Siblings Pt.5

Drabblessss

“I’m home” Taekwoon announces as he enters the house after finishing his soccer practice. The moment he enters the house he can smell the aroma of food. His mother’s cooking is always his favourite, he always prefers home cooked food rather than restaurant food.

“Sweetie, how’s your practice today?” his mother asks, hands still working on cutting various vegetables.

“Like usual. It went well” Taekwoon answers as he scanning the refrigerator for some cool drinks or snacks.

“Good. Are you free now?” his mother asks and looks at him with a smile.

“Yea. Do you need my help?” Taekwoon asks and puts away the drink, helping his mother is more important than the drink.

“Can you pick up your brother at the park nearby? He is playing with Sanghyuk there” his mother says while turning on another stove to fry the vegetables. She knows that it is impossible that Taekwoon will reject her as her elder son dotes on the younger a lot.

“Okay” Taekwoon says and picks up his handphone then leaves the kitchen.

“be careful!” his mother yells from the kitchen.

As soon as he reaches the park, he tries to locate his baby brother while looking around. However, he can’t spot his brother, even Sanghyuk.

He walks around the park and tries to search for the kids. He does not want to shout at the park as he does not want to scare the others who are at the park as well.

Just when he wants to ask some of the kids who are playing around, he spots the sandbox not far from him. He walks over there, wishing that his brother will be there as Jaehwan always likes to build sand castle.

He almost smiles as he sees Sanghyuk is hugging his brother tightly while patting his back. He frowns when he hears someone is sniffing.

“Hwannie? Sanghyukie?” Taekwoon calls softly, not wanting to scare the kids.

The kids pull away from each and Jaehwan immediately goes into his brother’s arms as soon as he sees his brother in front of him.

Jaehwan buries his face in the crook of his brother’s neck, ignoring every single question which comes out from Taekwoon’s mouth.

“Sanghyukie, what happened? Did he fall down?” Taekwoon decides to ask the other kid as Jaehwan is avoiding his questions.

“A group of meanie kids come here.. they pushed Sanghyukie!” Sanghyuk explains angrily and crosses his arms and pouts.

Taekwoon smiles at the kid’s cuteness, hand still non-stop patting his brother’s back.

“Hyung! Its not funny!” Sanghyuk pouts even more when he sees the elder’s smile, it looks like the elder is making fun of him.

“Hyungie is sorry. Then?” Taekwoon apologizes and pats the pouting’s head.

Sanghyuk nods, feeling satisfied that the elder apologizes to him and continues “Jaehwanie came to help me! but they called him names instead. They bullied Jaehwanie…” Sanghyuk says and ends his sentence with soft voice, he still remembers how the kids made fun of his best friend.

“Hwannie. Look at hyungie. What they did?” Taekwoon says and tries to look at his brother at eye level.

Jaehwan who is finally calms after crying for about 20 minutes wipes away his tears and says “they call me big nose.. they say that I’m weird and ugly.. hyungiee.. is Hwannie ugly?” Jaehwan asks and cries again.

Sanghyuk pats his best friend’s back, “Jaehwanie, stop crying”.

“Hwannie is not ugly. Hwannie is pretty and cute. Sanghyukie, don’t you agree?” Taekwoon comforts his brother and asks the other kid.

“Yes! Jaehwanie is my bestest friend and cutest friend!” Sanghyuk exclaims and hugs his best friend.

“Really?” Jaehwan asks and looks at his brother.

Taekwoon and Sanghyuk nod at the same time.

Jaehwan finally smiles and whisper a soft “Thank you” to his brother and best friend.

“Let’s go home. Sanghyuk ah, do you want hyung to send you home?” Taekwoon stands up with his brother in his arm and asks Sanghyuk.

Sanghyuk shakes his head lightly and points at a lady who is walking towards them, “Mommy is there. I will go with mommy” he says.

“Okay. See you soon, okay?” Taekwoon says and pats the kid’s head.

“Okay! See you tomorrow at school, Jaehwannie!” Sanghyuk says before running to his mother.

“Bye bye Hyukie!” Jaehwan says and waves goodbye to his best friend.

“Hwannie” Taekwoon calls softly and his brother hums while hugging his neck tightly.

“Are you still sad?” Taekwoon asks, he does not want his brother to be sad. He always wants his baby brother to have a sweet and nice childhood.

Jaehwan shakes his head lightly.

“Next time if someone calling you names again, don’t be sad, okay? Hwannie is the prettiest baby in hyung’s eyes” Taekwoon says and holds his brother up in the air.

Jaehwan giggles and his eyes turn into crescent moon shape.

As he listens to his brother’s giggles, Taekwoon can’t help but feel the pure happiness from the bottom of his heart.


Enjoy reading! :D