Confession

Drabblessss

Jaehwan is warm, cute, naïve, innocent, easy-going.

Taekwoon is cold, calm, mature, quiet.

They have known each other for around 15 years. Their mothers are good friends of each other. The first meeting of both of them was when Taekwoon was 3 years old while Jaehwan was 1 year old. The moment Taekwoon met the younger, the first thought that came across his mind was ‘cute’. They grew up together, played together, and even entered the same school. Even at young age, it was obvious that Taekwoon was playing the role as a hyung for Jaehwan. Although he didn’t talk much, he look after Jaehwan, protected him and became his listener.

Time passes, Taekwoon is 17 years old now while Jaehwan is 15. Their beautiful friendship is still going and growing strong. Taekwoon is the first one to feel the changes in their friendship. He didn’t know the exact timing on how that happened or the cause of it but the feeling of him towards Jaehwan changed. He no longer sees Jaehwan as a cute brother but he sees him as his lover or someone who he is willing to spend his lifetime with. Despite his cold image, he has to admit that he has a soft spot for the younger. He tried to ignore and hide his true feelings when together with the younger. However, the clingy nature of Jaehwan only makes things even worse.

He tried to ignore and avoid the younger. However, his mission of ‘avoid Jaehwan as much as possible’ is forcefully stop because he can’t bear with the younger’s sadden puppy eyes when he tried to reject his invitation for movie or meals. Their surroundings friends are frustrated with their so call ‘friendship’ or brotherhood. It was obvious that Taekwoon loves Jaehwan, the way he looks at the younger, the way he take notes of everything that Jaehwan said without the younger noticing, sometimes they even think that Taekwoon knows Jaehwan more than himself.

“Why don’t you confess? It was so damn obvious that you love him. Even a blind man can sense it” Wonshik said while staring at Taekwoon who is looking at Jaehwan who is sketching randomly on some drawing blocks. “…………. It’s not like I didn’t think of it before.. but.. he is so innocent and oblivious of everything” Taekwoon said softly. “He didn’t even catch any hints that I dropped” Taekwoon sighs. After his conversation with Wonshik, Taekwoon thinks that maybe he should just confess. It doesn’t help anything if he is going to keep quiet about this.

Few days later, Taekwoon asks Jaehwan to meet up at the park in their neighborhood. He avoids the wordings of ‘dates’ since he is afraid that it will scare away the younger. He reached 10 minutes earlier than the promised time and his palm keep sweating at the thought of confessing. He can see that Jaehwan is running towards his direction while clumsily zipping up his jacket.

“Hy.. Hyung… sorry I’m late…” Jaehwan said while panting.

“its okay..” Taekwoon said while brushing away the younger’s bangs and fixes his jacket for him.

“so hyung.. why you ask me out today?” Jaehwan asks curiously while staring Taekwoon with his wide eyes.

“I can’t?”

“no no no… its just that normally its me who ask you out…”

Taekwoon looks at the younger and grabs his hands. ‘Is now or never. Be a man, Taekwoon!’ he thinks.

“Jaehwan-ah”

“hmmm??” Jaehwan looks up blushing.

‘Cute.. maybe this is the reason why I fall for him’ Taekwoon thinks.

“do you like hyung?”

“yes! I like you hyung” Jaehwan answered without skipping a beat.

“no.. I mean..” Taekwoon sighs again since Jaehwan is being oblivious again.

“Jaehwan-ah… what I meant is.. do you like hyung or love hyung in romance sense?” Taekwoon looks at Jaehwan who is still confused.

“Let me phrase it.. do you want to be my boyfriend?” Taekwoon asks hopefully.

“I don’t know.. I like being with hyungie.. I miss you when hyungie is not around.. I want to spend more time with hyungie… I feel butterflies in my stomach when being with hyungie… I don’t know why….” Jaehwan says with tears in his eyes and looks at Taekwoon confusedly.

“That’s mean you fall in love, Jaehwan…” Taekwoon said while pulling the younger into a hug.

“So will you be my boyfriend?” Taekwoon asks softly while patting the younger’s head.

“I don’t know how…”

“silly.. we will learn and discover step by step, okay?” Taekwoon says softly and hugs the younger.

Jaehwan snuggles into the elder’s broad chest and whispers “I… I… I love you hyung..”

“I love you too, my Jaehwan. I have love you for a long time..” Taekwoon replies.


An update! Have a nice day people!! ^.^