Approval

Drabblessss

“Hey. How is it feel like to live with your boyfriend?” Taekwoon asks while sipping his favorite latte.

“you mean with Sanghyuk?” Hongbin asks innocently and Taekwoon only glares at the younger. “Do you have another boyfriend?” Taekwoon asks the younger and Hongbin immediately shakes his head.

“Of cause I only have Sanghyuk. Oh my god hyung. You don’t speak much but sometimes you scare me when you open your mouth.” Hongbin complains and only earns another glare from the elder.

“Answer my earlier question” Taekwoon says again, not wanting to waste any time.

“It feels good.” Hongbin says and sips his iced tea and continues “I mean great. Being able to wake up in your lover’s arms, you can see your favorite person in the world the moment you open your eyes, can enjoy some homey dates. You know, like cooking together, watching old movies and cuddles like nobody’s business. Most important you know, can have some intimate moments without any disturbance..” Hongbin ends his speech with a smirk and Taekwoon thinks that the younger’s innocent is tainted by Sanghyuk or the younger is not that innocent to begin with.

Taekwoon hums as respond while his brain is absorbing those information. Suddenly, Hongbin’s eyes widen and mouth open widely as something clicks in his mind. “OH MY GOD HYUNG! ARE YOU GOING TO ASK JAEHWAN HYUNG TO MOVE IN WITH YOU?” he asks in a loud voice and the elder immediately reaches out and cover Hongbin’s mouth with his own hand. “Can you please be quiet or at least speak softly?” Taekwoon asks and glances around.

Hongbin smiles apologetically, “I’m just shocked~ but its about time tho. Both of you have been together for about 4 years, even longer than Sanghyuk and I”. Taekwoon nods and Hongbin continues “But its not going to be easy tho. Uncle Wonshik and uncle Hakyeon is so protective of Jaehwan hyung. I doubt you will get approval easily”. Taekwoon sighs, of cause he knows. His boyfriend has the most protective parents in the world.

Wonshik and Hakyeon are Jaehwan’s parents who are very caring, lovely and most importantly, protective. He still remembers the days when he was courting Jaehwan. Wonshik looked at him with judging eyes and Hakyeon just shake his head lightly as disapproval. He remembers vividly the day he sat the Jaehwan’s house living room and begged for the approval to date the younger. He still remembers he used one month to convince Wonshik and Hakyeon that he will take care and protect the younger when he just wanted to go for a short trip with the younger. Things have been better and easier now but Jaehwan still have curfew and some strict but weird rules set by the Navi couple.

“I know its not going to be easy. That’s why I have been thinking lately.” Taekwoon says softly and plays with spoon on the table. “Well, good luck then. Uncles are not that scary” Hongbin replies and both of them leave the café together shortly afterwards.

That night, Taekwoon goes to Jaehwan’s house for a family dinner. He stands in front of the door nervously and waiting for someone to answer the door. Few minutes later, the door open and someone throws himself onto him, latching himself on him. Taekwoon looks down only find that his cute adorable cheeky boyfriend, Jaehwan is snuggling against his broad chest. His hand reaches up to ruffles the younger’s hair, “hey you. I miss you”. “I miss you too, hyung” the younger replies and blushes beautifully.

The dinner goes on smoothly, Taekwoon thinks, at least its not awkward. “So, I heard Jaehwan said that you have something want to ask us” Wonshik asks after dinner when all of them are sitting at the living room. Taekwoon looks around nervously and reaches out to hold Jaehwan’s hand tightly. “Hmm.. I have just bought an apartment lately and I wish Jaehwan can move in with me” Taekwoon says softly but putting in as much confident and determination as he could.

Jaehwan is biting his lower lips nervously, he is afraid that his parents will reject or even scold the elder for it. “Kim Jaehwan, I can see that you already know this before hand.” Wonshik says and looks at his own son. Jaehwan only nods and avoids his father’s intense stare. Hakyeon only sighs and says “Your father and I have been thinking lately. We know that you will move out with Taekwoon but its just the matter of time. You have grown up and I know that we are quite protective over you. You know, you are our only child, and you are the target of bully since young, smaller in size in compare to your same age friends. We are afraid of you getting hurt.” he ends his speech with teary eyes and Wonshik immediately hugs his wife.

“We approve” Wonshik says suddenly and looks sternly at Taekwoon “but make sure you will take care of our little prince. You will be dead if something happens on him. Do not hurt him or make him cry. Cherish him like we do”. Jaehwan feels touched at his parents’ confession and stands up to hug his parents. “Appa, umma. I love you so much. And thank you.” He says softly and kiss both his parents’ cheek.

One week later, Jaehwan moves in with Taekwoon to the new apartment with the help from the Navi couple. Before his parents leave, his father leave some threats to Taekwoon while his mother nags on his boyfriend. Taekwoon smiles softly at his apartment, as long as he can be with Jaehwan, he doesn’t mind to deal with the protective parents. 


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :D

Enjoy reading!