Protector Bobby

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

tumblr_oqcl63thAR1rqpkxto1_400.gif

For Tao-tao (Holy gosh, sorry for the long wait)

When Bora is a bit overweight and gets bullied because of that and the new kid, Bobby, sees she is getting bullied and helps her. 

Bobby's Korean Name: Kim Jiwon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Bora

"Move it, fatty!" I heard loud rumbles of chuckles follow that comment. I tilted my glasses up on my chin after the childish boy had bumped into me. I hate high school so much. 

"Yeah, like Doyoung said, you take up too much space in the hallway. Some of us have places to be." Lee Jimin.  I've gone to school with her since kindergarten and I'll never understand why she exists to make my life a living hell. We used to be best friends, the greatest, until I started to get a bit chubbier, or at least chubby stopped being cute and started to be a terrible thing. I admit, I was a bit overweight, but honestly, the weight measurements for all ages are so off. It depends on your height, your lifestyle, your fitness plans, everything. Mom used to always told me that "not being like a stick" made me stand out. It made me stand out for sure. And not the good kind.

I never considered myself to be the skinniest girl around, but I definitely wasn't the fattest, and I didn't judge people by their weight like most people here did. But, people here could be cruel. And I knew first hand how their comments made you feel. I used to fight back, but I learned it's not even worth it.

"Whatever, leave the pig be. I heard there's a new student arriving today." A girl named Sooyoung giggled. 

"I hope he's cute."

"I hope he's a guy." They left in chuckles. I stared bitterly at them. There were moments in my life when I wanted to be like them, well, not like them, but have friends who I could laugh with, have fun with. But that all changed after I started getting bullied. When my life became an actual hell. 

I left my past behind as I walked into my first class, science. My favorite. 

"Ok today class, we're getting a new student. He just moved here from the U.S, so please, try to make him feel welcome." Mr. Im introduced. A boy stood up for his desk, a boy I didn't even notice, and flashed a smiled at the class. 

"Hi, my name is Kim Jiwon, but I usually go by Bobby. I hope we can all be great friends." His smile made his eyes disappear, an attribute I always found so attractive. I shook my head, guys like him never even notice girls like you. He'll probably go to the popular crowd and start hating me the next day. For a brief moment, my gaze met his, and I saw no trace of evil. I quickly looked away, thinking about how that's how I felt about all the people who bullied me before. 

I spend most of my days at school anticipating for school to end, and when I'm at home, I'm waiting for it to be night time so I can sleep. I've never spent a moment being "in the moment" because I've never liked any of mine. 

So it came, the end of the school day. Yes, I made it, I thought, even though I have many more to go til the end of senior year. But I've made it this far. 

"Hey, piggy!" Someone shouted. I flinched. Piggy had been my nickname for most of middle school to high school. Really self explanatory, I was fat. But also it was because of my easily blushing cheeks that I hate. They reveal all of my emotions. I kept walking.

"Hey, didn't you hear me the first time? She's ugly and stupid." My cheeks felt like fire but I kept walking, but I knew they wouldn't give up. They never did. 

"Pig, we're gonna ask you one more time, nicely, or else we're gonna have to do this the hard way." My heart stopped, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I didn't know whether I wanted to break into a sprint or wait around for what they had to stay. Last time I ran...well I don't want to remember it. 

I stopped and turned.

"What?" I asked, clenching my fists. I wanted to close my eyes, but I knew that wouldn't help me at all. I forced my eyes open.

"I'm not in the mood to mess around today, lucky you." Then why are you, idiot. I wanted to slap the grin off of Jimin's face. Instead I cowered in fear. We stood in silence, and I didn't know why. I heard a sharp ring of girly laughter that hit me right in the ears. 

"Oh my god, did you actually believe that?" I felt the group in front of me grow larger, if that was even possible. "You're an idiot Kim Bora, why do you stay here with us? It's like you want to get beaten." She grabbed my hair and I held in a scream. I stumbled to the side, but ended up falling on the grass. She laughed, along with the group behind her. I felt my cheeks burst into flames.

"Inguk, grab her." A muscular guy who I happened to know since middle school grabbed me by the arms. I knew bruises were going ot be left later. I felt like shoving him away, every inch of me screamed to get away, it screamed danger. But, I knew struggling would make it worse. I felt myself being thrown to the wall. I let out a scream, I couldn't help it. I wanted to cry as they laughed. I knew I should be worrying more about my body, but these bullies knew how to hurt me physically and mentally, which made it impossible for them to escape my mind. 

"You're pathetic, why don't you just move schools already?" Jimin slapped my cheek. I grit my teeth. 

"No one wants you here, why do you still stay? You're fat, ugly, and stupid. Did mommy and daddy buy you into this school? Just leave already, ." Another one of Jimin's sidekicks added. I wanted to laugh at her. She was a follower, she had no mind of her own. 

"RESPOND TO US PIG!" I saw Jimin hold up her hand for another slap, but the impact never came. All I could hear was the sound of my labored breathing. I opened my eyes, not even knowing when they shut and saw a hand clasped around Jimin's wrist. 

"Bobby, what are you doing?" Jimin asked with a small chuckle. If looks could kill, Jimin would be ing dead by now. But I was too shaken up to laugh, or to move at all. 

"I want all of you to get the hell out of here. Do you understand me?" His voice was ten times deeper than it had been earlier today. 

"Hey dude, she's a nobody, you don't need to help her." One of the guys had said. 

"Out!" His shout echoed in the hallways and before I knew it, they all scurried out like mice. Cowards, I scoffed. I was afraid of them. I'm the coward. 

"Man, you're shaking." I heard a voice say. I almost forgot Bobby was standing next to me.  " and your cheek is bruised. Lemme get you to my house. C'mon." His words didn't process through my mind until I saw his hand extend before me. I finally looked up and took his gaze. He was smiling, like he wasn't growling at the bullies before. "Are you gonna take it or what?" He laughed. I wanted my smile to match his, I wanted to be as happy as he looked. But I wasn't. 

"W-why are you helping me?" I asked with shaky breaths. "N-no o-one helps m-me." I felt the tears I held in earlier start to fall. 

"I'm helping you right now." He stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world. He didn't answer my earlier question. "I need to take a look at your cheekbone, it looks kinda bruised." This time I let out a chuckle. 

"Only kinda?" I wondered how I was making jokes, with the guy who stole the hearts of the school he just entered when I've been here forever and mine was only trampled on. 

"Come on, I'm the new kid, I want to make new friends and I think saving a girl from getting beat is pretty cool friend." I agree. I sighed.

"Ok. I will." I stood up, but immediately hit the wall again. "Ow." I groaned. 

"Woah, steady, how hard did Jimin slap you. Did she hit you before I got here?" I nodded.

"Inguk also threw me against a wall." I mentioned pitifully. I hated the way I sounded. I sounded pathetic. I sounded like everything my bullies made me out to be. 

". I knew he was an but I didn't think he was the type of to abuse girls." Bobby threw his arm under my shoulder, holding me up. "Come on, my house is down the street." My legs felt wobbly and I knew I was crying. 

"I-I can't-" Before I finished my sentence, I felt my body being lifted up. "Woah!" I felt my cheeks blushing, not from embarrassment, but because a really cute guy was holding me up. 

He held me in silence until we entered his house. He shut the door, I didn't see any parents, weird. Maybe they worked late. He set me on an old couch, which I wasn't complaing about, it was very comfy.

"How long?" He asked, pulling up a chair next to me.

"How long what?"

"How long have they been bullying you for? How long have you had to take crap from them?" I shrugged. 

"The real question is, when were they not bullying me?" I let out a laugh that even sounded bitter in my ears. 

"You shouldn't have to take that crap, no one should." I felt my fists clench. "You don't have to take that, go call for help. Go ask someone. You can't just stand there and do nothing. You can't-"

"Ok, just stop! Ok? Just stop! I get it! No one should ever be bullied, but dammit, people are always getting bullied. And it will never stop because sometimes people are s and people will never stop being created. I never asked for this, nobody ever asks for this, but some people are just unlucky enough to take this crap. And it never helps to tell me to go call for help or go tell someone because have you ever throught of I have no one to tell? Teachers don't care who you are if you're smart, and all those kids can beat my any day if they have a higher GPA." I felt myself heaving at the end of my speech. What did I just do? This guy is stronger than me and I'm in his home and I just yelled at him. Oh gosh.

"Hey, you don't-"

"Ok, I'm sorry, I-I just get overwhelmed sometimes and-" He cut me off.

"No, don't apologize. You're right, I shouldn't be telling you something you already know." I felt anxiety build up inside of me, but it simmered down by the sight of his smile. It was like the sun. Like sunshine beaming down on me on a hot summer day.

"Has anyone told you you have like, the best smile?" This stunned him. 

"What?" Was he blushing? No he wasn't. I didn't do that.

"You have really nice smile, it makes me happy." I confessed. I didn't hear a response from him after a while. He let out what sounded like a deep laugh. 

"How can you say that so easily?" He asked. I raised a brow.

 "Say what?"

"Just complimenting me so easily, so smoothly. Just like a traumatic event didn't just happen." I laughed. 

"Traumatic event? This is my daily routine. I live with this." I never knew how angry I sounded until I actually spoke out loud, something I never did really. No siblings, no parents really. No anything really. 

"No. you're wrong." This stunned me. 

"What?" 

"You're wrong. Now that I'm here, it won't be your daily routine. I won't let you get hurt like that, never again." His voice sounded so secure, so sure of himself that I almost believed him. 

"Now you're the wrong one. People watch me get bullied every day. I get harrassed in the hallways, sometimes people just pinch my sides to just feel me and it's disgusting but even the nice ones, the ones who are supposed to save me never do. They watch, and they don't laugh. But it feels like they were the ones who punched me too." We sat in silence for a while until he reached my gaze again and took my hand. I gasped slightly.

"There are some people in this world who will watch an innocent person get beaten by someone else, and yes, they're s." He paused. "But sometimes, rare times, that people will stand up for the person being bullied." He gripped my hand tighter. "And this is me vowing to be that person who helps." He smiled at me which made me smile too. His words made a tear fall from my eye which I quickly wiped away.

"Thanks Jiwon, that really means a lot to me." He chuckled.

"I'd do anything for a someone who needs protecting." 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

Wow. Before anyone starts attacking, I know it's been a super long time since I've updated and I know I said I was going to try and update more often, but that just didn't work out. Sophomore had been a really bad year for me, but it's finally over!!! YAY!!! It's summer now and like always, I say I'll try to update, but I just don't know if I'll find the time or motivation. My writing has been going downhill and I'm just feeling a big load of writer's block. D:

 

 

Gif not mine.