Perfect Fit Mingyu

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

tumblr_nuhv6b0Hi11uxnq16o4_250.gif

 

For KLover2288

Yeonji has been crushing on Mingyu for forever, but she decided to stop because it seems like there's no hope. But, Mingyu thinks otherwise. 

OC Name: Yoo Yeonji

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoo Yeonji P.O.V.

I sighed. 

"What's wrong, Yeonji?" My friend, Jungkook, asked. I just sighed and looked away. He then sighed too. "Ok, why are you so dramatic today?" He asked. I then glanced to my left. He followed my eyes and saw the guy I've been crushing on since middle school. He then patted my back.

"Mingyu problems?" He asked loudly. I immediately shushed him, looking around if someone heard or not. 

"Quiet! What if people are listening?" I harshly whispered. He rolled his eyes. I then crossed my arms. "And yes, Mingyu problems, that guy is the whole reason why I can't focus in class!" I whispered pouting. Kim Mingyu, he's the guy that everyone likes. Popular, tall, good-looking, sporty, smart, and good chef, name everything you like in a guy and he's that. Now you look at me, average height, un-popular, stupid, and really un-atheletic. Plus, last time I tried to make instant noodles on the stove, I almost burned down my apartment.

It's no surprise how I started to like him since everyone did, but I felt that I just liked him a little bit more than everyone else. It all started on the first day of middle school. He was a new guy who everyone liked immediately, even I did. It wasn't until we spent time on a project together that I really did start to like him for real, but, after that project, we've never talked outside of school or projects. I watched every basketball game he participated in and went to every school event, just to see him. But, it seems like he never even appreciates my efforts. 

"Snap out of it, Yeonji, you're thinking about this too much," Jungkook said. I stuck my tongue out. 

"You try liking the same person for your whole entire middle school and high school life and have them not like you back! Then come talk to me!" I pouted he scoffed

"You're being too dramatic like always, Yeonji! He talks to you all the time!" Jungkook exaggerated. I scoffed. 

"Only during projects, other than that, we never talk!" I exclaimed quietly. The teacher then walked into the classroom. 

"We'll talk about this later," Jungkook whispered to me. 

I had not paid any attention to the lesson, I was too busy staring at Mingyu's back the whole entire time. Jungkook then nudged my leg to focus, I snapped out of my trance and paid attention to the end of the lesson. 

After class, it was lunchtime. 

"Did you understand the lesson today?" Jungkook asked me. I glared at him.

"I never do. And why do you even care?" I asked. He shrugged. 

"Just wanted to see how much attention you paid to it," He mocked laughing. I scoffed and pushed him slightly. At the cafeteria, I saw Mingyu with all his friends. 

"Oppa, your hair looks so nice today, what did you put in it?" A girl named, Ara, asked him. I saw Mingyu just chuckle.

"Uh, I just slicked it back like I always do," He replied nicely. She smiled.

"Hmmm, well, I think you look great today," She blushed. 

"Yeah, you do!" 

"You look so hot!"

"I love you so much, oppa!" 

I heard other girls say as they walked pass him. He just laughed and thanked them. 

"You two would be such a cute couple," I heard someone say to them. I glanced and saw all their friends laughing.

"Yeah, you and Ara would be the cutest couple ever," I heard one of his friends say to them.

"Haha, stop it, Hyemi," Ara playfully pushed her and blushed.

"What do you think, Mingyu?" His other friend named, Jihoon asked. Without knowing, I was anticipating his answer.

"I mean, we both are the most popular people in school, it's only right!" He exclaimed laughing. Everyone else whopped and hollered at the blushing Ara even though she just shrugged it off. I felt  tears start to well up and I felt choked up. 

"Yeonji, are you ok?" Jungkook asked me. I shook my head while we headed up to a secluded classroom that no one uses. I dumped my food on one of the empty tables and so did he. "What's wrong?" He asked patting my back. I held back my tears while trying to speak.

"D-do you think I should just give up on Mingyu?" I asked him. He looked surprised. "Be honest." I stated. He sighed.

"You should do whatever your heart tells you to," He spoke slowly. "And do whatever feels right. I mean, you do believe in true love, right? If he's not the one, then he's not the one." He spoke. I sighed. This guy's got a point. I then stood up suddenly while he looked up at me shocked.

"You're right, Jungkook!" I shouted. His eyes widened.

"I am?"

"Yes, you are! The upcoming basketball game, I won't be going to it!" I declared. "I'm tired of wasting my time and money at staying at an event I never even understood and staying for a guy who never notices me!" I stated. He stood up with me.

"And I won't be going either!" He said. "And I'll help you through this like a true best friend!" He stated. We nodded at each other and for once, I felt completely calm and I didn't care about what Mingyu thought of me as I walked into class. I'm lucky I had a good support system like Jungkook. I quickly took my seat and didn't glance once at Mingyu. 

Everyone was chatting about the basketball game on Friday that I was not going to be attending, and I felt good about that. For the past 5 years Mingyu has been playing basketball, I would go to every game. A little creepy I did, but people who like someone dearly will dedicate their time for that person. 

"Hey, Yeonji, are you going to the game on Friday?" A girl in my class named, , asked me. Someone who I wasn't exactly close friends with, but someone who I talked to during class.

"Nah, I'm busy Friday," I said. She gasped.

"That's a shocker, don't you go to every game?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I'm just busy that day," I stated. She raised a brow while she sat back down when the teacher walked in. And I may be going crazy, but I think I saw Mingyu staring at me too. 

Friday came along quickly, the game everyone has been talking about, and I wasn't even going to it.

"You sure you don't wanna go just for the last time? Just to have closure?" Jungkook asked me. I nodded. 

"I'm positive, I am not going to that game and you, sir, are going to my house and we will watch all the movies I like and play all the games I like to play." He nodded. 

-------------------------------

After school, Jungkook walked home with me. I sighed happily, for once.

"Finally, I don't have the pressure in getting all ready for the game and not having Mingyu notice me. I'm happy in just doing things with us two, right,  Jungkook?" I asked. He nodded. 

"Yeah, it's nice not going to the sweaty basketball game that's all humid and gross," He said. I chuckled. 

"You know, you try to be badass and all, but you're really just a weird neat-freak," I joked. He laughed. 

"At least I don't live in a pigsty like you!" He joked pushing me slightly. I gasped at his words. We then reached my apartment and I flung the door open. "One word: Pigsty," He commented. I pushed him slightly and acted mad.

"Whatever, get out the wii. I'm going to school you in boxing!" I teased. He gasped.

"No way! I'm totally going to own you in bowling though!" He fought back. Our playful banter went through the whole night. We played games and watched movies, Mingyu wasn't even on my mind the whole entire night! 

Until I heard the doorbell ring. 

Jungkook was now half- and colored in paint since it was his punishment for losing the game we were playing. 

"I'll get it!" He called. I sighed.

"Not a good idea!" I shouted, but he had already headed towards the door.

"Hello-"

"Hi, I'm looking for Yeonji," The voice said. I recognized that voice. I turned around and saw Mingyu at my apartment door. He waved. "Hey."

 

Mingyu P.O.V. 

"You two would be such a cute couple," Hyemi said to Ara and I. 

"Yeah, you and Ara would be the cutest couple ever," Kyungmi said. 

"Haha, stop it, Hyemi," Ara playfully pushed her and blushed.

"What do you think, Mingyu?" Jihoon asked me. Obviously, I get comments like this waaaay too often. People always say that Ara and I would be a good couple, but I just can't handle her selfish ways and her obsession with talking behind people's backs. 

"I mean, we both are the most popular people in school, it's only right!" I exclaimed laughing. Everyone else whopped and hollered at the blushing Ara even though she just shrugged it off. I was obviously lying, but I can put up a good front to make people laugh.

"Woah, what do you think about this couple, Wonwoo? Your best friend with Lee Ara!" Soonyoung asked. I saw Wonwoo look up from the book he was reading and shrugged.

"I don't really care. But I think there is another girl more fitting for Mingyu," Wonwoo said honestly. Everyone gasped, even I was a bit shocked at the response. I turned to Ara and her face looked a bit sour, but she was still smiling. 

"H-he-he, psssh, Wonwoo, who could that possibly be?" Ara spoke softly. Everyone else had the same reaction, but yet whispered behind our backs. Wonwoo raised his head for a few seconds, but just shrugged and continued to read. I saw Ara's face heat up with anger. I wonder what girl Wonwoo is thinking about. I then blushed thinking of who I wanted it to be.

"Eh~ It looks like Mingyu knows! Look at his cheeks! He's totally blushing!" Seokmin called out. I blushed even harder, but tried to hide my face. I shook my head as everyone became interested, except for Ara. 

"No, no, I'm just a bit warm, that's all," I lied. Everyone just scoffed and mumbled among themselves. 

----------------

"Hey, Mingyu, the whole school is talking about how you like a girl who's not Ara," My coach said smirking. I immediately turned to him with wide eyes. Currently, I was at basketball practice, preparing for the game that was happening an hour. It was the biggest game this year, and all the officials are coming to watch. I was super nervous about it, but it seemed my coach thought otherwise. 

"U-uh, well, it's not that I like another girl, it's just I don't really feel that way about Ara," I half-lied. It's true I didn't like Ara, but I did like someone else. The coach gasped.

"What?! You don't like Ara?! But the whole school ships you together!" I rolled my eyes at his response.

"Whatever, coach, I have a game to prepare for," I said walking away from this creepy conversation. I walked over to Wonwoo who was sitting on the bleachers. 

"Hey, dude, the coach bothering you?" He asked immediately. I nodded right away.

"Yeah, everyone is on my back about this Ara thing, it's really killing my mentality," I confessed. He patted me on the back. 

"Don't worry about it, bro. Just focus on the game this time, not anything else," He said. I nodded. He was right, I couldn't worry about petty things when I had a big game to prepare for. I gulped.

"But, hey, w-when you were talking about who fit me more than Ara, w-who were you t-talking about?" I stuttered out. He chuckled slightly. 

"I think you know who," He confidently said. I blushed. 

"Nevermind! It's not important!" I shouted out walking away. He just looked at me with raised brows.

Soon, the game approached, people were filling in the bleachers and I saw a few officials find their seats. I gulped worriedly. I then scanned the audience for a certain person. She's not even here. I then felt a shoulder on my back. 

"Looking for someone?" Wonwoo teased. I sighed. I felt the nerves getting control of me when I didn't see her. She's at every game, but why not this one. I clenched my fists. 

The game then started. We were pretty even with the scores, but my mind was somewhere else. 

"Mingyu! Get your head in the game!" My coach shouted. I nodded while shaking my thoughts off. I immediately got control of the ball but someone stole it from me. The crowd gasped, even I did. No one has been able to do that to me before. 

The score was 30-45, we were losing. We only had 6 minutes on the clock left, I was nervous. 

"Time out!" My coach yelled. I sighed knowing I was going to get yelled at. "Mingyu, what the hell are you doing? Get your act together!" I barely heard him though, I was too busy focusing at the fact my crush wasn't here. 

"Mingyu, I know what you're thinking about, but forget about her! She'll be prouder of you when you win this game! Even if she isn't here, she wants you to win! Show her that you're going to fight for her after this game! Tell her you won this!" Wonwoo yelled at me. I smiled at his pep talk. She would want that. Yeonji would want that. I clapped my hands together. 

"Ok, let's get out there and show them what we're really made of!" I shouted to my team. They all cheered. Wonwoo smiled widely at me, something he rarely did. I nodded at him. 

After that, I felt my pride go up and my spirit lift also. I made a couple of shots. Still, we were down by 34-45 and there was 4 minutes left. 

Then it was 36-45 when Wonwoo made a shot.

Think of Yeonji, Mingyu, even if she isn't here, she'd be happy if you won. 

I then jumped and made a 3 pointer. The crowd went wild, in the corner of my eyes, I saw the officials smiling too. I felt my spirit lift. 

It was now 43-45 as other shots were made. 

At the end of it, 4 seconds remaining, I made the final shot. I prayed it went in. I felt my vision getting blurry and so did my hearing. But as I felt the rumble of feet and hands on my back, I knew I made it. We won. I cheered and yelled. I ran to my group for a big hug and we all chanted our school name. 

Still, I felt empty knowing that Yeonji didn't want to see me. 

"Go after her," I heard. I looked to my left. 

"What?" I asked Wonwoo. 

"Go to her apartment, you know where she lives," Wonwoo suggested. I shook my head. "Go. That's an order." He said sternly, but still smiling. I smiled back.

"You're right, I'm going to tell her how I feel! I won't let her efforts go to waste!" I said. 

 

Yeonji P.O.V. 

"Hi, I'm looking for Yeonji," I heard Mingyu say. My eyes widened. I heard Jungkook laugh. 

"Oh, you're looking for Yoo Yeonji?" He asked. I glared at him secretly.

"Yeah, isn't she the one who lives here?" Mingyu said with a different tone of voice. I don't want to see him right now. 

"Yeah, I was just staying over," Jungkook spoke, gesturing to his half body. I saw Mingyu glare at him. 

"Bull, Jungkook. I know you two are just friends, let me in," Mingyu said barging through the door. I locked gazes with him. We just stared at each other until I heard Jungkook speak. 

"Uh, I'll be upstairs if you need me." I heard Jungkook running upstairs. Awkward. 

"Why weren't you at the game?" He asked me. I gasped.

"You knew I went to your games?" I asked in shock. I didn't think he noticed me. 

"Of course, I know you always sat in the same place and you were always there, but why weren't you here at this one?" He asked in a sad tone. I almost felt sorry for him.

"Really? You did? Because I hadn't noticed at all! You ignored me all these years and never thanked me for coming to any of your games and now you decide to suddenly show up at my apartment? I'm done with you! I thought I liked you, but I guess not anymore!" I shouted. We stood there in a long silence. I felt tears slip out from my eyes. "I've spent my whole middle and high school life liking you, but I'm stopping today!" I shouted, turning around. I then felt arms wrap around my body. 

"No." He spoke softly. My eyes were wide as I heard him so close to my body. 

"Wh-"

"I don't want you to stop liking me."

"Mingyu, you-"

"I know you've liked me for a long time, I know you've showed up to all my games, I know you give my gifts to holidays, but I never thanked you and I'm sorry for that. I was just always scared of you leaving me one day and I thought if I ignored you, you would keep coming. Also, I was scared of the popular people bullying you, but now I don't care. I don't care what anyone else says because they don't matter to me." He confessed. I felt my heart thumping loudly. "So please, can you keep loving me? Can you keep being my little cheerleader? Please?" He spoke in a desperate tone. I didn't even know how to react to it. I then turned around and hugged him back. It feels to nice to finally be in his arms. We were like a perfect fit. 

"Yes, I will." He smiled while pulling my in for a kiss. 

"I was right, you two are a perfect fit." I pulled apart quickly, just like Mingyu did.

"What the hell are you doing here, Wonwoo?"

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

WOW, it's been a whole since I've updated! Sorry! I've actually been busy with school and I just got time to update! YAY! I hope you like this scenario! It's actually really long and I don't know how I feel about it... I've been like watching a lot of anime, even though I don't really like watching them, but my sister really likes them, so I've been getting obsessed too... ._. 

PLUS, have you heard about B.A.P. making a comeback?!? OMG!! I'M SOOO READY! THEY'RE GONNA SLAAAAAYYYY NOVEMBER!! EEEPS! Also, iKON is coming back or something a day after them so I'm also excited! 

P.S. MAMA 2015 IS GONNA BE SAVAGE THIS YEAR. I'M REALLY NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT BECAUSE I HATE CONFLICT. T_T 

And also the Jungkook in this story is supposed to be Jeon Jungkook from BTS if you didn't catch that. 

ANYWAYS, thanks for requesting! :D

 

Gif not mine.