Family day

Drabblessss

 

Baby Jaehwan is sitting on the swing at his house’s backyard. He is humming randomly while staring at his neighbor’s gate. “Baby, what are you doing here? Its getting cold, you should go in” mama Hongbin says with a warm smile. His baby has been sitting outdoor exposed to the cold weather for more than half an hour, he knows for sure papa Sanghyuk will blame him if their precious baby get sicks.

The baby doesn’t show a hint of intention to enter the house, only points his tiny index finger towards their neighbor’s house and says “hyungie!”. Hongbin laughs, so his son is waiting for their best friend’s kid, Taekwoon to be back from the kindergarten. “Umma~ what time hyungie will be here?” Jaehwan whines with a pout.

Hongbin looks at his cute son, his baby always whines or pouts when he is complaining or upset. Sometimes he wonders where does his son learn all these from because he is sure that he is not whiney or pouts a lot, or maybe he does but its rarely and his husband Sanghyuk is not on the cute side either. He decides to tease his son a little, “Hmm.. your hyungie is not coming today..” he says and observes his son.

Jaehwan looks upset since the elder visits him on daily basis. In his 28 months life of living, Taekwoon has been beside him almost every day. “Hyungie…. Hyungie is not coming?” Jaehwan says sadly and tears are starting to fall. Hongbin is slightly taken back by his son’s reaction, he expects the baby will be upset since the baby adores the elder kid a lot but he doesn’t expect the baby will cry for the elder kid.

“Umma is sorry.. Taekwoon should be here soon.. Umma is just joking..” Hongbin immediately says and comforts his son. He doesn’t want his baby to cry because of one of his silly jokes. “Really? Hyungie will be here? Really really?” Jaehwan asks and stares at his mom. Hongbin nods and pecks his son’s nose.

“Jaehwanie!!” Taekwoon shouts while running towards the baby who is still on the swing. “Hyungieee~” Jaehwan greets happily and jumps off the swing while running towards the elder. Both of them hug each other tightly, only pulls away from each other when mama Hongbin and mama Hakyeon urge them to go in before they catch a cold.

Both the kids watch cartoon together at the living. They are cuddling each other under a warm blanket which Hongbin prepares for them with two cups of hot chocolate at the table in front of them. They are so absorb into the television and don’t notice that both the adults have enter the living room and sit at the couch beside him.

“Taekwoonie, Jaehwanie” Hakyeon calls softly and both the kids stare at him with curious eyes. “We are planning to have a family day together. Where do you all want to go?” Hongbin asks and the kids smile widely at the thought that they can go out together and have fun together.

Taekwoon looks at Jaehwan who is sitting beside him, the baby only smiles at him adorably. “Where you want to go Hwannie?” Taekwoon asks softly. “Can we go zoo? Hwannie wants to see animals” Jaehwan says softly, afraid that his idea will be rejected by the others. The elder kid smiles while reaching out to hold the baby’s hand to assure him, he turns to Hakyeon and asks “Can we go to the zoo?”. “Of cause we can sweetie~ both of you are so adorable.. I can bring you all to the moon if you want.” Hakyeon answers with a wink and earn an eye roll from Hongbin. “We can go to the zoo!” Taekwoon exclaims happily and Jaehwan nods with a bright smile.  

That night, both the kids fall asleep with a smile. They pray that time can pass faster so that they can have their little date, or to be exact their family day at the zoo. 


An update!! Honestly i think this short story is boring but hope you all enjoy reading it :)