Best Birthday Wei

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

tumblr_o1b4wbBZhQ1ul6hf6o1_500.gif

For lovekiller_tsuna

Wei forgot his best friend's birthday and just gave her a cupcake when she reminds him. He actually wanted to throw a surprise party for her with s. 

OC Name: Kim Jaera (I added a surname)

***I will be using their stage names

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Jaera P.O.V.

I woke up from my alarm clock set at 9 AM. At first, I was slightly confused when I heard my alarm on a Saturday, but then realized the occasion. I stretched my arms out and yawned with a big smile. 

It's my 20th birthday! 

I squealed in excitement and leaped out of my bed. I already knew I was wearing my favorite hello kitty pajamas. I pulled my dark red hair into a high ponytail and ran downstairs. I came running downstairs, expecting a big surprise from my family and friends for the important mark in my age. I was officially legal! 

To my dismay, I saw no one downstairs. I stared at the empty table and empty kitchen. I frowned. 

"That's odd, they would usually be making me a special breakfast. And Wei would come over and wish me a happy birthday." I spoke to myself. I bit my lip out of frustration and fear. 

Did they forget my birthday?

I shook my head and didn't think about it. Maybe it's too early. 

I across my house and saw Wei's house. 

"I'll just go over and visit him instead. He probably just woke up late." I convinced myself of those words. I quickly changed into a pair of leggings and a white shirt, which I did not appreciate. I wanted to stay in my pajamas for a larger portion of the day. I pulled on my red converse and walked out the door, the morning breeze hitting my face. I smiled at the beautiful morning on my 20th birthday. 

I walked up to Wei's door and knocked. I heard noises from the inside and then the door opened. I saw a brightly smiling Wei who was dressed already, looking like he was going somewhere. 

"Hey, Jaera, you're up early this morning." He commented. I chuckled slightly, ignoring the anger in my body. 

"Well, yeah, I wanted to use this day up to its full potential." I tried to hint that it was my birthday, but it just seemed he did not remember. 

"Wanna come in?" He asked. I nodded and took off my shoes. I glanced around the house and found no decorations or breakfast made. I furrowed my eyebrows together. 

"So, uh, what were you doing this morning?" I questioned. He shrugged.

"I woke up pretty early so I got my family some cupcakes before I went out to practice." He stated. I mentally screamed. I thought he said the members would let him take a day off for my birthday and other special occasions! I gulped at the thought of spending my big two zero alone. 

"Practice? You're going to practice today?" I asked. He nodded while holding his red velvet cupcake, my favorite kind. 

"Yup, practice." I almost growled at his dense nature. 

"For the whole day?" He nodded again. 

"Yeah. The entire day, why are so curious? You know I have to practice everyday with our comeback coming up soon." I felt tears want to fall out of my eyes, but I would not cry on my birthday. 

"Why am I so curious? You're really asking me that?" I said angrily. I could sense that my anger made him tense and very confused, but that act just made me even angrier. 

"Jaera, ok, I don't see the big deal of me practicing-"

"You don't even know, Wei! Today is my 20th birthday!" I finally said. The room went silent with the exception of my harsh breaths. He shifted to the left slightly.

"Cupcake?" He held up his half-eating red velvet cupcake. I scoffed and walked out of his house with seething anger. I walked into my house with a pouty face and my arms crossed. 

"He didn't even call after me." I laughed to myself. 

"What did you say, Jaera?" I heard my mom ask while eating cereal with my father on the couch. My older brother, Junmyeon, stuffed his face with soup that he probably made only for himself. 

"Why do you look to angry, my dongsaeng? Did you get in a fight with your boyfriend?" I glared at him, not taking any of his teasing about Wei being my boyfriend today. 

"IT'S MY GODDAMN 20th BIRTHDAY!" I shouted, slamming the door. I could hear their spoons drop into their bowls at my outburst. I ran up to my room, not even in the mood to eat anything. I sobbed while crawling onto my bed. I didn't even have the patience to change into my favorite pajamas. I stained my pillow case with my tears. 

Am I being too sensitive? Maybe my birthday wasn't even important in the first place. Does everyone think I'm some selfish brat? 

I cried even harder while thinking these thoughts. I laid in my bed, feeling my stomach growling and hurting me. I slowly fell asleep from being tired from my crying. 

Once I woke up, the sun already went down. It was now dark outside and the streets were empty. I pouted.

"Wow, my whole birthday was just wasted because everyone forgot my birthday." I leaned to the side and picked up my phone. "And no new texts." I looked at the dark night. "I guess it's never too late to go drinking." I smiled at my suggestion. Is it really safe to go drinking by yourself for the very first time? I bit my lip, contemplating my choice. I wasn't even in the mood to go clubbing, but I just wanted to try and drink at a bar. 

I threw on black shorts and a striped white and pink shirt. I took my hair down and played with it slightly. I washed my face to get rid of the tear stains and I applied my makeup. I smiled at my job and walked downstairs, trying to avoid my family. 

Once I thought I got past them while slipping on my high heels, I heard a voice behind me.

"And where do you think you're going dressed like that?" Junmyeon asked me. I flinched at his voice. I turned and scratched my head innocently. 

"I, uh, just going out to eat for my birthday which you all forgot." I stated with a sassy stance. It was his turn to scratch his head out of guilt.

"Uh, sorry about that, but you cannot go out this late at night dressed like that." He argued. I felt the anger bubble up in me. He forgets my birthday, doesn't talk to me for the whole day, and expects me to listen to him? I think not. 

"Well, have fun with that, I'm leaving." I picked up my purse and scurried out the door. 

"Wait, Jaera!" I heard him shout, I picked up my keys and unlocked my car quickly. He caught up to me since I had to unlock the door. He grabbed hold of my wrist, but I shook him off. 

"Don't touch me! Everyone made my 20th birthday the worst birthday ever!" I shouted with tears falling out of my eyes. I felt his face turn apologetic and he sighed.

"Well, if I can't stop you, at least let me go with you." He offered. My eyes lit up at his suggestion. 

"Really?" He nodded.

"Yeah, and I'll take you to my favorite bar because I know that's where you were headed," He tsked. I guiltily looked away, but still smiled.

"Thank you! You're an awesome brother!" I hopped in shotgun and buckled my seatbelt, barely containing my excitement. 

"Wow, seems like you're pretty excited." My brother commented. I smiled and nodded.

"I'm so excited to get drunk!" I admit while yelling. He chuckled but patted me on the arm.

"Ok, calm down. We're not going to get you so drunk that you can't function," He chuckled. I laughed along with him finally feeling like someone cared for me. I smiled and waited to go to this bar. I then frowned, realizing where we were going. 

"Uhm, is this the direction of TOP Media?" I asked while looking around. 

"Oh, it's just a coincidence, the bar is in this direction." I nodded and looked down, but then looked up when I realized we were now parked in the TOP Media parking lot. 

"Dammit, Junmyeon oppa, I knew you weren't going to take me to a bar! Especially you!" I pouted, trying to get out of the car. He got out faster than I did and blocked me way when I tried to make a run for it. 

"Ok, I know I lied to you, but just follow me." I rolled my eyes but he was still blocking my way. "Please, Jaera! Just believe me, it'll be worth it," He begged. I frowned, knowing my brother never begs for anything. 

"Ok, but I'm not apologizing to Wei, he's going to apologize to me." Junmyeon nodded. I followed him quietly up to the practice room. "This isn't going to go well," I stated while crossing my arms. 

"Ok, sure." I noticed the small smile on my brother's face. What is that for?

"Just take me to the bar afterwards." I added.

"Whatever you want, but just don't get too angry, ok?" I was confused at his words.

"What-"

"SURPRISE!"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" 

Streamers and party poppers went off before my eyes. I saw all of the Up10tion members cheering, along with my parents. I read the big sign that read "Happy 20th Birthday Jaera!" on it. 

I gasped and felt tears crowd my eyes. I saw Wei holding streamers in his hands. 

"Happy birthday, Jaera!" He exclaimed. I chuckled and quickly pulled him into a hug. 

"You idiot, I thought you actually forgot my birthday!" I cried into his chest. I heard everyone laugh and his chest shook. 

"I would never forget, but I had to do something big for your big 20." I released him from my embrace. I felt someone pull me to a table.

"Blow out the candles on your cake, we're all dying to eat it," Wooshin said, making everyone laugh. I quickly made my wish and blew out my candles while everyone clapped. 

"Yay! Happy birthday Jaera!" 

Soon, the party calmed down after I opened presents. I thanked everyone for my gifts, and even tackled Jinhoo with a hug for giving me alcohol.

I then turned sad after I realized something. Wei didn't even get me a gift. I sighed while looking down at all the gifts I got. I'm thankful for all of these, but I feel sad after my best friend didn't get me one. No, no, you can't think like that, Wei planned this whole party for you, this was his gift. I convinced myself to believe my words and felt slightly better. 

After the party was dying down, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned and saw myself face to face with Wei. 

"Hey, can we talk outside?" He led me outside of the building and it was a bit chilly. 

"What's up?" I asked curiously. He sighed, letting me see his breath in this cold air. 

"Well, I wanted to give you your present privately." I felt him plop something cold in my hands. I gasped. It was a silver necklace with a pink heart pendant that opened. 

"Wow, thank you so much, Wei," I said happily, not being able to talk a lot due to shock at how beautiful it was. 

"Open the pendant," He said nervously, which I didn't know why. I complied with his words and opened it. I took out the tiny, rolled up piece of paper and read it aloud.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Jaera?" I felt my heart stop at the words I just said while reading. I gazed up at him, with him avoiding my gaze. "Wei," I whispered softly, shocked at the confession. 

"I know we've been best friends since forever. We've been through all of our best and worst moments, we know all of each other's habits. We feel comfortable enough to cry, scream, fart, burp, and etc in front of each other, but, for a long time, I've been feeling something more." I felt my heart stop and the only thing I could focus on was his voice. 

"What are you saying?" I asked for confirmation. He ruffled his hair. 

"I'm saying that I've liked you since we were in high school, and for a long time, I've been feeling more like it was love." He confessed. I couldn't move from my spot, but at the same time I couldn't say anything. I felt him move slightly and turned. "I understand if you don't feel the same way." While he was walking away, I pulled him back.

"Wait, I didn't say that!" I exclaimed. He looked surprised.

"So does that mean..." He trailed off. I nodded while grinning.

"I like you too, Wei, and sorta in a way that's now closer to love," I confessed with a smile. I felt him un-tense in my grasp. I saw him smile cheekily, like he always does. 

"So does that also mean..." I laughed at his suggestive tone.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend-" He cut me off with a short kiss. 

"Happy birthday, Kim Jaera."

This was truely my best birthday, ever. 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------

Yay! I updated! 

AND OMG, NCT DEBUTED A WHILE AGO BUT NOW THEY'RE ON SO MANY VARIETY SHOWS AND I'M DYING. HOLY COW THEY'RE SO AWKWARD AND LIKE MARSHMALLOWS.

Anyways, Up10tion is having a comeback soon! I saw that they performed on music core, but their MV isn't out yet... :|

I hope you liked this scenario! :)

Thanks for requesting! :D

 

 

Gif not mine.