Hyungie?” Little Hongbin looked up from his story book and stared at Taekwoon with his doe eyes.

“yes?”

“do you like appa?”

“huh? I do”

“then will you take care of appa?”

“of cause I will, Binnie”

Hongbin smiled with satisfaction and continued reading his story book.

After being spent several months with Jaehwan and his kid, Taekwoon was sure that he was deeply in love. He wanted to make Jaehwan his and be the father of Hongbin. However, he was unsure of Jaehwan’s feelings and the later always changed the topics when relevant issue was brought up.

“I’m home!” Jaehwan said while taking off his shoes.

“APPA!!! I MISS YOUUUUU!!”

“young man, did you behave? Hyung, sorry for being late, the shift ended later than I expect.” Jaehwan apologized while carrying Hongbin in his arms.

“it’s okay” Taekwoon smiled.

That night, after tucking Hongbin into bed, Taekwoon decided to talk to Jaehwan. He thought that its time to clear things up and make sure of Jaehwan’s feelings.

“hey.. can we talk?”

“sure” Jaehwan replied and took a seat beside Taekwoon.

Although Taekwoon decided to sort things out, he didn’t know how to continue the conversation. Jaehwan decided to break the awkward silence.

“Hongbin… he is not my biological son.. *sigh* three years ago, I found him alone crying loudly at the park. He was just around 3 months old that time. He was abandoned, there was a note ‘I’m sorry but please take care of him’. I couldn’t leave him alone since he couldn’t even feed or defend himself. I decided to bring him home and take care of him. My parents kicked me out the minute they found a kid at my apartment… they thought I was… anyway, I decided to hide the truth because I know they will ask me to send Hongbin away. But I felt the responsible to look after him and provide him shelter. I did not regret one bit on my decision. I know what people say about me but I realized its more important to ensure Hongbin’s wellbeing rather than fighting over those people.” Jaehwan ended his speech with some tears.

Taekwoon was speechless. He didn’t know the truth behind all these. He almost believed the rumors when the later always ignored him when he asked questions about their past. He hugged the younger immediately.

“Jaehwan..hmm.. I know it’s sudden.. but I have fall for you the first time I met you in the vocal class. Will you… Will you be my boyfriend?” Taekwoon’s sudden confesstion took Jaehwan off guard and the younger immediately pulled away from the hug.

“hyung.. don’t sympathize me.. you’ll regret it soon..” Jaehwan said while sniffling.

Taekwoon looked at Jaehwan and said sternly “I will not regret. After spending time with you and Hongbin, it only cause me to fall deeper, more in love with you. I thought it was just a fling. When I see you take care of Hongbin and how you sacrifices yourself for him, I fell for you even more. Your caring self made me realized that I have made the right choice. Jaehwan, you are the one for me, I’m sure. I will not regret. Give me a chance to take care of you, take care of Hongbin, will you?”

Jaehwan cried even harder and nodded against Taekwoon’s chest.


 

The next morning

“Hyungie, why are you still here?” Hongbin asked while rubbing away the sleepiness.

“Binnie, don’t be rude” Jaehwan said while still busy making breakfast for three of them.

“Binnie, come here” Taekwoon said while motioning Hongbin to come towards him.

Taekwoon placed the toddler on his laps and said “Binnie ah~ call hyung appa~ appa~”

Hongbin’s eyes grew wider and ran towards Jaehwan happily.

“appa~ izzit true? Hyungie will be Binnie’s appa?” Hongbin asked happily while hugging Jaehwan’s legs.

Jaehwan looked at Taekwoon who looked back at him mischievously.

“Binnie ah~ from today onwards, you can call Taekwoon hyung as appa as you like” Jaehwan said with a smile.

“Yeahhhh!!! Binnie have another appa!!!!” Little Hongbin exclaimed happily and ran around the house.


 

Taekwoon was glad that he didn’t give up of his one-sided love. It was worth waiting. Although they have gone through a long way, but he was happy. He has Jaehwan who is caring and lovely and a cute son who always admires and adores him.

Jaehwan felt that he is lucky. When most of the people criticized him, spreading untrue rumors about him, Taekwoon found him. Taekwoon sees the good in him, came towards him and care for him.

Both of them found the love of their life and none of them regret of this life changing decision.


 

An update!!! ^.^ my longest one shot so far. I thought I will not be able to update it since the pain on my back was unbearable but the painkiller was taking effect ^.^ Anyway, hope you all like it.