Protective brother

Drabblessss

“What time will your brother reach home?” Taekwoon asks, eyes and fingers still focusing on the video game that he is playing with Wonshik.

He is at Wonshik’s house again. He always goes to his best friend’s house after class. At first it is due to boredom as he always home alone, then now it is because of his love interest, he has a crush on his best friend’s brother.

Wonshik glances at the clock and shrugs, “soon I think? It’s almost four and he should be reaching anytime soon” he says and continues playing the video game.

“Good. Can’t wait” Taekwoon says with a grin and Wonshik throws a pillow onto him.

“What are you doing? I’m leading the game!” Taekwoon exclaims and glares at his friend.

“That’s because you are interested in my brother!” Wonshik replies and pauses the game.

“Can you stop being possessive? I just think that he is cute” Taekwoon replies with a sigh. He can understand that siblings should help and take care of each other. However, Wonshik is just so protective that he feels that it is too over sometimes.

“It is obvious that you like him. You like him very much. Don’t you?” Wonshik asks his friend, putting away the controller; he does not have the mood to play the game anymore.

“I like him” Taekwoon admits, its no point to deny when the other already knows about it. “Wonshik ah, I will not hurt him. Don’t be so stress” Taekwoon continues.

“I know… I just… you know..” Wonshik replies with a sigh.

Taekwoon nods, he knows the other’s concern. Wonshik’s parents are working oversea, leaving the two brothers living by their own in Korea. Since young age, Wonshik already clear about his responsibility to take care and protect his younger brother. His friend will try to skip extra practices or activities as much as possible if he knows he brother is going to be home alone. Wonshik is one of the best brothers out there in who is admirable.

“But.. will you let me to court your brother? I’m serious” Taekwoon says in a serious tone. He is proud to admit that he likes his best friend’s brother, he always shows his affection although it seems that the younger is oblivious about it.

“I’m not prohibiting anything you know. I just want my brother to be safe and happy” Wonshik says. As much as he wants his brother to stay out from love life, at least it is Taekwoon, not some random guys that he does not even know the name.

“I’m home!” Jaehwan announces as he enter the house and immediately goes to the living room. He hugs his brother by the side, “Hyungie~ I’m home!” he says cutely to Wonshik.

Wonshik chuckles and ruffles his cute brother’s hair. Since the weather is a bit windy, the younger’s hair is in a mess.

“Jaehwan ah” Taekwoon calls, not wanting to be ignored by the brothers.

“Hi hyung!” Jaehwan greets with a smile and Taekwoon swears that the cute smile is melting him.

“Hyung~ I need to go to the mall this weekend! I need a new pair of sneakers~” Jaehwan whines and do aegyo in front of Wonshik.

“What about next week? Hyung is busy this week. Hyung have basketball practices this weekend” Wonshik says and pats his brother’s head.

“But hyungggggggggg. I need it next week~ I can’t wear slipper to school” Jaehwan whines and pouts. He knows his brother is busy but he does not have another of shoes to wear. His brother’s shoe size does not match his either.

“Hyungieee.. I’m old enough to take the bus by myself!” Jaehwan whines again. He always feels like a kid or baby whenever his brother is around.

“I can go with him” Taekwoon volunteers himself, he sees it as a chance for him to be alone with Jaehwan.

Wonshik glares at his friend for a brief second and looks at his brother. Jaehwan pouts and looks at him with puppy eyes.

“Fine. You can go with Taekwoon. Call me if there is anything, okay?” Wonshik says and Jaehwan immediately nods with a smile.

“Thank you hyung!” Jaehwan thanks his brother with a peck on cheek and runs to his room, saying that he needs to complete his homework. Taekwoon who is watching the scene wishes that the peck if for him instead of Wonshik.

“You better take care of my brother” Wonshik says and punches his friend’s arm playfully.

“Of cause I will” Taekwoon answer with a wink. He can’t wait for the weekend to come, he is going to have a date with Jaehwan. Of cause, that thought only remains in his mind or else Wonshik will hit him with the pillow again.


Enjoy reading :D