Breaking Up Donghyuk

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

tumblr_o6ie51aDUl1v62r33o1_540.gif

For exsuho1004

When Eunhye and Donghyuk are getting ready for an emotional breakup.

OC Name: Seo Eunhye

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seo Eunhye

I sat in my room, curled up in a ball. I had my fists in a tight ball too and I tried to keep my anger in check. I was too angry to cry anymore and all my sadness had transferred into anger.

Yesterday, I had a big fight with my long term boyfriend, Donghyuk. I'm usually one to bite my tongue and hold back, so is he, so when we fought, it was like all the things wrong in our relationship and lives were screamed towards each other. I tied my hair in a ponytail, preparing me for the fight about to happen. He stormed out before the screaming could go to far and before I could break down in tears, but I did right as he left. He hasn't come back since yesterday afternoon and I was hoping he would come back sooner. 

I bit my lip. I really didn't want this relationship with Donghyuk to end, especially since we've been dating for 2 years. We met in our early years of high school and we were friends until the end of high school when he asked me out. Since then we've been dating. Now we're in our second year of college and things have gone south.

We were always called the perfect couple and we were president and vice president of the school and we were the head of all meetings. We were the nerds of the school, but we never cared. With his smarts and kindness, I fell for him. Plus, his good lucks didn't hurt either. 

But once college came around, girls flocked him, guys worshipped him, he started hanging out less with me and more with people who didn't even care for him. I met his other "friends" once, it was the worst meeting of my life. There are only a few of his friends that I tolerate, and those are the guys we've known since high school. I hated the way he changed with other people around and I hated it. My sweet boyfriend had left me and was replaced with the jerks who made fun of me all in high school. This is college, I thought people were supposed to get better, not worse! 

I picked up a picture frame with both of us looking happy in it and threw it against my wall. I did breathing exercises and tried to keep my anger to a minimum.

You have to do this, Eunhye. You cannot keep getting treated this way. 

I told myself these words and calmed down. 

But I didn't keep calm when I heard the keys jingle and the door unlock. I almost lost the guts to go our there and confront him. I took a deep breath and walked downstairs. 

When I saw him, my heart almost stopped and almost forgot the whole reason behind this fight. Almost. 

"So now you choose to home?" I questioned with a moderate tone of voice. He looked up from the glass of water he was drinking and stared at me.

"What are you talking-"

"I'm ing talking about how you chose to walk out of our apartment yesterday and didn't even bother to come home! Where were you?" I shouted. Ok, now we're done with the calm tactic. He scoffed.

"Please, I'm not going to take your screaming. There's no reason for you to be mad at me!" I laughed at that comment. 

"No reason? I can think of so many!" I paced. He was the one laughing.

"Really? Because all of your reasons have been so far." I raised a brow. 

"Are you serious? Fine, let me tell you the reasons why you've been an to me! First, you've been hanging out with those people you call friends when they're just using you for your smarts and your freaking looks! I see the way those girls look at you!" He laughed. 

"Ok, you're just jealous and you need to back off. Those are my friends!" He yelled slamming his fists down that made me jump back. I sighed.

"I wouldn't have a reason to be jealous, and actually, I'm not even jealous because now it's gone way beyond that point that I have the thoughts of you cheating on me when you spend nights with your group of friends and I get worried and scared and I feel helpless! Is that a ty reason, Donghyuk? Is it really?" I held back my voice from breaking. He stopped at my tears spilling. 

"Eunhye-"

"No! You don't get to talk! I've been feeling like after the first year of college because you thought it would be better to fit in then hang out with your stupid little girlfriend who follows all the rules and studies for her god damn future! I'm sorry for not being what you wanted but why did you have to go out of your way to hurt me! Just let me go if you choose them! I didn't want to ask that because I feel terrible when I do, but I'll feel terrible either way." My voice broke and I couldn't help the tears from falling. It felt like all the time just stopped and we were both frozen in place. I hated that feeling. "Just please, let me go, I can't take the way you treat me anymore. I'll go live with my sister, you can stay here. I'll get my stuff later." I grabbed my purse and ran out of the apartment, not even hearing him scream my name which made me cry harder. 

He doesn't even care enough to call after me and even chase me. Wow, what a jerk. How was he even my sweet boyfriend?

I wiped my tears and drove off in my car. I went to my sister's apartment which she barely uses since she practically lives with her boyfriend. I punched in the passcode and walked into her apartment. As I thought, it was empty. I threw done my phone and purse and fell onto the couch. I let the tears fall out knowing I was alone. 

"!" I screamed. I felt crazy for talking to myself, but it helped me relieve some of my anger. I grabbed a box of tissues and sat and watched the TV. I growled at the loudness of the shows and turned it off. I had a major headache after crying. 

Somehow, I heard the door unlock and open and showed my older sister. She gasped.

"Eunhye! What are you-" Her words got cut off when she saw the tissues and the dried tears on my face. She frowned. 

"Hyerin unnie, he broke up with me." I cried out. She pouted and ran over to me, giving me a big sister hug. We sat for a while while she comforted me. 

"Eunhye, I'm so sorry. He used to be such a sweet boy, I even saw the change. But break ups are bound to happen sometimes. It'll be ok after time goes by." I believed her words, knowing this was for the better. "What happened?" I spilled to her the whole story, making her angry. "That jerk!"

"I know, he was a jerk, I'm mad at him for taking the spot as my first long term boyfriend and just break me like that! How could he just let me go?" She patted me on the back. 

"I know, honey, I'm right here." I smiled. My older sister was always there for me and I loved her for that. 

"I know you are. But I'm surprised you're not at Soonyoung's house." I asked. She chuckled.

"I went home for today, I got a bad sister feeling and I came here." She winked. She always had a good sense when things were wrong. 

"Well, I'm happy you're here." She smiled. 

"I'm glad I'm here too. Now, let's eat something, I'm starving." She cooked us up some food that I missed so much because Donghyuk is the one who cooked in our... was the one who cooked in our relationship. "So, how are you feeling?" She asked. I gave her a small grin.

"Alright, I guess. Kinda numb. I don't know, I'm just really tired. Tired of crying, tired of feeling miserable, tired of loving, I'm just so tired in all the ways possible." She patted my arm.

"I know you are. Let's just hurry and eat and get to bed, ok?" I nodded, slurping up the meal. After that, she let me stay in her guest bedroom. 

"Thanks for letting me stay." She scoffed.

"You never have to thank me for that. We're family, we have to stick together." 

"I also have to get my things tomorrow or something because I left them at the apartment. But I also don't really want to go back." I whispered. She gave me a sad smile.

"We can go back whenever you're ready, Eunhye. We can share and buy new clothes in the mean time." I gave her a smile even though we were now where the same size. She was smaller and skinnier than me. But I let her think we were the same size. "And just so you know, even though you already do, I have to go to work early tomorrow since it's a Friday, but I'll see if I can sneak out early. Now go to sleep, you need it." I laughed and did as she told me.

I thought I would be restless, and I was right. I could barely get to sleep with the headache that would last until I slept because of the crying I did. But probably at 2 AM or something, I finally fell into a deep sleep. 

When I woke up, my Hyerin was already gone. I yawned and checked the time. I gasped. It was noon. I don't usually sleep in during the summer, but I guess today I needed it. 

I knew Hyerin wouldn't be back until dinner time, so I lounged around the house. I had no desire to look good so I stayed in the pajamas Hyerin lent me when I stayed over. I walked into the kitchen and ate whatever she had in her fridge. I made myself same ramen, one of the only things I could make. I sighed. 

"How am I supposed to live by myself? I can't even cook," I said to no one. I sighed and quickly finished the spicy goodness. I tried to ignore the events that happened yesterday but the wounds were still so fresh. I scoffed. He just let me go, just like that, like nothing even happened. 

I wanted to laugh but I couldn't. I felt so hurt. So weak. "I'm so pathetic." 

A doorbell struck me by surprised and made me jump in my seat. I stood and wondered who Hyerin would have over at 1 PM. I opened the door and was greeted with the guy I wanted to see the least. 

"Donghyuk." I spoke quietly. He gave me a small smile. 

"Eunhye, I just-" 

"Save it." I growled. He took a step back. 

"What?" He asked quietly. For a split moment, I remembered the guy he used to be. The sweet, caring, nerdy boyfriend I loved. But I remembered he wasn't that anymore. 

"Save it. I don't even want to hear your excuses and your stupid reasoning with why it's all my fault. I'm done, I just can't handle feeling so useless." I choked out. He gave me a small frown. I could see the hurt in his eyes and the tears bound to slip out. I almost gasped. I hadn't seen him cry in so long.

"I know you don't want to hear any of the bull crap I've been spitting, but I really just wanted to say I'm really, really sorry." I tried to say still and keep my emotions in check.

"Ok, anything else?" I kept a cool facade, not letting him see how much he affected me. He looked down and distraught at the way I was treating him, just like the way he was treating me. 

"And I wanted to say that I choose you over them. If that means anything to you." He pulled out something from behind his back. I almost gasped and teared up. "You deserve so much more but I tried to come here as fast as I could." It was my favorite box of chocolates and favorite knick knacks in a big basket.

"Donghyuk..." I trailed off. I didn't think he remembered this stuff. 

"I was going to get you your favorite flowers but I remembered you hated having strong smells in the apartment so, I didn't get them, but I bought you a picture of them." And there into the bag was a painting of my favorite flowers, white lilies. I loved the smell and their look, but if I smelled them for too long, I get 

"Thank you." It took all my strength for me not to run up and hug him. He smiled, showing me a genuine side of him. 

"No problem. And about your stuff, I'll have Junhoe drive it all down for you to save you the trip." I felt my heart pick up. I couldn't even say anything anymore. He leaned in and kissed my cheek softly. I swooned and almost lost it. "I hope you'll forgive me one day because I'm so in love with you. I know I've done all this terrible stuff to you and I can't say sorry enough, but one day I'll hope you let me show you again because Eunhye, you deserve of much more than what I've given you." He choked up on his words. "Good bye, Eunhye." 

He walked away, wiping his tears, leaving me with his words I would ponder over for a long time. I sighed and shut the door. 

"Damn, I have a lot ot think about."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

That ending though. I wanted it to be sad for a change because I always have happy endings, but it ended up happier than I intended... Oh well. 

I hope you enjoyed this scenario! :D

Thanks for requesting! :D

 

 

Gif not mine.