Ever since

Drabblessss

“Hyungieeeeeeeee” Little Jaehwan whines and runs towards the elder.

“Yes Hwannie?” the elder looks at him with a smile.

“Play with Hwannie.. Hwannie is bored” Jaehwan says and pouts.

Taekwoon chuckles at the cute younger “lets go”

Although Taekwoon is 2 years elder than Jaehwan and has his own circle of friends who are same age as him, he still chooses to play with the younger. 

He still remembers the first day he the younger, in which the younger was crying alone at the front of kindergarten not wanting to be separated from his mom. Little Jaehwan was crying so loud and looked like a lost puppy who needed guidance and help. He took up courage and walked towards the younger.

“Why are you crying?” he asks while gently wiped away the tears that were flowing non stop.

“I want mommy.. mommyyyyy” the younger cried even louder and wailed. 

He was shocked when the smaller started to cry even way louder than before, he just wanted to comfort him but not make it worse.

He immediately brought the younger into his arms and pat his back lightly “Mommy will not like it if you keep crying.. stop crying”

“But I miss mommy” little Jaehwan now have reduced to only sniffles and clutched on the elder’s shirt.

“Mommy will pick you up at the end of the day.. stop crying okay?” Taekwoon asked softly with the hope that the younger would stop crying.

The younger nodded slightly against his chest and he smiled “I’m Jung Taekwoon, you can call me Taekwoon hyung”

The younger looked up and smiled widely “Woonie hyung!!! I’m Lee Jaehwan, you can call me Hwannie!!” he introduced himself excitedly. 

Ever since that day, both of them have been played together in the kindergarten and even have play dates at each other house after school or during weekends.

Jaehwan will always refer Taekwoon as his favourite hyung, the one that he loves the most after his family and chopper. He finds comfort in the elder. Taekwoon always refer Jaehwan as his favourite dongsaeng, the one that he has to protect. He even swore that he would do anything just to protect his precious Jaehwan. The younger is so innocent and naïve that he felt like the younger is needed to be protected. 

-12 years later-

Taekwoon is now 18 years old while Jaehwan is 16. The elder is going to graduate from the high school and go for university. Of cause, as Taekwoon’s best friend, Jaehwan is happy that the elder have passed the examination with flying colours and the elders are proud of him. 

However, he has becomes moody at the thought that Taekwoon may leave him and go to other places for a better university. He can’t blame the elder if the elder wants to do so, there is just one university near their neighborhood and it is not those good or famous university like those in the big cities. Plus, Taekwoon is so smart that he have been receiving scholarship offer to university at other states. Jaehwan becomes anxious, nervous and upset at the thought that Taekwoon might leave him. 

He knows he shouldn’t be selfish, he is just the elder’s best friend or favourite dongsaeng. He has no rights to stop the elder from achieving his dream. He hates to admit it but his admiration towards Taekwoon has been turned into crush. He loves Taekwoon. He does think before that he can try to confess to the elder. However, he was afraid that it will ruin their friendship. He thinks that the elder only sees him as best friend or brother but not more than that. He comforts himself that it is good enough, because at least he can still stay besides Taekwoon, helping him, listen to him, be the usual favourite dongsaeng of the elder.

Today, they are having a casual hangout at their favourite café. It has been a routine for them to visit the place every weekend ever since the elder started to love drinking latte. 

Everything is like usual, the atmosphere is warm, the latte taste good, people around are quiet and having their own good times. However, Taekwoon feels that something is wrong. He looks around and think hards.

It hits him when he looks at Jaehwan. The younger is much more quiet than usual and his eyes are gloomy, not the usual bright shinny doe eyes.

“Hwannie?” he calls.

Jaehwan looks up but averts his eyes to other direction immediately and says “y…yes hyung”

“Is there anything that bothers you?”

‘You’ Jaehwan thinks but he can’t say it out loud.

“Nothing. I’m alright.” Jaehwan says with a smile but Taekwoon can see that it was a forced one.

Taekwoon sighs and stands up.

“Hyung?”

“Lets go. We’re leaving now” Taekwoon says while dragging the younger.

Soon, they reach the park nearby their house.

“Hyung, why are we here?” Jaehwan asks while looking at the elder curiously.

“Tell me” the elder says sternly and looks into Jaehwan’s eyes.

“huh???”

“Tell me what is bothering you. It hurts me when you look nothing but upset! You have been more quiet than usual as well. Tell me!!!” Taekwoon unintentionally shouts at the younger but he immediately regret when the younger looks like 100000 times more upset than before.

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean to shout at you.. I’m just worried..” he says gently this time.

“you…” Jaehwan whispers and looking at his own feet.

It was so soft but Taekwoon is able to catch it “me??”

‘Its now or never.. I should just say it out now.. no point lying to hyung anymore’ Jaehwan thinks and looks at the elder who is visibly upset as well.

“I… I like you, hyung… more than a friend…” Jaehwan takes a deep breath and continues “I like you.. no.. I love you… it hurts me when you only see me as a brother or best friend… it hurts me when you are most probably leaving here to go for a better university… it hurts me that you might leave me… everything is hurt….” Jaehwan collapses and hugs himself while crying as he finishes his speech.

Taekwoon is shock at the speech, but he decides to push all that aside and walks towards the younger. He brings the younger into his arms.

“I don’t only see you as a best friend… I’m not leaving for a better university.. I’m not leaving you as well.. I promised that I will protect you isn’t it?” Taekwoon says while caressing Jaehwan’s cheeks. 

“hyung.. you don’t have to do that for me…” 

“are you that dense? I’m telling you that I love you as well. And I will be with you” Taekwoon says.

“Really hyung?”

The elder nods and kiss the younger on the lips deepy.

In between the kiss, he says “don’t ever think of I will leave you.. I will always be with you.. ever since that day..”

 

 


Hello!! hope you all like ti ^.^ 

I may be not able to update daily as before since i'm going to start schooling days soon. i will try my best to update as frequent as possible. Thank you! :)