Jealous

Drabblessss

Taekwoon is reading his story book on the couch quietly. Suddenly, he hears some soft whimpers comes from the other side of the living room. He turns to the side only realize the 27 months old Jaehwan is standing tipped toe and stretch his slim arm trying to get one of the toys on the cupboard.

He chuckles softly at the younger. Baby Jaehwan who heard the chuckles turns around and pouts, knowing that the elder is laughing at him. “Hyungie meanie!” Jaehwan whines and stomps his tiny feet on the floor. Taekwoon walks over and pats the baby’s head softly, “Hyungie will get it for you” the 5 years old Taekwoon says softly and reaching his hand up to the cabinet to get the fluffy brown bear.

“Here” Taekwoon says and put the soft toy in the younger’s hand. “Thank you hyungie” Jaehwan says happily and sits on the floor, starts to play with the toy in his hand. Taekwoon decides to stop reading and plays with the cute baby in front of him. “Cute” Taekwoon mumbles as he sees the cute baby is talking in his alien-baby language with the teddy bear.

“I’m home” papa Sanghyuk announces as he enters the house. His eyes immediately glance around the living room, trying to spot his cute son. To be honest, sometimes even his wife Hongbin feels jealous towards their son. Hongbin always complain that Sanghyuk’s main priority now is no longer him but his son, Jaehwan.

“Papa!!” Jaehwan yells and running towards his dad with the teddy bear in his arm. “My cutie bear~ did you have fun today?” Sanghyuk says lovingly and carries his baby in his arm. “Eung! I play with hyungie” Jaehwan exclaims happily and points at Taekwoon who is sitting on the floor with toys surrounding him. “Hi buddy” Sanghyuk says while placing Jaehwan beside Taekwoon on the floor. “Hi uncle” Taekwoon greets politely but Sanghyuk finds that the kid’s eyes are focusing on Jaehwan but not him.

Both the kids continue to play happily since the dinner is not ready. Once in a while, you can hear giggles and laughter from them. They are so happy that Jaehwan didn’t hear that Sanghyuk has called him for few times. Sanghyuk sighs and lies on the sofa, he knows that one day his son will be someone else’s and will not forever be his little baby but its still too soon for him to accept this fact. His best friend’s son, Taekwoon has been his son’s playmate since forever. Although they are still kids, Sanghyuk can tell that their friendship will turn into something more in the future. Without him realizing, he glares at the little Taekwoon when he sees his son is cuddling with the elder kid.

“Don’t glare at the poor kid” Hongbin chuckles and stands in front of his husband to block Sanghyuk’s view. “He is stealing my baby away from me!” Sanghyuk protests and Hongbin chuckles even more at his exclamation. “They are still kids. Kids are like that. Chill, honey chill” Hongbin calms his husband and sits beside the younger. Sanghyuk only nods but pouts his lips at stare at his cute baby Jaehwan.

Jaehwan suddenly senses someone is staring at him and he turns around. He sees his papa Sanghyuk is pouting his lips and looking at him. He stands up abruptly and walks over with his small feet, “Papa sad?” baby Jaehwan asks worriedly and small hands reaching up to caress his dad’s cheek, sitting on his dad’s lap.

“Your papa is sad because of jealousy” Hongbin says and earns a pinch on his waist from his husband. “Papa don’t sad! Hwannie sad too” Jaehwan says and pouts. “Why is uncle sad?” Taekwoon joins the conversation and taking a seat beside Sanghyuk. “Nothing, uncle is not sad. Papa is alright” Sanghyuk comforts the kids and smiles at his cute baby. “So papa is okay?” Jaehwan asks and blinking his doe eyes at his dad. Sanghyuk nods and pecks his baby’s pointy nose.

Baby Jaehwan nods with satisfaction and smiles. He gets off from his dad’s lap and hold Taekwoon’s slightly bigger hand with his tiny one and exclaims “Hyungie! Let’s play!”. Both the kids run off happily to the playroom.

Sanghyuk sighs and smiles sadly “That brat!”.        


I'm back! Baby Jaehwan is back!!! Hehe

Enjoy reading! :D