Worry

Drabblessss

“APPAAAAAAAAAAAA” little Hongbin shouts loudly while running to the living room.

Taekwoon raises his eyebrow while putting his handphone on the coffee table.

“Yes baby” Taekwoon replies while patting his thigh as a sign to ask the toddler comes to him.

“Appa!” little Hongbin says and pouts while sitting on his father’s lap.

“Why is our Binnie mad?” Taekwoon asks and mentally coos at the kid’s cute pout.

“I miss umma” Hongbin’s tone suddenly change from mad to pure sadness.

Taekwoon glances at the clock, it’s already 9 o’clock at night. He sighs, Jaehwan should be home around 6 in the evening which is 3 hours earlier but the younger didn’t. He messaged and called his wife, but he found that Jaehwan’s phone is off.

“Umma will be home soon..” Taekwoon says while running his hand through his son’s smooth black hair.

The kid doesn’t say anything but chooses to hug his father’s tightly.

Taekwoon sighs. Although he has been spending more time with Hongbin lately, it still doesn’t change the fact that the kid still prefer his mom over his dad. Jaehwan has been look after Hongbin since he was born and be with the kid almost 24/7 everyday. However, this changes since last few months when Jaehwan decides to go back to his workplace. Jaehwan says that its time for him to back to work since Hongbin now is attending kindergarten and daycare during weekdays.

Taekwoon widens his eyes when he finds that his shirt is wet.

“Binnie??” he asks while pulling away to look at the kid.

His eyes soften when he sees his son’s teary and puffy eyes.

“I… I miss umma…. I… I want umma…” Hongbin whines and cries even louder.

After 30 minutes of non-stop comforting, patting, cooing, his son still crying and seems even sadder than before. He decides to go to Jaehwan’s workplace. To be honest, he is really worry about Jaehwan, although the younger may be careless sometimes, but he will inform Taekwoon everything.

“Let’s go and get umma, kay?” Taekwoon asks while grabbing his car key and leave.

During the ride, Taekwoon can’t help but starts to think negatively. What if something happens to Jaehwan? He can’t afford to lose the younger. Unconsciously, he drives even faster.

As soon as they reach their destination, Taekwoon quickly walks into the office while carrying Hongbin.

“Hwannie??” “Umma??” they calls while entering Jaehwan’s workplace.

As they receive no replies, Taekwoon anxiously walking around to spot his wife.

“Umma!!!!” Hongbin suddenly shouts while looking at a certain direction.

Taekwoon quickly turns around and the sight in front of him makes him more anxious.

He finds that Jaehwan is lying unconsciously on the carpet with his phone in his grasp.

Taekwoon let Hongbin gets on his feet and they quickly run towards Jaehwan.

“Umma~~~” Hongbin cries when Jaehwan doesn’t response.

Taekwoon immediately carries his wife in bridal style and drive all the way to hospital.

“Will umma be okay?” Hongbin asks while sniffling, tiny hands holding tightly to Jaehwan’s large one.

“He will be sweetie..” Taekwoon tries to reply at a calm tone but he is seriously worry. He keep glancing at the rear mirror to check on Jaehwan.

-at the hospital-

“Jung Jaehwan” the doctor calls.

Taekwoon immediately stands up with Hongbin in his arms “I’m his husband. What happen to him? Is his heart having problem again?” he asks impatiently. He can’t help but worry since Jaehwan is diagnosed that having a weaker heart than others which makes him more vulnerable towards illness or any bacteria.

The doctor replies “He is fine. We found that he is lack of rest and his body is kind of weak. It seems that his heart is overworking during the mean time. The main reason of him fainted is because he is pregnant.”.

“Pregnant?”

The doctor nods “yes, your wife is pregnant which explains why his heart has to work even more than usual.”

Taekwoon is relieved at the doctor’s explanation but he can’t find himself to be happy. He looks at the sleeping Hongbin in his arms while reminiscing the days when Jaehwan was carrying Hongbin. Jaehwan has gone through a hard time throughout the pregnancy due to his weak body. Some of the doctors even suggest them to abort the baby as it may highly risk Jaehwan’s health but the younger insists to keep the baby. He says the baby is a gift from god and he knows that Taekwoon loves kids.

Taekwoon walks into the ward and place Hongbin onto the couch.

He sits besides Jaehwan while caressing the younger’s cheek.

“Babe..” he greets as the younger awakes.

“Where am I?” Jaehwan asks while looking around.

“You are in the hospital.. you make Binnie and I worry” Taekwoon says while pulling the younger into a tight hug.

“I’m sorry… I only remember that I feel weak and everything is black after that” Jaehwan whispers while holding onto Taekwoon tightly.

Jaehwan suddenly thinks of something and quickly pulls away from the hug. “Honey, what did the doctor says?”

“He says you’re pregnant..” Taekwoon says while looking at Jaehwan but he finds that the younger is avoiding his stare.

“Hwannie.. you already know you’re pregnant isn’t it?” Taekwoon says and Jaehwan quickly lowers his head while playing with his fingers.

Taekwoon sighs. He knows what’s the younger was thinking. He knows that Jaehwan wants to keep the baby. Believe him, he does too. However, Jaehwan’s health is more important than anything. It still scares him when Jaehwan almost lost his life while delivering Hongbin. He wants another kid as well, but what’s the point of raising them without Jaehwan being with him?

Taekwoon hugs Jaehwan tightly “Babe… I know you want to keep the baby.. but your health is more important.. we already have Binnie..” he pauses his speech while looking at the still asleep Hongbin and continues “I know it may sound selfish.. but I don’t want to lose you” he says sincerely.

“Woonie…. But… Hongbin always ranting about wanting a younger sibling and we finally have the chance… please… I want to keep the baby…” Jaehwan looks at Taekwoon with his puppy eyes with tears.

Taekwoon sighs, he knows that he can’t resist the younger. Moreover, he can’t bring himself to bring up the abortion.

“Hyung… I promise I will take care of myself…”

“Okay” Taekwoon says and Jaehwan’s expression immediately turns bright.

“I love you” Jaehwan says while hugging Taekwoon.

“I love you too” Taekwoon replies.

While lulling Jaehwan to sleep, Taekwoon prays ‘I hope everything will go well… I can’t afford to lose you..’

That night, Taekwoon falls asleep with a smile while thinking about the new addition to his family. He finds that it is more important to support and take care of Jaehwan rather than worrying too much.

 


An update finally!!! Getting busier nowadays.. i'm trying to update at least once a week~ hope you all like it! :)