Voice

Drabblessss

Words can’t describe how much Taekwoon loves Jaehwan. They have been together for 10 years. They met each other in the choir club in which Taekwoon is the one who falls first for the younger’s soothing velvet voice which he thinks is the most melodious voice in the world. He confessed at the beginning of the next semester and the younger accepted his love shyly. Ever since then, both of them are inseparable. For Taekwoon, life is good, almost perfect because he always has Jaehwan by his side. The younger is always lovely, caring and adorable. Taekwoon has been possessive over the younger, and he doubts he will ever stop doing it.

Both of them entered the same university, studied for the same course, living together since they are far from home. All of their friends tease them for being lovey dovey all the time, they earn more eye-roll from their friends when they applied for work at the same place. Taekwoon works as a composer/musician while Jaehwan works as a vocal trainer at an entertainment company.

Everyday, both of them will take turn to make breakfast then Taekwoon will drive both of them to work and they get off work together. Whenever one of them need works overtime, the other will wait so that they can get off together. Both of them appreciate the simple happiness between them. Every thing, every day, has been perfect, they never have any argument or fight, basically because both of them know each other so well that they will never go over the barrier.

However, things have been changed since 4 years ago. That day, Jaehwan went their his hometown to visit his parents. Taekwoon wanted to follow as well but his workload didn’t allow him to, so the younger had to go alone. That night, Taekwoon felt anxious as he didn’t receive any call or text from the younger in which is almost impossible as Jaehwan is very clingy and attach boyfriend. He tried to stay calm but he almost broke the vase on the coffee table when he received a phone call from a hospital at Jaehwan’s hometown. He immediately grabbed his car keys and drove madly to the hospital. He couldn’t imagine the life without Jaehwan, without his love, he wanted to spend forever with the younger. As soon as he reached the hospital, he quickly parked his car and running along the corridor to get to the younger’s room. To his relieve, Jaehwan didn’t have any injury. However, what happened was what he never expected or thought of. He heard from Hongbin, Jaehwan’s cousin said that Jaehwan’s parents have been involved in an accident and Jaehwan was right there witnessed every single detail of it. His eyes went wide at that, it must be hurt for Jaehwan who is the only child of the family, the precious baby of his parents. He went into the room again, he sat beside the younger and held his hand tightly. His heart felt uneasy, but he wished that everything will be fine, at least Jaehwan looked fine in his eyes that moment. However, it breaks his heart when Jaehwan woke up the next day. Jaehwan looked so empty, his eyes were dull, no longer shine. “Are you okay?” Taekwoon asked softly, worriedly and he felt like crying when he didn’t receive any reply from the younger and the younger only looked away. From what the doctor diagnosed, Jaehwan parents’ death and the accident had a great impact on him, he was too shocked and he couldn’t cope with it that’s why Jaehwan didn’t speak at all.

It has been 4 years since he last heard Jaehwan’s voice. Taekwoon hasn’t give up yet. No, he will not give up. Jaehwan has quitted his job as vocal trainer and stays home 24/7 and works as a painter. It used to be Taekwoon is the quiet one and Jaehwan is the expressive one but not it’s the other way. Taekwoon has adjusted his daily schedule to take care of the younger. No matter how busy he is, he makes sure he will go home early just to have dinner together with younger, tucks the younger to bed and cuddles every night. Although Jaehwan stays quiet all the time, he still responds to the elder, and sometimes through texts or notes. Taekwoon’s parents advised their son to give up on this relationship but he can’t do so especially the younger only has him now.

Today, as usual, Taekwoon reaches home around 5. He announces his returns as soon as he steps into the apartment. To his surprise, he smells the aroma of food. It is not that Jaehwan can’t cook, its just that Taekwoon prefers to be the chef, he enjoys pampering his boyfriend. He quickly walks into the kitchen and sees his boyfriend is cooking his favorite food. The younger greets him with a small smile and Taekwoon pecks the younger’s lips in return. The dinner goes smoothly, silently but comfortably. After dinner, both of them cuddles on the sofa and Taekwoon is telling the younger what happened in the office today. When they are watching the movie halfway, Jaehwan suddenly moves and sits on the elder’s lap, facing the elder nervously.

“Baby, is something wrong? Are you sick? Do we need to go the doctor?” Taekwoon asks and checks his boyfriend’s temperature with his palm. Jaehwan shakes his head and takes a big breath. “……….. I….I… sorry” Jaehwan says softly, almost unheard with a hoarse voice since this is the first time he speaks in the four years. Taekwoon feels like crying, finally the younger speaks, his heart feels warm, relieve, happy, overwhelming. “Don’t say sorry. Baby, why say so?” Taekwoon asks and caresses the younger’s cheek. Jaehwan shakes his head again and takes out a paper from his pocket and gives it to Taekwoon.

Taek,

            I’m so sorry. So sorry for everything. It must be hard for you to bear with me. I’m sorry for being selfish. I have looked for some therapists online. I want to start all over again. Will you wait for me again? I love you so much hyung. Love you so much. Sorry again, but always know I  still love you despite I have been so expressionless, speechless for the past few years. I love you.

Taekwoon tears up at the note but he feels so happy and excited. He holds the younger tightly in his arms, “I will wait for you forever my love. I’m glad that you will try again. I can’t wait for the day you will talk with me with your sweet voice again” he says sweetly and looks into the younger’s brown orbs. Both of them seal their promise with sweet kiss and convey their love through it.


UPDATEEEE!

Hello~~ I'm thinking whether I should mark this as complete and stop writing or continue it with inconsistent update because I'm running out of ideas lately.

Anyway, enjoy reading :)