First Friend Vernon

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

tumblr_o5zzs7Vu1e1tr4f4oo4_400.gif

For NanaXXO

(AUTHOR'S CHOICE) When Vernon is the only one who befriends Momo in their school.

OC Name: Amatsu Momo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amatsu Momo P.O.V.

I dragged my feet against the halls of the new school in Korea I was attending. I sighed while staring at the folded schedule in my hand and my uniform in another. I saw as the students ran in the hallways, some acting crazy, others just talking with their friends, most avoiding the rest. I took a deep breath and opened the door of the new classroom I was going to be in the whole year. The teacher was sitting in her desk, staring at her computer screen. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Oh, you must be the new student, Amatsu Momo, right?" I nodded. 

"Yes, nice to meet you, Ms. Lee." I bowed 90 degrees, something I was taught to do in Korea. She chuckled.

"Oh, you already know some Korean manners." She complimented. I blushed and nodded. 

"I learned prier to coming here." She chuckled was about to show me to my desk until she looked at the clothes in my hand. 

"Oh, you haven't changed into your school uniform yet?" I shook my head.

"No, they gave it to me just now, I didn't have time to change." I looked at the clock that was 4 minutes before school started. She smiled at me.

"You can change right now, it's fine if you're late since I already saw you. Missing a couple minutes of class is nothing." She winked at me and I laughed, already feeling welcomed into their new country. I thanked her and walked out to change. I wondered for a bit, struggling to find at least one bathroom in this giant school. I looked at the other students with different faces than mine. I saw one girl make eye contact with me, I started to give her a small smile until she whipped her head away. 

"Who brought this freak into the school?" I froze in my tracks at their rude remark.

"Yeah, what is up with her bright blue hair? Does she really think she can pull it off?" I heard loud laughter following after that comment. I felt tears well up in my eyes. 

"Sohee, did you see her makeup? It's all glittery and just freaky. Girl can pile it on her face." 

"Haha, it's all bright purple and she has thick eyeliner on, she must have a lot to hide." Hearing their mocking laughter, I ran to the bathroom and felt held back the tears in my eyes. I looked at myself in the mirror. I touched my face and examined my makeup. No, Momo, those girls are just stupid and judge mental. Your makeup is fine and so is your hair, no one made fun of you for it in Japan. I clenched my uniform. But this is not Japan anymore. I shook my head. Just because those girls are mean, doesn't mean the whole school is going to be like that. 

I quickly changed into my uniform, speeding up the time since I used some of it to give myself some pep talk. I straightened my black and navy blue uniform. I pulled down the skirt that came up too high, in my opinion. I fixed my bright blue hair and walked out of the bathroom. Let's just hope those people aren't in my class. I took a breather and opened the door. And what do you know, they're all sitting in there. They snickered as I walked into the room. 

"Oh, you're back. Ok, class, listen up. This is our new transfer student from Japan, Amatsu Momo. Please treat her nicely and welcome her because it must be hard adjusting to a whole new lifestyle." The class clapped softly, with the people who were insulting me earlier just smirking and clapping without any welcoming feeling. I gulped. "Ok, Momo, you will be sitting next to Yoon Taehee, please raise your hand." I saw the girl who was insulting me earlier raise her hand. Her whole group started to hold back their laughter and smirks. This is not going to be a very good year for me. I miss Japan so much. 

I internally cried as I plopped my next to her desk. She smirked and held out her hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Amatsu Momo." She winked at her friends around.

"Yeah, it's going to be a fun year." A boy behind me whispered in my ear while I jumped forward at the close proximity. They all laughed at me and mocked me with their friends. I just wanted to crawl in a ball and cry. 

After the lesson was over and now it was just work time on a bunch of worksheets, the bullying from them continued.

"Hey, Momo." The guy emphasized my name. "How's the blue hair working for you?" I wanted to slap them after every single cackle they did as a group. 

"Yeah, that's just unnatural. You look like that stupid vocaloid Hatsune Miku!" That stupid laughter again. And Hatsune Miku is not stupid. I tried to ignore them and do my work, but it did not work at all. 

"Hey, hey, I don't know what you learned in Japan but in Korea, we actually look each other in the eye when we talk to each other!" I tried to choke back the tears that were soon going to fall if they kept to put down my nationality. Who knew these Korean people could be so rude? 

"Nah, nah, it's just the massive amount of bleach in her hair that is getting to her, right, Miku?" 

"Yeah, Miku and Momo actually sound alike, coincidence much?" They all laughed and high fived each other which made my block boil.

"Don't the Japanese know that blue isn't an actual hair color?" Everyone 'oohed' at the lame diss he said about the Japanese. 

"Yeah, and I'm sure that brown is your natural hair color too, right?" Everyone 'oohed' even louder at the comeback another guy had to say. I whipped my head back to see who defended me. I was now staring at a boy with nice facial features and dark brown hair. He had some White features to his face and didn't look completely Asian. He's really handsome. 

"Excuse me, you wanna be Korean, your hair is brown too," The guy who kept bullying me said. The other guy scoffed.

"Ha, being a 'wanna be Korean' and all, my natural hair color is actually brown." The whole class was now filled with excitement at the new drama between the two boys. So he isn't full Korean, I was right! 

"Can it, Chwe Hansol! You're not even Korean, you can't get between conflict between a Korean and Japanese person." I raised a brow at the historical reference. 

"Actually, I am Korean, I have a Korean citizenship and spent most of my life here. Plus, I actually defended her, so you can 'can it' too." The whole class was now screaming and cheering. I felt my heart flutter at the boy who was defending me. Maybe all the people in this school aren't that bad. 

"Class, class! Stop, stop! Everyone stop! Go back to work and lunch is only in 10 minutes, keep silent until then." 

When lunch rolled around, I realized that the people who were bullying me were practically friends with the entire school, or at least everyone else feared them. I sighed at the glares  and avoided stares I got around the cafeteria and I left the school. It's a nice day, I'll just eat outside, alone. 

I sat underneath a tree, big enough to provide me some shade. I dusted the area around me, even though the ground was bound to get my skirt dirty. Luckily, I was wearing shorts underneath my skirt so I sat comfortably. I munched on the Korean food I had gotten, but I wasn't in the mood to eat. I set my plate on the ground and groaned into my hands.

"Hey, who said you could eat in my spot?" I heard a male voice ask. I immediately lifted my head and jumped up. The boy I was staring at was the same boy who defended me in class, Chwe HansolDammit, blush, can you go away? 

"I, uh, uhm." I stuttered, not knowing what to say. He raised a brow and flipped his hair. 

"Ok, let me get this straight. Even though I defended you in class, does not mean we're automatically friends. I only defended you because they were also attacking me and I don't take discrimination from anyone." He defended. I nodded. I stood there staring at him staring at me. He groaned. "Aren't you going to leave? I want to eat in peace." I then looked down at my plate and thought about the peaceful lunch I wanted also. I gulped. "Well?" I jumped at his words. 

"Well, I, uh, I wanted to eat under here too, and I had no idea you also sat here." He raised a brow. 

"And?" He said in a sassy voice. I grew worried.

"Well, h-how about I sit on the other side of the tree and I keep silent. I have no where to sit in the cafeteria." I begged with desperate eyes. Please, I'm so desperate. 

"No, you have to go. I want to eat in peace." My jaw almost dropped, but I guess I should have expected this behavior. I looked down and picked up my plate.

"Ok, I'll leave." I spoke in a soft voice, scurrying away. I was about to rush somewhere else, probably in another area, but I felt a hand tug on my arm. 

"Hey, you don't actually have to leave. I'm not going to let you eat alone." I melted at his soft, low voice. I nodded and sat down again. We ate in peace for a few minutes, until he said something. "Do like the food?" He started out as a conversation starter. I nodded.

"It's ok, but I still prefer Japanese food." I admit honestly. Just thinking about my home made me emotional. 

"Why did you even come to Korea if you're going to be so emotional?" He asked in a harsher tone. I jumped slightly at his gaze. 

"My house was destroyed in one of the really big earthquakes we had." I admitted sadly. His gaze immediately turned sympathetic.

"Wow, I'm so sorry, I had no idea-" I chuckled and smiled bitterly.

"It's fine, you didn't know." I muttered out quietly. He cleared his throat to mask the silence.

"Was anyone in your family hurt?" He asked with a concerned look on his face. I shook my head.

"No, we were on vacation at the time, thankfully. But we chose to move to Korea since my parents have friends here." He nodded. I wiped the tears that I had no idea were falling out. 

"Well, I know you are half Korean and half White, so what's your story?" I asked, switching the topic. He leaned back, more relaxed about his life.

"Well, it's not much of a big deal. I was born in New York, as my mom is from there, but we all moved to Korea when I was five. So, I don't really remember anything from New York since I was so young. I'm legally a Korean citizen, and I speak better Korean than English." I smiled softly at his stoic expression.

"Those guys have no right to call you a 'wanna be Korean' when you are Korean and are a Korean citizen. I mean, you've practically been here your whole life." I tried cheering him up. He chuckled.

"Thanks. And by the way, the other reason I stood up for you in class is because I know how it feels for people to hurt you because of where you came from or what your nationality is. It's just I took it well and you're kinda wimpy." I gasped at his words.

"Hey, what?" He laughed at my flustered behavior. "Ok, I admit, I'm kinda wimpy." I felt the blush rise to my cheeks as he patted me on the shoulder. 

"Hey, that's not a bad thing! I mean, you have me now." I felt my heart stop at those words and the red in my cheeks stay hinted. 

"What?" I said, surprised. He chuckled and smiled widely at me. 

"You have me now. I'll have your back. We are in the same class for the whole year, and you do sit next to the idiots in our class." I nodded, feeling my hope die down. "Plus, we're friends now, right?" I gazed up from the ground and stared at him. His eyes looking smiley. "We're friends, right?" I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, we're friends." We laughed together and continued talking. 

My very first friend in Korea. 

I took a look at his handsome face and felt my heart skip a beat.

And maybe in the future, we'll be more than that. 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay, updated all this weekend, woo! 

OMG, YALL WATCHED THE PRETTY U MV BY SEVENTEEN, RIGHT? LIKE, I'M DYING. ALL THE FOOD THAT WAS WASTED THOUGH. THEY ALL LOOK SOOO GOOD AND THE SONG, LIKE, DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED. 

Woozi did such a good job in making this song! *o* I love how they make all their songs and choreography! The dance is so cute too! One of my favorites from them! :D

I hope you liked this scenario! :)

Thanks for requesting! :D