Great

Drabblessss

Jaehwan is always timid, shy, introvert and careful. Since young he has been harassed or bullied due to his larger nose than others, cheerful or maybe too cheerful personality than others. Thus, as he grows up, he slowly changes to a self-conscious person from a cheerful and bubble person. His parents are aware of that and have been the best parents Jaehwan could ask for. They respect Jaehwan’s decision and support him in every way they can. Since young Jaehwan has been in love with art and music but is too scare to attend classes outside, so his parents hired private for him. All his parents ask for is just Jaehwan’s happiness because they have witnessed the transformation of their son. It hurts them so freaking much that their son didn’t have a happy childhood.

As Jaehwan grows up, his condition becomes slightly better. He makes few friends at school although he remains silent most of the time. He is always conscious about everything he says and does in school because he is afraid that his friends will abandon him or being harassed again. He swears he doesn’t want to experience his childhood once again. He continues his arts and music classes after class without other knowing. For him, arts and music are his only escape. He can freely express himself through drawing and singing. As time goes, he is good or maybe great in both singing and drawing, but he never try to take part in any competition despite the encouragement from his tutors and parents. They have been showering him with praises and compliments about his talents but he always feel like he is not good enough or maybe he will never be good enough.

“Jaehwan ah~ which club you are going to join? We need submit our application form by the end of this week?” Hakyeon asks while filling up his form, the others also nodding along as they are curious about Jaehwan’s choices. As they know, Jaehwan is not the athletic type and he hasn’t mention about his hobby or interest to them.

Jaehwan looks up from his lunch box and blinks his eyes. He is hesitating for a second before softly answers “The reading club? I think”. Sanghyuk and Hongbin groan at the reply and Wonshik immediately says “Hyung, that’s so boring”. Hakyeon agrees and says “Yeah. You should join those clubs which have more fun! Aren’t you bored of studying?”. Jaehwan only bites his lower lips nervously at the responses, the only thing on his mind is will they dislike me because I’m bored. Their friend, Taekwoon who is more observant senses Jaehwan’s uneasiness and says “Let him be. Just like our interests in music or sports, his interest is in books”. The others only nods as agreement and Jaehwan smiles lightly at the elder.

Taekwoon smiles warmly as a reply at Jaehwan. Although he hasn’t be in a relationship before, he knows the feeling of having a crush on somebody or fall in love with someone. From the first day he met Jaehwan, he knows that he is in love with the younger. He doesn’t know why but he feels the needs to protect the younger from any harm or anything. He feels that the younger is self-conscious and always afraid of doing something wrong. He always wanted to know the reason behind the younger’s actions but he knows that the younger is not ready to tell the others.

“I need go now. I will be late for my class if I don’t leave now.” Jaehwan announces after he finishes his lunchbox. They nods as acknowledgment and Sanghyuk even sends a blow kiss to him in which he receives it shyly. The group of friends continues to bicker and chat happily while Taekwoon is sending Jaehwan off with his eyes following the younger. “Eh.. isn’t that Jaehwan hyung’s iPod?” Sanghyuk asks and points of at the black colour gadget on the seat previously owned by Jaehwan. Taekwoon immediately takes it in his hand and says “I will pass it to him”. Although the others are suspicious at first but decides to let the issue go.

Due to his packed schedule throughout the day, Taekwoon can’t find any time to look for Jaehwan and returns the iPod. Taekwoon ends up decides to go to the younger’s house to return it. Deep inside Taekwoon’s heart, he has wanted to visit the younger’s house for once. If he has the chance and opportunity, he would like to know the younger as much as possible.

When he reaches the younger’s house around evening, he hears someone is playing the piano while singing passionately. Without him knowing, he is enjoying the song too much to a point that he forgets the main purpose of him going to that place. “Oh? Who are you?” Taekwoon turns around when he hears someone is asking him a question. “Hmm.. I’m looking for Jaehwan” he answers and the moment he looks at the lady, he knows that she is Jaehwan’s mother as they share the same smile. “He is having his music lesson with his tutor. Come in and wait for a while more. The lesson will end soon” the lady invites him with a smile.

So that voice belongs to Jaehwan? I didn’t know that he sings.. he never mentioned that sings or plays piano Taekwoon thinks and enters the house. A while later, he sees the tutor leaves the house but he can still hear someone is singing in the house. “Maybe you should look for him at the room. Usually he will stay in the room for a while after the lesson” Jaehwan’s mother suggest and Taekwoon slowly approaches the room.

“You have such a great voice, Jaehwan ah~” Taekwoon says as he enters the room. Jaehwan who is shock due to sudden entrance of someone stops playing the piano immediately. “Taek.. Taekwoon hyung?” Jaehwan says confusedly and immediately retrieve his hands from the piano.

“Why don’t you join the choir or singing club? You will be a great member for them” Taekwoon says with a smile. “I’m not that good… my voice is not even that great..” Jaehwan mumbles nervously and plays with his fingers.

Taekwoon approaches the younger and hugs him “Jaehwan ah~ you are perfect just the way you are.. be confident and try out.. your talents are too great and can’t be ignored…”. Jaehwan only shakes his head lightly.

Taekwoon places a soft kiss on the younger’s forehead and says “You don’t have to be great to start but you can start to be great. I will be here for you. Trust me”. Jaehwan looks up from the broad chest and nods with a light smile. 


An update! Enjoy reading :D