Hardship

Drabblessss

“Taek… Taekwoon..” Jaehwan calls softly as he awakes from his medicine-induced sleep. He groans softly after his 12 hours of sleep. It should be more than enough for him to feel better but he feels worse than before. He now feels like his head is hurting way too much to be categorized as a normal headache and his throat is so dry that he can barely whisper.

Taekwoon who has been beside the younger for the whole time immediately rushes towards Jaehwan and sits beside him. “My love. Are you feeling better?” Taekwoon asks softly and the younger’s soft hair. He smiles sadly. Jaehwan has been sick for two days and doesn’t get any better. He wants to send the younger to the hospital but he can’t afford the fees. All he can do is just going to the pharmacy nearby and get some prescription from the pharmacist.

Jaehwan nods softly. He knows that the elder is very worry about him. In order to have a simple decent life, both of them have been working very hard. They have just done paying the debt from their loan. What they earn now is just enough for them to survive but there is not much extra left for them to spend. Despite all these hardships, they believe that everything will be better soon. As long as they have each other, they can overcome any hardship. But now, the elder is forced to stay home and takes leave from work because he is sick. Taekwoon never apply for any leave before but this time he takes it because of him. He nods because he doesn’t want the elder to be worry anymore. He can see the eyebags and panda eyes forming on Taekwoon’s face. It hurts him so much to see his boyfriend is all tired and exhausted.

Taekwoon knows that Jaehwan is lying. Jaehwan’s face is so pale, much paler than his original skin tone. The younger looks sick, weak, tired and uncomfortable. He sighs and lies beside the younger, pulling the younger into his arms. “I’m so sorry. You deserve much better life than this. You could have been the precious baby of your parents if you didn’t run away with me. Now I can’t even afford to bring you to see doctor” Taekwoon says sadly and pecks the younger’s forehead. Jaehwan opens his mouth, wants to say something but his throat refrain him from doing so, so he only shakes his head lightly and leans more forward into the elder’s embrace.

Few minutes later, Jaehwan falls asleep again as he feels sick again. Taekwoon sighs and wakes up from the bed, grabbing his phone and walk out from the room. He decides to do something, he can’t stand any longer to see his love to suffer like this.

“Hello” Taekwoon greets as soon as the person at the opposite line picks up.

“Hey Taekwoonie~~” Hakyeon greets happily.

“I need your help” Taekwoon says immediately not wanting to waste any time.

Hakyeon who is on the opposite line confused, the other rarely calls him. If Taekwoon chooses to call him, it must be emergency. “What’s wrong?” he asks worriedly.

“Can you lend me some money?” Taekwoon asks softly as he doesn’t want Jaehwan to overheard this conversation. Although the younger has fallen asleep, he doesn’t want to risk.

“What happened? Is something bad happened?” Hakyeon asks again.

Taekwoon sighs and answers “Jaehwan is sick. So sick that medicine doesn’t help at all. I need to bring him to hospital.”

“Oh my god! You should have called me earlier. I will come and pick you two up in 15 minutes. Wait for me” Hakyeon says and hangs up the phone.

Taekwoon enters their bedroom again, grabs some clothes from the wardrobe for him and Jaehwan to change. “Babe.. Wake up..” Taekwoon wakes the younger up with light shake. “Time for medicine?” Jaehwan asks with his eyes closed. “No.. we are going to the hospital. You will get treatment and be better” Taekwoon answers and helps the younger to change his clothes. “No.. I will be fine.. I just need more sleep” Jaehwan stubbornly protests. Taekwoon knows whats going on the younger mind, so he speaks sternly this time “I say we are going to hospital. That’s final”. The younger only nods and let the elder to change his clothes.

When Hakyeon arrives, Taekwoon carries Jaehwan to the car. “Oh my! Jaehwannie looks so sick. You should have asked for help earlier” Hakyeon gasps as he sees the pale Jaehwan in Taekwoon’s arms. Taekwoon only glares at his friend and help the younger to get into the car. In the car, Taekwoon hugs his boyfriend closely, praying that everything will be alright, Jaehwan will be alright.

“I’m sorry.. it will add on so much burden” Jaehwan apologizes. “Its okay. Remember? We will go through everything together. Everything will be alright. I’m with you and you’re with me.” Taekwoon comforts the younger and Jaehwan nods softly.

Everything will be alright. No matter how many hardships are there waiting for us. We will overcome them. Because we are together and never leave each other. Taekwoon thinks.

 


Updateee! Enjoy reading! Do you all like it? :)