Blanket Kick Mingyu

Rookies Scenario Shop! (REQUESTS CLOSED)

tumblr_nysb8wM7wn1uu4rseo1_400.gif

For hyesong

When Jein, the most adored and cheerful girl in her school, has a crush on Mingyu, the cold guy.

OC Name: Kang Jein

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kang Jein P.O.V.

"Ok, class, here's the extra credit assignment, do it or don't, it's all your choice. But, I suggest you do it because it's almost finals week," The teacher sang. Everyone groaned while I was a bit confused. I cheered as I realized that I didn't have to fail the class.

"Come one everyone! At least we have a choice to have extra credit, not all students get this treatment. Plus, the more extra credit you do, the less you'll have to study for finals." I added jokingly. Everyone brightened up and took the sheet full of equations and questions. I felt someone nudge me on the shoulder. I turned to my left and saw my best friend, Joohyun, looking at me.

"Gosh, you always know how to put everyone in a good mood," She said while smiling half-heartedly at me. I laughed silently. I glanced back in the corner of my eye and glanced at the person sitting there. While everyone besides one person. 

"Yeah, I guess," I said cheerfully smiling. She couldn't help but smile back and turned away, crossing her arms. 

After the lesson, it was finally lunch time.

"Hey Jein, are you going to volleyball practice today?" A classmate asked me. I smiled widely.

"Of course! I would never miss practice for anything!" I cheered. 

"Gosh, Jein, I admire you sooo much! You're so pretty and sporty!" A lower-classmen said to me while passing in the hallways. I blushed and thanked her.

"Yeah! You're like, perfect, I swear! I wanna be just like you unnie!" Another one of my hoobaes declared. I just laughed and thanked her also. 

"Wow, Miss Popular, you seem to have gotten better at receiving compliments," Joohyun said when we got away from the crowd. I shrugged and scratched my neck. 

"I mean, I stopped denying them because I thought I should be thankful for getting compliments and not deny things people get out of the way to say to me," I said a matter of factly. Joohyun scoffed. 

"There you go, always bringing things into a positive light," She said while sitting down at a table. I laughed.

"It's not that hard, Joohyun! Just try sometimes!" I encouraged. She just glared at me while I giggled. 

"Sometimes, I don't get how we became friends," She joked while leaning back in her chair. I laughed and shrugged. 

"I don't know! They say opposites attract!" I commented. She laughed half-heartedly.

"Like you and Mingyu," She whispered laughing. I immediately blushed and looked away.

"I mean, I guess," I said quietly. She chuckled.

"I don't get why you like him anyways. He doesn't pay any attention to you and ignores you when you try to talk to him," She said angrily. I laughed quietly.

"Like what you did to me when I first tried to become your friend," I stated. She stopped laughing.

"Ok that's different-" 

"But it's not! If I keep trying, maybe he'll like me!" I said confidently. She just chuckled softly and looked to the side. We decided to get into another conversation, yet this conversation kept ringing in me head.

After school, I had to go to volleyball practice. I got there early because I was the captain of the volleyball team. 

"Ok ladies, let's warm up!" I called out when everyone arrived. The girls nodded and started warming up.

After practice, I had gone home. I didn't get much sleep last night. One thing was I was too busy doing the extra credit. The second reason was Joohyun's words kept playing in my mind.

She was right, Mingyu never did pay attention to me and he does ignore me when I try and talk to him. I sighed and kicked the blankets in my bed. I don't understand. I started to like him almost right after Joohyun and I became best friends. I noticed his cold demeanor and arrogant looks and tried to befriend him. Obviously, he was not like Joohyun and forever ignored me. I still couldn't help think there was something else underneath that cold layer of ice. You're so stupid, Jein. Stop trying to find the good in everyone! 

I slapped my head. No, no! Everyone is good, right? Everyone can have that layer shed. I sighed. Maybe I needed to stop thinking so positively. Maybe Joohyun was right. Maybe he'll never like me. Maybe not everyone can change. I closed my eyes. I then felt myself drift into sleep. 

I woke up the next morning with a serious headache. I felt sick and miserable. No! I can't miss a day of school! Stupid immune system! I always get sick!

I immediately texted my mom that I was sick and she called the school. She told me to stay in bed and rest. I can't get worse before finals start. I agreed with her words. I just needed a day away from everyone and away from my thoughts. Maybe being miserable is a good thing right now. I emailed my teacher and he sent all the homework and lessons. I breathed a sigh of relief. It obviously paid of being nice to everyone, especially teachers.

I felt very relaxed at home. I only got up to use the bathroom and to eat. Other than that, I laid in my bed for the whole day. 

Until it was 4 PM, an hour after my school got out. I heard my doorbell ring. I realized I was the only one home. Who could be here at this hour? Mom can't be home this early. 

I rolled out of bed and tried to look presentable to anyone at my school. I flung the door open and my eyes widened. I tried to hold back my shocked and scared expression, but I felt like it wasn't working.

"H-hi, Mingyu," I stuttered out. He didn't smile nor say anything else.

"The teacher told me to give you this," He stated with harsh eyes and shoved papers in my hand. I then thanked him. He scoffed. "Why are you even home?" He asked raising a brow. 

"I'm sick." I stated. I thought that was obvious. He laughed. I frowned, which I rarely do. "What's so funny?" I asked curiously. His laugh is amazing. I  want to hear it more often. 

"It's just you get sick soooo often. Are you sure you're not faking it? Like come on, usually when people are sick, they answer the door with a blanket wrapped around them." He tested while smirking. My jaw dropped.

"I-I am not f-faking sickness! That is not something to joke about! And I don't have a very p-portable blanket to carry around." I stuttered while explaining things to him. He just stood with a blank expression on his face. We stared at each other in a silence for an uncomfortable amount of time. I like him, but when is he going to leave? He then finally rolled his eyes.

"Whatever," He said, returning back to his cold state. He then turned and exited out my door. I suddenly felt empty at him walking away. I sighed. I felt myself wanting to call out to him.

"Mingyu!" I shouted. I immediately clamped my hand over my mouth. Oh no. He froze, but slowly turned around again. Is he really going to come back? He just stared at me before walking away. I felt disappointed and embarrassed. But, what was I really expecting? The coldest guy in the school liking me? The most bright and vibrant girl of the school? I slowly closed the door slumping to the floor. I felt a tear drop from my eye. Shocked, I wiped it away. I never cry, or act sad. Is this what he makes me do? By myself, I slowly cried even harder to myself.

That next morning, I woke up with puffy eyes and a blank expression on my face. I run to the bathroom and stared at my pitiful face. I look so sad. I frowned even harder and just pulled on my uniform. 

I trudged slowly to school and felt depressed. 

"Woah, woah, woah!!! Is this THE Kang Jein not happily skipping to school?" I heard Joohyun say to my side. "It's even snowing! And you always get unusually happy when it's snowing!" I tried to chuckle, but I just couldn't. 

"Good morning," I said quietly. 

"WOAH! Now this is scaring me, what's up?" She asked with a concerned look on her face. I shrugged. 

"Nothing," I said while smiling. She looked at me with side eyes and patted me on the back.

"Just tell me when you're ready. It's ok to be sad sometimes, it just makes you stronger," Joohyun said, comforting me. I smiled and we walked to school together. 

During class, I hadn't answered any questions or asked any. I hadn't said anything the whole day. I heard whispers of concern from the other students, but I didn't feel like cheering up at the moment. I felt like being stoic and cold. I felt like ignoring the world. 

"Jein, do you have anything to say about this topic?" The teacher asked. I looked up and shook my head. Gasps were heard everywhere and talking began to arise. I slumped back in my seat and ignored everyone. Why couldn't I be sad sometimes? I am human too. 

After class, I hadn't moved from my seat. I stayed slumped down and head in my arms. I didn't know how much time had passed until I felt someone tap on my arms. I was a bit confused at first, and looked up. 

"Hey, being cold is my thing." I stared at the person. 

"What do you want, Mingyu?" I asked. His eyes widened.

"Wow, any other time, you would have loved that one of your coldest and un-spirited classmates would be talking to you," He teased. I couldn't make myself glare at him so I just look away.

"If you're here to make fun of me, then just go away. I already feel as embarrassed as it is," I mumbled with tears filling up in my eyes. 

"Hey, hey, calm down," He said while shrinking to my level. I turned to him again to see what he was doing. I looked at him when he shrunk down. His eyes look better when they're concerned and loving. "I'm not here to make fun of you." I was a bit surprised at those words. 

"Then why are you here?" I asked with sad eyes. He chuckled. He then pulled something out behind his back that I had not noticed from before. It was a box. 

"Open it," He spoke softly. I felt my heart melting at this new side of him. I opened the box and found a blanket inside. It was a fuzzy, red, blanket with hello kitty on it. "I got you a portable blanket," He said smiling. I smiled at him and blushed.

"Why did you get this for me?" I asked carefully. 

"You didn't have a portable blanket to carry around when you're sick," He said sincerely. I smiled softly at him.

"Thank you," I said sincerely. I felt myself wanting to get choked up because my crush was actually noticing me.

"And I don't have to go deliver homework to you every time you get sick, because that is way too often," He said while avoiding my eyes. He then stood up. "You should get going, it's pretty late. Your parents will be worried," He said in a serious tone. I smiled at him. 

"My parents don't get home 'til late, so I'll be fine." I answered packing my bag. He nodded. We then walked out of the school. 

"So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow...?" It wasn't a question, but he did make it seem like it. I then started to walk in the other direction of him. "Kang Jein!" I heard him call my name. For a moment, I wanted to ignore him, but my heart said to whip my head as fast as I could. We stared at each other for a moment. "I like it more when you smile." He spoke loudly. I blushed and smiled. I felt over-whelmed and embarrassed so I just kept walking. I felt bad until I heard him laughing. 

That night, I kicked in my new blanket. It was softer than my other one, but not as large, but I didn't mind. I then thought of the whole days sequences. I blushed thinking about it and rolled around in my blanket. I squealed into my pillow and kicked around even more.

I can't wait for tomorrow. 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! I hope I'm updating as fast as everyone liked, I try to do it every weekend, but I was sooooo busy this weekend so I could only update today. 

This wasn't as I planned it to be, but I hope I made it fluffy enough. I hope I added enough moments between them. 

BTW, I DIED AT SEVENTEEN AND AILEE Q&A. Ailee's vocals totally added something groovy and soothing to the song, along with Woozi's always soothing vocals. PLUS S.COUPS IS ME WHEN I STUDY. And seriously, Vernon looked SOOOOO good in this MV. Seriously, I was dying.

ALSO, I named this chapter Blanket Kick because of BTS's song. It kinda fits with the scenario! XD

I hope you liked this scenario! :)

Thanks for requesting! :D

 

 

Gif isn't mine.