Rivals Donghyuk

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

tumblr_o7e3pap6Wg1v62r33o2_540.gif

For hedgehog12

Yunsol's friend decides to trick Yunsol into going to the fun fair so she could set her up with Donghyuk, Yunsol's rival and also her friend's cousin. 

OC Name: Chung Yunsol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chung Yunsol P.O.V.

I sat alone in a grand library that I loved to much. I disregarded my studies for a moment to take a snack break. I munched on skittles, my favorite candy and drank water. I returned quickly to my math review. Once I was completely engrossed into my studies, I felt a shake that startled me.

"Yunsol! What are you doing here?" I groaned at the high pitched voice. I sighed.

"Uh, what else would I be doing here, Dasom?" I asked sarcastically. I admit, studying put me in a sassy mood. I heard her groan and I could practically feel the frustration in her voice. 

"Yunsol, the school fair is tomorrow! Can't you take a break for a little bit?" I scoffed, cutting her off.

"Yeah, I'm gonna take a break when finals are right around the corner." I clenched my fists, making Dasom take a step back while a glare popped onto my face. "I have to beat Kim Donghyuk." I whispered to myself, yet Dasom caught it. She tsked at me.

"C'mon, Yunsol! Have some fun before the stress is dumped onto us! Even all the other nerds are happy about this festival!" I glared at her, but she just sat down. "Even Donghyuk is going to the school fair, and he's confident about beating you. You can't let him win this game, right?" Her words immediately sunk in. Donghyuk isn't acting worried about this, I have to set him up. I can't look weak and desperate. I gulped and glanced at the time. 10:29 PM. "Plus, I don't really understand what this rivalry is even about. You two are the smartest kids of the school, why can't you just accept that?" She mumbled while checking her reflection in her phone. Sometimes I don't even know how I became friends with a girl who only cares about her appearance, just like Kim Donghyuk. Ugh, heredity. 

"You wouldn't understand. This rivalry has been going on too long for us to just stop. We've been going back and forth between number one since middle schoo. But of course, I'm winning in how many times we've been getting number one." I bragged while Dasom couldn't look any less interested. I sighed. 

"Whatever, if you want to look strong in front of him, he'll be at the fair with his stupid smug face, you want to show him yours, right?" I thought about her words. I can't let him know I'm studying too hard for this exam, I mean, he barely studies at all and gets around the same grades as I do. Damn him. 

"Fine, I'll go, what time is it at?" She squealed and shook me, which made me very uncomfortable. 

"Eeps! Yes! You're going! It's at 11 AM, knowing you you'll be early, so that's good. Now, let's get you home before it gets too late." She helped me pack up my stuff. 

I hope I don't regret this.

The next morning I woke with a feeling of fatigue. Studying this late is taking a toll on my body. 

"Maybe Dasom was right on relaxing before finals." I mumbled to no one. I looked at the clock. 6:03 AM. I've always been the early riser, despite my protests. I stayed in bed for an hour or so, then got up at 7:30. I rolled out of bed and stared at the notebooks and sheets of paper sprawled out on my desk. I felt tired just staring at the notes. I had been studying nonstop for months, since 4th quarter hit.

Donghyuk and I always had this certain rivalry throughout our whole lives. It started when someone finally beat me in middle school. His smug smile and kindness to everyone, besides me, is what made me hate him the most. Just seeing him made my blood boil. When he beat me, he just gave me a small smirk while his friends cheered and made fun of me too. Ever since then, I vowed to never lose to him again. 

I studied day and night while he only checked through his notes before a test. Seeing him casually prepare for a test while beating me out made me angry. What's worse is her knows it does to. He'll yawn before a test or even keep smiling at me, knowing that I was thoroughly checking through my notes. He had millions of friends, and even stole my title as class president, while I got bumped down to vice president. Apparently they want a happier, better looking, and cheerful representative for their school because fantastic grades don't cut it anymore. He was a rich, pretty boy who always got what he wanted; his money and looks overpowered my hardwork.

And I hate that. 

I felt my heart furiously beat even thinking about him. I took a cool shower to calm my mind. Just by looking out the window, I could tell today is going to be a nice day. The showed helped calm me down, and cool my down too. I pulled on pink shorts and a white sleeveless before drying my hair. I tied my hair into a bun, like I usually do, and walked downstairs. 

I decided it was a nice day to walk, and also decided that I couldn't drive so I had to walk. 

I arrived when everyone was setting up. I smiled at my fellow classmates who were working diligently and went to find Dasom who was in charge of the committee. 

"Yunsol!" I turned and saw Dasom waving at me. I walked over to her and saw her standing with Donghyuk. I immediately jumped back as he was smiling widely, wearing a black sleeveless and shorts. 

"What's he doing with you!?" I accused. Dasom crossed her arms. 

"Uh, he's my cousin. Did you forget?" She sassed. I narrowed my eyes at her, completely ignoring the idiot on my side. 

"Whatever. I'm going." I felt someone pull me back, and it was too strong to me Dasom.

"Hey, the party hasn't even started yet and you're leaving? Seems like something you would do." I wanted to slap the grin on his face right off. I twisted my side, pushing him off.

"Shut it, Donghyuk. Why are you even here early? You're always late." Something about Donghyuk is he always came right before the bell, or something even a few minutes after, even though none of our teachers marked him tardy. He smirked at me.

"Well, I would have, but you know, I'm participating in one of the events today. Ya know, because I've always been pretty good at sports, not like someone I know." He gave me a slight smile. I glared at his stupid face with stupid gray hair. One thing Donghyuk did always beat me at was sports. I at them and I hated anything that had to do with running, moving, or running. 

"I'm sorry, we all don't need to be stupid jocks." He chuckled with a low voice.

"You really think I'm stupid because then you would be an idiot." After that comment, we stared at each other intensely, I was never really good at insults or comebacks, so I could walk away while my pride was in tact. 

", I'm leaving, don't stop me." I heard him laugh wildly as I walked away. That guy just pushes all the wrong buttons. I was just here for moral support for Dasom because she loves these kind of events. Even though she has so many friends, for some reason I need to be also. It's not like I even need to be here, I literally just bring down the mood. 

Hours passed on and suddenly I hear a loud announcement. 

"Couples who are playing in the water game at the pool please report there now!" I snorted. A water game? Couples? How lame. Suddenly, I see Dasom flying at me at full speed. 

"Yunsol, come with me now!" I didn't even have time to respond until I was pulled to somewhere. We arrived right in front of the pool. 

"Wha-"

"Yunsol?" I heard a voice say surprised. My head unwantedly turned to the voice. I raised a brow. 

"Donghyuk?" He smiled with his eye smile showing and he flipped his hair.

"I didn't know you would be coming-"

"Of course she would be coming!" Dasom interrupted. She smiled at the both of us. "You guys are a couple!" She announced. My jaw dropped to the ground.

"What?!" Donghyuk and I exclaimed the same time. She backed up and made a fake guilty expression.

"Ooops, did I forget to inform you guys about this? My bad! But seriously, you two are now a team, so have fun being all couplely! Bye!" She disappeared while Donghyuk and I were left with our confused minds. 

"What the hell?" He finally said. 

"My words exactly." Before we could process anything, some spoke into a microphone. I noted that all the students came to gather around this event, as everyone wanted to see the couples and the new ships. Gross. I then realized something big that I haven't told anyone before. I also looked down at the shirt I was wearing. Dammit, I wore a white shirt with a bandeau underneath out of all the days, why is my luck so bad? I glanced over at Donghyuk who was helping setting up and still kinda confused at the situation. 

"Donghyuk, I have something to tell you." I whispered. I don't know why I was telling him, but I really hoped he would understand. 

"What?" He asked harshly, still not ok with being my partner. I gulped. 

"Well, I, uh, uhm..." I shook my head, I'm being stupid, I never signed up for this, I don't have to do it! 

"What, Yunsol?" He asked annoyed. I grumbled at his tone.

"I don't want to do this with you! We're enemies! Dasom set us up for this and I don't want to participate, so find someone else to play with." I stated while walking away. I never felt so happy by standing up for myself. I felt him pull me back.

"Uh, I don't know if you noticed this or not, but the game starts in about 5 minutes, how am I supposed to find someone to play with?" I scoffed.

"Donghyuk, every girl in this school wants to be a couple with you, for 1 minute or one hour, any girl is going to love being with you! Just choose one!" I exclaimed starting to get frustrated. He ruffled his hair that was slightly wet from his sweat. 

"Stop being complicated and play. So what if Dasom forced us? I want to win." I knew Donghyuk and his competitive spirit with sports, I understood since I had a competitive spirit with school, but right now I couldn't help this. 

"I don't want to play! What don't you get from this? I'm not being complicated, I just am not prepared. I don't even have a bathing suit!" I argued. He growled and grew even more frustrated than I. 

"Why is everything a fight for you? I know that you like to win at school work but why do you also have to win at arguing? Girls like you are so difficult! You always have to win every fight and be right at every point! This is just a game that's we're supposed to play, what's so hard about it?!?" He exclaimed loudly. 

"I'm not supposed to play-"

"Who cares if you weren't prepared!? All you want is a fight, and you know what? You got one! You're too childish and you take this 'rivals' thing too seriously!" At this point, I was at a loss for words, but I knew I just couldn't get in that water. I didn't care about what he had to say to me, but I felt a pang in my heart at this moment. "I feel bad that my cousin has to put up with you all the time, why is she friends with you? She has a bunch of other friends to choose from, yet she chose the most difficult one. But that sounds like my cousin." I felt tears want to fall from my eyes. He was about to say more until the announcements came on. 

"Ok, participants, do you see all the different colored mats in the water? One mat is red, one green, and one blue. The goal is to get on the mat that we call out and make a heart with your partner once you are both on it. Understand?" I felt my heart beating rapidly at the beginning. I can't get in the water, I can't! I could barely feel anything with my head spinning and heart pounding. 

"Donghyuk, can we just drop out? I really don't want to play!" He rolled his eyes.

"Arguing right to the very end, very Yunsol-like. But you don't have a choice anymore, I'm winning this argument!" I felt myself being pushed into the water and everything blanked out. 

---

"Yunsol! Yunsol!" I heard sirens and voices calling my name. 

"Chung Yunsol! Do you hear me?!" I woke from the loud screeching that was calling my name. I opened my eyes, which was blurry at first, but I saw the person I least expected to be staring at me. Kim Donghyuk. I tried sitting up, wanting to get away from this guy who made me get into the water, but I immediately started to cough. 

"Woah, woah, woah, hey now. Don't get ahead of yourself, Yunsol. You're still recovering." I saw the concerned expression in his face and wondered what happened. 

"Yunsol! Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, if I knew you were afraid of water I wouldn't have set you two up like this and freaked out out! I'm sorry! Forgive me, please!" I coughed as she apologized and Donghyuk held me up as the medic and police came and treated me. "If Donghyuk didn't jump in and save you and give you CPR, who knows what would have happened-"

"Wait, he gave me CPR?" I stated dumbly and blankly. She stared at me.

"Yeah, I did, like one does when someone is in need of CPR." He stated while giving me a small smile. I felt this genuine one melt my heart. I immediately turned away from his gaze. I then gasped, I was only wearing a bandeau underneath my white shirt. I tried to cover myself up while Donghyuk chuckled. He wrapped the towel that supported my even tighter around my body. "Your shirt should be the least of your worries right now." 

After he said that, the paramedics came and helped me up. I was taken care of for a while, but I had no need to go the hospital since I was fine after Donghyuk gave me... CPR. Ew. Yet yay. 

I can't believe I'm think some silly thoughts. He saved my life, I should be thanking him. No, but if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't even be put in that situation! He should apologize! I could have died. I shivered at the thought. 

I walked around after that whole incident was over. The fair ended early due to my whole drowning incident. 

"Hey," I spun and found myself staring at Donghyuk. His hair still slightly wet from jumping in the pool, his shirt still off, as he didn't bother to put one on. I immediately tried to look away from his nice body. I was really obvious, yet he said nothing. 

"Hey yourself. What's up with you?" I questioned. I knew I should be thankful he didn't say anything about my blush and my obvious avoidance of his abs. He sighed.

"I just wanted to apologize for earlier. I should have been more thoughtful and understood your feelings. I had no idea you were afraid of water and couldn't swim. Something terrible could have happened to you, and all because of my stupid pride and competitiveness. I'm sorry." The way his eyes glowed from the reflection of the water or the way the dim sunlight hit his abs perfectly. His bangs covered his apologetic expression, but I could tell he was sorry; I honestly wasn't sure how to feel about that. This is so weird. I knew I felt awkward so I awkwardly hit his shoulder.

"Hey, it's ok. You didn't know, no one did, that's why this happened." I stated finally after what seemed like hours of silence. He stood next to me. I admit, he looked perfect. I knew something about him always attracted me to him, but I never understood until today. I've always wanted to deny my feelings. I don't want to fall for him, I can't. "By the way, you shouldn't let this get in the middle of our rivalry. We can still act the same way, don't think this incident changes anything." I spoke just to mask my feelings. He tensed and turned to me.

"Oh yeah, I also didn't want this stupid rivalry between us anymore." I felt my whole body stop moving and my eyes were wide. I felt as if my world was spinning and my mind was racing with millions of thoughts. I didn't know how I felt about this. I was supposed to be happy, but why don't I feel that way? "I hate arguing with you every day, it's honestly tiring now. We're older now, not just some stupid middle schools and even high schoolers. We're going to be in college next year, I don't want to continue this there. " I felt my mind swirl and my heart just oddly stop beating rapidly.

I almost forgot that we both got accepted into our dream university, Korea University. But somehow, I felt myself calmed while I argued with Donghyuk, I almost felt complete being with Donghyuk at least once during my day.

"I don't know what made you hate me so much, but after today I hope you know there are no hard feelings on my part. We can go on in our normal day and not talk to each other anymore, like we've always wanted." Somehow, I felt confused about this, like I didn't know what my heart wanted. But, I didn't understand, what is there not to like? 

"So this rival thing is over? We won't speak to each other anymore and just go on in our normal days. No more fighting, no more arguing, no more insults, comebacks, and no more battling it out for number one?" He nodded, which made my heart hurt for some reason.

"Yeah, I mean, this whole thing made me realize that this rival thing is stupid. Obviously after today we can't go back to being rivals." I tried smiling; I tried being happy about this, but what wasn't I? Was it because I started this rivalry? Do I feel the need that I needed to end this, not him? 

"So, this is it?" I asked softly, with twiddling fingers. I saw him lean on the gate we were standing next to. 

"Yup, this is it." I felt the sun beat down on us, but a nice breeze passed by occasionally which made it all better. "Well, I guess I better get going now." He smiled one last time before I watched his back turn away from me. I felt hurt from just watching him walk away from me, but I couldn't say anything. I felt too numb, too confused on my feelings. I couldn't possibly want to call him back, I've wanted to stop fighting the day we started. But, for some reason, I wanted to be with him, to keep talking to him because without our rivalry, we are nothing. I felt a bubbling sensation in my chest and realize, I don't want him to leave my side. 

"Donghyuk, wait!" I shouted, without me even wanting to. I saw him stop and slowly turn. He looked really confused on why I called him, but I had to do it. 

"Yes?" I clenched my fists and mustered all the courage I had. I breathed in slowly.

"I-I don't want you to leave me like this. I felt sad and hurt when you told me that we would stop talking and never see each other again. I feel empty, knowing that we won't argue in the hallways." I heard him softly chuckle.

"Yunsol, we can still see each other and talk, it's not goodbye. We can still be friends." My heart still felt incomplete at those words and I couldn't believe the words I was going to say next.

"What if I feel like I want to be more?"

The question I asked left us in a silence. It felt as if the whole world stopped and I could only hear my heart beating and the wind passing by. I can't believe I just said that. Donghyuk's response broke the silence.

"What?" I felt depleted hearing his answer. I knew this was crazy? Why did I even say that? He thinks I'm a freak now? 

"Nevermind, I'm just gonna go now." I immediately turned and ran away from him, something I usually do when he annoys me or teases me past my limits. I heard him laugh loudly as I kept speed walking away from him. 

"I want to be more too, Yunsol!" He shouted, but I kept walking away from him. 

My life is some sappy love story now. Bleh. Donghyuk, why do you make me feel like this?

I smiled at the thought.

I guess we'll have different things to argue about now. 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok, this was waaaaay longer than it was supposed to be and I have no idea why. I guess I got kinda carried away with the words and sentences... and yeah.

I'm writing this at 11 so if this is weird, just blame the time. I should probably sleep. 

This was interesting to write since I haven't written about iKON in a while. I haven't been writing in a while, period. BLAME SCHOOL PEOPLE.

BUT I'VE BEEN OBSESSED WITH MONSTA X AGAIN LATELY BECAUSE ALL IN IS KILLING ME AND CONFUSING ME AND I LOVE IT. OMG. 

Anyways, I hope you like this scenario! :)

Thanks for requesting! :D

 

 

 

 

Gif not mine.