Finally

Drabblessss

Jaehwan is in love with his best friend, Taekwoon. Or to be exact, he is madly in love with the elder.

When? He doesn’t know, not even sure. He guesses it’s probably the first day he met the elder. Taekwoon was wearing a plain white tee with a pair of jeans. It’s nothing special, but it looks perfectly fine on him.

How? Once again, he doesn’t know. Maybe it’s because the way the elder take care of him. Maybe it’s because the elder is willing to be his listener while he is the speaker in their friendship. Maybe because he just feels comfortable being with the elder.

Why? Again, he doesn’t know. Most probably it’s because the elder is always so considerate and loving. The elder may look like the scariest person ever on earth but he is always so caring towards him.

“Hyungggggggggg” Hongbin whines and takes the seat beside Jaehwan, clinging onto the elder’s arm as well.

It is obvious that Hongbin has a crush on Jaehwan. Everyone except Jaehwan notices it. Hongbin will seek for every single chance to be with the elder, even accompanying the elder in the art room in which Jaehwan is so focus on drawing that ignoring his presence at most of the time.

“Yes Binnie~” Jaehwan greets cheerfully, smiling widely at the younger who flashes him a beautiful dimple smile.

“Hi Taekwoon hyung” Hongbin greets the eldest who is sitting at another side of Jaehwan. The eldest is eating his lunch quietly. He feels jealous of the eldest sometimes, Jaehwan and the eldest are always together. It seems like they are joined at the hip.

Taekwoon only nods as response, eyes not leaving his food, showing no interest in joining the conversation. How can one be so cold? Hongbin thinks.

“Hyungie~ you shouldn’t be rude” Jaehwan whines at Taekwoon’s cold response. The eldest smiles slightly and pats Jaehwan’s head, nodding slightly.

Jaehwan smiles with satisfaction, turns to his side to face Hongbin. “Oh ya.. Whats bring you here? Don’t you have basketball practice?” Jaehwan asks the younger.

Hongbin looks at the Taekwoon for a brief second, contemplating whether it is a good timing to ask the Jaehwan out or not. However, he decides to just ask rather than worrying so much. He smiles and asks “Hyung~ there is a party on this Saturday at Sanghyuk’s house. Will you go with me as my date?”. Hongbin asks while praying hopefully, he really wants to be the elder’s boyfriend, to pamper the adorable elder. He is so tired of chasing after the elder, trying to drop hint every now and then but it seems Jaehwan didn’t catch any of that.

Jaehwan is stay still for a second and whispers “date?”. Isn’t date is someone that you like or your crush? Jaehwan thinks and turns slightly to observe Taekwoon’s expression, silently praying that the elder will show at least a hint of jealousy. If hyung likes me, he will feel jealous. Right? To his disappointment, the elder is still emotionless, showing no change in his expression. Maybe its time to move on then.. it has been so long I crush on him…

Jaehwan smiles at Hongbin and says “okay”. Hongbin jumps up due to excitement, feeling like on the cloud nine. The youngest then reach forward and hugs Jaehwan “Thank you hyung! I will pick you up this Saturday! See you” he says and runs off to have his basketball practice.

Everything seems fine. Yet, Jaehwan missed the jealous look on Taekwoon’s face when Hongbin sat beside him, missed that Taekwoon tightens the grip on his spoon when Hongbin asked him to be his date, missed that Taekwoon clenches his fist tightly when Hongbin hugged him.

---- After school ----

As promised, Taekwoon and Jaehwan go to their favourite ice cream shop after class. It used to be only Jaehwan's favourite but becomes Taekwoon's favourite as well (influenced by the ice cream or Jaehwan?).

Taekwoon immediately goes to the counter while Jaehwan sits at their favourite. By now, Taekwoon can easily orders at any place without  asking Jaehwan. Although he looks like he doesn't care about it, he takes note every Jaehwan's likes and dislike.

Few minutes later, Taekwoon takes a seat opposite Jaehwan and passes the ice cream to the younger. Jaehwan smiles brightly at the sweet treat.

Both of them are enjoying the ice cream silently. Jaehwan is staring outside the window, stay quiet for the whole time. Taekwoon is silently staring at the younger, observing every single feature on the younger's face.

"Do you like him?" Taekwoon asks, breaking the silent.

Jaehwan looks in confusion, tilts his head to the side.

"Hongbin. Do you like him?" Taekwoon asks once again, eyes staring straight at Jaehwan.

Jaehwan is shocked at the question. How should he answer it? He looks away and says "Maybe? It's the first time someone asks me out. I'm not famous or good looking like you. He is a good person. I think it's worth to try". The answer may be half truth, he is trying hard to move on.

There are people who wants to ask you out. I push away every single one of them. I want to protect you from those people. I want you just for myself. I want you to just look at me, Jaehwan ah Taekwoon thinks. It's true. Whenever there are people who want to ask Jaehwan out or flirt with the younger, he will be the one who rescue the younger. He is always protective over the younger. He likes the younger but he is too scared to confess, afraid that it will ruin their friendship. So, he opts to protect and be with the younger in this way.

"There is someone who loves you more than Hongbin tho" Taekwoon says softly. The person is me. I love you more than anyone, Jaehwan ah.. Taekwoon thinks.

"Hyung... are you jealous?" Jaehwan asks, sounds playful but deep down he is praying that the elder is actually jealous.

"Of cause not.. You can be with anyone you like" Taekwoon replies quickly, sounds harsher than he intended to.

Jaehwan pouts, feels hurt at the elder's comment. Again, I'm thinking too much.. It's impossible for hyung to like someone like me... he thinks sadly, continues eating his ice cream silently, heart breaking at the same time.

Taekwoon clenches his fist silently, not missing the hurt look on the younger's face. Maybe I'm too harsh.. But it's okay if Jaehwan is happy...

---- The next day ----

Taekwoon is sitting under tree at the field, enjoying the wind while waiting for Jaehwan. The younger promised to bring him lunch box for the day.

He immediately puts down the novel he has been reading when he hears footsteps nearing. However, the disappointment is real when the person in front of him is not Jaehwan but Hakyeon. Taekwoon sighs softly and picks up the book again, starting to read again.

Hakyeon sits beside Taekwoon, looking at his friend quietly. He actually comes for a reason but he does not know how to start the conversation.

“Taekwoon ah” Hakyeon says, Taekwoon hums, a sign that he is actually listening.

“Hongbin told me that Jaehwan promised to be his date this Saturday..” Hakyeon starts off. Although Taekwoon tries to remain his poker face, it is obvious that he is affected by the topic. Taekwoon closes the novel with a sigh.

“You like Jaehwan don’t you? Don’t try to deny it, I know you more than you expect” Hakyeon says sternly, not leaving a room for Taekwoon to protest or debate.

“He is my best friend, Hakyeon ah.. he sees me as his best friend… it will be selfish if I refrain him from doing anything he likes just with the title of ‘bestfriend’.. you know?” Taekwoon says softly.

“Taekwoon ah.. I think you should confess before Hongbin takes any action. Jaehwan deserves to know your actual feelings. At least, let him acknowledge you. You have sacrificed so much for him..” Hakyeon says, convincing his friend to confess.

Taekwoon sighs again, mind drifting back to something that he has done for Jaehwan. One time, for the first time in his life, he skipped the football practice, just because Jaehwan begged him to support him in a drawing contest. One time, he gave up his sleep and rushed out from his house because Jaehwan had a nightmare in the middle of the night and afraid of being alone. One time, he tried so hard to save money just to buy Jaehwan a new pair of sneakers that the younger had been eyeing for some time. One time, he felt like he was going to have heart attack when the younger fell into the water. He jumped into the water without thinking much, trying his best to pull up the younger despite his injured foot which still far from recovery.

“Hyungie~~” Jaehwan greets cheerfully when he approaches Taekwoon, pouts slightly at the sight of Hakyeon. Lately, Taekwoon has been closer with Hakyeon and he is not happy with that.

“I will leave now. Think about what I have said, okay?” Hakyeon says and leaves, earns a nod from Taekwoon.

“Hyunggggggg” Jaehwan whines and sits in front of Taekwoon, placing one of the lunchboxes on the elder’s lap. “I woke up earlier than usual to prepare this. Hope you like it hyung~” Jaehwan says while blushing. Taekwoon smiles at the younger he wishes that he has the privilege of having the younger to prepare his lunchbox for the rest of his life.

“Does it taste good?” Jaehwan asks nervously, still haven’t start eating. “It tastes good. Eat now, Jaehwan ah~ you are so cute” Taekwoon says and pats the younger’s head. Jaehwan blushes madly, wishes that the action earlier actually have different meaning behind it rather than just being the elder’s best friend.

---- Friday ----

Tomorrow is the day Jaehwan will be Hongbin’s date for the party. Should I confess to him before that? Taekwoon thinks and sighs, continue to stare at the blue sky.

Hakyeon is right. I should do something before it’s too late. Taekwoon finally decides to confess and picks up his phone, texting Jaehwan.

To: Jaehwanie

Let’s meet up. I will pick you up around 12.

 

Jaehwan picks up his phone as he hears the notification ring tone. He wonders who will text him at this timing, its still early.

From: Woonie hyung

Let’s meet up. I will pick you up around 12.

Jaehwan smiles brightly at the text, heart fills with pure happiness. At the moment, he realizes that Taekwoon will always be his source of happiness. He suddenly feels so regret that he had agreed of being Hongbin’s date for the party on the next day.

As usual, Taekwoon is one who is punctual while Jaehwan is still haven’t get ready even its already 12. “Hyungie~ 5 more minutes, okay?” Jaehwan says cutely while clinging onto the elder, showing his bright smile and doe eyes. Taekwoon smiles and stares at the younger lovingly, nod slightly. Jaehwan giggles happily and runs to his room again, changing into shirt and jeans from his comfy baggy t shirt.

“Hyungie~ where are we going?” Jaehwan asks. They are finally leaving the house after 30 minutes because Jaehwan can’t decide which shirt to wear and Taekwoon decides to just pick one for him instead of keep on waiting.

“Where do you want to go?” Taekwoon asks instead and earns a whine from the younger. “Hyungieeee~ you are the one who asked me out! You should be the one who plan the outing~” Jaehwan whines.

Cute, Taekwoon thinks and says “We are going to have lunch at the restaurant by the lake side”. Jaehwan perks up at the statement, “really hyung? You mean the restaurant I have been wanting to go for a long time???” the younger asks excitedly.

Taekwoon nods and smiles. Jaehwan smiles widely and hugs the elder “hyungie is the best” while giggling.

---- In the restaurant ----

Jaehwan can’t stop smiling, he is so happy that Taekwoon brings him to this restaurant. He has been wanting to come to this restaurant. Hongbin once wanted to bring him here but he wanted to come this place with Taekwoon. The restaurant is by the lake side, it is romantic and beautiful. Jaehwan always feels that this particular restaurant will be his dream restaurant for his date if he has a chance to be with Taekwoon.

“You seem very happy today” Taekwoon comments, smiling unconsciously since he can see that Jaehwan is really happy. Jaehwan nods and says “This place is great. I’m glad that you are here with as well”.

“Give me a minute” Taekwoon says and leaves his seat. Jaehwan is curious but he lets the issues go, assuming that the elder has to go the washroom.

Taekwoon comes back few minutes later, hand holding a bouquet of roses. This time, he does not sit opposite Jaehwan but standing beside him.

Taekwoon holds the younger’s hand and asks the younger to stand up.

The elder then places the bouquet of roses on the younger’s hand.

“Jaehwan ah.. I have been in love with you for a long time. I thought that I will be happy and content if you are happy. But that’s up until Hongbin asked you out. I realized that you mean a lot to me, more than I have imagined. You have been in my life for a long time and I only want you to be in my future life as well. I can’t imagine one day seeing you in other’s arm. I can’t imagine one day you are no longer clinging onto me. I can’t imagine one day seeing you being lovey dovey with other. I want you all by myself. Can I? Will you be my boyfriend? Stay with me, be with me?” Taekwoon asks sincerely and stares at the younger lovingly.

What he doesn’t expect is, Jaehwan starts crying few seconds after his confession.

“Jaehwan? Are you okay? I’m sorry if I’m pushing you too much” Taekwoon apologizes immediately, afraid that the younger will be upset because of him. Happiness is something that Jaehwan deserves and Taekwoon will make sure of it with all his efforts.

“You bad guy!” Jaehwan exclaims and hits the elder’s chest.

“Did I do something wrong? I’m sorry.. stop crying” Taekwoon says immediately and reaches out to wipe the tears.

“I have been waiting… I have been waiting for so long.. why does it take so long for you to confess? I’m at the verge of giving up, trying to move on…” Jaehwan says and looks up with teary eyes.

“So you like me too? I’m not too late?” Taekwoon asks with a smile.

“Of cause you will never be too late. I have been waiting for so long” Jaehwan says and smiles softly.

“So will you be my boyfriend?” Taekwoon asks with a loving smile.

Jaehwan nods and the elder immediately pulls the younger into a hug.

Both of them are enjoying their sweet moment while all the customers and staff in the restaurant are clapping and smiling while congratulate them.

“So will you still be Hongbin’s date tomorrow?” Taekwoon asks and Jaehwan shakes his head lightly.

“Good. Because you are mine” Taekwoon says and pecks the younger’s forehead.



the longest drabble i guess xD

The 100th chapter! Enjoy reading :D