Siblings Pt.4

Drabblessss

Little Jaehwan wakes up from sleep due to the bright sunlight which peek through the curtain of the windows. He whines and opens his eyes slowly, pouting as he sees the clock on the wall. Although he still does not know how to see the time properly, he knows that it is still early. He closes his eyes again and hug his chopper doll tightly, tries to sleep again.

However, he can’t fall asleep. He pouts again and pulls away the blanket on him. He turns to his side and finds that the bulldog plushie is still beside him. That is his second favourite plushie after his chopper. It was a gift from his elder brother, Taekwoon. He still remembers that the elder got it for him from a game at the festival last year.

“Jae Jae~ Hwannie is awake! Morning to you too!” he says cheerfully to the plushie. (The name of the bulldog plushie is Jae Jae). After talking and greeting morning to all of his plushies one by one, Jaehwan decides to leave his room and looks for his brother. It has been a habit that Jaehwan will look for his brother after he wakes up, it is always the first thing for him to do. Their parents find that it is cute that siblings are so close despite their .

Jaehwan walks to the bedroom which is located opposite his room. He knocks the door twice but receives no response. He pouts knowing that his brother is still asleep. Hmmph! Why hyungie is still  sleeping? Hwannie is awake and Hwannie wants to play. He thinks and decides to just enter the room and wakes his brother up. Sometimes Taekwoon can sleep in until afternoon if no one wakes him. Jaehwan decides to wakes his brother up by himself.

Jaehwan enters the room and walks over to the bed. As he expects, Taekwoon is still sleeping soundly on the bed, not knowing that someone has entered the room. He then pokes the elder’s cheek while calling the elder softly, “hyungie~ hyungie~ Hwannie is here”.

However, Taekwoon is not awake yet. The elder groans and turns to his side, back facing Jaehwan. The younger decides to wake the elder up with another method. He then uses all his strength to climb up the bed. He then slowly moves to lie beside his brother and hugs his brother around the neck with his slim arms.

“Hyungieeeeeeeeeeeeeee… wake up” Jaehwan whines and pats his brother’s cheek.

Taekwoon finally wakes up as he hears someone is calling and touching him. He groans slightly as his peaceful sleep is disturbed. However, the moment when he sees that the one who wakes him up is his baby brother, his frown turns to a smile.

“Morning Hwannie” Taekwoon greets with a smile and ruffles his brother’s fluffy hair. It is obvious that the younger just woke up from sleep as Jaehwan’s hair is messy and still in his pajamas.

“Lets go wash up with hyung, okay?” Taekwoon asks and sits up from his bed; Jaehwan is still clinging on him. The younger nods with a smile and hugs his brother tighter, asking his brother to carry him silently.

“Umma, appa. Good morning” the brothers greet their parents at the same time as they enter the kitchen. Jaehwan runs to his father, climbing up to sit on his father’s lap. The adult laughs and pinches the kid’s nose then places him on his high chair.

“Taekwoon, can you help me to buy groceries? Appa and I need to go to the bank” their mother asks with a smile.

Taekwoon nods and asks for the shopping list from his mother. He always has the habit of listing down a shopping list before going for grocery, it saves more time and nothing will be left out.

“Can Hwannie follow hyungie?” Jaehwan asks as he finishes his cereals. Jaehwan always likes to go to the supermarket. He enjoys seeing people and most importantly he can asks the adult to buy him snacks with aegyo.

“Of cause you can honey. Behave and listen to your hyung, okay?” their mother says and pats the kid’s head.

“Be careful boys” their father says and the brothers nod.

“Are you ready?” Taekwoon asks as he helps his brother to put on the pair of sneakers.

Jaehwan nods and giggles then they bid goodbye to their parents and leave the house.

---- At the supermarket ----

As what Taekwoon expects, Jaehwan is constantly whining to get ice cream and snacks. Everytime when he rejects, the younger will pout.

“We will only choose the snack after we done shopping for what is on the list, okay?” Taekwoon asks and pats his brother’s head.

Jaehwan nods obediently and follows his brother around the supermarket.

“Okay. We are done. You can choose any snacks that you want. But only two, okay? Two.” Taekwoon says as he leads his brother the snacks section.

Jaehwan nods and exclaim “Thank you!” happily. The younger then looks at every single snack on the rack carefully. Since he is only allowed for two snacks, he needs to choose wisely.

Jaehwan smiles brightly as he spots his favourite biscuit on the rack. However, the location of the snack is too high for him to reach. He jumps for few times, trying his best to reach the biscuit but he fails to do so. Taekwoon chuckles softly as he sees the scene, his baby brother is just too cute.

“Let hyungie help you, okay?” Taekwoon asks and holds the younger’s shoulder, preventing his brother from jumping again.

“But Hwannie wants to take” Jaehwan whines and Taekwoon decides to carry his brother so that Jaehwan can reach the biscuit.

“Thank you hyungie” Jaehwan thanks his brother after getting his favourite biscuit.

After getting the grocery done, Taekwoon decides to stop by the ice cream shop nearby. He always likes to spoil his brother. He feels happy whenever Jaehwan’s doe eyes are shining with happiness.

When they reach home, Jaehwan announces that he is tired and wants to take a short nap. Taekwoon reads a story book for his brother and sings him a lullaby.

“Thank you hyungie. I love you” Jaehwan says sleepily before falls asleep.

“Hyungie love you. sleep well, my baby brother” Taekwoon says and leaves the room, decides to watch television for the time being before Jaehwan wakes up from the nap and asks to play together. 


Enjoy reading :D