Innocence Jinhwan

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

Image result for jinhwan dumb and dumber gif tumblr

For kii-sum

When Dohee swears for the first time in front of Jinhwan.

OC Name: Eun Dohee

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eun Dohee

I sat in my living room, trying to keep away the heat that was burning me. I took a fan and fanned myself, but that wouldn't help too much. I grumbled my way to the kitchen. I grabbed myself a water bottle and filled it with cold, ice water. I took large gulps of it and laid back down on my leather couch. 

"Hm, just a day to myself, no reason to act all happy and cheery all the time. Just being me." I hated being in front of other people. I felt the need to be all nice and cheery and happy, like nothing could bring me down. I had no idea why I did it, it just felt right when people thought I acted like a little kid. Or kinda ditzy in a cute, yet creepy kind of way. I would wear dresses and skirts every day which I didn't mind, but right now I was wearing black shorts and a red tank top. I never swore or did anything bad, for the sake of my reputation. 

I acted like this since elementary school. I had a fear of being yelled at by teachers and teased by kids, so I always pretended I was innocent and out of it all the time. But, now I have a job and I thought I wouldn't have to worry about that stuff too often, yet it still became a habit. Now I'm stuck with the innocent little girl image. I guess it could be worse...? 

I heard my phone buzz on the table. I groaned and looked at the text. 

"Can I come over?" I read the text aloud. It was from Jinhwan, my friend from work. I grew worried. I was too lazy to act like how I was at work, but I didn't want to make it seem like I didn't want his company. Honestly, I had a tiny little crush on this dude, ok, maybe not a tiny crush, maybe it was more than that, a lot more than that, but still. Even if he did like me, he would like someone who wasn't me. That's why I never date guys or people in general, they would only like me for a girl who I'm not. And I have no way to break habits. 

'Sure.' I replied. I bit my lip, waiting for a response. I got one almost immediately.

'Cool. See u in 10. :)' 

I jumped up. I groaned. It was so hot and I had no AC, but I didn't want him to see me in these clothes when I'm all sweaty and all my flabs were jiggling. 

"Decisions, decisions," I whispered to no one. I decided to just change my shirt and pulled on a flowy pink short sleeve shirt. I washed my face, taking all the sweat off. I realized I had no makeup on. " , no!" I yelped. I hated swearing, but sometimes I swore when I was alone. 

"Dohee?" I heard someone ask. I jumped up and gasped. Jinhwan was staring at me with wide eyes and his hands in his pockets. 

"Jinhwan? What?" I screamed. I covered my mouth, realizing I shouted and so loud even my neighbors could probably hear me. My eyes were wide now. 

"Hey, um, your apartment door was open, and I thought you left it open for me, but it seems like..." He trailed off. I couldn't blame the guy, he's in shock he saw the more innocent, clueless girl let out a nasty curse. My jaw was open, but his seem like it was touching the ground. I didn't even know what to say or how to explain myself. 

"Did you hear me?" I asked quickly. I knew he did, but I wanted to confirm. There was still a little part of me that hoped he didn't. He gave a small laugh.

"Dohee, hate to break it to you, but I think the whole apartment complex hear you." I blushed a deeper shade of red than I already was. He chuckled. 

"Oh my gosh." I slumped onto my bed and covered my non-makeup face. "I just ruined my whole image in front of you." I heard a deep chuckle and the bed dipped slightly. 

"Come on, Dohee. I admit, I'm a bit shocked that someone like you could curse like that." I winced at the words. For some reason, I really hated it when people acknowledge that I curse. It's nothing to be ashamed about, I'm a grown woman, but I'm still stuck in my school times. "I mean, I should have known better because everyone swears when they're alone, and you obviously thought you were. I'm sorry about that by the way." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. I leapt up.

"No! Don't be. I left the door open because it was so hot and I wanted the air to flow from the cool hallway. I should have realized you thought it would be a sign to enter. And I actually forgot I left it open." I was babbling at this point, something I would never do out in public. I cringed. I sat back down.

"Gosh, I'm so embarrassing." I mumbled into my hands. I knew my cheeks were burning from embarrassment but mostly from anger, at myself. He rubbed my back soothingly, trying to calm me down. It was working and I felt my heart calm and my breathing to slow down. 

"Hey, Dohee, I'm not mad that you swore and it doesn't make me think any less of you. It makes you look more, hm, how to put this, yourself? I guess? When you're in front of everyone, it seems like you're always putting up a front." I wanted to throw my arms around him because no one realizes how much of a front I put up. 

"Yeah, I've noticed." I mumbled. For some reason, I have a mumbling problem when I get nervous. 

"But I want to see beyond that, Dohee." He took my hands and mad me stare at him in the eyes. I lost feeling in my legs and I couldn't run away even if I wanted to, which I don't. "Dohee, I want you to let me in. I want you to be yourself around me, I want to hear you swear, or hear you be mean to me, or hear you talk about normal things. I want to see you blush," he said while brushing his hand on my cheek. He chuckled when I stared at him with big eyes. "I want to be with you, will you let me, Dohee? Please?" He whispered, dangerously close to my face. 

I felt my heart beating out of my chest. At one point, I wanted to scream "Yes!" at the top of my lungs, and at another I wanted to run away and leave my problems to myself. I gulped and looked away from his stare. I felt him slump down, dejected looking. 

"I understand, I'll leave then." Jinhwan mumbled this time. He was walking out the door until I yelled.

"Wait!" I yelled before I could stop myself. He turned away hesitantly, hope fading in his eyes. I took a deep breath. "I know I'm already acting ditzy, clueless, and like I don't know anything that's happening out in the world, but I'm not like that in real life. I know what people say about me, and I know how people feel about me." I felt a tear slip out. Jinhwan's eyes widened and he moved closer to me. He wiped the tear that fell from my face. 

"Hey-" He whispered, but I cut him off.

"I just don't know how to act in front of people." I finally finished. We stood in silence for a bit until he swept me into a strong embrace. 

"I'll teach you. You can be yourself with me, that's the first step, right?" He whispered more words in my ear, but I loved just being so close to him. He pulled away slightly. "I won't judge you, or laugh at you, in the mean way, of course, and I promise to be good to you." He said softly. 

I wanted to twirl in my dress or bow my head like I would have done. I wanted to laugh it off and giggle like I could have done. But what I really wanted to do was finally let down my walls for someone. 

I nodded into his shoulder. 

"I promise to be myself around you." He smiled. 

"And that's all I could ever ask for."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh, where were the updates?? I know! I started slacking after my camping trip. My bad! And now it's September! AAAHHH! I'm sorry to all the people who have to wait so long for their requests to be done! I'm just sooo... lazy... And stressed about school.

I hope you like this scenario! :D

Thanks for requesting! :)

 

 

Gif not mine.