Memories

Drabblessss

Taekwoon walks into the quiet apartment. The place where holds most of his precious memories, the place where he has spent the most of his time with his lover. He stares into the space lifelessly. He has lost himself ever since the day Jaehwan left him alone. He feels upset, pain and hopeless. All he wanted is to spend his life with Jaehwan, loving the younger as much as he can, spoil the younger as much as he able to.

Taekwoon then walks around apartment, allowing himself to reminiscing those days that he had spent with the love of his life, Lee Jaehwan.

The kitchen…

The oven. Jaehwan used to bake me cookies and cakes since he knows that I like sweets.

The coffee maker. Jaehwan had save up most of his money to buy me a coffee maker since he knows that I enjoy coffee the most. He even learnt how to make coffee for me.

The stove. We used to cook for each other, enjoying home cooked food together. We also went to the grocery together, trying to save up money for our future.

The dining table. Jaehwan used to whine so that he can sit on my lap. He said he felt protected in that way.

Taekwoon wipes his tears and walks to the living room which located besides the kitchen.

He touches the sofa softly, not minding the dust on it.

Jaehwan chose it because of the colour and size despite my objection. We used to cuddle on it while watching the television or just sitting there and chat.

He then opens the drawer and smiles bitterly as he sees some of his favourite snacks are stil there.

Jaehwan always keeps some snacks in here in case that I’m hungry but too lazy to walk to the kitchen to get food.

The television. Jaehwan ah, remember? This is the first thing we bought for our apartment since we both know that you can’t survive without it.

This time, Taekwoon allows his tears to flow uncontrollably. He misses Jaehwan, so much, so much that it hurts.

He then walks to the room, glancing around.

The wardrobe. Remember? You used to hide in here when you did something wrong. Although it’s annoying but it’s cute.

The mirror. You used to fix my tie before I left to work in the morning. You also helped me to remove when I came back from work.

The bed. You used to sleep in my arms. I used to sleep later than you so that I can see your sleeping face. You look so perfectly beautiful you know? You used to wake me up with kisses and I always acted like I was still asleep so that I can enjoy it more.

Taekwoon can feel that his heart is breaking into pieces as the memories are floating through his mind. He then enters the bathroom.

We used to brush our teeth together in the morning. I remembered that you always helped me to shave as you said that I look best when I’m neat and clean. I used to tease you when you did your daily skincare routine here but I had to admit that you are the prettiest man out there. You like using the bathtub rather than the shower, because its more relaxing and calming for you. And I used to join you in the shower despite you protested shyly.

Taekwoon smiles sadly at those memories. As much as he tries to, he can’t stop crying. He then steps into the bathtub which filled with water. He then lets himself sinks into it completely. He smiles happily before he loses his consciousness.

Jaehwan ah, I’m coming. Wait for me at the heaven’s door. I’m coming to you, again. 


Enjoy reading :D