Everything

Drabblessss

Jaehwan stares at the steak that he had prepared earlier for their anniversary dinner on the table.

He is holding his handphone tightly in his hand, hoping that there is at least a call or message from his lover.

5 more minutes to 12 o’clock in the midnight.

He sighs and stands up. He is not coming back again. Even today is our anniversary.

He ignores the pain of his gastric and throw away all the food into the dustbin.

What’s the point of eating alone on an anniversary dinner?

I can’t cry anymore. It is not the first time. It’s my fault that I expect so much from him. Maybe it is my problem, maybe I do not worth that much for him.

After cleaning and clearing, he lies on his bed and try to get some sleep.

He has lost count that it has been how long he sleeps alone on the king size bed. He has lost count how many times he cries himself till he is tired and fall asleep. He has lost count how long he didn’t have someone to lull or cuddle him to sleep.

He miss his boyfriend so much, so much that it hurts. He knows that they are falling apart. He knows that the other does not adore him anymore. He knows the other has lost the passion. He knows the other doesn’t need him anymore. However, he can’t bring himself to break up with the other.

I am not pretty nor handsome. If I let him go, no one wants me anymore. No one will like someone like me. I should be grateful that he hasn’t dump me at least.

With a heavy sigh, Jaehwan falls asleep while hoping that his boyfriend will contact him on the second day.

Jaehwan groans as his alarms ring loudly and echoes in the room. He quickly grabs his phone to check whether there is any call or message.

I shouldn’t expect anything from him. He even didn’t come for our anniversary dinner.

He sighs and leaves the bed to get ready for work.

He reaches the daycare center that he works with a five minutes drive.

At least the kids will make me happy and forgot about him.

Jaehwan smiles sadly and enters the place with a bright smile as usual.

“Hi kids!” he greets happily and the kids reply him equally bright smile.

 “Hey hyung~ how’s your anniversary date with Hongbin hyung yesterday? I bet you have a passion night right?” Sanghyuk says teasingly.

“hmm.. yea.. I guess..” Jaehwan replies with a forced smile.

Sanghyuk doesn’t notice and says “Taekwoon hyung~ you see~ Jaehwan hyung is embarrassed~”.

Taekwoon doesn’t say anything but chooses to stares at Jaehwan. He can see that the younger is forcing himself to smile. He always think that the younger is an open book.

Jaehwan decides to flee from the scene and play with some of the kids, trying to avoid as much questions as possible. He doesn’t want others to know about his problems.

The day passes peacefully, or at least it seems. Jaehwan has been non stop checking his phone but there isn’t any notification except those that sent by his service provider.

Jaehwan sighs again and decides to leave after bidding goodbye with Sanghyuk and Taekwoon.

“Jae, let’s have dinner together” Taekwoon says while grabbing the younger’s wrist, preventing the younger to leave.

“Huh? Okay” Jaehwan reluctantly agrees although he wants to go home to wait for his boyfriend.

As they reach the restaurant, Taekwoon just motions Jaehwan to sit and goes off to order their food.

Jaehwan is sitting anxiously at his seat while waiting for the elder to come back. Although they have been best friends since high school, but it has been a long time both of them spend time alone or he should say ever since he be with Hongbin.

“How are you lately?” Taekwoon asks with a concern tone.

“I’m fine~ I have been spending time happily with Hongbin~ he is so sweet” Jaehwan answers with extra cheerful tone but his smile looks so fake in Taekwoon’s eyes.

Taekwoon nods and at the same time, the waiter serves their food.

The moment Jaehwan lands his eyes on the food, his eyes go wide. Taekwoon still remember his favorite dish after all these years while Hongbin even still have to ask what is his favourite after 4 years being together.

The thought of Hongbin makes him sad again. His tears start forming again.

“Jae?” Taekwoon calls worriedly and Jaehwan looks up with sad eyes.

“I’m fine” Jaehwan says forcefully and pick up his chopsticks to eat.

Taekwoon shakes his head and drag Jaehwan out of the restaurant and head to a park nearby.

“LEE JAE HWAN! YOU’RE NOT FINE! WHAT HAPPENED?” he yells at Jaehwan as soon as they reach the park.

Jaehwan breaks down. He collapse on the floor and hug himself tightly while crying loudly.

Taekwoon immediately regrets at the sight. He just want to know what happened on the younger. He didn’t expect it will turn out like this.

“What happened? You can tell me everything..” Taekwoon says softly while kneeling down in front of Jaehwan.

“Hongbin doesn’t care about me anymore..” Jaehwan says softly.

“Huh?” Taekwoon doesn’t know how he should reply so he decides to bring Jaehwan into his arms.

“He…. He has been ignoring my calls and messages. It has been week he came home… and.. he promised to come home for dinner on our anniversary… but he didn’t come back…” Jaehwan cries while grabbing Taekwoon’s shirt tightly in his fist. “What should I do hyung? He doesn’t want me anymore..”

Taekwoon heart breaks and hugs the younger even tighter. He already knows that the Hongbin dude is not serious but he can’t bring himself to stop Jaehwan. Not when how happy Jaehwan looks when Hongbin confessed to him. He already can guess that something goes wrong when Jaehwan doesn’t look as happy or bright as usual lately. He regrets that he didn’t confess earlier. He regrets that he lets go of Jaehwan too easily. If he was braver, maybe they will be the sweetest couple ever because he knows he will treasure Jaehwan  as his princess, he will never hurt Jaehwan and will cherish him like he is the most expensive diamond in the world.

“Leave him.” He says sternly and pulls ways from the hug and looks at the younger.

“No.. I can’t.. no one will want someone like me..” Jaehwan says.

“I love you” Taekwoon confesses and Jaehwan’s eyes go wide again.

“Hyung.. don’t play with me.. why would you like someone like me? You deserve someone better.. at least someone who is better than me…” Jaehwan says weakly.

“AND YOU DESERVE SOMEONE BETTER TOO! STOP BEING WITH THE BASTARD!!!” Taekwoon yells for the second time for the night.

Taekwoon holds Jaehwan’s hands and says “ Leave him.. I beg you… I can’t see you being hurt and sad anymore… I will take care of you…”

Jaehwan is beyond shock. He can feel warm from the bottom of his heart after hearing the confession. It has been a long time he feels warm and care from others. He never felt this warm and calm when he was with Hongbin.

He nods while looking at the elder and elder replies him with a tight hug.

The next day, both of them take a day off as the elder insists that he wants Jaehwan to move out from the apartment and live with him.

Jaehwan and Taekwoon have been spending a few months sweetly together ever since that day, Jaehwan finds himself starts to forget about Hongbin and falling more and more for Taekwoon. Everything is going fine like Hongbin never appear before up until this day..

Taekwon and Jaehwan are shopping at one of the shopping complex in the town happily. Like any other couples, they chat happily and the younger clings to the elder’s arm.

They decides to stop by the book store as the elder wants to buy some novels and Jaehwan decides to go the shoes stores next to it.

Suddenly, Jaehwan freezes at his spot and stares the person in front of him with shock.

“Hi, babe” Hongbin greets with a smirk.

“Hong…Hongbin” Jaehwan says shakily and try to refrain himself from crying.

“Don’t you miss me?” Hongbin comes closer and caresses his cheek.

“You left me! You didn’t want me anymore!” Jaehwan shouts and slaps away the younger’s hand.

“Well, if you want, I can take you back. Since nobody wants someone as pathetic as you.” Hongbin says and smirks again.

“NO!! GO AWAY!!” Jaehwan shouts and pushes Hongbin away.

At the same time, Taekwoon has rushes to the scene as he hears Jaehwan’s scream from the book store.

“Jaehwan!!” Taekwoon shouts and quickly runs over and hugs the younger.

“Oh. So you find someone who wants you.” Hongbin says and looks at Taekwoon.

“Don’t you talk to him like that!” Taekwoon groans angrily and glares at Hongbin.

“Why? Don’t you same as me? Only want him because he is so pathetic and willing to anything just to please people?” Hongbin says and smirks at Taekwoon.

“I’m not like you!” Taekwoon spats and lands a fist on Hongbin’s face.

Soon, both of them fighting ignoring Jaehwan’s cries.

They finally stops when the security guards come to them.

Hongbin just leaves with a smirk and Taekwoon decides to bring Jaehwan home.

They are sitting at the living room and Jaehwan is kneeling in front of Taekwoon to treat the elder’s wounds and bruises.

“Hyung… I’m so sorry…”

“why?”

“I cause you so much trouble.. if you want to leave me.. I can understand it…” Jaehwan says sadly and play with his own fingers.

“Jae… don’t listen to anything that Hongbin says.. I love you.. You, Lee Jaehwan. you’re my everything and don’t ever something to stupid such as me leaving you or what. I will never leave you and you are stuck with me forever.” Taekwoon says and pecks the younger’s forehead.

Jaehwan hugs the elder tightly, “ I love you”.

Taekwoon feels like his heart is going to fly out form his chest as this is the first time the younger says the three words to him.

“I love you too. Remember, you’re my everything and you worth everything and anything” Taekwoon replies. 


Hi people!!! I'm back with an update! and I'm done with my finals!!!! woohoo!!! :D

I'm planning to start a chaptered story.. what do you all think about it? :)